Hilarious to watch Canadian media (CBC, CTV) trip over themselves to mock the GOP as they choose a house leader.

9 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The clips I've seen have Fox News going after this spectacle more than anyone. I have an interviewing the leaders and absolutely roasting them.

You shoulda seen Tulsi Gabbard take George Santos to task last week when she subbed in for Tucker Carlson. She speed-bagged him.

It was good for US politics in general, sadly she's gonna have a hard time lining up interviewees after that little dust-up. She needs to take a lesson or two from Oprah if she wants to get the prime-time interviews in the future. 

18 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It is actually a sign of a healthy democracy when members of a party don't vote as a solid block.

The LPOC is a perfect example of a political party which has forgotten what the word democracy even means. Individual electoral ridings no longer have their vote.

Every LPOC MP who goes to Ottawa on behalf of their constituents is actually just doing the bidding of 1 man. Even those who were elected to the NDP are doing Trudeau's bidding. 

The reason why is simple - Trudeau has the MSM locked down, and as long as they're under his thumb to the extant that they are, opposing Trudeau is like asking for career cancer. 

There is a place and time for diversity of views in any political party but not with key votes like this which should have been considered a vote of confidence. It is true that since Trudeau père both governing parties in Canada have tightened their grip on MPs to a depressing extent. Do you think Stephen Harper encouraged debate and members’ bills on abortion within his caucus? The best place to see such individual freedom expressed by MPs is in parliamentary committees. Unfortunately, the PMO has taken these over as well and MPs have very few decisions to make between elections.

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, RedDog said:

I’m almost embarrassed for CNN these past couple years. I shake my head quietly in disbelief. Sad media collapse.

As if the news itself wasn't bad enough, they loved pontificating about "white privilege" while they had an actual Vanderbilt (A Cooper 360) with his own prime time show and a guy whose father and brother were NY State governors on another prime time show. 

CNN also had to fire two producers because they were outed as pedophiles in the last two weeks before Ghislane was sentenced. If you're keep ing score, In the whole history of CNN, going back to 1980 or something, those were the only pedos they fired. The timing is suspicious, to say the least.

Would they still be working there if not for Ghislaine's trial???

If CNN said the sun was gonna come up tomorrow I'd have my doubts.

Our democracy is healthier than the US in at least one respect: provincial politics here has not yet been completely federalized. Even the parties aren’t necessarily the same. However, as our local newspapers and tv coverage disappear, expect more of the national, and American, scene to be fed to us wherever we are. It’s a good time to be a dodgy provincial or municipal politician. We’re all reading about Kim and Kanye instead of the mayor. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

As if the news itself wasn't bad enough, they loved pontificating about "white privilege" while they had an actual Vanderbilt (A Cooper 360) with his own prime time show and a guy whose father and brother were NY State governors on another prime time show. 

CNN also had to fire two producers because they were outed as pedophiles in the last two weeks before Ghislane was sentenced. If you're keep ing score, In the whole history of CNN, going back to 1980 or something, those were the only pedos they fired. The timing is suspicious, to say the least.

Would they still be working there if not for Ghislaine's trial???

If CNN said the sun was gonna come up tomorrow I'd have my doubts.

Ah yes . 

Then who could forget the cheerleading of New York governor Cuomo during Covid who was later shown to have signed executive orders forcing covid patients back into care facilities?

5 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

There is a place and time for diversity of views in any political party but not with key votes like this which should have been considered a vote of confidence. It is true that since Trudeau père both governing parties in Canada have tightened their grip on MPs to a depressing extent. Do you think Stephen Harper encouraged debate and members’ bills on abortion within his caucus? The best place to see such individual freedom expressed by MPs is in parliamentary committees. Unfortunately, the PMO has taken these over as well and MPs have very few decisions to make between elections.

I thought that MPs were allowed to speak in Parliament if they wanted to but a while ago an asian-Canadian MP, I forget his name, made a stink about the fact that none of the backbenchers are allowed to speak unless they get permission in advance from their party. Not just in the LPOC either, all of the parties. 

Just now, West said:

Ah yes . 

Then who could forget the cheerleading of New York governor Cuomo during Covid who was later shown to have signed executive orders forcing covid patients back into care facilities?

The executive order also forbade testing them for covid. It was almost like an act of biological warfare against his own people. 

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

I thought that MPs were allowed to speak in Parliament if they wanted to but a while ago an asian-Canadian MP, I forget his name, made a stink about the fact that none of the backbenchers are allowed to speak unless they get permission in advance from their party. Not just in the LPOC either, all of the parties. 

Across the countries that follow the British parliamentary model, power has shifted relentlessly to the PMO. It’s terrible for democracy. MPs must fight back. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, herbie said:

The USA does do everything better, especially at making themselves look foolish.

I'm ok if it's non-partisan hate and mockery of the USA.

In the traditional good, auld Canadian style...

;) 

Edited by OftenWrong
trimmed quote...

20 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's a spectacle, nothing more.

Only the stage management knows who pulled the levers to lower the curtain.

All the same rubes who follow the over culture News like FOX-CNN will tell you that they know what happened.

I listened to some of McCarthy's speech... wherein he promised to investigate the "source of covid" ?. Should be clear that it's all a show from that.

Question: why is wanting to know exactly how The Rona got loose, funny to you?

• Like 2

On 1/6/2023 at 5:13 PM, Queenmandy85 said:

The GOP is being held hostage by a half dozen toxic nihilists who's only mission is to burn the system to the ground, taking time out to get a sound bite on that media that you claim is so biased. 

Not really.  The GOP members are simply negotiating within the election process in exchange for their support.  That is normal politics and is a normal part of the democratic system.  When the left or liberals do it do you call them "nihilists"?

A little different than Trudeau's Liberal Party where one cannot even be a candidate if he opposes abortion or any woke ideology of Trudeau's.

Edited by blackbird

On 1/7/2023 at 8:41 AM, Michael Hardner said:

How do you know they didn't get anything? It's all backroom deals right? Committee assignments, money for re-election...

Maybe some underage girls to pass around?

I mean, Matt Gaetz seems to have been the main holdout..

22 hours ago, West said:

We can only hope.. investigate everything about the loonies like Shifty Schiff, Mad Max, and Biden who propper up the sketchy investigations.. 

Make their lives a living hell.. bury their families and allies in legal fees

And don't worry about that ... what's it called again... governing? Yeah, that's a waste of time. It's not like America has any actual problems that need handling. Let's spend all our time on Hunter Biden's laptop or something.

35 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Maybe some underage girls to pass around?

I mean, Matt Gaetz seems to have been the main holdout..

I'm a Conservative, so I will afford Mr. Gaetz a presumption of innocence.  Unlike the Westies on here who declare a leak of government data the insidious work of 'leftists'.

Pretty soon, though, the champions of those who value angry venting as the only form of political discourse will be in the rear view mirror

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I'm a Conservative, so I will afford Mr. Gaetz a presumption of innocence.  Unlike the Westies on here who declare a leak of government data the insidious work of 'leftists'.

Pretty soon, though, the champions of those who value angry venting as the only form of political discourse will be in the rear view mirror

Pretty soon? You going somewhere?

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

And don't worry about that ... what's it called again... governing? Yeah, that's a waste of time. It's not like America has any actual problems that need handling. Let's spend all our time on Hunter Biden's laptop or something.

What goes around comes around. 

I’m not a large Trump fan but the media pant pissing the past couple years has provided tremendous entertainment.

The sheer media terror wants me to see Trump back stating “fake news”, which has proven he was right.

I never want media calling or influencing the show. Left wing “flight-of-fancy” media in charge of anything is terrifying.

I can vote against candidates but not against nipple sucking leftist funded media. 

Edited by RedDog
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 1:10 PM, herbie said:

So after 15 rounds of grovelling and kowtowing to the lunatic fringe and the direct intervention of the Traitor In Charge, the GOP proves that even an ugly political slut can get their way if they suck hard enough,

The democratic party is full of sluts and whores who would sell their useless lefty liberal souls for more perks, money and power and to be able to possibly hob-nob with the globalist WEF elite one day. it's always been about money and power with most of our traitorous politicians who really do despise the electorate who pay their gawd dam salary. 

Liberals suck big time because that is all they know how to do. We do not have leader politicians anymore, just follower politicians who could careless about we the peasants. If they did we would by now be having way less taxes to pay, way less government to pay for, and have a first amendment right in our constitution. But we do not because our politicians do not believe in those three mentioned. Just more of them. ?