Why do we still fund the Communists at the CBC?

West

49 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

---> First, CBC are not communists.  

I won't comment on my opinion about the Christmas tree because I will go in a debate again with brother @blackbird about the origins of the Christmas tree, which really predates Christianity, it was a pagan symbol which the Christians stole it. 

but to the topic, this why people vote for populist politicians like of Trump profile. You read that right. The blinders that some at these outlets have is insane. The CBC even closed their comments section on the social media because staff members could not deal with the nasty comments. 

When you close communication, when you put up articles such as this against tradition, yes, you and 100 others will feel good, your friends, but the impact in society, some just can't see it.

For running this article, she probably increased populism a few %. 

and these are the same type of people which then complain about politicians like Trump when they get elected.

Do they ever see their part? 

---> So every immigrant now that comes here and is Christian from Europe, or Christian from The Islands, but had nothing to do with colonisation here, is to think about their Christmas tree? Wrong target. Please direct it towards the rich white families that benefited from colonisation. 

I'm just glad we can finally say Merry Christmas again after the Trump presidency!

33 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Which part? The opinion about the CBC stoking populism? 

Or you mean cancel culture from the CBC which closed the comments section on Social Media? 

Their experts say it was a positive experiment (to shut off comments on social media), they do allow comments on their website, I will be fair with them on that one. 

And i know how they reasoned it too, they closed it for harassment. Really? The police does not have jurisdiction on social media if some lunatic threatens violence? 

My final view is that they should have left everything open, hire staff to moderate and involve the police when someone is threatening direct violence. 

No, trolling belongs in here or in other corners of the internet. 

The Media should be a calling like priesthood but that is my radical view. 

Who cares anyways?

The name People's Party destroyed right wing populism in Canada, just that name has zero chances to succeed here even though CBC practices censorship at times. ?

Silence is violence to a lefty.. so when you don't agree with them or don't feign the same outrage that is violence.. 

The police just can't win

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Cancel Culture, once again.

"Somebody is saying something I don't agree with so we must shut it down"

Technically, it's just about stopping the taxpayer funding. There is nothing stopping the CBC from raising their own funds. Except perhaps that most left-wingers are notoriously cheap when it comes to spending their own money.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Contrarian said:

1. Which part? The opinion about the CBC stoking populism?  Or you mean cancel culture from the CBC which closed the comments section on Social Media? 

2.  And i know how they reasoned it too, they closed it for harassment. Really? The police does not have jurisdiction on social media if some lunatic threatens violence? 

3. The name People's Party destroyed right wing populism in Canada, just that name has zero chances to succeed here even though CBC practices censorship at times. ?

1.  No.  People not liking something on the channel so wanting to cancel it.  That's cancel culture in it's natural form.
2.  They're under no obligation to deal with trolls, so...  
3.  Populism makes more sense when people aren't fed their lines by the libertarian butt munch machine.

Edited by Michael Hardner

I won't comment on my opinion about the Christmas tree because I will go in a debate again with brother @blackbird about the origins of the Christmas tree, which really predates Christianity, it was a pagan symbol which the Christians stole it. 

I don't think I ever said the Christmas tree was invented by Christianity.  Just pointed out recently that some woke library in the U.S. tried to not use it and was forced by an uproar to allow it again.

And i know how they reasoned it too, they closed it for harassment. Really? The police does not have jurisdiction on social media if some lunatic threatens violence? 

They're hard to catch and If rather the police spend their time addressing other crimes rather than chasing down trolls on SM. 

You know the conclusion I came to after scan reading that article?

People calling themselves Indians are getting whiter and whiter.

It's getting hard to feel the difference.

Good scam though.

Call yourself an Indian and the CBC will pay you to blather for pages about trashing your artificial Christmas tree or something.

Edited by Infidel Dog

16 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

1. I will tell you what, I watch the political scene as a spectator, don't care one way or another what people call me. 

2. You call me a libertarian, maybe, maybe not, but I will tell you what I am noticing as a spectator

3. If this is what the CBC and liberal/conservative status quo (politicians, media) in North America has learnt from Trump's phenomena it means the winds of populism are not stopping anytime soon. 

4. When Hillary Clinton called Trump voters "Deplorables" , she was at the same mentality as "They're under no obligation to deal with trolls". 

5. Everyone that posted there on social media were violent troll thugs? It was ruining the morning coffee at the CBC? They could not concentrate to write valuable stories about a Christmas tree, scientific work. 

5Wasn't it better to hire someone, or even ask for vo6. unteers to have a moderation team going while also leaving the gates open? Do some of you just don't see how this type of idealism, actually has the opposite effect towards your goals for a better society? 

1. I will tell you what: we are ALL spectators, and I most assuredly did not call you anything.
2. I don't know if you are a libertarian but you are almost assuredly not part of the libertarian butt munch machine.
3. Maybe the reaction to fake populist outrage should be to taunt it as much as possible, ie troll the trolls.  In any case, so what if somebody thinks that their Christmas tree is actually a Hitler tree.  More trees for me in my family I say.  Now, tell me you are cancelling halloween for my children and I will unleash Canadian passive aggressivity on you so you WILL know what happened.
4. I know where you are going with this but rest assured Hillary is right-wing status quo: " Hillary Clinton has continued her unlikely TERF rebrand this week by claiming that trans issues pose a “legitimate concern” for cisgender women"
5. I know where you are going with this.  You think they shut it down because they don't like debate with polite conservatives ?  Or maybe they were sick of seeing "Trudeau has sex with his mother" and "Kill the Jews" every other post.  Do you think that it's their job to provide a blank people for nutzos to fling their poop on ?  How many virulent anti-Semites are allowed to ask questions on "Cross Country Checkup".  

Hillary was wrong to think people who voted against her are all deplorable.  But the true deplorables can go get stuffed.  They had their moment, they got their president.  Nothing much changed for them and they're still mad as hell.  Maybe they can learn from this how to deal with real power.

6. I think a true public forum is needed, but this site is closer to what we need than CBC is.  

You know how Andy Warhol quipped that in the future everybody will get 15 minutes of fame?

I think it's more like in the future everybody will get to be a minority so they can write an article for the CBC.

Why not? The CBC seems to be made of money. Other People's Money but money. So you pay your taxes. A big chunk gets funneled to the CBC and you get some of your money back telling people how repressed you are.

Who said the CBC aren't Communists? :P

Edited by Infidel Dog

I enjoyed the white Indian lady from the article's story about how her Indian name is Rotting Wood though.

It reminded me of something. There was a time in the lower mainland of British Columbia you could walk around in the forest and enjoy buckets full of these wonderful, little orange, sweet n sour berries. We called them "Huckleberries." Technically I think they were wild cranberries. But they were amazing. They had a unique taste and they grew in rotting wood.

You don't see them so much anymore. The "Progressives" needed immigrants and the immigrants needed new subdivisions.

So the Huckleberries had to go. 

OK, that wasn't about Communists or the CBC. Sorry about that.

58 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

You know the conclusion I came to after scan reading that article?

People calling themselves Indians are getting whiter and whiter.

It's getting hard to feel the difference.

Good scam though.

Call yourself an Indian and the CBC will pay you to blather for pages about trashing your artificial Christmas tree or something.

What I gather is lefties just gather around and try to out-woke one another. Sounds like a giant grievance fest.. 

54 minutes ago, RedDog said:

I associate national “state media” with China and Russia/Soviet Union. No such institution should even be legal in a democratic environment.

Endless indoctrination of the public at my expense is repugnant.

And yet almost every single democracy has state-funded channels.

Indoctrination is going to happen.  You want it done by an Australian Billionaire.  I don't.