Yes, California IS the dumbest state in the Union.

Let's see. CaliFAGula plays host to illegal aliens; has the highest cost of living and the highest taxes in the country; has more homeless people than the entire United States combined;  has ZERO middle class. (Just the super rich and the poor.) How else can CaliFAGula qualify as the dumbest state in the Union.

Try this on for size.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-reparations-proposal-could-mean-223k-per-person-payments-black-residents

California reparations proposal could mean $223K per person in payments for Black residents

Gov. Gavin Newsom's panel on reparations is projecting that California could pay over $200,000 per person to Black residents to make up for past housing discrimination. 

Newsom has aggressively pushed his plan to provide financial reparations to Black Californians whom he says must be financially compensated for decades of discrimination. 

The California Reparations Task Force says that under the initiative, qualifying Black residents in the state could qualify for $223,200 per person. 

The task force drew its ballpark number by examining gaps in housing and speculating the approximate amount of wealth lost between 1933 and 1977. The state panel says that Black Californians lost $5,074 per year under previous housing policies.

There's so much to comment on, but you all get my drift. CaliFAGula earned the title as the most RACIST state in America by not throwing Numbnut Newsome out on his ass during the recall, ONLY because his opponent was a black man.

Elder was more qualified to run that state than ANY living Democrat today. But he's the wrong skin color. Maybe he couldn't even figure out Califagula's RACIST MATH in the schools. At least that's the state's view.

In any case, the GOLDEN SHOWERS STATE has decided its deficits are nowhere NEAR high enough. So it's going to just throw money at people based on their race as if that money were toilet paper. And when that money becomes worth LESS than toilet paper because of the INFLATION it creates, they'll no doubt try to blame a Republican for it.

SIDE NOTE:

Not one single penny of Republican Party Pac money has gone to pay for this exercise of TRUTH before the slobs. I educated you neckbeards for FREE. Too bad your blue state public schools didn't.

Edited by reason10

13 hours ago, Aristides said:

Why so jealous of California? Why do you care?

Why would I be jealous of a GHETTO state, one that has the highest cost of living, the worst economy, the worst crime, homeless shitting in the streets, etc?

Who would be jealous or envious of that?

I just pointed out the fact that California is about to put itself TRILLIONS more in debt with this mo ronic reparations giveaway.

10 hours ago, Rebound said:

Last week you started a thread that Pennsylvania is the dumbest state. This week it’s California.  

I guess you’re some kind of expert on “dumb,” aren’t ya?

Last week, Pennsylvania wasn't considering exploding its deficits by TRILLIONS of dollars for some idi otic reparations giveaway scam. That gives California an exciting and whole new level of stupid.

Is there anyone here on the left side that truly believes that California is the model that the rest of the country should aspire to?

The serious problems listed by reason10 are very real. 

The idea of reparations to blacks is a bad idea but it's not surprising that it may come to pass in a place like California.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ironstone said:

Is there anyone here on the left side that truly believes that California is the model that the rest of the country should aspire to?

The idea of reparations to blacks is a bad idea but it's not surprising that it may come to pass in a place like California.

California used to be the model for the rest of the world, back when Ronald Reagan was governor. Now it's just a pity imitation of Venezuela.

4 hours ago, ironstone said:

California is a state of over 30 million. If it were a country, it would have the world’s fourth largest economy.  It’s difficult to compare to a state of 400,000.  There are several counties in California with more people than several entire states.  

California has lead the nation and the world in countless ways. Nuclear weapons, most of UNIX as we know it today, nuclear medicine, the movie industry. The first legalized gay marriages.  The gay rights movement itself.  Silicon Valley and most of high tech comes from California.  Biotech as an industry began in California.  And a massive agriculture industry. JPL. Electric cars, Apple Computer, Oracle, Cisco, Intel, AMD, countless more.  There’s more high tech in California than in the rest of the nation combined.  

The state now has a lot of poor people. Not surprising… if you’re homeless, you won’t freeze to death in most of California.  And poverty creates a lot of problems, especially when it’s next to billionaires.  It might not be the utopia it once was, but it’s hardly a failure.  

So the answer? Yes, California is the state other states should aspire to be.  

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Rebound said:

California is a state of over 30 million. If it were a country, it would have the world’s fourth largest economy.  It’s difficult to compare to a state of 400,000.  There are several counties in California with more people than several entire states.  

California has lead the nation and the world in countless ways. Nuclear weapons, most of UNIX as we know it today, nuclear medicine, the movie industry. The first legalized gay marriages.  The gay rights movement itself.  Silicon Valley and most of high tech comes from California.  Biotech as an industry began in California.  And a massive agriculture industry. JPL. Electric cars, Apple Computer, Oracle, Cisco, Intel, AMD, countless more.  There’s more high tech in California than in the rest of the nation combined.  

The state now has a lot of poor people. Not surprising… if you’re homeless, you won’t freeze to death in most of California.  And poverty creates a lot of problems, especially when it’s next to billionaires.  It might not be the utopia it once was, but it’s hardly a failure.  

So the answer? Yes, California is the state other states should aspire to be.  

I agree with your points, but there is also a big disparity between the haves and the have nots in California, I think it's where in the US there are the biggest homeless camps/slums. 151,278 declared as homeless, about one-fifth of the homeless population in total in America. California weighs around 11% of the total US population.

Overcrowded and very much dependent on big corporations. It is though a place where many brains flock to, like you mention, and is overall a good State. Calling it the dumbest State is quite strange to be honest.

All is not perfect in California and the same can be said for many other places. But one must ask, why are people and businesses leaving California?

Businesses Are Fleeing California Along With Its Residents, And President Biden Should Pay Attention (forbes.com)

Why some tech companies and billionaires are leaving California (cnbc.com)

I know there are lots of beautiful places in California and the weather must be amazing, but I've also seen some truly shocking images of the utter filth in the streets. Not to mention the soft on crime policy.

Some big chain stores are leaving because of that. They cannot stay in business if it's practically legal to steal.

California Stores Closing Early As Unpunished Theft Explodes (thefederalist.com)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

All is not perfect in California and the same can be said for many other places. But one must ask, why are people and businesses leaving California?

Businesses Are Fleeing California Along With Its Residents, And President Biden Should Pay Attention (forbes.com)

Why some tech companies and billionaires are leaving California (cnbc.com)

I know there are lots of beautiful places in California and the weather must be amazing, but I've also seen some truly shocking images of the utter filth in the streets. Not to mention the soft on crime policy.

Some big chain stores are leaving because of that. They cannot stay in business if it's practically legal to steal.

California Stores Closing Early As Unpunished Theft Explodes (thefederalist.com)

Chain stores aren’t leaving California.  They closed stores in SF, but they didn’t leave the state.  I don’t think you comprehend how massive California is.  

Businesses leave the state for one main reason: It’s become incredibly expensive. It’s like doing business in Manhattan. Real estate has just become incredibly expensive, and it makes the cost of running a business very expensive.  And if you can move out of state and keep your tech job, you can live like a king, especially if you sell your house on the way out.  

1 hour ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

I agree with your points, but there is also a big disparity between the haves and the have nots in California, I think it's where in the US there are the biggest homeless camps/slums. 151,278 declared as homeless, about one-fifth of the homeless population in total in America. California weighs around 11% of the total US population.

Overcrowded and very much dependent on big corporations. It is though a place where many brains flock to, like you mention, and is overall a good State. Calling it the dumbest State is quite strange to be honest.

But is it any surprise that California has twice as many homeless?

For starters… it’s obviously easier to be homeless in a warm climate. And the economic problem… once you lose your home, it’s incredibly difficult to get a job and find new housing. There simply is not any low cost/low income housing. At least, not close enough to meet demand.  

No place in America is implementing practical solutions to homelessness.  Some places kick out the homeless, but that only solves the local problem. It doesn’t solve the actual problem.  It’s a cruel thing to do which prioritizes some people over others.  

59 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Chain stores aren’t leaving California.  They closed stores in SF, but they didn’t leave the state.  I don’t think you comprehend how massive California is.  

Businesses leave the state for one main reason: It’s become incredibly expensive. It’s like doing business in Manhattan. Real estate has just become incredibly expensive, and it makes the cost of running a business very expensive.  And if you can move out of state and keep your tech job, you can live like a king, especially if you sell your house on the way out.  

I could have stated that much better. While not leaving, they are having a smaller presence in California, primarily because of the massive problem of theft. I believe California also has a very high level of taxation which doesn't help either.

To be fair to California, I recently saw a disturbing video from someplace in British Columbia. Lots of homeless people on the street, open drug use. It was disgusting. So it can happen here in Canada too.