Trump (and Republicans): end Constitution

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

OMG, that's just such a ridiculous interpretation of everything.

I take back a lot of the things I said about you. You're really not the liar I thought you were, you just have the reading comprehension of a 2 yr old. 

You are just in an echo chamber with impenetrable cognitive dissonance.

Seems like ANYTHING you hear from Trump goes through a translation filter.

That must take all of your mental power to deflect from his truly evil intentions.

Of course that is how FASCISTS gain power:

Then again, you probably ONLY watch Fox, so you ONLY know HALF of what's really happening in the world. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

So, before I prove how ijjitotic your statement is, just answer this, do you believe that this staement from WshPo is 100% legit?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/12/04/trump-constitution-republicans/

Do you believe that trump's statement means that he thinks the constitution should be terminated, yes or no? 

@Queenmandy85, same to you.....

Before I wrap this up, I just wanna be 100% certain where you stand

What he CLEARLY means, is that his dream of reversing the election IS ALLOWED by the circumstances HE IMAGINES EXIST. Of course he has LONG STATED that SHOULD HAPPEN.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You believe this:

means this:

Trump never said that anything "should be" terminated. 

If you think that the first quote somehow means "should be terminated", you are just not intelligent at all.

FYI "allows for" is not synonymous with "should be". 

What a bunch of retards. 

You are the id iot who has been CONNED by Trump.

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You believe this:

means this:

Trump never said that anything "should be" terminated. 

If you think that the first quote somehow means "should be terminated", you are just not intelligent at all.

FYI "allows for" is not synonymous with "should be". 

What a bunch of retards. 

You are complicit.  

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Do you believe that trump's statement means that he thinks the constitution should be terminated, yes or no? 

@Queenmandy85, same to you.....

Before I wrap this up, I just wanna be 100% certain where you stand

That is how I interpreted the statement but I don't think he actually believes it anymore than I believe he actually thinks the 2020 election was stolen. It keeps him in the headlines, which is important for a run for POTUS. He has the advantage that even when he says something, shall we  say, less than brilliant, his supporters will defend him.

3 hours ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

I'm going by Donald's tweet. And it is clear that Donald thinks his opinions warrant bypassing the Constitution. 

That's wrong, but I understand you feel that way I guess. You're entitled to your feelings.

I don't profess to be able to read Donald's mind. I can only go by the words he wrote. 

And it is clear, by the words he wrote, that Donald thinks his opinions warrant bypassing the Constitution. 

Your declarative statement is 100% wrong.

You need to say things like: "I feel like Trump wants to get rid of the constitution. That would be correct.

To say that he said that is just wrong. 

3 hours ago, robosmith said:

I get that you heard something on WshPo and it's gospel truth to you, but if you had a high school level of understand ing of the English language you'd know the difference between "allows for" and "should be".

The law allows for you, at your advanced age, to have sex with 17 yr old girls. That's a sad fact, and yet it's not even remotely close to "you should just go bang it our with 17 yr olds if you get the chance." 

That's just a beginner's English course for you. Until you learn that, you'll always be a stooge for publications like WashPo that want to lead you around by the nose. 

31 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

That is how I interpreted the statement but I don't think he actually believes it anymore than I believe he actually thinks the 2020 election was stolen. It keeps him in the headlines, which is important for a run for POTUS. He has the advantage that even when he says something, shall we  say, less than brilliant, his supporters will defend him.

He wasn't even talking about the 2020 election specifically, he was talking about the use of Twitter as a political tool for the Dems, which was well known to be a fact before Elon released a singe tweet or email. 

I think you know very well that "allows for" and "we should" are not even close to being the same thing at all. 

One is a comment on the current state of affairs, the other is an expression of approval for a certain course of action. 

Trump was correct, but WashPo knows exactly how far they can bend the truth without alienating their stooges. 

39 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

He wasn't even talking about the 2020 election specifically, he was talking about the use of Twitter as a political tool for the Dems, which was well known to be a fact before Elon released a singe tweet or email. 

I think you know very well that "allows for" and "we should" are not even close to being the same thing at all. 

One is a comment on the current state of affairs, the other is an expression of approval for a certain course of action. 

Trump was correct, but WashPo knows exactly how far they can bend the truth without alienating their stooges. 

So tell us… Did the Holocaust happen?

Did Hitler murder over six million Jews?

Edited by Rebound

8 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Saying that something is allowed isn't the same as saying that it's a good idea.

It will be once his base start's indicating it's willingness to lean that way.

C'mon, be proud....be loud....you know how badly you want it.

You're saying your visceral hatred of the left isn't enough?

And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days, from this day to that, for one chance – just one chance - to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they’ll never take our freedom!

Scottish independence referendum leads to surge in sales of Braveheart |  The Independent | The Independent

Edited by eyeball

But of course, the problem is not Trump, population produces them regularly. The real problem is those who'd rather stand aside and look the other way while populists and worse spread their ideas. It was always like that. These ideas have always been here. It's only a matter of when we get bored, mentally tired, too partisan, too carefree to let them prevail.

12 hours ago, robosmith said:

Seems like ANYTHING you hear from Trump goes through a translation filter.

That must take all of your mental power to deflect from his truly evil intentions.

Of course that is how FASCISTS gain power:

Then again, you probably ONLY watch Fox, so you ONLY know HALF of what's really happening in the world. 

Evil? Fascists?

You sure do like to fling about superlatives. And if you really think this...I pity you. But in the interest of better understanding...you should know that those who insist on flinging about such superlatives, appear desperate and childish.

4 hours ago, myata said:

But of course, the problem is not Trump, population produces them regularly. The real problem is those who'd rather stand aside and look the other way while populists and worse spread their ideas. It was always like that. These ideas have always been here. It's only a matter of when we get bored, mentally tired, too partisan, too carefree to let them prevail.

Aside from this latest...and admittedly poor judgment by Trump...what ideas do you condemn Trump and the Republicans for?

The wall?

The controlled border?

The phenomenal economy?

What? Exactly.

11 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

That's wrong, but I understand you feel that way I guess. You're entitled to your feelings.

Donald said: “A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,”  ... Clearly, Donald thinks that, because he thinks the 2020 election was fraudulent, that he should be reinstated. And, since the Constitution doesn't have a provision for such an act, it needs to be bypassed. 

11 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You need to say things like: "I feel like Trump wants to get rid of the constitution. That would be correct.

To say that he said that is just wrong. 

You need to read what he wrote and stop making excuses for your demigod. This is just one more in a long line of statements where Donald manages to fit his entire foot into his mouth..... Again. ......And in you prance, acting like his little ____ boy apologist, attempting to claim he didn't say what he said. 

Edited by CrakHoBarbie

10 minutes ago, Goddess said:

When did everyone become against bypassing constitutions?

LOL...indeed.

The Libbies discuss completely ignoring the Constitution of the USA all the time.

Now granted...IMO what Trump said was dumb and may well have sunk his 2024 aspirations. But for Libbies to howl about the Constitution, is like listening to children howl about the evils of bubblegum in class.

8 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You are turning yourself inside out here. Yes, he absolutely said it, and he absolutely meant it. 

You want to have a sanitized, semantic discussion of "allows for" vs "should" as if those words exist in a vacuum. They don't. They are adjacent the insane suggestion that we kick Biden out of office and appoint Trump as President or have a new election. He's not "just askin' questions." He says "should we do it" and then follows it up with the rationalization that this scenario "allows for" the termination of all rules. The suggestion, followed by the rationalization. 

Frankly, that could not be more clear. 

Trump Stands in the Middle of Fifth Avenue and Shoots the Constitution -  The Bulwark

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Evil? Fascists?

You sure do like to fling about superlatives. And if you really think this...I pity you. But in the interest of better understanding...you should know that those who insist on flinging about such superlatives, appear desperate and childish.

Yes, evil fascists. Do you know what fascists do when their power is threatened by elections?

㊙️ it's what Trump did on Jan 6th: tried to overturn the election results, by his last desperate power grab.

AGAIN, you pretend fascism is NOT evil. I disagree. NOTHING childish about that.

It is YOUR PRETENSE which is childishly refusing to face REALITY.