George Santos is the new normal for the MAGA GOP

9 hours ago, robosmith said:

In FACT he did and 3 REPUTABLE news sources reported it. ABC News, Time, and Wapo.

Not to mention pix from the video YOU CITED. GPS yourself.

OMG, stop saying WashPo is reputable.

Here's CNN saying it rained during the inauguration: https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/16/politics/fact-check-dale-top-15-donald-trump-lies/index.html

Here's their link to prove it "rained": 

Tim Alberta, the official rainologist of the US Gov't, said it "rained". Uh.... eureka?

It never "rained". At best, there was a brief drizzle that lasted less than 15 seconds. 

To make a grand spectacle of that and call somoene a liar is just a ridiculous joke. 

That "huge lie" made CNN's top 15 list. Are you effing kidding me? He could "lie" about events like that every day and it wouldn't amount to a hill of beans.

Biden's lies, by comparison, are extremely serious and even more blatant. "A pandemic of the unvaccinated!"??? That never happened, not even for one day. As soon as dbl-vaxed people came on the scene they started dropping like flies.

No inflation. Putin price hike. He lied when he said that he didn't know anything about Hunter's extremely lucrative jobs in Ukraine and China.  He lied when he said that the laptop was Russian disinformation. He lied when he said he wouldn't leave any Americans stranded in Afghanistan, and then he lied when he said that there were no Americans stranded in Afghanistan - there were hundreds of Americans stranded there. He lied about "a successful drone strike on Al Qaeda terrorists" - he just killed and aid worker and a bunch of children. How do those actual, material lies compare to whether or not 11 droplets of rain fell on a few people at the inauguration speech?

Raindropgate lol- one of Trump's "top 15 lies". You're a completely worthless dolt. 

I NEVER SAID gas was NEVER up $1. I said it is NOT up $1 NOW. Stop LYING.

That's just a case of you being completely stupid.

The price of gas in 1973 doesn't matter just like the price of gas on Dec 23rd 2022 didn't matter. The price of gas when Biden said "There is no inflation" is all that mattered. He lied, blatantly, and everyone in the free world knew it.

It wasn't a meaningless little mistake where he might not have noticed it, or his exact quote might be misconstrued to be more precise than he intended - he spoke declaratively and falsely about a very serious topic when he and everyone else knew it. 

I can't *see* the fantasies in your head. No one can but you.

FYI the mostly peaceful protest wasn't "seditious". Even the parts of the protest that seemed violent weren't 'seditious'.

Sedition isn't violent. 

Sedition is basically the act of talking about an insurrection. More accurately it's the act of planning an insurrection, and convincing other people to participate in an insurrection, like Ray Epps did. 

It's like when you go on a canoe trip: of course you plan it. You're the planner. When you're on the trip you're a paddler, but you don't paddle planningly. You don't riot seditiously.

Leftards don't know that because from day 1 leftard news was talking about "seditious mobs". They all got their talking points from the DNC, and they understood that it was really important for them to say the word "sedition" a lot because if Trump was guilty of anything it was that, but the talking heads didn't know the actual meaning of the word or how to use it in context so they just blabbed it over and over.

Beave is blabbing it too, incorrectly, just like every other leftard. Now ya know.  

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

OMG, stop saying WashPo is reputable.

Here's CNN saying it rained during the inauguration: https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/16/politics/fact-check-dale-top-15-donald-trump-lies/index.html

Here's their link to prove it "rained": 

Tim Alberta, the official rainologist of the US Gov't, said it "rained". Uh.... eureka?

It never "rained". At best, there was a brief drizzle that lasted less than 15 seconds. 

To make a grand spectacle of that and call somoene a liar is just a ridiculous joke. 

That "huge lie" made CNN's top 15 list. Are you effing kidding me? He could "lie" about events like that every day and it wouldn't amount to a hill of beans.

Biden's lies, by comparison, are extremely serious and even more blatant. "A pandemic of the unvaccinated!"??? That never happened, not even for one day. As soon as dbl-vaxed people came on the scene they started dropping like flies.

No inflation. Putin price hike. He lied when he said that he didn't know anything about Hunter's extremely lucrative jobs in Ukraine and China.  He lied when he said that the laptop was Russian disinformation. He lied when he said he wouldn't leave any Americans stranded in Afghanistan, and then he lied when he said that there were no Americans stranded in Afghanistan - there were hundreds of Americans stranded there. He lied about "a successful drone strike on Al Qaeda terrorists" - he just killed and aid worker and a bunch of children. How do those actual, material lies compare to whether or not 11 droplets of rain fell on a few people at the inauguration speech?

Raindropgate lol- one of Trump's "top 15 lies". You're a completely worthless dolt. 

I'm gonna give you a pass on this one. It's probably just a matter of perception. It was probably hard to notice the rain while sheltered under the canopy of Trump's saggy old scrotum and focused on the deep, deep rimming.

But for those of us on the outside, the audacity of the lie--the sheer brazenness of telling people that it didn't rain, when everybody with eyeballs can see that it *did* rain, and when thousands of people experienced that rain firsthand--elevates this to something truly special. 

It seems like it should be impossible to get away with that kind of a lie, but it turns out there are people stupid enough to believe it and others so invested in serving their master that they'll defend it to the bitter end. ?‍♀️

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hodad said:

I'm gonna give you a pass on this one. It's probably just a matter of perception. It was probably hard to notice the rain while sheltered under the canopy of Trump's saggy old scrotum and focused on the deep, deep rimming.

But for those of us on the outside, the audacity of the lie--the sheer brazenness of telling people that it didn't rain, when everybody with eyeballs can see that it *did* rain,

I watched that HD video several times, and I posted it here several times, and not even the diehard leftists spotted that brief droplet session for 4 years of Trump's presidency and the first two years of Biden's presidency. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

I watched that HD video several times, and I posted it here several times, and not even the diehard leftists spotted that brief droplet session for 4 years of Trump's presidency and the first two years of Biden's presidency. 

Well, my eyesight is just so-so. ?‍♀️

But there are also the still photos that are very clear and people in attendance who experienced it firsthand mentioning it in other media. Hell, Franklin Graham talked about the rain DURING his speech AT the inauguration. Like, it wasn't a mystery or a question that it happened.

I'm still confused that this was even being "debated." 

38 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Well, my eyesight is just so-so. ?‍♀️

But there are also the still photos that are very clear and people in attendance who experienced it firsthand mentioning it in other media. Hell, Franklin Graham talked about the rain DURING his speech AT the inauguration. Like, it wasn't a mystery or a question that it happened.

I'm still confused that this was even being "debated." 

Was Franklin Graham's speech part of Donald Trump's speech? Did they happen at the exact same time? "Cause if not, then it doesn't matter if it rained during what'sisname's speech...

Dude, 20 droplets fell on some of the people in the crowd. FYI that's not "It rained". 

If "it's raining" you use and umbrella, or put on your hood. Most people didn't bother because it was barely noticeable. In Vancouver (same climate as Seattle) that's not "rain".

15 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Was Franklin Graham's speech part of Donald Trump's speech? Did they happen at the exact same time? "Cause if not, then it doesn't matter if it rained during what'sisname's speech...

Dude, 20 droplets fell on some of the people in the crowd. FYI that's not "It rained". 

If "it's raining" you use and umbrella, or put on your hood. Most people didn't bother because it was barely noticeable. In Vancouver (same climate as Seattle) that's not "rain".

You mean like how Melania and many others used umbrellas and ponchos? How she held aloft her rain splattered umbrella during her husband's speech?

Graham's benediction followed Trump's address. This has been shared with you before. 

"Mr. President, in the Bible, rain is a sign of God's blessing. And it started to rain, Mr. President, when you came to the platform," said Graham. "And it's my prayer that God will bless you, your family, your administration, and may He bless America."

It's not rain!

giphy.gif

Edited by Hodad
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Hodad said:

You mean like how Melania and many others used umbrellas and ponchos? How she held aloft her rain splattered umbrella during her husband's speech?

That never happened during his speech.

Late Night TV hosts talked about that and showed pictures of her holding an umbrella, but that was from the ceremony, not during his speech

Honest to God, look at this speech and tell me you would say "It rained."

There were literally 20 droplets that hit people during a brief span of about 15 seconds. 

Leftards act like Trump is a liar and Biden isn't because of "RaindropGate!!!!"

35 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

That never happened during his speech.

Late Night TV hosts talked about that and showed pictures of her holding an umbrella, but that was from the ceremony, not during his speech

Honest to God, look at this speech and tell me you would say "It rained."

There were literally 20 droplets that hit people during a brief span of about 15 seconds. 

Leftards act like Trump is a liar and Biden isn't because of "RaindropGate!!!!"

Yeah, never happened! Fake news! ? 

hero-image.fill.size_1248x702.v161161555

You can see rain falling on Trump at 1:32 of your video. You can see it falling throughout. -- I'm pretty sure you can watch a Marine bring Melania the umbrella several minutes later, at 5:35.  At which point it continued to rain. 

images-2.fill.size_2000x2029.v1611685431

^ That empty chair belongs to the empty suit giving a speech.

Yeah, it rained. Yeah, he lied about it--just one of countless, sometimes pointless, lies he told. Get over it. 

Edited by Hodad
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hodad said:

You can see rain falling on Trump at 1:32 of your video. You can see it falling throughout. -- I'm pretty sure you can watch a Marine bring Melania the umbrella several minutes later, at 5:35.  At which point it continued to rain. 

Yeah, it rained. Yeah, he lied about it--just one of countless, sometimes pointless, lies he told. Get over it. 

I'm surprised that empty chair did not have the hundreds of raindrops clearly visible on the back of Obama's chair. Maybe it was the umbrella.

image.thumb.png.45bc2a4099e21e9d5086f46075300a3b.png

It is however interesting that in Vancouver they can pretend that "drizzle" is not rain.

Edited by robosmith

Stop all the doom&gloom! Look on the bright side. We will get to know the login for Hunter's laptop! They stopped 87,000 IRS Nazi's from kicking in your door, thousands of multi-millionaires and billionaires get a HUGE tax break....there is nobody there to audit their "tax returns." They are going to find out how many MAGA's are being investigated for insurrection/treason.They have taken to their collective bosom a complete fraud who needs to stay in congress to keep out of jail. "We got your back" is the new moto for total frauds to protect the 90% frauds.

All in all, a productive MAGA week in the House. Please don't tell them that just because they pass a bill it does not become law.....They are confused enough. Have you ever seen what happens when you put too many Paraná in a small fish bowl. It is not pretty. Same for too many MAGA "Super Stars" in the House.

1 minute ago, TomT said:

Stop all the doom&gloom! Look on the bright side. We will get to know the login for Hunter's laptop! They stopped 87,000 IRS Nazi's from kicking in your door, thousands of multi-millionaires and billionaires get a HUGE tax break....there is nobody there to audit their "tax returns." They are going to find out how many MAGA's are being investigated for insurrection/treason.They have taken to their collective bosom a complete fraud who needs to stay in congress to keep out of jail. "We got your back" is the new moto for total frauds to protect the 90% frauds.

All in all, a productive MAGA week in the House. Please don't tell them that just because they pass a bill it does not become law.....They are confused enough. Have you ever seen what happens when you put too many Paraná in a small fish bowl. It is not pretty. Same for too many MAGA "Super Stars" in the House.

Sorry, but I see nothing but doom&gloom when the entire economy depends on "MAGA Super Stars" raising the debt ceiling. They would rather burn the economy to the ground to vent their frustration of being otherwise powerless. ?

47 minutes ago, robosmith said:

I'm surprised that empty chair did not have the hundreds of raindrops clearly visible on the back of Obama's chair. Maybe it was the umbrella.

image.thumb.png.45bc2a4099e21e9d5086f46075300a3b.png

It is however interesting that in Vancouver they can pretend that "drizzle" is not rain.

That chair is leather or vinyl. Instead of discoloring the fabric they are just beaded on the surface. You can see it if you zoom in.

6 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Also today, the NY Times decides to make some money over Santos' scandals, so they ran an article named: 

George Santos used fashion to flout the rules. The article is talking about his clothes and featuring a picture of George with his brand clothes. 

Although the article is critiquing fake George, it shows the hunger for ratings in my view. I am sure they can find more serious stuff in his background. 

Of course you do know that EVERY article published in the NY Times is done so to "make some money," don't you?

Filling out George's scandal resume is no different.

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Santos has just been given two House committee seats. I didn't think even the GOP could sink that low. The GOP has zero standards of behaviour or integrity.

They proved that by kicking Schiff and Swalwell off the Intel Committee for being very (too) good at their jobs.

And McCarthy is USING that to make money cause they are unpopular with HIS BASE.

19 hours ago, Hodad said:

I didn't see that photo in the speech, and look at the women behind Melania with nothing over their heads.... Was it just raining in that one spot above Melania's head, like it does over Wile E. Coyote from time to time? 

Here's how the two presidents started off their terms in office with lies:

Raindropgate: A guy talks for 17 minutes without a hat on, and at the end of 17 minutes his hair is as dry as a bone, but theoretically it was one of the biggest lies in the history of US politics when he said "It didn't rain". To be completely honest, what he said was effectively/essentially true.

If he wanted to be more accurate he could have said "It drizzled a bit during a tiny part of the speech", but in his own mind what he was worried about was a downpour on the biggest day of his life. Don't forget, the backdrop for this speech was lying, criminal activity and spying by the Dems and their maFBIa, so it was already marred to great extent - he really didn't want pouring rain on top of that.

I think our big disconnect here is that Dems are just sour because in their sad little schadenfreude minds really really wanted pouring rain. They saw the clouds, they were pissy, and every leftard on the planet was just praying for a torrential downpour that never materialized. In their mind's eye they still wanna believe it happened.

Crowdsizegate: Trump looks at an enormous crowd at his inauguration, gets the transit ridership stats for his and Obama's inauguration days because those were the only stats available at that moment, says his crowd was bigger. Turns out he was wrong. "OMG WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS HUGE LIE FOR 4 YEARS!!!!"

Afghanistangate: President says "We won't leave any Americans stranded in Afghanistan!" Then strands hundreds of Americans in Afghanistan. Then says "We never left any Americans stranded in Afghanistan!" The MSM says nothing for at least 2 full years, but let's just be honest, they're never gonna mention it.

Afghanistangate: Biden unilaterally shifted the agreed-upon withdrawal date so that it can be on 9/11, angering the Taliban. They lift the ban on attacking American soldiers, 13 of them are killed. Biden retaliates with a drone strike, but instead of killing terrorists he kills an aid worker and 5 or 6 children. For two weeks he says "We killed terrorists". 

Afghanistangate: Biden left his allies in the lurch, wondering wtf was going on, struggling to get their people out. Nothing was co-ordinated with them and they were all mad. Biden left behind billions of dollars worth of weapons, military vehicles, ordnance and ammo. Biden stranded Americans. Biden got Americans killed. Then Biden described it all as "The most successful military withdrawal every" or words to that effect. The MSM just nodded. 

Biden told huge lies. Biden told whopping lies with the stench of betrayal, death and murder on them. He knew the full truth, he knew that what he was saying was the exact opposite of the truth, he was speaking about things that were of the utmost national/international importance, and every word he said was 100% deception and fabrication.

12 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I didn't see that photo in the speech, and look at the women behind Melania with nothing over their heads.... Was it just raining in that one spot above Melania's head, like it does over Wile E. Coyote from time to time? 

Raindropgate: A guy talks for 17 minutes without a hat on, and at the end of 17 minutes his hair is as dry as a bone, but theoretically it was one of the biggest lies in the history of US politics when he said "It didn't rain". To be completely honest, what he said was effectively/essentially true.

If he wanted to be more accurate he could have said "It drizzled a bit during a tiny part of the speech", but in his own mind what he was worried about was a downpour on the biggest day of his life. Don't forget, the backdrop for this speech was lying, criminal activity and spying by the Dems and their maFBIa, so it was already marred to great extent - he really didn't want pouring rain on top of that.

I think our big disconnect here is that Dems are just sour because in their sad little schadenfreude minds really really wanted pouring rain. They saw the clouds, they were pissy, and every leftard on the planet was just praying for a torrential downpour that never materialized. In their mind's eye they still wanna believe it happened.

Crowdsizegate: Trump looks at an enormous crowd at his inauguration, gets the transit ridership stats for his and Obama's inauguration days because those were the only stats available at that moment, says his crowd was bigger. Turns out he was wrong. "OMG WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS HUGE LIE FOR 4 YEARS!!!!"

Afghanistangate: President says "We won't leave any Americans stranded in Afghanistan!" Then strands hundreds of Americans in Afghanistan. Then says "We never left any Americans stranded in Afghanistan!" The MSM says nothing for at least 2 full years, but let's just be honest, they're never gonna mention it.

Afghanistangate: Biden unilaterally shifted the agreed-upon withdrawal date so that it can be on 9/11, angering the Taliban. They lift the ban on attacking American soldiers, 13 of them are killed. Biden retaliates with a drone strike, but instead of killing terrorists he kills an aid worker and 5 or 6 children. For two weeks he says "We killed terrorists". 

Afghanistangate: Biden left his allies in the lurch, wondering wtf was going on, struggling to get their people out. Nothing was co-ordinated with them and they were all mad. Biden left behind billions of dollars worth of weapons, military vehicles, ordnance and ammo. Biden stranded Americans. Biden got Americans killed. Then Biden described it all as "The most successful military withdrawal every" or words to that effect. The MSM just nodded. 

Biden told huge lies. Biden told whopping lies with the stench of betrayal, death and murder on them. He knew the full truth, he knew that what he was saying was the exact opposite of the truth, he was speaking about things that were of the utmost national/international importance, and every word he said was 100% deception and fabrication.

Your whataboutisms do NOT prove that Trump didn't LIE 30,000+ times. His TRIVIAL lies just show how pathological he is. AKA, lies when it's completely UNNECESSARY (except to sooth his EGO). LMAO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

Your whataboutisms do NOT prove that Trump didn't LIE 30,000+ times. His TRIVIAL lies just show how pathological he is. AKA, lies when it's completely UNNECESSARY (except to sooth his EGO). LMAO

In the end, I proved that WashPo's histrionics about raindropgate and their blatant lies about crowdsizegate make them a completely unreliable source.

You might be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt after they lied to you a couple times but I don't have to, and FYI no one has to accept that link as being credible now that they know it contains lies. 

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Well, the video of the speech is a tight framing on the speaker. Would you expect to see this angle? You can clearly see him delivering his speech in the photo, no? Are you trying to imply in some way that this is not a genuine photo? How far can you possibly push this? Geez.

Raindropgate: A guy talks for 17 minutes without a hat on, and at the end of 17 minutes his hair is as dry as a bone

Squirrel fur is waterproof.

Um, no. Trump didn't get the information wrong. He lied. He personally intervened to have the parks service edit photos of the crowd to be more flattering AFTER the comparison to the Obama crowd was made public. In the exact same way he casually asked Raffensperger to "find" him enough votes to win in Georgia. "Just find me a crowd photo large enough to 'win!'"

I love your dedication to whataboutism, but I don't think you're sincere about any of this. Biden was HEAVILY criticized by both parties and across all media for the handling of the withdrawal (and deservedly so)--the precipitousness of which Trump helped instigate, BTW. His Taliban deal left Biden in a pickle, but Biden's mistakes are his own. 

At any rate, I think if you really cared about any of these issues you'd be far more pissed at Trump than Biden. Trump promised to get us out of Afghanistan and instead put more troops in, leading to thousands of deaths and a trillion dollar expense. He promised to end the drone strikes, but instead tripled them and killed a crap-ton more civilians than Biden. Are those not the same "meaningful lies," far more egregious and costly than Biden's?

Politicians are often wrong. Politicians also lie. Mostly they make promises they don't keep. Often they embellish or spin their accomplishments to seem better than they are. But it takes a special kind of motherfarker to pee on your leg and tell you it's raining--or not raining, as the case may be. We have NEVER had a president like Trump before, a pathological liar, lying casually and without reason about things that don't even matter. There is no "whatabouting" this. It was totally unprecedented, and that's why his lying captured the attention of the media and the public at large. It's not because anyone was out to get him. It's just that no one has seen anything like it before and it's terrifying for an institution that depends on credibility for domestic relations, foreign relations and our national security.

On 1/11/2023 at 6:58 PM, robosmith said:

No it has NOT. Showing that Trump's hair appears to be dry on a video DOES NOT prove that it didn't rain.

And even if you did prove ONE alleged LIE was actually true, that DOES NOT PROVE all of them were true.

Are you really a statistician? If you were, you would get fired for making up such a logical fallacy.

I bet Trump’s creepy“hair” has factory-installed waterproofing and wouldn’t look wet if he was at the bottom of the ocean. 

1 minute ago, BeaverFever said:

I bet Trump’s creepy“hair” has factory-installed waterproofing and wouldn’t look wet if he was at the bottom of the ocean. 

Really? Holy crap. That would mean that there is now a Republican member of Congress that Republicans won't allow to read stories to children. It's all come full circle!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Really? Holy crap. That would mean that there is now a Republican member of Congress that Republicans won't allow to read stories to children. It's all come full circle!

According to a drag queen who knew him there. 

https://newrepublic.com/post/170070/george-santos-drag-queen-kitara-brazil