Trudeau's constant ranting about all the money he spends on goodies is revolting.

15 minutes ago, herbie said:

And screaming too many civil servants and not enough to process immigrants, medical stuff, law enforcement, your passports fast enough at the same time?

I think we are feeling the effects of many PS working from home. 

• Haha 1

Billions of dollars spend on various things and a massive civil service, while Trudeau ignores the fact that the law is allowing repeat violent offenders to be repeatedly arrested and released.  Another repeat offender in B.C. who failed to show up in court was arrested and taken to court for some offence and for failing to show up in court.  Believe it or not, today he was given one day in jail and a year on probation although he was a repeat violent offender.  Trudeau and his ministers are doing nothing about this ongoing problem.  The justice system is a disaster and the federal laws are the main problem.

On 12/2/2022 at 3:49 PM, Moonbox said:

It's REVOLTING!  I like using EMOTIONAL LANGUAGE wherever I can to provide EMPHASIS. 

I don't like Trudeau either, but Pierre deserves to be criticized for his crypto natter, and he looks pretty stupid promoting it while trashing the central bank shortly before all the bitcoin he owned torpedoed -75% in value.  Easy political points are scored against pointing at Pierre's mouthing off about this.  

And easy is about as in depth li'l Pixie-Dust can get.

On 12/2/2022 at 3:49 PM, Moonbox said:

but Pierre deserves to be criticized for his crypto natter,

Amusingly heartwarming how we very naturally coming to think of it (the entire political landscape of a great G7 advanced economy (knock-knock) nation) in strictly binary terms, if not soup then porridge and if not porridge then has to be soup. A three-year old (a smarter one) can get past that intellectual level but then closing on two centuries of satisfyingly mindless tradition has to go for something too.

OMG, can we not get the obvious: between two wrongs can't find a right? And even more, the very environment of having to choose the lesser wrong between the only two possibilities creates some of the laziest, most entitled, least productive, inefficient governments in the democratic world.

Edited by myata

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

And easy is about as in depth li'l Pixie-Dust can get.

All the criticisms they threw at Trudeau, such as poor experience and no substance, seem to be forgotten when they speak of little Pierre.

Trudeau, or rather his team, have navigated a historic pandemic, global financial downturn, and being used as a pawn between superpowers.

I think he did fine, even though I want more from the next leader.  Pierre is a career nothing, a mouthpiece and wind up toy.  I had little hope for Trudeau but I have no faith in Poilievre.

As a matter of fact, Canada limits representation of the political spectrum of the society to the absolute bare minimum. This is done via a slick combination of first past the post quasi-electoral system; absolute control of party administration over purportedly, "representatives"; clever tweaks and barriers preventing entry of new players into monopolized political field.

As far as I see, to believe that pushing a button for a face will make it succeed in facing and solving most complex problems and challenges is one of: extreme naivite; extreme arrogance; laziness and / or stupidity. Let's see which one. If "successful management" means throwing ten times more money; ten times more unnecessary restrictions; plus a worldwide embarrassment; plus extraordinary, no unprecedented overreach of power, then what is a failure?

That's right, we couldn't know anymore. Just can't see and tell.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

All the criticisms they threw at Trudeau, such as poor experience and no substance, seem to be forgotten when they speak of little Pierre.

Trudeau, or rather his team, have navigated a historic pandemic, global financial downturn, and being used as a pawn between superpowers.

I think he did fine, even though I want more from the next leader.  Pierre is a career nothing, a mouthpiece and wind up toy.  I had little hope for Trudeau but I have no faith in Poilievre.

If Pouliere doesn't embarass us and let's the oil industry thrive, it'll be way better.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I think he did fine, even though I want more from the next leader.  Pierre is a career nothing, a mouthpiece and wind up toy.  I had little hope for Trudeau but I have no faith in Poilievre

You forgot to mention the health care system is in a crisis, there are long waiting times in emergency rooms, sometimes twelve hours or more, people waiting long periods for cancer treatments while their cancer gets worse. Probably lots of people dying because of it. 

There is a housing crisis and hundreds of thousands of people cannot buy a home because they cost more than the average person could ever afford.  They have calculated it would take the average person decades to just save up a down payment to purchase a home.  It is unattainable for most people now.  We are short a million or more homes.

The Canadian military has been underfunded for years and is desperately short of ships, aircraft, equipment and short tens of thousands of personnel.  Canadians are paying for a ridiculous war on climate change, which is a fraud that is lowering the standard of living of everyone.  Western Canada's energy industry has been greatly harmed by the Trudeau government.   Yet you are fine with Trudeau's leadership.  It is a dismal failure.  Sad.

Edited by blackbird
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, herbie said:

And screaming too many civil servants and not enough to process immigrants, medical stuff, law enforcement, your passports fast enough at the same time?

Obviously the failed passport administration system has nothing to do with the number of civil servants.  If all they needed was more civil servants, there would never have been a problem.  The problem is the incompetence and bureaucracy of government.  They are incapable of administering things like passports simply because they have a huge bureaucracy that must be involved in every detail and make-work projects for unionized civil servants.  That's why it is a total mess.

If the passport administration was run by an efficient private business, you can be sure they would find a way to streamline it and do it in 24 or 48 hours.  Bureaucracies don't operate that way.  It also may partly at least explain why other services of government don't function efficiently or properly.

Edited by blackbird

14 minutes ago, blackbird said:

They are incapable of administering things like passports simply because they have a huge bureaucracy that must be involved in every detail and make-work projects for unionized civil servants.

Even better: to face any non trivial challenge (think Covid) the bureaucracy will need to add more resources; not more efficient, intelligent processes no; it adds more units doing the same old thing, that's the only way bureaucracy knows (think that pompous general, leader of Covid rapid vaccination force telling we have no clue when it will happen - with a $200K taxpayer paid salary and probably a cart of juicy benefits). So with time bureaucracy a) grows and b) becomes less efficient. And here in Canada we also have c) nothing can be changed because it would be such a can of worms and we are totally dependent on it and so no alternatives possible. It was a theorem, no?

36 minutes ago, blackbird said:

1. You forgot to mention the health care system is in a crisis, there are long waiting times in emergency rooms, sometimes twelve hours or more, people waiting long periods for cancer treatments while their cancer gets worse. Probably lots of people dying because of it. 

2. There is a housing crisis and hundreds of thousands of people cannot buy a home because they cost more than the average person could ever afford.  They have calculated it would take the average person decades to just save up a down payment to purchase a home.  It is unattainable for most people now.  We are short a million or more homes.

3. The Canadian military has been underfunded for years and is desperately short of ships, aircraft, equipment and short tens of thousands of personnel.  Canadians are paying for a ridiculous war on climate change, which is a fraud that is lowering the standard of living of everyone.  Western Canada's energy industry has been greatly harmed by the Trudeau government.   

4. Yet you are fine with Trudeau's leadership.  It is a dismal failure.  Sad.

1. 2. These are fair criticisms, but I would criticize all governments of Canada including provincial governments together on these. And I don't think anything that PP has proposed would change that.

3. I've been hearing this since I don't know ... decades 

4. I'm fine with someone who's only adequate, though I am disappointed. PP seems to be all about the new political strategy of being outspoken, so he's a windup toy to me. 

Trudeau was at least wise enough to listen to whoever is on his team. For that matter, Ford was the same. Neither of them are spectacular but I don't think either of them have made outlandish comments either.

Liberals and NDP are huge believers in government bureaucracies.  Beware!  That is why much of government is overblown, overrated, over expensive, and under achieving.  You want something done, have an inquiry, form a committee, hire advisors and experts, hire more diversity, investigate the merits,  blah blah.  It never ends with government bureaucrats and their liberal left benefactors. 

The Feds fund much of the medical programs, and Premiers just had a meeting to demand that they increase it by a huge amount.

Point being, the same people are screaming that the gov't spends too much, has too many employees at the same time they're demanding more and better services. Just as they gripe about the inefficient ways they happen, and seem to think one guy screaming orders about shit he knows nothing about would be better.

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. 2. These are fair criticisms, but I would criticize all governments of Canada including provincial governments together on these. And I don't think anything that PP has proposed would change that.

3. I've been hearing this since I don't know ... decades 

4. I'm fine with someone who's only adequate, though I am disappointed. PP seems to be all about the new political strategy of being outspoken, so he's a windup toy to me. 

Trudeau was at least wise enough to listen to whoever is on his team. For that matter, Ford was the same. Neither of them are spectacular but I don't think either of them have made outlandish comments either.

I agree Michael every government that has governed needs to take a piece of the blame pie but let's also remember Justins liberals have been in power 8 plus years and have done very little on most important files our country is facing. we could also add to that list to make it longer, like infra structure projects, we created a fund for it, but have spent little of it,

Neglected the rest of our security apparatus, like CSIS, RCMP, Coast Guard, Border services, even immigration could be added in there somewhere, done little for climate change, or the environment itself, we planted pots of trees though... Yes he did a fair job at the pandemic, but he mostly threw money at it, and it somehow solved itself, new trade agreement well a tie is better than a loss... we gained some lost some. took a shit kicking on aluminum, and dairy was an issue, international relations were really not noteworthy, how long were the Michaels gone. 

lets be real Justin only listened when it suited him, SNC Lavalin ring a bell, or the charity issue. let's not mention his spending habits, i don't think he listened to the Boc Canada or any other advisor on that one. 

I admire China... and the budget will balance itself, you are asking for more than we can give right now... all remarks Justin has made I'm sure there is more. 

If Trudeau was really serious about helping Canadians, he would be meeting with provincial Premiers to work out a financial arrangement to work toward solving the health care crisis, but he refuses to meet with them so far.  Instead he is constantly on the media pontificating about all the things he is supposedly doing for Canadians, while he ignores the central issue, the failing health care system.

I just read an article which describes how Canada's health care system crisis could get far worse with an aging population over the next number of years.  We need leaders and decision makers who will take action now to avoid the looming catastrophe.

The health system is bad now. It's going to get a lot worse — and here's why (msn.com)