George Santos is the new normal for the MAGA GOP

2 hours ago, Hodad said:

Well, the video of the speech is a tight framing on the speaker. Would you expect to see this angle? You can clearly see him delivering his speech in the photo, no? Are you trying to imply in some way that this is not a genuine photo? How far can you possibly push this? Geez.

I thought you meant it was from the video I posted.

Squirrel fur is waterproof.

Ahhhh, I guess that settles it then.

Um, no. Trump didn't get the information wrong. He lied. He personally intervened to have the parks service edit photos of the crowd 

Hmmm....

A second official, from the NPS public affairs department, told investigators that Spicer called her office on the morning of 21 January and asked for pictures that “accurately represented the inauguration crowd size”.

In this official’s view, Spicer’s request amounted to “a request for NPS to provide photographs in which it appeared the inauguration crowd filled the majority of the space in the photograph”. She told investigators that she, too, contacted the NPS photographer to ask for additional shots.

I would have slapped her for saying something that stupid to me. I can't believe the Guardian actually put that on paper.

Still, it's a pretty good example of what's at the bottom of the whole 'crowdsizegate' affair.

I love your dedication to whataboutism,

I love that you want to engage in a discussion about lying from the WH and yet the most egregious examples of the last 20 years are off-limits.

Do you deny that: "Biden told whopping lies with the stench of betrayal, death and murder on them." 

Do you think that there are any examples of Trump's "lying" that are anywhere near as bad as Biden's lies are? 

Hell, the lies that the media told about Trump were far worse than raindropgate and crowdsizegate put together.

There were articles that said x-number of people (numbers like 13 or 17 iirc) people were arrested for crimes related to Russian collusion. There were some Russians indicted who conveniently won't ever have to testify, and there were some Americans arrested ofr things like tax evasion in 1995, no one was found guilty of anything related to colluding with Russia. 

The only person who was found guilty of a crime related to collusion was an FBI lawyer. 

Here's an article which attempts to sound serious about "indictments and criminal charges related to Russian collusion" https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/2/20/17031772/mueller-indictments-grand-jury but for example Manafort:

2) Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chair, was indicted on a total of 25 different counts by Mueller’s team, related mainly to his past work for Ukrainian politicians and his finances. He had two trials scheduled, and the first ended in a conviction on eight counts of financial crimes. To avert the second trial, Manafort struck a plea deal with Mueller in September 2018 (though Mueller’s team said in November that he breached that agreementby lying to them). He was sentenced to a combined seven and a half years in prison.

Sounds collusion-related, right?

Nope. None of those charges had anything to do with Russian collusion, it's just another example of the MSM lying about Trump. 

They also said things like "Trump referred to immigrants as animals!" It's really catchy headline stuff that sticks in the minds of people who want their confirmation bias itch scratched, and for kids who just want to glom onto some news headlines and then rage on other people, but it's a fact that those are extremely serious lies.

FYI the MSM shouldn't be lying to us on a daily basis and you should never encourage it. You're a weasel and an enabler. 

• Downvote 1

I find it hilarious that Dems want Santos to resign but not Biden. 

Biden told all the same kinds of lies that Santos just told, the only difference is that leftards had about ten more election cycles to ditch Biden since then and they just keep on re-electing him.

Just since he's been president Biden has told a lot of lies that make Santos' lies look accurate.

For example, killing a bunch of children and then fist-pumping that they were Al Qaeda for two weeks is an example of a bad lie. 

Angrily shouting that you won't strand any Americans in Afghanistan, and then stranding hundreds of Americans in Afghanistan, and then saying that you didn't strand any Americans in Afghanistan is a lot worse than lying about a summer job that you didn't have.

NYers are angrier about Santos's garden-variety Dem lies than they are about Cuomo moving covid-infected seniors into care homes and forbidding covid tests on them.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Biden told all the same kinds of lies that Santos just told, the only difference is that leftards had about ten more election cycles to ditch Biden since then and they just keep on re-electing him.

Just since he's been president Biden has told a lot of lies that make Santos' lies look accurate.

For example, killing a bunch of children and then fist-pumping that they were Al Qaeda for two weeks is an example of a bad lie. 

Angrily shouting that you won't strand any Americans in Afghanistan, and then stranding hundreds of Americans in Afghanistan, and then saying that you didn't strand any Americans in Afghanistan is a lot worse than lying about a summer job that you didn't have.

NYers are angrier about Santos's garden-variety Dem lies than they are about Cuomo moving covid-infected seniors into care homes and forbidding covid tests on them.

Well if Santos is what it takes to get you to support drag queen story hour then you’re might be more liberal than me now!

AFAIK Biden didn’t fire the drone missile and them lie about it, the Pentagon did. 

and hmm.

Trump revokes Obama rule on reporting drone strike deaths

President Donald Trump has revoked a policy set by his predecessor requiring US intelligence officials to publish the number of civilians killed in drone strikes outside of war zones.

The 2016 executive order was brought in by then-President Barack Obama, who was under pressure to be more transparent.

Since the 9/11 terror attack, drone strikes have been increasingly used against terror and military targets.

The Trump administration said the rule was "superfluous" and distracting.

There have been 2,243 drone strikes in the first two years of the Trump presidency, compared with 1,878 in Mr Obama's eight years in office, according to the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, a UK-based think tank…

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47480207.amp

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

In the end, I proved that WashPo's histrionics about raindropgate and their blatant lies about crowdsizegate make them a completely unreliable source.

The FACT is, Trump LIED about BOTH. Your refusal to face reality will NEVER change that.

11 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You might be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt after they lied to you a couple times but I don't have to, and FYI no one has to accept that link as being credible now that they know it contains lies. 

I give them and EVERY OTHER SOURCE which CORROBORATES them NO DOUBT because your refusal to face the reality that Trump is a pathological LIAR, which >70% of the US citizens understand means nothing. AKA, everyone but HIS CULT.

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Just because YOU BELIEVE sources that LIE TO YOU, is not evidence that Biden lied.

And it entirely POSSIBLE that HE was given inaccurate info. The FACT is, YOU DON'T KNOW, you just TRUST.

Unlike the VIDEO which clearly shows that IT RAINED during Trump's inauguration speech. Plenty MORE than "a few" drops. Thousands more.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

President Donald Trump has revoked a policy set by his predecessor requiring US intelligence officials to publish the number of civilians killed in drone strikes outside of war zones.

What does that have to do with the fact that Biden's successful retaliation against the Taliban/Al Qaeda was actually just the mass-murder of children?

Of course Biden knew, the Pentagon can't just keep that secret from the POTUS.

And what does "outside of war zones" have to do with Afghanistan? 

8 hours ago, robosmith said:

Just because YOU BELIEVE sources that LIE TO YOU, is not evidence that Biden lied.

And it entirely POSSIBLE that HE was given inaccurate info. The FACT is, YOU DON'T KNOW, you just TRUST.

Unlike the VIDEO which clearly shows that IT RAINED during Trump's inauguration speech. Plenty MORE than "a few" drops. Thousands more.

I can't even imagine what kind of person would just keep babbling 1d10cy and lies like you do. 

You don't even have any examples of me quoting lies from Fox News or anywhere else, I make you, @Hodad, @BeaverFever, @eyeball, @Michael Hardner, etc look like chumps all the time for quoting crap from CTV, CNN, WashPo, etc.

Enjoy your 'raindropgate' story dude, and don't worry, you never have to compare it to Biden's "murderedchildrengate" or "strandedUScitizensgate" if you don't want to. 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

I can't even imagine what kind of person would just keep babbling 1d10cy and lies like you do. 

You don't even have any examples of me quoting lies from Fox News or anywhere else, I make you, @Hodad, @BeaverFever, @eyeball, @Michael Hardner, etc look like chumps all the time for quoting crap from CTV, CNN, WashPo, etc.

Enjoy your 'raindropgate' story dude, and don't worry, you never have to compare it to Biden's "murderedchildrengate" or "strandedUScitizensgate" if you don't want to. 

I don't have to compare anything to your fantasies. Sure, you don't quote ANY evidence from Fox, but that IS the likely source that is KNOWN to tell the SAME LIES that you post here.

Tucker Carlson Successfully Argues Nobody Really Believes Tucker Carlson Is Reporting Facts

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Total nonsense as usual.

You're just clueless, as usual.

Biden gave a speech about being the first university-educated person in his family, and coming from a long line of coal miners. Both lies. What's worse is he plagiarized that from a British politician. He also said he had degrees that he didn't have, he pretended that he graduated at or near the top of his law class, he was bottom 50%, etc, etc...

I guess you don't learn everything on tha steetz, hey? 

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You're just clueless, as usual.

Biden gave a speech about being the first university-educated person in his family, and coming from a long line of coal miners. Both lies. What's worse is he plagiarized that from a British politician. He also said he had degrees that he didn't have, he pretended that he graduated at or near the top of his law class, he was bottom 50%, etc, etc...

I guess you don't learn everything on tha steetz, hey? 

Do you have any citations that support your claims? Or will you insist I "find it myself"...

10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

So sad how much of a stink leftards have to make of a small-time congressman in NY when the president is ten times the liar that Santos is. 

It's just a commentary on the IMPACT that supporting Trump's pathological lying has on the entire GOP.

And you're right; that is VERY SAD. Just like the guy in NM who is shooting at the Democrats' houses in ABQ because Trump NORMALIZED violent disputes over election results. ?

That would not happen if Trump was not a GREAT CONMAN.

22 minutes ago, robosmith said:

It's just a commentary on the IMPACT that supporting Trump's pathological lying has on the entire GOP.

No, it's making a stink about something because you guys briefly have something legitimate to whine about. It's a once a year break from lying for you guys. You just have to be hypocrites though, which is still awesome by your standards. 

9 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

On forums across the globe it is a standard that one posts citations to support their contentions. Now, you claiming you have them is wonderful... But, why not go a step further and post those citations. It is the industry standard.

I already did. It's this topic.

118598635_ScreenShot2023-01-18at7_57_07PM.thumb.png.00e29c4b458b490ac6b50d6e4cfb9a2d.png