The Florida STOP WOKE ACT

16 minutes ago, Hodad said:

1. Yes, Johnson was not a charismatic leader like Kennedy. He was a grinder who knew how to get shit done. The phone calls and transcripts (that are available) from that period are fascinating. A POTUS up 24/7 personally calling people and flogging votes. 

2. I don't think it was a handshake and "good game" and "I'll get over it." There was a LOT of bitterness and some never got over it. Racism and the opposition to civil rights continued to animate conservative voters through the 70s at least. Obviously I don't think most Republicans today are explicitly racist, but still the party is the only viable home for Americans who are and it ends up reflected in the platform. They must leave room to accommodate them. Suddenly it's about "state's rights." And we see the same alignment for gay rights, trans rights, women's rights etc.  

1. If you read his biography - this is what he was simply the BEST at.  A skill he honed over years in congress and the senate and something that employed his talent in oratory, persuasion, and strategy.

2. The leaders, especially the top leaders, see things very philosophically.  I joke about Hannity not believing in what he says but that is kind of the job of every politician: compromise compromise compromise, in the service of ... 

Of what ?  The best thing for America ?  For the historical record ?  The same people who kowtow to nuts and send soldiers to their graves are more than aware of the arithmetic that adds up to big decisions and big political events.

19 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

OK again, I can immediately tell this post is going to be BS ridden so I'll just deal with the first point.

The fact Clark was a Democrat casts shade on the idea MLK was coming round to that way of thinking. That was the point.

WTF? That MLK was coming around to what way of thinking? 

There is no question that MLK was in full public support of Johnson. He didn't explicitly support anybody in the Kennedy election, but it was generally understood.

JFK library

By the 1960 presidential campaign, civil rights had emerged as a crucial issue. Just a few weeks before the election, Martin Luther King Jr. was arrested while leading a protest in Atlanta, Georgia. John Kennedy phoned his wife, Coretta Scott King to express his concern, while a call from Robert Kennedy to the judge helped secure her husband's safe release. The Kennedys' personal intervention led to a public endorsement by Martin Luther King Sr., the influential father of the civil rights leader. The publicizing of this endorsement, combined with other campaign efforts, contributed to increased support among Black voters for Kennedy.

Across the nation, almost 70 percent of African Americans voted for Kennedy, and these votes provided the winning edge in several key states. When President Kennedy took office in January 1961, African Americans had high expectations for the new administration.

If you and Reason10 want to say King was a Republican before the civil rights movement, it's possible but entirely unsupported by evidence. If you want to say he was a Republican after the civil rights movement then you're just partisan nutters willfully blind to ample evidence.

And this all started with Reason10's absurd implication that Rosa Parks was Republican, when she literally spent the rest of her working life from the mid-60s on working for Conyers. 

Here's the real question: if you want Republicans to enjoy the association of these American icons, if you crave the halo of that affiliation as you obviously do, then instead of comically pretending that those folks were Republicans, why don't you try applying pressure to Republican politicians to support the issues that earn the support of civil rights leaders? Like, actually do the farking work?

Edited by Hodad

7 hours ago, reason10 said:

Suggesting human activity in the UNITED STATES ALONE (since you snowflakes want to ignore CHINA'S fossil fuel world) can change the climate of  a planet that is mostly WATER is just plain ignorant.

Aside from missing the entire point of my post (you cannot even recognize what is actually important), you're trying to prove your climate denial ignorance with retrts the equivalent of

Why did you smack me Mommy? Bobby took a much bigger shit on the living room floor!

On 1/17/2023 at 1:34 PM, Michael Hardner said:

1. If you read his biography - this is what he was simply the BEST at.  A skill he honed over years in congress and the senate and something that employed his talent in oratory, persuasion, and strategy.

2. The leaders, especially the top leaders, see things very philosophically.  I joke about Hannity not believing in what he says but that is kind of the job of every politician: compromise compromise compromise, in the service of ... 

Of what ?  The best thing for America ?  For the historical record ?  The same people who kowtow to nuts and send soldiers to their graves are more than aware of the arithmetic that adds up to big decisions and big political events.

Johnson's actions (the legislation he rammed through Congress) as well as his escalation of the Vietnam War cost THOUSANDS of American lives and DESTROYED the black nuclear family unit. His expansion of the welfare state gave us those inner city ghettos, single parent families, gangs, intense poverty rate, and violent crime. It ALL goes back to Johnson's Great Society crap, which also expanded the welfare state to 70 percent of the federal budget.

On 1/17/2023 at 3:24 PM, herbie said:

Aside from missing the entire point of my post (you cannot even recognize what is actually important), you're trying to prove your climate denial ignorance with retrts the equivalent of

Why did you smack me Mommy? Bobby took a much bigger shit on the living room floor!

Nobody with an education denies the ability of the climate to change. The climate HAS changed in the past.  That part is documented.

And only a totally uneducated imbecile somehow thinks the fossil fuel use of Americans ALONE, (since none of you goose steppers are pointing any fingers at the number one fossil fuel user in the world: CHINA) can actually change the climate of planet with a surface mostly water, and greenhouse gasses 97 percent water vapor.

When you get past the Florida Third Grade level (which definitely above a blue state 12th grade level) look up greenhouse gasses in a reliable science text. Human caused CO2 doesn't even rate a percentage point.

To put it bluntly, every American has a toilet so they should be beaten even harder for shitting on the floor...

and everyone who was awake in Grade 4 knows the climate can change into ice ages and warm cycles, it's the ignorant adults who think we can't and shouldn't do anything about getting f***ed up by it and just want to sit on their asses and watch it happen.

Everyone is supposed to die, it's natural. therefore it's stoopid to seek treatment if you get ill, right?

1 hour ago, herbie said:

it's the ignorant adults who think we can't and shouldn't do anything about getting f***ed up by it and just want to sit on their asses and watch it happen.

Everyone is supposed to die, it's natural. therefore it's stoopid to seek treatment if you get ill, right?

Speaking of ignorance...you might want to look up "mitigation versus adaptation". Realizing climate is changing but not wanting to run and tell the king because nothing is happening that hasn't happened before is not necessarily the same thing as just sitting on your ass. Wanna beef up the dyke in Richmond? Good idea.

But if you want a carbon tax tell me why we need it and show me what it's been doing for us so far. Or try. We already know, not much, if anything.

Edited by Infidel Dog

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

carbon tax tell me why we need it

Because Joe Average is a freaking dimwit and 'average' means half the people aren't even that bright, so the taxes make you stop and think about it.

Why, you want to buy a car that gets worse gas mileage or a used 1954 Kelvinator air conditioner?

On 1/17/2023 at 1:40 PM, Hodad said:

WTF? That MLK was coming around to what way of thinking? 

There is no question that MLK was in full public support of Johnson. He didn't explicitly support anybody in the Kennedy election, but it was generally understood.

JFK library

If you and Reason10 want to say King was a Republican before the civil rights movement, it's possible but entirely unsupported by evidence. If you want to say he was a Republican after the civil rights movement then you're just partisan nutters willfully blind to ample evidence.

And this all started with Reason10's absurd implication that Rosa Parks was Republican, when she literally spent the rest of her working life from the mid-60s on working for Conyers. 

Here's the real question: if you want Republicans to enjoy the association of these American icons, if you crave the halo of that affiliation as you obviously do, then instead of comically pretending that those folks were Republicans, why don't you try applying pressure to Republican politicians to support the issues that earn the support of civil rights leaders? Like, actually do the farking work?

Republicans already did the farking work. Republicans FREED black slaves, gave them the right to vote, gave them the right to attend public schools, OVERTURNED the Democrat Party JIM CROW laws. And today, Republicans expand economies which provide high paying jobs for folks of all races, as well as making it less expensive for them to drive to work.

The Democrat welfare state DESTROYED the black family unit and relegated them to the new Democrat PLANTATION, where their crimes, drug use, single family homes and gangs KILL more blacks in a month than the entire Vietnam War. (Since you racists seem to think that the Johnson Democrats deliberately drafted blacks and sent them to die overseas.

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

DeSantis is still a degrace and a stiff.  

Alert! Alert! Robo! You need to jump in the spellingmobile and get down here stat. Siren screaming and red light flashing.

There's been a spelling mistake. I don't want to look but I can't look away. The horror. Only you can save us R&R.

Come quick. Immediately if not sooner. PAFhKpz.gif

3 hours ago, reason10 said:

Republicans already did the farking work. Republicans FREED black slaves, gave them the right to vote, gave them the right to attend public schools, OVERTURNED the Democrat Party JIM CROW laws. And today, Republicans expand economies which provide high paying jobs for folks of all races, as well as making it less expensive for them to drive to work.

The Democrat welfare state DESTROYED the black family unit and relegated them to the new Democrat PLANTATION, where their crimes, drug use, single family homes and gangs KILL more blacks in a month than the entire Vietnam War. (Since you racists seem to think that the Johnson Democrats deliberately drafted blacks and sent them to die overseas.

Aw, that's delightful. You just keep telling yourself that fairytale and being confused as to why it's so hard for your candidates to win over Black voters. Way easier than actually learning some history after the 60s. And your hero DeSantis' most recent stunt of rejecting the AP African American studies course will surely help too!

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's an honour to be nominated, thanks.

DeSantis is still a degrace and a stiff.  Trump will beat him for the nomination on the way to another collapse, probably.

Or maybe not.

You're welcome. 

DeSantis or Trump, makes no difference. America wins either way. :)

13 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's an honour to be nominated, thanks.

DeSantis is still a degrace and a stiff.  Trump will beat him for the nomination on the way to another collapse, probably.

Or maybe not.

DeSantis is the finest governor in the history of Florida. Right now he is the best governor in the entire United States. Right now, Florida has the best economy in the country and our state budget is in SURPLUS, and we do not have a state income tax. All highly taxed blue states have budget deficits (from mostly their WELFARE spending) and the cost of living there is prohibitive. It takes a superior governor (and an educated state legislature) to keep a state in such excellence.

Most of us in Florida do NOT want him to go after Trump in 24, because we don't want to give him up until the rest of his term. He is that good.

Trump WILL win the nomination and he WILL win the presidency. This time, the 2000 Mules will be watched.

11 hours ago, Hodad said:

Aw, that's delightful. You just keep telling yourself that fairytale and being confused as to why it's so hard for your candidates to win over Black voters. Way easier than actually learning some history after the 60s. And your hero DeSantis' most recent stunt of rejecting the AP African American studies course will surely help too!

I have produced reliable sources PROVING every point I've made. Also, maybe you should put your crack pipe down and go look at that thread about the disgraceful CRT studies DeSantis has put down.

Since when is it complimentary of blacks to mingle them with queers.

Find the thread. Find someone with an education to read the thread to you and explain it.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

If you like culture wars that is, or culture wars and deficits.

What you're really saying is that your friends, the racists and hooligans of BLM and Antifa, would slither out and there would be violence across the country again. 

Edited by Deluge

43 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You don't seem to be able to talk about this without demonizing me.

Do you agree?

It's nothing personal; it's that you just so happen to share the voice of so many others who think like you. You're a leftist: arrogant, deceptive, and narrow minded, and I'm speaking to you collectively. 

Edited by Deluge

Just now, Deluge said:

It's nothing personal, it's that you just so happen to be the voice of so many others who think like you: arrogant, deceptive, and narrow minded; in other words, leftists. 

Nothing personal ?  You just called BLM and Antifa racists and hooligans and said that they're my friends ?  You think that's not personal ?

I'm the voice of me.  You don't need to flatter me to say I speak for others.

I'm not a leftist, I'm conservative.  I believe in the founding institutions of democracy: centres of knowledge, the press and an informed public.

If you can discuss things without flying off and trying to dissect my personality, we can have some nice chats.