George Santos is the new normal for the MAGA GOP

20 hours ago, bcsapper said:

It's the same as with Trump.  Someone who is that crap stands out above the rest.  Head and shoulders.

One just can't ignore such blatant garbage.

I get that raindropgate was a big deal for you, and you really wish that Russian collusion was a thing so that leftists wouldn't just look like stupid criminals after all that, but between Biden and Trump, Biden is the slimeball with all the huge, meaningful lies under his belt.

Nothing Trump said could ever compare to "We won't leave any Americans stranded in Afghanistan", or "We didn't leave any Americans stranded in Afghanistan". 

Wait, how many droplets fell? Maybe I was wrong. I'll go count the droplets on robosmith's chair. 

34 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Boy, that's a lot of words to *still* not admit that you were FOS when you claimed that the FBI issued a statement calling the laptop Russian disinformation. 

More lies from WestCanMan. Demonstrably untrustworthy. 

The FBI lied to Americans. That's an absolute fact. 

They knew that the laptop wasn't Russian disinformation and they pushed the media to give the wrong narrative.

I know that passes for honesty in your eyes, just like Kevin Clinesmith's crime was also not really a crime by your standards, I just expect a far higher standard of integrity than you do. 

If you take an honest look at yourself, you're trying to hold me, a random internet poster, to a far higher standard than you the FBI. Right?

More lies from Hodad the FBI apologist/weasel extraordinaire. 

Just now, WestCanMan said:

I get that raindropgate was a big deal for you, and you really wish that Russian collusion was a thing so that leftists wouldn't just look like stupid criminals after all that, but between Biden and Trump, Biden is the slimeball with all the huge, meaningful lies under his belt.

Nothing Trump said could ever compare to "We won't leave any Americans stranded in Afghanistan", or "We didn't leave any Americans stranded in Afghanistan". 

Wait, how many droplets fell? Maybe I was wrong. I'll go count the droplets on robosmith's chair. 

Not sure what a raindrop gate is, but I can say I've never seen a crapper person in politics than Trump.   (Note:  I didn't say evil)

He's a liar, a con man and a narcissistic crybaby. And he obviously has absolutely no regard or concern for his country, the people who support him, or, laughingly, their religion.  (Pictures of him with a Bible are hilarious)

Anyway, that's why he stands out for someone who doesn't always follow US politics closely.  He's also shined quite the spotlight on some of the other RINOs that don't have the courage to stand up to him.  Weasels like McCarthy, Graham, Cruz, etc.  It has become quite entertaining, and educational.

All those who follow Trump blindly are such gullible m0rons.  It's so weird that people actually do. Mindbogglingly so, in fact.  I bet you send him money, don't you?

And as far as Afghanistan is concerned in particular, It was a sh!t show, there's no doubt about that, but your m0ron's trashy deal with the Taliban was the catalyst for everything that followed.  Miserable poltroon.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

The FBI lied to Americans. That's an absolute fact. 

They knew that the laptop wasn't Russian disinformation and they pushed the media to give the wrong narrative.

I know that passes for honesty in your eyes, just like Kevin Clinesmith's crime was also not really a crime by your standards, I just expect a far higher standard of integrity than you do. 

If you take an honest look at yourself, you're trying to hold me, a random internet poster, to a far higher standard than you the FBI. Right?

More lies from Hodad the FBI apologist/weasel extraordinaire. 

Wow, a lot more words without you admitting to your lie. Lying while complained about lying? I think there's a name for that...

I don't see any point in discussing deeper issues when you can't even be honest about the basic facts that you've misrepresented.

But keep posting paragraphs. Maybe we'll forget. I'm sure it's working.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Not sure what a raindrop gate is, but I can say I've never seen a crapper person in politics than Trump.   (Note:  I didn't say evil)

He's a liar, a con man and a narcissistic crybaby. And he obviously has absolutely no regard or concern for his country, the people who support him, or, laughingly, their religion.  (Pictures of him with a Bible are hilarious)

Anyway, that's why he stands out for someone who doesn't always follow US politics closely.  He's also shined quite the spotlight on some of the other RINOs that don't have the courage to stand up to him.  Weasels like McCarthy, Graham, Cruz, etc.  It has become quite entertaining, and educational.

All those who follow Trump blindly are such gullible m0rons.  It's so weird that people actually do. Mindbogglingly so, in fact.  I bet you send him money, don't you?

And as far as Afghanistan is concerned in particular, It was a sh!t show, there's no doubt about that, but your m0ron's trashy deal with the Taliban was the catalyst for everything that followed.  Miserable poltroon.

I get that's your opinion, and I know that you arrived at it fairly, from watching the Russian collusion show trial and hearing about how Trudeau did so well against covid and Trump so poorly, but that was all spin.

Fact is that Trump actually was a better president than Biden in every way, and Biden is a huge liar. 

The gullible mo0n is you, dude. Sorry.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I get that's your opinion, and I know that you arrived at it fairly, from watching the Russian collusion show trial and hearing about how Trudeau did so well against covid and Trump so poorly, but that was all spin.

Fact is that Trump actually was a better president than Biden in every way, and Biden is a huge liar. 

The gullible mo0n is you, dude. Sorry.

It must hurt so bad, after all this time.?

20 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Wow, a lot more words without you admitting to your lie. Lying while complained about lying? I think there's a name for that...

I don't see any point in discussing deeper issues when you can't even be honest about the basic facts that you've misrepresented.

But keep posting paragraphs. Maybe we'll forget. I'm sure it's working.

Just stop it you loser. The article clearly shows that the FBI was behind the lies about "Russian disinformation". If you don't see that then it's just more proof that you're stupid.

In the post above that has this quote:

A key signer of the open letter that wrongly suggested The Post’s bombshell reporting on Hunter Biden’s emails was part of a “Russian information operation” has accused Politico of distorting “what we said” — more than two years after the fact.

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper tried Monday to tamp down the growing controversy over the letter that he and 50 other ex-spooks signed after The Post first revealed the existence of the first son’s infamous laptop in October 2020.

do you not see where politico got their "Russian disinformation" lie from? Are you completely unable to address the info in the above post?

FYI Clapper is an FBI/CNN shill who babbles about rumours, innuendo, fake leaks, anonymous sources and FBI insider information for the Democrats to give in an air of respectability. CNNtards don't know any better. 

Why do you think that Clapper and Brennan only go on CNN if he's not a Demmie? 

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

It must hurt so bad, after all this time.?

It's a sad reflection of just how bad the media is here. 

Credulous dolts like you followed Fauci like a puppy for years, just to find out that he knew about the GOF virus in the Wuhan lab the whole time. 

People who were much smarter than you, who wanted to speak about the BSL4 lab, were banned, shadow-banned, and had their accounts suspended from social media giants who were co-members of TNI, along with the CBC.

Millions of people here listened to Fauci's speech about how "If you get vaccinated you don't have to worry about getting covid, or spreading it", they took the jab. They rallied behind vax-fascism.

Thousands of people who didn't even need the jab were injured. 

Now you're backed into a corner. You advocated for vax-fascism, the vax was a bust. Kids were harmed grievously for no reason at all, aside from your gullibility. 

It sucks to suck, doesn't it sap? 

• Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Just stop it you loser. The article clearly shows that the FBI was behind the lies about "Russian disinformation". If you don't see that then it's just more proof that you're stupid.

In the post above that has this quote:

do you not see where politico got their "Russian disinformation" lie from? Are you completely unable to address the info in the above post?

FYI Clapper is an FBI/CNN shill who babbles about rumours, innuendo, fake leaks, anonymous sources and FBI insider information for the Democrats to give in an air of respectability. CNNtards don't know any better. 

Why do you think that Clapper and Brennan only go on CNN if he's not a Demmie? 

You claimed that the FBI released a statement assessing the laptop story as Russian disinformation. That claim is false.

Now, post after post, you continue digging deeper. You won't correct your misinformation or admit any mistake. You are now lying, blatantly, obviously, in front of everyone without remorse. Hence, you are hypocrite and a shameless liar. And a two-bit hack to boot.

Why would anyone care about your speculation and conspiracy theories when you outright refuse to be honest about the basic facts of the matter? 

Probably some more name calling will help next time. Any minute now people will forget that you are shamelessly lying to us. Probably the next post, or the one after that, or the one...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It's a sad reflection of just how bad the media is here. 

Credulous dolts like you followed Fauci like a puppy for years, just to find out that he knew about the GOF virus in the Wuhan lab the whole time. 

People who were much smarter than you, who wanted to speak about the BSL4 lab, were banned, shadow-banned, and had their accounts suspended from social media giants who were co-members of TNI, along with the CBC.

Millions of people here listened to Fauci's speech about how "If you get vaccinated you don't have to worry about getting covid, or spreading it", they took the jab. They rallied behind vax-fascism.

Thousands of people who didn't even need the jab were injured. 

Now you're backed into a corner. You advocated for vax-fascism, the vax was a bust. Kids were harmed grievously for no reason at all, aside from your gullibility. 

It sucks to suck, doesn't it sap? 

Oh, I'm not backed into a corner, you oaf.  You'll do anything to take attention away from having to face up to the fact that you supported, and do support, Donald Trump.

I'm surprised you didn't bring up AOC, Antifa and Extinction Rebellion.

2 hours ago, Hodad said:

You claimed that the FBI released a statement assessing the laptop story as Russian disinformation. That claim is false.

Released a statement?

I think you're going have to produce that quote before we decide who the liar is. 

I went back as far as page six looking for it. I couldn't find it.

The closest thing I could find to that was WCM's belief  Biden knew the FBI didn't believe it was Russian disinformation when he claimed it was. The FBI had the laptop and had been examining it for about a year was his reasoning.

Seriously. Produce the quote you're talking about, or don't then we'll decide who gets to call whom a liar.

Edited by Infidel Dog

53 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Released a statement?

I think you're going have to produce that quote before we decide who the liar is. 

I went back as far as page six looking for it. I couldn't find it.

The closest thing I could find to that was WCM's belief  Biden knew the FBI didn't believe it was Russian disinformation when he claimed it was. The FBI had the laptop and had been examining it for about a year was his reasoning.

Seriously. Produce the quote you're talking about, or don't then we'll decide who gets to call whom a liar.

Sure. Just one page back on default.

"The FBI had Hunter's laptop in their possession for 11 months before they released a statement in Oct 2020, one month before the presidential election, saying that the laptop story was Russian disinformation. They knew for a fact that it was not Russian D because, like I said, they had it for almost a year themselves. So they LIED."

• Thanks 2

Well, that is interesting. I did F3s on "FBI". I should have done them on "disinformation."

But this is more interesting...there was a story on the date mentioned concerning the FBI and disinformation. But it was the FBI denying they had information on Hunter's laptop being Russian disinformation.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-doj-fbi-confirm-hunter-biden-laptop-is-not-part-of-russian-disinformation-campaign

Turns out the original story concerning the FBI and Hunter's Laptop as Russian disinformation was one of Adam Schiff's lies. The FBI specifically fingered Schiff as the perp spreading the lie.

And here's where it started:

Ekt5wmiW0AI3wd4?format=jpg&name=900x900

The rest of what WCM claims (and there was a lot) appears to be true though. Do you know what the fallacy of hasty generalization is yet, btw? I think we covered it before but I'm starting to notice a pattern.

Edited by Infidel Dog

8 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Well, that is interesting. I did F3s on "FBI". I should have done them on "disinformation."

But this is more interesting...there was a story on the date mentioned concerning the FBI and disinformation. But it was the FBI denying they had information on Hunter's laptop being Russian disinformation.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-doj-fbi-confirm-hunter-biden-laptop-is-not-part-of-russian-disinformation-campaign

Turns out the original story concerning the FBI and Hunter's Laptop as Russian disinformation was one of Adam Schiff's lies. The FBI specifically fingered Schiff as the perp spreading the lie.

The rest of what WCM claims (and there was a lot) appears to be true though. Do you know what the fallacy of hasty generalization is yet, btw? I think we covered it before but I'm starting to notice a pattern.

This has nothing to do with George Santos. 

I hope we all agree that Santos is a liar and a fraud, and he does not belong in Congress no matter what party he’s with. If he was a Democrat, the Republican Congressmen would be demanding his ouster… and they’d get it.  

The real story is: Why are the GOP Congressmen defending him? They should be holding hearings and kicking him out as soon as they can.

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

You are confusing SPECIFIC CONTENT on the laptop with to what Schiff referred. AKA, your cite is OUT OF CONTEXT.

IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE TRUTH, consider the WHOLE CONTEXT of what Schiff SAID.

"This whole smear" means the entire campaign of Russian disinformation targeting Joe Biden, NOT specific laptop contents. ?

George Santos and the Missing $365,000

Rep. George Santos (R-NY) has spent his campaign money in plenty of conspicuous ways, from lavish hotel stays in Las Vegas and Palm Beach, Fla., to an unusual slew of payments for exactly $199.99 — two cents below the threshold where receipts would be required.

But deep within Mr. Santos’s campaign filings, The New York Times found another eye-catching number: $365,399.08 in unexplained spending, with no record of where it went or for what purpose.

The mysterious expenditures, which list no recipient and offer no receipts, account for nearly 12 percent of the Santos campaign’s total reported expenses — many times exceeding what is typical for congressional candidates. 

12 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Well, as long as we've properly established "who gets to call whom a liar."?

As for the rest of the claims, it's a mixed bag. That's sort of the point of a Gish gallop in the first place. They are posted knowing full well that no one is going to provide an itemized debunking of a dozen things, so one can claim whatever they want without challenge. And if someone does challenge a few of the points then the galloper will say "Well, what about the rest?" As if by inference the points as yet undebunked should be assumed true. 

Look, politicians are spinning everything all the time. It's sort of the job. They are all liars, to a degree. But I don't think Biden's loose relationship with the truth has anything to do with him being a politician. I think if he worked at a hardware store he's be the same guy, embellishing and exaggerating his life experiences as part of raconteur persona. He once (or more) referred to a double major as two degrees. He exaggerated the immediacy of his family's coal mining history, etc. Reagan was similar in that regard. And we've all known these people, who think a little extra color will make their stories better and their points more persuasive. And they're right, until they get caught! Biden has certainly had his share of fish tales, and some of them were real whoppers. I don't think that's nearly the same thing as Santos, who has concocted an entirely fictional character and, playing that part, has managed to get it elected to the US House of Representatives. Voters and peers don't seem to think it's the same thing either.?‍♂️

21 hours ago, Hodad said:

Now, post after post, you continue digging deeper. You won't correct your misinformation or admit any mistake. You are now lying, blatantly, obviously, in front of everyone without remorse. Hence, you are hypocrite and a shameless liar. And a two-bit hack to boot.

Why would anyone care about your speculation and conspiracy theories when you outright refuse to be honest about the basic facts of the matter? 

Probably some more name calling will help next time. Any minute now people will forget that you are shamelessly lying to us. Probably the next post, or the one after that, or the one...

I claimed that the FBI lied to influence the 2020 election in favour of the Dems and now you know for a fact that they did. 

Stop with the semantics of my exact wording in one specific post somewhere and acknowledge that the FBI lied to influence the 2020 election in favour of the Dems

You know that much now. Why doesn't it bother you? 

21 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Oh, I'm not backed into a corner, you oaf.  You'll do anything to take attention away from having to face up to the fact that you supported, and do support, Donald Trump.

I'm surprised you didn't bring up AOC, Antifa and Extinction Rebellion.

There's literally nothing wrong with supporting Trump while he was president.

If you go back on this site and look at posts from before the 2016 election you'll see that I actually underestimated Trump by a wide margin. I felt like a choice between Trump and Hillary was an embarrassment to democracy. Only Hillary was an actual embarrassment, Trump turned out to be a very effective POTUS.

You, on the other hand, have zero reasons left to be clinging to your delusional beliefs. I've explained to you the frequency and severity of Biden's lies, you just choose to remain ignorant, in typical leftist fashion. 

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You, on the other hand, have zero reasons left to be clinging to your delusional beliefs. I've explained to you the frequency and severity of Biden's lies, you just choose to remain ignorant, in typical leftist fashion. 

Huh! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/24/trumps-false-or-misleading-claims-total-30573-over-four-years/

12 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

You just quoted WashPo lol. Here's a little sampling of their own Russian collusion saga:

ScreenShot2023-02-20at2_39_41PM.thumb.png.8a901bada4775683c1b154e5d8aaed27.png

I didn't cherry-pick that, it was the first WashPo search I did. It shows that the Post had to retract some of their previous lies, which they told hundreds of times, shows some of their false narratives they worked on, and the story at the bottom is a massive outright lie: Hillary's lawyer gave the FBI the bogus intel about Alfa Bank right at the beginning, and Christopher Steele was working for Hillary as well. The magnitude of that 1 lie there at the bottom dwarfs anything that Trump ever incorrectly stated as POTUS. 

If you go through their bogus list of "Trump's lies", you'll quickly find that the vast majority of them are things like "denying certain Russian collusion allegations", which actually weren't "Trump lies" at all, turns out they were just more WashPo lies. 

In all honesty, WashPo told more lies about Russian collusion in any one month between Jan 2020 and Dec 2021 than Trump told during his entire presidency, and I'd love for you to find an example of a Trump lie that's as significant as "We won't strand any Americans in Afghanistan" or "We didn't strand any Americans in Afghanistan".

You won't do that though, will you, because you can't. You'll just make some more baseless accusations and on, and on, and on. 

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You just quoted WashPo lol. Here's a little sampling of their own Russian collusion saga:

ScreenShot2023-02-20at2_39_41PM.thumb.png.8a901bada4775683c1b154e5d8aaed27.png

I didn't cherry-pick that, it was the first WashPo search I did. It shows that the Post had to retract some of their previous lies, which they told hundreds of times, shows some of their false narratives they worked on, and the story at the bottom is a massive outright lie: Hillary's lawyer gave the FBI the bogus intel about Alfa Bank right at the beginning, and Christopher Steele was working for Hillary as well. The magnitude of that 1 lie there at the bottom dwarfs anything that Trump ever incorrectly stated as POTUS. 

If you go through their bogus list of "Trump's lies", you'll quickly find that the vast majority of them are things like "denying certain Russian collusion allegations", which actually weren't "Trump lies" at all, turns out they were just more WashPo lies. 

In all honesty, WashPo told more lies about Russian collusion in any one month between Jan 2020 and Dec 2021 than Trump told during his entire presidency, and I'd love for you to find an example of a Trump lie that's as significant as "We won't strand any Americans in Afghanistan" or "We didn't strand any Americans in Afghanistan".

You won't do that though, will you, because you can't. You'll just make some more baseless accusations and on, and on, and on. 

Are you suggesting the Washington Post article is wrong?  In that Trump didn't lie, or the actual number of lies is inaccurate?  What would be a more accurate number of lies?

I couldn't find those actual quotes from Biden.  I'm not saying he didn't make them.  Could you provide a link to them?

That said, I would never argue that the Afghanistan withdrawal wasn't a debacle.  If only they had not been restricted by Trump's ridiculous deal with the Taliban.  The Taliban basically made a complete fool out of Trump.  He has no idea how to make a deal.  

People died though, there's no doubt about that.  It's difficult to say which President is more responsible for the deaths.

Anyway, it wasn't as many as died as a result of Trump's lies about Covid.

This was more like a family of lies than a single lie. But each one – the lie that the virus was equivalent to the flu; the lie that the situation was “totally under control”; the lie that the virus was “disappearing” – suggested to Americans that they didn’t have to change much about their usual behavior.

A year into the crisis, more than 386,000 Americans have died from the virus.

We can’t say with precision how the crisis would have unfolded differently if Trump had been more truthful. But it’s reasonable to venture that his dishonesty led to a significant number of deaths.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/16/politics/fact-check-dale-top-15-donald-trump-lies/index.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/analysis-trump-covid-19-response-40-percent-us-deaths-avoidable-2021-2

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

I claimed that the FBI lied to influence the 2020 election in favour of the Dems and now you know for a fact that they did. 

Stop with the semantics of my exact wording in one specific post somewhere and acknowledge that the FBI lied to influence the 2020 election in favour of the Dems

You know that much now. Why doesn't it bother you? 

It wasn't a typo, out a one-off. You could have corrected it at any time if it were a matter of semantics. But now I'll be interested to see how long you think a person's exact wording isn't really important. 

And no, I don't know that the FBI attempted any such thing. I know it's a conspiracy theory that you've embraced and a narrative you're trying to weave, but it's not supported by the totality of facts, particularly in the context of the time.

What I see is everyone from traditional media, to social media, to the FBI trying to avoid a repeat of the bogus October surprise that was sprung in 2016 to the benefit of the Trump campaign. What I see is everyone involved trying NOT to become unwitting accomplices to Russian interference (again). Interference, which, by the way, was in operation again in 2020, once again with Kilimnik involved. Sometimes people and institutions get things wrong, and sometimes they make the wrong call for the right reasons. 

6 hours ago, Rebound said:

This has nothing to do with George Santos. 

Hey, I didn't start it. The guy who likes to grab wonky little tidbits from larger points that might be a bit off and project them as proof the larger point and any other examples are false, did that.

It's interesting that your better half tries incorrectly to accuse me of the same thing in the post that followed yours. He must have looked up "fallacy of hasty generalization" when I mentioned it and thought he could just stuff it in anywhere.

5 hours ago, robosmith said:

You are confusing SPECIFIC CONTENT on the laptop with to what Schiff referred. AKA, your cite is OUT OF CONTEXT.

IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE TRUTH, consider the WHOLE CONTEXT of what Schiff SAID.

"This whole smear" means the entire campaign of Russian disinformation targeting Joe Biden, NOT specific laptop contents. ?

Well first of all your link is not the one I quoted. Mine showed Adam Schiff lying about the FBI being connected with the story. Yours is explained in its title: Schiff: 'Smear on Joe Biden comes from the Kremlin'.

That has nothing to do with the FBI. There's nothing in it that does. So where's this missing context? That story is also a lie from the liar Adam Schiff. So it has that in common but it contains no context on the separate lie I was talking about that the FBI supported it.

But if you would really like some context on that one I'll give you some.

The news comes after Director of Intelligence John Ratcliffe announced yesterday that the emails were not part of a Russian disinformation campaign.

“Let me be clear, the intelligence community doesn’t believe that because there is no intelligence that supports that and we shared no intelligence with chairman Schiff or any other member of Congress that Hunter Biden’s laptop is part of some Russian disinformation campaign,” Ratcliffe said. “It’s simply not true.”

Ratcliffe said that Schiff “wants anything against his preferred political candidate to be deemed as not real and is using the intelligence community, or attempting to use the intelligence community, to say there’s nothing to see here.”

Edited by Infidel Dog