Canada health care crisis

athos

Canada health care is in deep crisis. People die while waiting in emergency rooms without receiving medical attention.

The husband of a 37-year-old woman who died at a Nova Scotia hospital after waiting hours for care on New Year's Eve is speaking out.

3 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Some satire or probably not: 

Yes, the story was posted already by a CCP sympatizer, here, and it was debated: 

https://repolitics.com/forums/topic/43085-the-system-is-totally-a-disgrace/

Gets to show you that Chinese Intelligence and their fans are way ahead of you. 

First, you shared with us that you post on other forums in Australia (with your own link), and then you post a late story, this is sloppy work tovarisch.

I am disappointing. If your Russian handler reads this, a salary decrease might be in order. 

@Nationalist , look who is back. ?

Hmm...you sure don't like this athos character. Seems you don't like anyone who questions the western institutions. I wonder...Will you be such a cheerleader once Canada gets a conservative PM? Or...what if Canada quit sending things to Ukraine? Would you still insist on cheering the virtues of the nation?

One of our virtues is...or was...free speech. Athos can post what he thinks because of it. You can post what you think because of it. Yet...it certainly does appear you'd rather we not have this freedom. 

So what's this fascination you have with these Russian handlers you've imagined? Is this the knee-jerk reaction of a person who blames Russia for his abandonment of his home? My wife isn't a fan of Russia either. But she is also capable of seeing reality clearly. In fact...she sees reality in a way I can't. Meh...different upbringings produce different perceptions. 

Here's some good advice for you.

If you imagine your own personal boogeyman is around every corner, you'll eventually become a paranoid schizophrenic. So relax. Focus on your family. Smile. This is good ol' Canuckland. Your safe here.

Edited by Nationalist
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

The man that pushes conspiracy theories gives me advice about reality. That's a new one. 

I treat this forum as a short term distraction, don't really care what a Russian and his populist fans from the West post or do. I enjoy to debate anyone and a good laugh. Do you think I am here to change anyone? I am not a guru my friend. ?

As for the next election, the conservatives most likely will win as we are in need for a change. That will benefit people like me in many ways, believe me. 

But people like you? That won't satisfy you, you support a Donald Trump and a gang of traitors from the US, you think your movement will be satisfied with a Conservative politician in Canada? It wont be enough for you, we'll talk then. ?

What conspiracy theories are you talking about son?

Question: Why do you think Trump and his supporters are traitors?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Trump is not a traitor in the face of the law, yet anyhow, his supporters that entered are. 

I don't think at the end I would agree with Trump being charged, if Nixon wasn't charged at that big scandal, then Trump shouldn't either in regards to him agitating the waters on January 6th. A narcissist in my view, can not accept defeat, that does not understand that every word matters and there are people (with low IQ, the ones that entered) that would follow regardless if some of the things that he is saying are irrational. 

The FBI is seeking the public’s assistance in identifying individuals who made unlawful entry into the U.S. Capitol building and committed various other alleged criminal violations, such as destruction of property, assaulting law enforcement personnel, targeting members of the media for assault, and other unlawful conduct, on January 6, 2021, in Washington, D.C.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/capitol-violence

Some are even regretting their decision: 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/05/14/capitol-riot-proud-boys-leader-ethan-nordean-lashes-out-trump/5089270001/

Anyhow, we are going in circles, can't wait when The Conservatives win here and then your new rantings will start. 

So...you can't answer either of my questions. Not surprising. 

11 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

---> Tell your wife I have been to Czech Republic, is a beautiful country. I have been to a fotball game in Liberec, she knows the city for sure. The team was Slovan.

Leave the politics aside and learn about European football. Is the real football.  ?

I've been there. 

10 hours ago, athos said:

Canada health care is in deep crisis. People die while waiting in emergency rooms without receiving medical attention.

The husband of a 37-year-old woman who died at a Nova Scotia hospital after waiting hours for care on New Year's Eve is speaking out.

It's a problem across the whole country, already very bad situation made worse by our response to Covid. What I find disturbing is that no politician is speaking out about solutions either short or long-term. Why do we have government again?

Canadians are too complacent and need to apply political pressure to governments when they are disfunctional, which is all the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Canadians are too complacent and need to apply political pressure to governments when they are disfunctional, which is all the time.

This 100%. 

We don't understand how to be a public.  We know how to be royal subjects and a consumer mob but nothing inbetween.

It's easy: set up a thinking PUBLIC that can review the COSTS and BENEFITS that our system is providing.

15 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Yes, the story was posted already by a CCP sympatizer, here, and it was debated: 

First, you shared with us that you post on other forums in Australia (with your own link), and then you post a late story, this is sloppy work tovarisch.

I am disappointing. If your Russian handler reads this, a salary decrease might be in order. 

Despite your sense of superiority, please try to be reasonable
and at least suppress your racial hatred.
Thank you.

16 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Coming to Canada soon

On 1/14/2023 at 11:18 AM, Contrarian said:

Look who is giving moral lessons about hatred when you spend your time pushing hatred against Westerners and Jewish People by promoting criminal members like the boss of Wagner.

Are you kidding? ?

I respect any Russian and Chinese citizen that does not like authoritarianism and wants to come here.

The West should be open and in return we give you the conspiracy theorists. An exchange program. 

Where did the Russian Empire went and left something positive behind? Anywhere?

So, please, don't be coming here and asking for respect from me while you promote neo-nazi theories.

Caution your boss, that one of the leaders of the SS too came too close to old Adolf and met his ending.

Yevgeny Prigozhin should understand that power is temporary. He might meet his maker soon enough is my estimation, possibly even from someone internally if he gets too close to the Tsar.

Don't you have any shame promoting such role models?

Until we argue again.

= )

Yes my dear angry man.

"Ignorance and arrogance are twins who enjoy being together"

Lao Tzu

Edited by athos

On 1/15/2023 at 3:35 AM, Contrarian said:

anger-cannot-be-dishonest-quote-by-marcus-aurelius_2.png

The Great MA once said "Anger can not be dishonest."

So allow me to stay an "angry man" while you stay as a "FSB man."

I type with arguments, angry, you promote former coat robbers, thugs and criminals like Yevgeny Prigozhin that are not even liked in the Russian military. So you are not satisfied to support an invading military force, you took it a step even further, supporting the criminal element of the criminal element. ?

You posted the Wagner's job posting the other day, hoping to do what? To show the disenfranchised western men that Wagner pays? A high school student can type that article. Don't you have any shame, tovarisch?

Educated folk know the truth:

That only Prigozhin and a few of his ilk get that money, the rest are just temporary bodies which get recycled when the new batch of new prisoners arrive in the penal colonies.  

Slap that Bi*ch around some more Contrarian... maybe you should show those boys how much black water mercs used to get paid, so they can see how much they are NOT getting paid....Life is not worth much in mother Russia...

On 1/13/2023 at 8:08 AM, Contrarian said:

---> Tell your wife I have been to Czech Republic, is a beautiful country. I have been to a football game in Liberec, she knows the city for sure. The team was Slovan.

Leave the politics aside and learn about European football. Is the real football.  ?

Thats a women's sport, European football is nothing more than a huge drama club..... Hockey is the only sport, no Drama there, the blood is real, the fights are real, those guys getting stretchered off are really hurt.... Soccer you guys make me laugh...Or try Australian football...

2 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Thats a women's sport, European football is nothing more than a huge drama club..... Hockey is the only sport, no Drama there, the blood is real, the fights are real, those guys getting stretchered off are really hurt.... Soccer you guys make me laugh...Or try Australian football...

Ice Hockey's boring.  Sometimes, if the Canucks are deep in the playoffs, I'll watch it if it goes to OT.

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

Ice Hockey's boring.  Sometimes, if the Canucks are deep in the playoffs, I'll watch it if it goes to OT.

Come on Bcsapper your a transplant, European soccer is in your blood...your as bias as i am...but deep down hockey is taking over.... To much drama and acting in European soccer, and no one has taking any acting classes thats for sure...

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Come on Bcsapper your a transplant, European soccer is in your blood...your as bias as i am...but deep down hockey is taking over.... To much drama and acting in European soccer, and no one has taking any acting classes thats for sure...

You mean Ice Hockey, right.  Not real Hockey.  I don't see too much of that.  Apart from around Olympics time, usually.  Not keen on that sport either.

Question though:  Taking over what?

Edited by bcsapper

Just now, bcsapper said:

You mean ice Hockey, right.  Not real Hockey.  I don't see to much of that.  Apart from around Olympics time, usually.  Not keen on that sport either.

Question though:  Taking over what?

Real hockey ok i deserved that one. Olympic hockey, world Jnrs is much better hockey...

Taking over your urge to watch that drama filled game you call football.

6 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Real hockey ok i deserved that one. Olympic hockey, world Jnrs is much better hockey...

Taking over your urge to watch that drama filled game you call football.

Good one.  I deserved that one.

I was, of course, talking about field hockey.

I definitely don't see any taking over.

22 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

---> @bcsapper   do you remember this moment? when he missed the penalty and in the same minute, the other team turned it around, people could not control themselves from Watford?  

Strangely enough, I don't.  I wonder what I was doing that weekend.  Fantastic finish to a game.

That said, this is the finest game in the history of English football:

And against Mourinho, too...

Other countries are experiencing similar problems. For example, the UK:

As many as 500 people could be dying each week because of delays to emergency care, a senior healthcare official has said.

November, 37,837 patients waited more than 12 hours in A&E for a decision to be admitted to a hospital department, according to figures from NHS England.

This is an increase of almost 355% compared with the previous November, when an estimated 10,646 patients waited longer than 12 hours.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/jan/01/up-to-500-deaths-a-week-due-to-ae-delays-says-senior-medic

And Europe generally:

For decades, western Europe’s national healthcare systems have been widely touted as among the best in the world.

But an ageing population, more long-term illnesses, a continuing recruitment and retainment crisis plus post-Covid exhaustion have combined, this winter, to create a perfect healthcare storm that is likely to get worse before it gets better.

“All countries of the region face severe problems related to their health and care workforce,” the World Health Organization’s Europe region said in a report earlier this year, warning of potentially dire consequences without urgent government action.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/dec/14/a-ticking-time-bomb-healthcare-under-threat-across-western-europe

• Like 2

On 1/22/2023 at 10:26 AM, TreeBeard said:

Healthcare by the provinces has turned into a disaster.  It’s time to nationalize healthcare.  

Careful what you wish for, as we used to say the Dept. of Fisheries and Oceans headquarters is 1500 miles from the nearest ocean. But then on some days I honestly don't know why we even bother with provinces.  Area/regional management boards make more sense.

Hey I know, we'll make governments of the future so they don't govern an area bigger than you can drive in 15 minutes.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/22/2023 at 1:26 PM, TreeBeard said:

Healthcare by the provinces has turned into a disaster.  It’s time to nationalize healthcare.  

The provinces all have different needs and requirments  so if nationalized, there still would be departments within specializing in each provinces issues.

All the feds are asking is to audit and report where the money is being spent. A very reasonable requests as I see

On 1/26/2023 at 8:22 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

But just because other countries have problems too doesn’t mean we don’t need big changes here. 

Other countries have similar problems and perhaps we should look at what they are doing it solve their similar problems instead of fighting around tables and getting nowhere.