Canadian Children’s Activity Book Indoctrinates Kids into Euthanasia

"Children are introduced into the medical killing fields by Canadian Virtual Hospice with its Medical Assistance in Dying Activity Book, described as being for children ages 6–12. In it, the child is taught how a person is killed during euthanasia:"

Canadian Children's Activity Book Indoctrinates Kids into Euthanasia | National Review

Trudeau Gov't Fund Children's Activity Book Promoting Euthanasia (capforcanada.com)

"The whole euthanasia agenda is gut-wrenching, morally destructive, and wrong. It not only ends the life of despairing people who are abandoned by the “It’s your choice” deflection, but as this book illustrates, has the potential to seriously impact the emotional well-being of children in the family who watch as their loved one’s killing is discussed, planned, and executed.

If I were a kid and that happened to somebody I loved, I’d never want to see a doctor again. Good grief."

Where is the CBC or CTV to report on these horrific facts?  The truth is they blindly accept whatever the government does along this line and which is immoral and maintain their silence.

Edited by blackbird
  • Haha 1

Here's the book itself:  https://www.virtualhospice.ca/maid/media/3bdlkrve/maid-activity-book.pdf

This book is directed to children who know someone who may choose MAID.  It neither indoctrinates nor promotes MAID.  There's a lot in there about how the child might feel about someone choosing MAID, about someone they love about to die.  Much of the information would work as well if a child knew anyone who was about to die from any cause.

It's also a great resource for people who get their (mis)information from right-wing sources.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Here's the book itself:  https://www.virtualhospice.ca/maid/media/3bdlkrve/maid-activity-book.pdf

This book is directed to children who know someone who may choose MAID.  It neither indoctrinates nor promotes MAID.  There's a lot in there about how the child might feel about someone choosing MAID, about someone they love about to die.  Much of the information would work as well if a child knew anyone who was about to die from any cause.

It's also a great resource for people who get their (mis)information from right-wing sources.

A great resource for what?  To brainwash young kids into believing the lie that assisted suicide is normal and acceptable of course.  What else?

"Created in the Image of God

The value of human life is intrinsic, for it derives from God, who made human beings in his own image (Gen. 1:26–27). Consequently, the person who takes the life of another will be held accountable and punishable by God through his human representatives (Gen. 9:5–6; Rom. 13:1–7). The sixth commandment, “You shall not murder” (Ex. 20:13), and its explanation in Exodus 21:12–32 clearly teaches this. The Hebrew word for “murder” (ratsakh) in Exodus 20:13 not only refers to intentional killing (e.g., Jer. 7:9; compare Ex. 21:12, 14, 20) but also to human death caused by carelessness or negligence (e.g., Josh. 20:3–6; compare Ex. 21:13). It is important to note, however, that in the Old Testament, the prohibition against taking a person’s life is to be understood as the taking of life outside of the boundaries set by God (such as capital punishment or war).

With this basic principle of the value of human life in place, we will consider a number of ethical issues concerning the beginning and the end of life such as abortion, euthanasia, and the treatment of children, the disabled, and the elderly."

The Value and Dignity of Human Life | ESV.org

Note:  I don't agree that anyone should use the ESV which I believe is a corrupt version in many ways, the information in the article I can agree with.  The KJV is the only real inspired accurate version.

Edited by blackbird

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

I skimmed through it.  It obviously is designed to brainwash kids into accepting MAID as normal and acceptable which it is not.  Did you read my quote about mankind created in the image of God?

Since MAID is allowed in Canada, some kids are going to know family members or friends who choose that.  This book helps them understand and work through feelings around that.  

Just because you think MAID is unacceptable doesn't mean kids and families shouldn't have help going through it, since it's a fact of life in Canada.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

Since MAID is allowed in Canada, some kids are going to know family members or friends who choose that.  This book helps them understand and work through feelings around that.  

Just because you think MAID is unacceptable doesn't mean kids and families shouldn't have help going through it, since it's a fact of life in Canada.

I disagree.  Such kids are being groomed and taught that assisted suicide is acceptable which it is not.  They also would naturally draw the conclusion that humans can take human life of other people and they will learn suicide is an acceptable way to end one's life.  This kind of brainwashing is to teach young people and society that what is going on with assisted suicide is acceptable.  This is wrong.

14 hours ago, blackbird said:

I disagree.  Such kids are being groomed and taught that assisted suicide is acceptable which it is not.  They also would naturally draw the conclusion that humans can take human life of other people and they will learn suicide is an acceptable way to end one's life.  This kind of brainwashing is to teach young people and society that what is going on with assisted suicide is acceptable.  This is wrong.

It’s disgusting how euphemisms are used to make acts appear other than what they are.  It would be better to tell kids, “Canada is one of a handful of countries that kills people and calls it medical treatment, against the Hippocratic Oath that doctors have had to take for thousands of years promising to heal people.  Your government uses workers’ tax money to help people kill themselves.   More and more Canadians are choosing to have the government do this to them, and government workers have been caught encouraging people to killl themselves.  The government’s money counter (Auditor General) has said that killing thousands of Canadians instead of providing surgery or pain killers saves the government money.  This policy is against the Ten Commandments which formed the basis of much of our law, constitution, and the way we treat people.  The government calls this killing “mercy killing” and is considering killing the mentally Iill who can’t make sound decisions and children who don’t have the ability to make informed decisions to defend their health.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s disgusting how euphemisms are used to make acts appear other than what they are.  It would be better to tell kids, “Canada is one of a handful of countries that kills people and calls it medical treatment, against the Hippocratic Oath that doctors have had to take for thousands of years promising to heal people.  Your government uses workers’ tax money to help people kill themselves.   More and more Canadians are choosing to have the government do this to them, and government workers have been caught encouraging people to killl themselves.  The government’s money counter (Auditor General) has said that killing thousands of Canadians instead of providing surgery or pain killers saves the government money.  This policy is against the Ten Commandments which formed the basis of much of our law, constitution, and the way we treat people.  The government calls this killing “mercy killing” and is considering killing the mentally Iill who can’t make sound decisions and children who don’t have the ability to make informed decisions to defend their health.

Or maybe, “Canada is one of a handful of countries that allows people to make personal choices regarding their own lives rather than impose upon them restrictions based on what a book of fictional stories from a couple of thousand years ago has to say."

I think that would be more accurate.

7 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Or maybe, “Canada is one of a handful of countries that allows people to make personal choices regarding their own lives rather than impose upon them restrictions based on what a book of fictional stories from a couple of thousand years ago has to say."

I think that would be more accurate.

Everyone was free to kill themselves before government started helping them do it.  Whose morality do we count on to decide where government assistance isn’t warranted in active euthanasia (killing people)?  Yours?   Trudeau’s?  No thanks.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Everyone was free to kill themselves before government started helping them do it.  Whose morality do we count on to decide where government assistance isn’t warranted in active euthanasia (killing people)?  Yours?   Trudeau’s?  No thanks.  

Mine.  But only where I am concerned.

You may decide not to avail yourself of MAID.  I fully support your right not to be killed by a doctor if you really don't want to be killed by a doctor.

It would be nice if you would stop trying to tell me what to do, though. 

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

Mine.  But only where I am concerned.

You may decide not to avail yourself of MAID.  I fully support your right not to be killed by a doctor if you really don't want to be killed by a doctor.

It would be nice if you would stop trying to tell me what to do, though. 

I don’t want to pay for your murder spree.  Buy your own drugs.  Also, keep your murder kits away from army vets, mentally ill, children, and elderly.  

25 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I don’t want to pay for your murder spree.  Buy your own drugs.  Also, keep your murder kits away from army vets, mentally ill, children, and elderly.  

Too bad.  You don't get to pick where your tax dollars go, any more than I do.

Also, keep your bible away from army vets, mentally ill, children, and the elderly.  

On 12/30/2022 at 3:59 PM, Aristides said:

Suicide is not murder and it is not illegal.

Everything that’s legal is good in your code of ethics because you believe that government is the arbiter of morality.  You’re the perfect sycophant for any vanguard of the proletariat.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Everything that’s legal is good in your code of ethics because you believe that government is the arbiter of morality.  You’re the perfect sycophant for the vanguard of the proletariat.  

In this case the government is being an arbiter of choice. You seem to have a problem with that.

On 12/30/2022 at 3:59 PM, bcsapper said:

Too bad.  You don't get to pick where your tax dollars go, any more than I do.

Also, keep your bible away from army vets, mentally ill, children, and the elderly.  

I’d trust many holy texts and philosophical treatises from a variety of religions, medical ethicists, and great thinkers over Bob’s thrift “healthcare” suicide pipeline.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’d trust many holy texts and philosophical treatises from a variety of religions, medical ethicists, and great thinkers over Bob’s thrift “healthcare” suicide pipeline.  

By all means, go ahead.  Base your entire life on those texts if you want.  Just don't imagine for a moment that they apply to anyone else.

Unless, of course, they have made the same choice as you.

On 12/30/2022 at 12:59 PM, Aristides said:

Suicide is not murder and it is not illegal.

"Murder" is a law term that refers to something that is against the law.  Although suicide may not be illegal, it is still killing one's self which is playing God.  Because something is not illegal, does make it moral or right in God's eyes.  When human life ends is God's business, not man's.  God created man in his own image and human beings belong to God.  Not submitting to God's will, as revealed in his written revelation, the Bible, is rebellion against our Creator. 

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

By all means, go ahead.  Base your entire life on those texts if you want.  Just don't imagine for a moment that they apply to anyone else.

God's revelation applies to everyone whether you believe it or not.  Personal beliefs are nothing more than personal beliefs.  They do not necessarily agree with God's revelation to mankind.  Therefore someone who does not believe in God or his written revelation could easily be dead wrong about many things and probably is wrong because he bases his beliefs on his own feelings or on what a non-believing world has said.

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Your prerogative to kill yourself, but if the Canadian people are to have a hand in this killing at taxpayers’ expense, we have moved beyond healthcare into a very dubious interpretation of social service.  I don’t care what you think.  Medical ethicists and doctors have taken clear positions against active euthanasia for thousands of years.

I wonder if, instead of our morality “evolving”, we have simply applied our selfish disdain for inconvenience and expense to depression and pain rather than our best treatments and care.

Yes it is legal to kill yourself, but that doesn’t make it an act of virtue.  The slippery slope that was predicted and dismissed as misplaced fear:  “Elderly people and sick poor people would never be pressured to kill themselves.”Of course we know the subtle pressure that has been applied in families.  We read what has happened to military vets.

Hearing about MAID for the mentally ill and children, including babies, is dystopian and illustrates the supreme diabolical arrogance of the “medical practitioner” who promotes or signs off on such acts.

Edited by Zeitgeist