The justice system failed again in the murder of a police officer the other day in Ontario

An OPP officer just expressed his concern on the matter of the murder of a police officer in Ontario a few days ago.  Two people have been charged with first degree murder.  The murdered officer was ambushed and never had a chance.

He stated that one of the accused had been arrested for firearm offences previously but was released and was out on bail.

The police officers state they are outraged that this fellow was out on bail and said clearly the justice system failed us.  This should never have happened.

All Canadians should be concerned.

Edited by blackbird

Hamilton police arrested McKenzie in early December 2021, charging him with a total of 12 assault- and firearm-related offences, according to the documents.

Three of the charges were for alleged assaults against three people — one of whom was a peace officer, court records show. Four other charges were related to the illegal possession of an unlicensed handgun.

The documents further show McKenzie was already prohibited from possessing a firearm by way of two previous court orders: one on Jan. 10, 2018, another on March 23, 2016. The Spectator has not yet seen details of those judge-approved orders.

So this is our broken justice system. He was illegally using firearms, was prohibited in 2016, ignored the order, was found again with firearms, was given another order in 2018. He went to jail for armed robbery, where he stabbed another prisoner. He was again arrested, while prohibited, with illegal firearms in 2021, and charged with that along with a number of assaults along the way, including on a police officer. And yet he was still released on bail AGAIN, no doubt with another prohibition order. 

He was arrested AGAIN in June for domestic assault. AAaaaaaaand let out on bail once more. This is the justice system liberals have built. A horrifically costly, time consuming, deeply ineffective and unjust mess that takes years to process the most basic of charges while carefully separating everyone by race for different sentences and treatments.

And the best part is, the groups with the worst records of violence get treated with the softest of kid gloves!

And Justin Trudeau's answer to this kind of thing is to ban hunting rifles.

No wonder people say F*ck Trudeau.

https://www.therecord.com/ths/news/crime/2022/12/28/haldimand-opp-murder-charge.html

Edited by I am Groot
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

We need to put criminals in jail and throw away the key and more importantly bring back the Capital Punishment for every single proven murder and violent rape.

No, we don't need the death penalty. We reestablish this following every galvanizing high profile shooting once people settle down.

Have police released details about the type of gun used?  It sounds like one of the accused has a history of gun charges involving hand-guns but I haven't found anything yet about the gun used to kill poor Grzegorz Pierzchala.

If it was a handgun I suspect the Liberals will nonetheless readily engage Conservatives in a discussion about the death penalty, to help dial back talking about the control of rifles and to avoid having to talk about border measures, the only real means of physically preventing shootings and crimes involving handguns.  I'm not aware of any great desire amongst Conservatives for stronger border measures against America either.

There'll still be lots and lots of more talk about gun control too but this shooting probably just put gun control squarely back on the back burner for decades.

There is a call for the Liberals to fix )he broken bail system,  but doubt that the Liberals will act.  They have a hug-a-criminal mentality.  

LILLEY: OPP Commish, Premier Ford call for Trudeau to act on justice reform (msn.com)

The murder of this police officer is directly related to the Trudeau Liberal's criminal justice system which changed the bail system to give preference to releasing aboriginal offenders on bail.  The result of this was also seen a few months ago when a dozen people were murdered in the Cree nation in Saskatchewan by an dangerous aboriginal offender who was released on parole.  Parole and bail are not the same, but the consequences of harm to the public are the same.   Now this murder of an innocent police officer a few days ago allegedly by a suspect who was arrested and is an aboriginal with a record of violence and guns.

Bail reform leading to more repeat offenders on streets: Attorney general | CTV News

Edited by blackbird

I feel very sorry for all police officers that are killed in the line of duty, but we need to look at what's happening here.

The justice system is an industry.  Defense and prosecution lawyers get paid good money to argue with each other.  Judges dress up funny, sit on raised platforms, call the court theirs and they get paid a lot of money.  The whole justice system gets well paid.  So what do they need as an input for this industry to prosper...they need criminals committing crimes.  In reality any reduction in crime is a loss of business to the justice industry and so it goes.

Sadly the police get caught in the literal crossfire.  To fix this governments need to pass laws with teeth and little room for interpretation.  Unfortunately, governments are seeded with lawyers and are too gutless to pass anything.  Governments have abdicated their responsibilities and the legal industry has used it to its benefit.

Again, my condolences.

Bill C-75

The Court emphasized a number of key principles and guidelines to apply in a contested bail hearing, including that releasing the accused without conditions should be the default position when granting release and that “release is favoured at the earliest reasonable opportunity on the least onerous grounds.

When perps repeatedly breach conditions, the courts now just remove the conditions. Conditions and bans mean nothing in our current legal system. 

So much for Trudeau's new gun laws. This guy should never have been free on bail in the first place given his record. He is also Indigenous so the courts will once again take this into consideration during his trial.

Gun laws are different for "regular" Canadians and indigenous people, as in, they are held to a much lower standard. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 11:53 PM, eyeball said:

the only real means of physically preventing shootings and crimes involving handguns.  I'm not aware of any great desire amongst Conservatives for stronger border measures against America either.

An intelligent legal/prison/parole system would help prevent shootings and crimes involving handguns by putting the people who like to do it in prison for long periods of time. Regardless of their race or ethnicity.

This conservative most definitely wants tougher border measures. The problem is they won't have much impact unless someone works up the courage to tackle the wide open gates that are cross-border native reserves. That leaves detective work to identity those who bring guns over and sell them and then hammer those people with long periods of prison time. 

That won't work, either as long as we have bleeding heart judges who prefer to give them a gentle slap on the wrist or a stern talking-to. Really, what we need to do is put in place mandatory minimums for smuggling, selling, and especially use of illegal use of firearms and use the notwithstanding clause to keep the judiciary from striking them down.

Sadly, the justice system is not an important issue for the great majority of Canadians.  

""Debt or deficit", "taxes", and "crime" had a similar response rate of between 1 and 1.5 per cent each week when Canadians are asked to name the most important issue government should tackle."

Quebec wants feds to focus on environment, for Alberta it’s the economy: PCO polling (msn.com)

Equally sad is the top issue for Quebec is the environment, something no man or government can control or change.  I guess Quebecers have all the wealth they need from equalization and favouritism by Ottawa.  So they can be interested in a phony issue like the environment as their hobby horse.

On 1/2/2023 at 10:49 AM, blackbird said:

Equally sad is the top issue for Quebec is the environment, something no man or government can control or change.

Did you know there’s an international treaty that has reduced acid rain significantly by countries agreeing to not use certain chemicals?   Do you believe this to be true, or do you think that is made up?

Edited by TreeBeard

7 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Did you know there’s an international treaty that has reduced acid rain significantly by countries agreeing to not use certain chemicals?   Do you believe this to be true, or do you think that is made up?

I support stopping pollution.  I should have referred to climate change.  Man cannot control the climate.  It is fiction to believe he can.

Edited by blackbird

The first part of the memorial service for the slain police officer was on television this morning.  I wonder if any federal Liberals were there.  Time to change the bail laws to stop releasing dangerous offenders on bail or parole.  I have not heard anything about doing that by the federal justice minister or Trudeau.

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

I support stopping pollution.  I should have referred to climate change.  Man cannot control the climate.  If is fiction to believe he can.

So you believe that chemicals released by people can cause acid rain, but you don’t believe that chemicals released by people can cause the atmosphere to warm up.  

You don’t think rainfall is part of the climate?  

Why believe one and not the other?  The science behind each is the same…

Edited by TreeBeard

49 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

So you believe that chemicals released by people can cause cid rain, but you don’t believe that chemicals released by us can cause the atmosphere to warm up.  

why one and not the other?  The science behind each is the same…

Who cares whether he believes or not, there are poop loads of people that do believe climate change is real, and they have done squat about it, not on a personal level , or been active and vocal with all levels of government, The liberal voters are very fond of the Carbon tax and yet it has not produced any tangible results at all. And they refuse to change their votes or take any action. 

Knowing all that your no better than the guy that does not believe in climate change, stop being a hypocrite. 

Just now, Army Guy said:

Knowing all that your no better than the guy that does not believe in climate change, stop being a hypocrite. 

I don't know why you think this is such a powerful argument, because it's not.  There's nothing hypocritical about believing in climate change and wanting to do more to fight it, and choosing the government that is at least acknowledge the problem and the need to take action, rather than the one that pretends it doesn't exist or not worth doing anything about.  Individual voters don't set policy, or know enough about it to matter.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Pollution is not the environment. CO2 emissions are an inevitable byproduct of all-too many industries, not to mention much of the world's power and transportation systems. As the developing world develops it's building more cars, more power plants, and almost all of that is powered by coal or other fossil fuels. That's not going to change any time soon no matter how much fussy little men like Trudeau stomp their feet.

2 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Pollution is not the environment. CO2 emissions are an inevitable byproduct of all-too many industries, not to mention much of the world's power and transportation systems. As the developing world develops it's building more cars, more power plants, and almost all of that is powered by coal or other fossil fuels. That's not going to change any time soon no matter how much fussy little men like Trudeau stomp their feet.

You can be defeatist and say there’s nothing we can do about it, but there’s no denying that it’s actually happening. 

But, pollutants can change and damage the environment, like acid rain….  I didn’t say pollutants WERE the environment.    

Edited by TreeBeard

Just now, TreeBeard said:

You can be defeatist and say there’s nothing we can do about it, but there’s no denying that it’s actually happening. 

The developing world has put up literally thousands of new coal fired power plants since the Paris agreement was signed. Hundreds more go up every year.

So yes, there is NOTHING Canada can do. You call that defeatist but I call it a realistic assessment of the world.

You worried about global warming? Then have the government put money into efforts to ameliorate its effects, like better infrastructure and building codes, like designing ways to deal with drought or flooding. Because spending hundreds of billions on CO2 reduction is just pissing into the wind.

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

The developing world has put up literally thousands of new coal fired power plants since the Paris agreement was signed. Hundreds more go up every year.

So yes, there is NOTHING Canada can do. You call that defeatist but I call it a realistic assessment of the world.

You worried about global warming? Then have the government put money into efforts to ameliorate its effects, like better infrastructure and building codes, like designing ways to deal with drought or flooding. Because spending hundreds of billions on CO2 reduction is just pissing into the wind.

Why would I believe you about what can be done and not experts in the field of study?

19 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Why would I believe you about what can be done and not experts in the field of study?

Experts? The scientists have merely said what needs to be done. The people who have decided what to do are not scientists but politicians.

And they're not doing it. 

9 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Experts? The scientists have merely said what needs to be done. The people who have decided what to do are not scientists but politicians.

And they're not doing it. 

Your contention was that nothing can be done….  That’s not actually true, is it?  There needs to be political will.  Maybe choose your words more carefully. 

3 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I don't know why you think this is such a powerful argument, because it's not.  There's nothing hypocritical about believing in climate change and wanting to do more to fight it, and choosing the government that is at least acknowledge the problem and the need to take action, rather than the one that pretends it doesn't exist or not worth doing anything about.  Individual voters don't set policy, or know enough about it to matter.  

It's not an augment, and it was not meant to be all knowing and telling. I called him out for being a hypocrite, he was bit** slapping Blackbird for his believes, when treebeard has done squat to put is mouth where his believes are. In fact most Canadians have done shit, to back those believes up is hypocritical.

We all love climate change until we hear the price...then it's sit The F**** down i don't like it that much.... Today climate change is just another trigger word for the left side of the house for no other reason but to Argue or prove some how they are relevant. Like here in tree house post.  

You know and i know all parties have acknowledged climate change including our pal PP, and everyone has a plan of action, saying they don't is just a lie. saying one is shi* and the other is working another lie. 

And saying the liberals carbon Tax is the best plan another huge lie. The proof is in the pudding, it has failed in it's last 3 attempts to lower our carbon levels... it has destroyed our oil and gas sectors.... not to mention oil and gas infra structure, we continue to import millions of gallons of foreign oil each day and fund their economy,

The UN has ranked us 39 th in the world worse carbon polluters, just before Russia, and after China...Ya thats freaking assume is it not, the plan is working...And now that we are entering a period when inflation is high, we are recovering from a pandemic and supply shortage economy, and our government is raising taxes to fund it's out of control spending...all so they can look good for a climate change photo op...and yet Greta came to Canada not to give the PM a pat on the back but to bit** slap him in his own office...the red flags are all over the place all you got to do is open your eyes, and convince your self it is time to let someone else try a new plan. 

Canada could drop our carbon levels to pre Christ levels and it would not put a dent in global climate change, mean while billions of people around the globe heat their shelter with burning wood, garbage, or dried dung.

Every week China and India open a new coal fired generation plant, and Canada/ Australia is a major supplier of coal process and as long as it is not oil and gas we are good with that.

The entire climate change issue is nothing more than a failed opportunity we will miss the mark by hundreds of miles, we can not even agree with major issues in Canada and now you want to go global, You can't honestly tell me that we are going to make a difference in global climate change, Europe is light years ahead of our efforts they have been doing climate change action for decades and what difference are they making... 

5 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Your contention was that nothing can be done….  That’s not actually true, is it?  There needs to be political will.  Maybe choose your words more carefully. 

Maybe you need to face reality, do some research, China and India are not going to jump on board, their actions speak louder than promises they have been putting out for decades, every see china's industrial cities in the day, it looks like London in heavy fog, thats carbon output my friend... so think you might be able to walk on it.