More than a decade ago, the army had a plan to rebuild. It went nowhere.

On 2/2/2023 at 5:30 PM, Army Guy said:

a large part of me wants it to fail, to show the ungrateful Canadians what they had and what it is going to cost to get it back...

I don't blame the Canadian public

because Canada is not a republic

there is no public rule in Canada

Canadians can only vote for an MP, they don't have any say after that

in a monarchy, any deficiencies are the fault of the Crown

the Commander-in-Chief cannot blame his subjects for having a dysfunctional military

"there are no bad regiments, only bad Colonels" ~ Bonaparte

EX CDS, Gen Hillier's comments on our contributions to Ukraine, our nations combat abilities, And our NATO contributions, and he is not happy with any of them, repeating what everyone else has been for decades, Canada is a parasite when it comes to NATO and other defensive pacts..

Our government has an opportunity to take the step a bit further and replace the equipment it has donated to Ukraine in quick purchases, it can fix those badly kept tanks and give all of them to Ukraine and replace them with brand new tanks...

Canada probably could provide 50 tanks to Ukraine: retired general | Watch (msn.com)

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't blame the Canadian public

because Canada is not a republic

there is no public rule in Canada

Canadians can only vote for an MP, they don't have any say after that

in a monarchy, any deficiencies are the fault of the Crown

the Commander-in-Chief cannot blame his subjects for having a dysfunctional military

"there are no bad regiments, only bad Colonels" ~ Bonaparte

Are you saying that the Canadian public holds no power over our politicians, remember when that white female prisoner wanted to get transferred to a Indigenous retreat and was approved for transfer... Media got a hold of the story and Canadians started to respond "this is BS" and her transfer was canceled...Our government feeds off public opinion, look at the amendments on C-21 banning of handguns, it was canceled becasue it was so unpopular.  Justin does nothing unless he has tested it with the public first... 

The public is a voice that is heard by our government, and if Canadians wanted a modernized military they would demand it...The fact they don't know enough about our military, and it does not interest them is the reason we are where we are today...For Canadians it is cheaper to pay to bury our troops than support them with the right tools for war..  

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the Canadian public can only hire them or fire them

the public does not have so much precise control as to be able to control defence policy

You can change anything if you have a voice... One university professor created a scandal that rocked DND with how we where treating prisoners of war...ONE guy and some media coverage... take a look at the convoy heard around the world...

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the Canadian public can only hire them or fire them

the public does not have so much precise control as to be able to control defence policy

Which is why they need to listen to public opinion, they want that power to sit behind a desk and feel important...Raise taxes 100 % and see Canadians reactions...

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

You can change anything if you have a voice... One university professor created a scandal that rocked DND with how we where treating prisoners of war...ONE guy and some media coverage... take a look at the convoy heard around the world...

I don't have a voice

Academics run the government in Canada, only university professors can make policy here

so long as they adhere to the postmodern Neo Marxist Woke pseudo religion

14 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Our government feeds off public opinion

not when it comes to defence

defence policy is largely determined by Washington

for example, the Liberals have been forced to cave and buy F-35

even tho they know it is wildly unpopular with the public

Just now, Dougie93 said:

I don't have a voice

Academics run the government in Canada, only university professors can make policy here

so long as they adhere to the postmodern Neo Marxist Woke pseudo religion

Even you have a voice Dougie, you used it during the convoy , the world was listening, was it the outcome you wanted, maybe not but you grabbed the attention of the world...

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

not when it comes to defence

defence policy is largely determined by Washington

for example, the Liberals have been forced to cave and buy F-35

even tho they know it is wildly unpopular with the public

Every American president, General, , ambassador, sends the same message over and over, have some pride and boost your spending. we could never become a serious threat to the us, they want a larger participation by all NATO countries so they can concentrate on other things other than just their military. They are sick of free loaders, and we are one of the biggest ones...

2 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Even you have a voice Dougie, you used it during the convoy , the world was listening, was it the outcome you wanted, maybe not but you grabbed the attention of the world...

I was not advocating for nor against any particular defence policy during the convoy

I wasn't actually advocating for nor against any particular policy at all

I was simply answering the stand to

brothers called for assistance in the breach, said they needed me to support this action

my involvement was not political, it was a matter of honour

8 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I was not advocating for nor against any particular defence policy during the convoy

I wasn't actually advocating for nor against any particular policy at all

I was simply answering the stand to

brothers called for assistance in the breach, said they needed me to support this action

my involvement was not political, it was a matter of honour

Just being there supporting your brothers in arms was using your voice and it was for their struggle...There is always honor in standing up for what you believe is right...and even more for helping out our brothers. 

5 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Just being there supporting your brothers in arms was using your voice and it was for their struggle...There is always honor in standing up for what you believe is right...and even more for helping out our brothers. 

but the government wants to crush us under the tracks of our own main battle tanks

the government wants to kill its own veterans

if they can't get them to commit suicide by MAID

then they will order the army to turn against its own brethren

thus it is no longer in the interests of veterans for the government of Canada to be heavily armed

it's actually better that they are feeble, when they are a mortal peril to Canada's most loyal sons

56 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Which is why they need to listen to public opinion, they want that power to sit behind a desk and feel important...Raise taxes 100 % and see Canadians reactions...

they trumped up charges against Vice Admiral Norman

they trumped up charges against General Vance

they trumped up charges against Maj. General Fortin

they trumped up charges against Admiral MacDonald

when Lt. General Maisonneuve spoke out, he was promptly silenced

how many senior officers are they going to have to take down,

before you will acknowledge that this is a totalitarian government engaging in Stalinist purges ?

the defence budget is the least of our concerns at this point

4 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Every American president, General, , ambassador, sends the same message over and over, have some pride and boost your spending. we could never become a serious threat to the us, they want a larger participation by all NATO countries so they can concentrate on other things other than just their military. They are sick of free loaders, and we are one of the biggest ones...

Americans are not talking about Canada

Canada is such an insignificant player, that it doesn't even register on America's radar

America views Canada as being a mostly helpless yet friendly neighbour

nobody in America expects Canada to come to the rescue

when America talks about "free riders", that is referring to much more significant players

like Britain, France, Germany, Japan & South Korea

Canada is not even considered in America's geostrategic military calculations

I would actually assert that Canada is more popular now in America, than it has been in decades

because of the Convoy

because of the Convoy, suddenly 80% of Republicans have a positive view of Canada

and I know it, because all my Republican family & friends love & admire the Truckers

when they used to just view Canada as being a speech banning gun grabbing frozen Commie gulag

now they are inspired by the Canadian freedom fighters of the north

Edited by Dougie93

18 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Every American sends the same message over and over

I'm talking to MAGA Republicans online right now

US military veterans & wealthy businessmen

they want me to tell you : they don't give a rat's ass about NATO

they don't care about Europe

they are not worried about Putin

they are much more interested in Canada overthrowing its lunatic dictator Trudeau

they think Putin is just reacting to a provocation by the Obama Administration

Edited by Dougie93