Thousands In Canada Being Euthanized Who Are Not Terminally Sick

No need for anyone to choose suicide or medically assisted death.  One can call upon Jesus Christ to be with him and give him strength to get through whatever he is facing whether it is emotional distress or physical illness and pain.  He has said I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.  We can demonstrate, even in our last days and hours, that the dignity of human life should be respected above all and that we trust God and his Son to deliver us.

"“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”  Romans 10:13 KJV

"1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."   Revelation 21:1-4  KJV

Rev 21 1to4.jpg

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

The advocates and supporters of doctor-assisted death are the ones who are saying doctor-assisted death is the dignified way to go, which of course is a misuse of the word dignity as explained in the article.  Thousands are falling for it.

And the article quoted Mirriam Webster like billions of other humans do. There is no reason whatsoever for patients or people who provide a MAID to feel undignified according to the definition the author of the article quoted. 

You replied so quickly, I doubt you even read the article.  You remind me of a dog down the street that as soon as he hears me walking by, he barks.  Did you reply as soon as I commented without even reading the information or article?

I read it.

44 minutes ago, blackbird said:

No need for anyone to choose suicide or medically assisted death.  One can call upon Jesus Christ to be with him and give him strength to get through whatever he is facing whether it is emotional distress or physical illness and pain.  He has said I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.  We can demonstrate, even in our last days and hours, that the dignity of human life should be respected above all and that we trust God and his Son to deliver us.

I wonder why Jesus don't help millions of patients right now suffering severely from pain from various rehabilitating diseases cancer being just one. Or even better why did your Jesus allow this to happen at the first place, Why they choose painful sickening chemotherapy, they should have just invited Jesus into their life then pain gone and problem solved!!!!!!

Our medical doctors should be retrained in their field. To handle deadly diseases we don't need medications or therapy. Train them to invite Jesus. Even better make the priests and nuns to replace doctors and surgeons.

God save this land if the religious people take control. Look what happened to Iran. I saw it with my own eyes. They turned a heaven on earth into a real hell with Satan as the leader declaring himself God's agent on earth and people as slaves of themselves by force.

Down with backward barbaric religions, 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

32 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

@CITIZEN_2015

Isn't ironic the ideologies that we ran away from in our home countries -> we find them here too in different forms? 

Would you have imagined you would find in Canada people which language resemble that of the Mullahs? 

Same thing with me when I see youngsters downtown marching with communist symbols. There's even a communist party in Canada. ?

I need to slap myself a few times to realise I am not dreaming.

We can't escape the nightmares from back home it seems. ?

I have been reading his posts with disbelief. Sometimes I am shocked to read some of the writings of his so much resembling the mullahs in Iran except that he never calls for his opponents to be liquidated but that is because he is of Christian faith. Liquidation and murder in the name of God belongs to another so called religion that the mullahs are advocating.

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I wonder why Jesus don't help millions of patients right now suffering severely from pain from various rehabilitating diseases cancer being just one. Or even better why did your Jesus allow this to happen at the first place, Why they choose painful sickening chemotherapy, they should have just invited Jesus into their life then pain gone and problem solved!!!!!!

Our medical doctors should be retrained in their field. To handle deadly diseases we don't need medications or therapy. Train them to invite Jesus. Even better make the priests and nuns to replace doctors and surgeons.

God save this land if the religious people take control. Look what happened to Iran. I saw it with my own eyes. They turned a heaven on earth into a real hell with Satan as the leader declaring himself God's agent on earth and people as slaves of themselves by force.

Down with backward barbaric religions, 

"Q:

Why does God allow suffering in the world?

A:

There are no easy answers to the question of the purpose of suffering and evil. The tendency is to blame God for these conditions, but He did not create them. They came as a result of man’s disobedience to God, beginning back in the Garden of Eden; see Genesis 3:16-19.

Often suffering and adversity are brought about by disregard of God’s will or by the direct efforts of Satan or by natural disasters in a physical world which is also affected by man’s sin and the resulting judgment. God, however, has offered the most effective solution possible by giving His Son to die for all.

Jesus Christ paid the ultimate price when He suffered and died on the cross, having taken upon Himself the sin of the world and all of its horrible consequences. When Jesus returns in power and glory, there will be a new world completely free from sin with its sorrow and suffering (Revelation, chapters 21 and 22).

We can be sure that God in His divine purpose desires to bring about in us the greatest good and to allow suffering to be a means of discipline to cultivate love, patience, grace, and faith in our lives. God never asks us to understand; we need only trust Him in the same way that we expect our earthly children to trust our love.

Peace comes when we realize we are able to see only a few threads in the great tapestry of life and of God’s plan. Then we can affirm with great joy and assurance that “in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28).

The way we react to suffering will determine whether life’s most tragic experiences bring bitterness and despair or become sources of blessing. The greatest joy will come when, in the midst of adversity, we look up into God’s face and say, “I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation” (Habakkuk 3:18).

It is then that His promise will be most meaningful, “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze” (Isaiah 43:2)."

Why does God allow suffering in the world? (billygraham.org)

3 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Yes, I agree, he never does that. 

The issue arises for someone ideological like him though is, what will his group do when unable to implement the theory? 

Of course he can't call for it, that is against the law and part of the religion, sure. But any religious doctrine can turn violent when unable to impose their way. Even the Buddhists have a radical movement, Myanmar and Sri Lanka. 

I want to know from @blackbird how will his group, which he represents a group that follows an interpretation of Christianity, how will he and his group implement their ideas without force if society refuses his ideas, which clearly in 2022 a modern society does not have time for such ideas, but that is my view. 

Jesus never advocated the use of force to spread his message or gospel.  People simply choose themselves what they believe in this world.  Those who believe will be saved. (John 3:16, etc.) There would never be the use of force as we see in some Islamic countries.  Bible believers support a government that maintains law and order and basic freedoms for the protection of society. But that's as far as it goes.  Jesus said my kingdom is not of this world.

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

Jesus never advocated the use of force to spread his message or gospel.  People simply choose themselves what they believe in this world.  Those who believe will be saved. (John 3:16, etc.) There would never be the use of force as we see in some Islamic countries.  Bible believers support a government that maintains law and order and basic freedoms for the protection of society. But that's as far as it goes.  Jesus said my kingdom is not of this world.

I am not a historian but I think that Romans did invade other countries to spread Christianity just like the Arabs did in 6th century but I could be wrong.

There is no doubt that  Christianity is less violent than Islam because Jesus himself was a man of peace and stood for love and was a victim of authority, however, the Christian church became very abusive in 16th and 17th century and destroyed many lives just like Islam is doing now in middle east that was why Christian faith was weakened later in 29th century. 

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I am not a historian but I think that Romans did invade other countries to spread Christianity just like the Arabs did in 6th century but I could be wrong.

There is no doubt that  Christianity is less violent than Islam because Jesus himself was a man of peace and stood for love and was a victim of authority, however, the Christian church became very abusive in 16th and 17th century and destroyed many lives just like Islam is doing now in middle east that was why Christian faith was weakened later in 29th century. 

You may be thinking of the Roman church, which is not actually a biblical church but it did grow to be the major religion in Europe through the ages since the 4th century.  After the Roman Empire disappeared in the early centuries A.D., the Holy Roman Church took control of Europe through subservient kings and emperors.  They did have crusades in the middle ages and some of it was to resist the takeover or control of the holy lands by the Muslims.  There have been struggles in those areas ever since. There have been wars through the centuries for control of different areas or countries.  Most of Europe remained in control of the Roman Church until the Reformation 500 years ago when Rome lost control of some countries in northern Europe. 

The Reformation took place in the 16th century and split a large part of the Roman church within part of Germany, the Netherlands, Scotland, and England becoming Protestant and rejecting Rome and the Pope. 

The Bible does not teach wars as the way to spread its message.  Jesus never taught that wars were the way to spread the gospel.  The wars that took place had a lot to do with control of countries, imperialism, self-defence, and power struggles, which has nothing to do with what the Bible teaches.  There have been divisions and conflicts between different religions and beliefs down through history as well.  Nations do have the right to defend themselves.

36 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The Bible does not teach wars as the way to spread its message.  Jesus never taught that wars were the way to spread the gospel.  The wars that took place had a lot to do with control of countries, imperialism, self-defence, and power struggles, which has nothing to do with what the Bible teaches.

Millions of human beings around the world died in this process.

I'm curious, there's probably good reason to believe most of these died before they were saved so is it safe to say they're burning in hell and will do so for eternity?

I'm just trying to make sure it got all the facts of your belief system in a consistent logical order.

On 12/28/2022 at 10:37 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Assistant suicide is a right. The government has no place to control my life and death, Only I can decide and if I wish to end it then government has no business in my decision.

IOW, you favour Capital Punishment.

-----

If Picton or Bernardo asked to die, you would agree.

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

Millions of human beings around the world died in this process.

I'm curious, there's probably good reason to believe most of these died before they were saved so is it safe to say they're burning in hell and will do so for eternity?

I'm just trying to make sure it got all the facts of your belief system in a consistent logical order.

The Bible says God is the judge.  It would be pointless to speculate on such a thing.  It accomplishes nothing.

8 hours ago, August1991 said:

IOW, you favour Capital Punishment.

-----

If Picton or Bernardo asked to die, you would agree.

I strongly favor Capital Punishment for

1 - Save the society from a dangerous offender in which history clearly show overwhelming majority will reoffend and take more victims

2 - To revenge the suffering of death of the victims.

Execution for murderers and rapists especially those who target women and children like Shia clergy in Iran.

Picton or Bernardo gave up all their rights as human being the moment that they commit the horrible crime. The only right they have is to smoke a cigarettes' before hanging.

On 1/2/2023 at 1:35 PM, Aristides said:

Unless it is in there name of God.

Don’t bring your notion of God into this.  People have choices or we wouldn’t be free.  Rather than repeat myself here, read my last post on the indoctrinating children on euthanasia thread.

I’m not so naive as to not understand that we often seek the lesser of evils, that killing is done on ethical grounds in war to prevent greater amounts of killing, etc., but that kind of greater good long term self-defence isn’t what we’re talking about here.  You can leave religion out of the discussion and talk solely about the ethics of active euthanasia.  My position is clear in the post I referenced.  I don’t judge people who have suicided or the people who’ve assisted them.  I do think Canada is getting into bad practices.

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Don’t bring your notion of God into this.  People have choices or we wouldn’t be free.  Rather than repeat myself here, read my last post on the indoctrinating children on euthanasia thread.

I’m not so naive as to not understand that we often seek the lesser of evils, that killing is done on ethical grounds in war to prevent greater amounts of killing, etc., but that kind of greater good long term self-defence isn’t what we’re talking about here.  You can leave religion out of the discussion and talk solely about the ethics of active euthanasia.  My position is clear in the post I referenced.  I don’t judge people who have suicided or the people who’ve assisted them.  I do think Canada is getting into bad practices.

Many of the most destructive wars in history were about religion, not to mention persecution carried out in the name of some god or another. We still have them and carry the consequences of some that happened centuries ago.

Edited by Aristides

26 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Many of the most destructive wars in history were about religion, not to mention persecution carried out in the name of some god or another. We still have them and carry the consequences of some that happened centuries ago.

The worst wars in history were WW1 and WW2 in the 20th century and they were not "religious" wars.  If Hitler and other leaders of countries had been following biblical teachings, those wars would not have happened.  Jesus opposed the use of force to spread his message.  That is clear in the gospels.  Also, don't forget Communists claim to be atheists;  yet they killed about 100 million people in Russia and China in the 20th century.  Those were not religious wars, but were driven by an evil brutal ideology of Communist revolution. 

Your reasoning is like saying some people have died in the health care system, therefore we should have no health care system.  It is illogical.  

I would say yes there have been some wars fought over religion but they have been over false religion, not Biblical truth and not over people worshiping the true God of the Bible.  There are lots of examples to prove my point.  Islam (the religion of peace?) fought through the middle east and north Africa and into southern Asia to spread Islam.  That can be proven from the Bible to be unbiblical because Jesus opposed the use of force.  Europe struggled with the forces of Islam over the centuries to try to keep it out of Europe.  It managed to move into Spain and then France, but was pushed back.  Nations have a right to defend themselves.  If they had not defended Europe, you would probably be under the control of Islam today.  So don't tell us "religion" is the fault.  You need to be more discerning than that and break it down into what actually happened in the world. 

The reason we have wars, crime, and all kinds of evil in the world is because of the fall of man as recorded in chapter 3 in Genesis.  Mankind rebelled against God and instead of following him, mankind chose his own way.  That rebellious spirit or fallen, corrupt nature was then inherited by all descendants since then and the real reason we have wars in the world.  There are countless religions in the world and some wars were fought over these false religions. 

Two points about that.  Number one, every nation has a right to defend themselves.  Secondly, many of the wars were fought over false religion or religious beliefs.  It is man's evil heart that he is born with that is the problem.  That is why God sent his Son Jesus Christ to earth and because of his infinite love for man, he sacrificed himself and died brutally on a cross for mankind.

Edited by blackbird

Here are just a few.

https://www.grunge.com/745834/the-deadliest-religious-conflicts-in-history-explained/

And then we have things like the Inquisition and the burning of heretics, both Catholic and Protestant. Shia vs Sunni in the Muslim world, 2000 years of the persecution of Jews etc. The list is almost endless.

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Here are just a few.

https://www.grunge.com/745834/the-deadliest-religious-conflicts-in-history-explained/

And then we have things like the Inquisition and the burning of heretics, both Catholic and Protestant. Shia vs Sunni in the Muslim world, 2000 years of the persecution of Jews etc. The list is almost endless.

The point should be obvious that religion has certainly played a part in much of the warfare in human history. However, does this prove the point made by the critics of religion that religion itself is the cause of war? The answer is “yes” and “no.” “Yes” in the sense that as a secondary cause, religion, on the surface at least, has been the impetus behind much conflict. However, the answer is “no” in the sense that religion is never the primary cause of war.

To demonstrate this point, let’s look at the 20th century. By all accounts, the 20th century was one of the bloodiest centuries in human history. Two major world wars, which had nothing at all to do with religion, the Jewish Holocaust, and the Communist Revolutions in Russia, Eastern Europe, China, Southeast Asia and Cuba, have accounted for anywhere between 50-70 million deaths (some estimate upwards to 100 million). The one thing these conflicts and genocides have in common is the fact that they were ideological, not religious, in nature. We could easily make the case that more people have died throughout human history due to ideology than to religion. Communist ideology necessitates ruling over others. Nazi ideology necessitates elimination of “inferior” races. These two ideologies alone account for the death of millions, and religion had nothing to do with the cause of it. In fact, communism is by definition an atheistic ideology.

Religion and ideology are both secondary causes for war. However, the primary cause for all war is sin. Consider the following Scriptures:

“What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? You want something but don’t get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures” (James 4:1-3).

“For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander” (Matthew 15:19).

“The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?” (Jeremiah 17:9).

“The LORD saw how great man’s wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time” (Genesis 6:5).

What is the testimony of Scripture as to the primary cause of war? It’s our wicked hearts. Religion and ideology are simply the means through which we exercise the wickedness in our hearts. To think, as many outspoken atheists do, that if we can somehow remove our “impractical need for religion,” we can somehow create a more peaceful society, is to have a mistaken view of human nature. The testimony of human history is that if we remove religion, something else will take its place, and that something is never positive. The reality is that true religion keeps fallen humanity in check; without it, wickedness and sin would reign supreme.

Even with the influence of true religion, Christianity, we will never see peace in this current age. There is never a day without some conflict somewhere in the world. The only cure for war is the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ! When Christ returns as He has promised, He will close this current age and establish eternal peace:

“He shall judge between the nations, and shall decide disputes for many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore” (Isaiah 2:4).

unquote

Is religion the cause of most wars? | GotQuestions.org

On 12/30/2022 at 11:39 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

They didn't.  Rome was done expanding by the time they converted to Christianity.  

On 12/30/2022 at 11:39 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

There is absolutely doubt that Christianity is less violent than Islam.  Compare the capture of Antioch by Crusaders to the recapture of Jerusalem by Saladin.  

There are very violent, hateful groups in Islam. There are very violent, hateful groups among Christian.  Christianity, on the balance, has probably the worst history of violence, genocide and oppression out of any religion, and it was only after the Reformation that political secularism took hold and "Western Values" started spreading.  Fundamentalists attempt to subvert "Western" values to be "Christian", but they're not.  The "Enlightenment" was the departure from superstition, pointless tradition and reverence for authority in favor of a pursuit for knowledge, personal happiness and liberty. That this started and spread mostly in Christian countries is a correlational, rather than causal.

10 minutes ago, blackbird said:

quoteThe point should be obvious that religion has certainly played a part in much of the warfare in human history. However, does this prove the point made by the critics of religion that religion itself is the cause of war? The answer is “yes” and “no.” “Yes” in the sense that as a secondary cause, religion, on the surface at least, has been the impetus behind much conflict. However, the answer is “no” in the sense that religion is never the primary cause of war.

Some of the reasons for religious wars are definitely ideologic, otherwise there would be no such thing as a heretic or a martyr. They can can also be about power and control like most other wars. 

18 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Some of the reasons for religious wars are definitely ideologic, otherwise there would be no such thing as a heretic or a martyr. They can can also be about power and control like most other wars. 

That's true.  I read and skimmed through the very long article you gave a link for.  It is a good history of wars fought down through the ages.  It is not an attempt to explain the fundamental reasons why and does not go into the root cause of wars which is pointed out in the article I quoted above, which is an evil, corrupt human heart in mankind.  Blaming religion per se is therefore hanging it on the wrong thing.  Religion play a part in some wars, but that is not the main cause.  There is only one true religion and that is Biblical Christianity and that opposes wars (except in defense).  There have been many false religions and even false interpretations of Christianity.  The Roman church is not a biblical religion.  It is purely man-made and so is no guide on what biblical Christianity really is.  Hitler was a Roman Catholic as were many of the Nazis, but I don't think Hitler or his followers were excommunicated by any Pope.  Yet, it would have made sense to excommunicate him and others during WW2 for their heinous crimes against humanity and against the Jews.

One short response in answer to a question, claims Hitler was excommunicated in 1931.  But another website with a long detailed article on the history between Rome and the Nazis doesn't mention that.  I would tend to believe the long detailed article here.   What seems clear is that Rome has a checkered history with regard to Hitler and the Nazis.

Edited by blackbird

26 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

They didn't.  Rome was done expanding by the time they converted to Christianity.  

There is absolutely doubt that Christianity is less violent than Islam.  Compare the capture of Antioch by Crusaders to the recapture of Jerusalem by Saladin.  

There are very violent, hateful groups in Islam. There are very violent, hateful groups among Christian.  Christianity, on the balance, has probably the worst history of violence, genocide and oppression out of any religion, and it was only after the Reformation that political secularism took hold and "Western Values" started spreading.  Fundamentalists attempt to subvert "Western" values to be "Christian", but they're not.  The "Enlightenment" was the departure from superstition, pointless tradition and reverence for authority in favor of a pursuit for knowledge, personal happiness and liberty. That this started and spread mostly in Christian countries is a correlational, rather than causal.

I don't think that is a correct deduction.  The Reformation was a return to Biblical Christianity and that brought with it the higher principles of respect for human rights and things like freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of belief in the western world, particularly in northern Europe where the main Reformation took place.  That eventually led to the abolition of slavery.  The fact is America was founded on those basic principles of freedom of and respect for the individual.  That did not exist before the Reformation.

There was a struggle in the U.S. and a Civil War but the abolition of slavery came out of it.  Slavery was abolished throughout the British Empire as well.  This had a lot to do with the fact many people in government and various positions in society were Christian.  It was churches who first started schools and at one time taught some Christianity in the school system. 

Of course all of that has been abandoned with the new progressivism, liberalism and multiculturalism.  That is why we now have abortion on demand, assisted suicide, and many other depravities.