Democrats in DENIAL about Fentanyl problem in US

https://www.foxnews.com/media/democrats-called-out-denial-fentanyl-epidemic-going-kill-us#

Democrats called out for 'denial' over fentanyl epidemic: 'This is going to kill us'

Right away, this statement ranks as hilarious.

Pirro's criticism came as California father said his son accidently ingested fentanyl at a public park in San Francisco and overdosed, according to reports. Fentanyl, a synthetic opioid that is 50 times more powerful than heroin and 100 times more potent than morphine, claimed the lives of over 100,000 Americans in the past year

"There was a law that was – a bill that was passed by – in Albany, New York. Democrats, Republicans, New York City, Long Island, all over the state they wanted to have a board, a fentanyl board to discuss the impact of fentanyl in New York, how to deal with it, what’s the best way to fight it, she would not sign the bill."

New York State Gov. Kathy Hochul vetoed AB A9348 in late November. 

New York State Gov. Kathy Hochul vetoed AB A9348 in late November.  (Riccardo Savi/Getty Images for Concordia Summit)

Hochul claims she vetoed the bill due to budgeting and staffing costs. Her spokesman Avi Small told the New York Post Hochul has a "deep personal commitment to fighting this crisis and will continue her administration’s ongoing efforts to address overdoses and addiction." 

Oh, it's okay for her to spend MILLIONS in welfare checks to buy votes, causing her city to raise taxes and run budget deficits, but there's not enough money in the budget to study the most deadly drug there is?

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

It’s horrible that Trump started this fentanyl epidemic and left this mess for democrats to clean up. 

But I don’t think that creating a board in New York would have stopped an overdose in California. 

President Trump (the last LEGALLY ELECTED President of the United States) did NOT create a fentanyl epidemic. There is zero evidence to support that ignorant lie.

But LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP did leave several messes for Democrats to clean up:

1. Secure borders

2. World peace

3. Greatest economy of all time

4. High paying manufacturing jobs coming back from the far east.

5. A strong domestic energy industry.

6. Almost ZERO inflation.

7. Low gasoline prices.

Yup. The Democrats have reversed ALL those problems.

No but the Florida Orange denied it his for his entire term so you could pretend it's Biden's fault.

Rather do what Trump did with Covid, spend all that time trying to find out who's fault it was until so many were dead he couldn't ignore it?

Gonna DO something about it like safe supply, free treatment centers, food, housing, health and employment training and services?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, herbie said:

No but the Florida Orange denied it his for his entire term so you could pretend it's Biden's fault.

Rather do what Trump did with Covid, spend all that time trying to find out who's fault it was until so many were dead he couldn't ignore it?

Gonna DO something about it like safe supply, free treatment centers, food, housing, health and employment training and services?

First the thread tries to discuss Fentanyl and suddenly the subject changes to the OBAMA VIRUS? (Named because Obama paid for the Wuhan lab in China to make this virus.) Are you just totally incapable of carrying on a discussion without changing the subject? Are you REALLY that stupid.

What we learned about Covid was all the LIES told about it. Hospitals were defrauding the government by designating MOST deaths to be Covid related, just to get paid more money.

https://www.organiclifestylemagazine.com/cdc-admits-finacial-hospital-incentives-drove-up-covid-19-death-rates

CDC Admits Finacial Hospital Incentives Drove up COVID-19 Death Rates

Kinda strange that Covid cases PLUMMETED after Joe stole the presidency.

That having been said, the forum subject is FENTANYL deaths and how Democrats are in denial of the situation.

Maybe if you put the crack pipe down and try using your brain, you can follow the adult conversation here.

You are stupid beyond belief. Down to the your bones.

If you deride and deny benefits to others while gaining nothing for yourself, that's stupidity by definition. Engaging in stupidity and gloating about how stupid it makes you look is utter insanity.

You are an absolute master at doing that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2022 at 5:10 AM, Rebound said:

It’s horrible that Trump started this fentanyl epidemic and left this mess for democrats to clean up. 

But I don’t think that creating a board in New York would have stopped an overdose in California. 

There are certain types of lies that you have to be a real piece of shit to spread, and yours tops the list.

FYI people started dying of Fentanyl in the states at least as early as 2011, and no one is claiming that it was an Obama policy.

You need help. You're a really sick, most likely evil person.

On 12/2/2022 at 9:02 PM, herbie said:

https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/politics/chris-christie-opioid-commission-aids-cnntv/index.html

If Trump denied the Fentanyl epidemic then why did he open a commission on opioid abuse?

Does this sound like Trump's administration was ignoring it:

WashingtonCNN — 

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who chairs the Trump administration’s commission on opioid abuse, said Friday the prescription drug crisis is “the AIDS epidemic of our generation, but even worse” and previewed a report from his panel due next week.

“This is so awful. We consume 85% of all the opioids in the world in this country. We are the most medicated country in the world, and it’s unnecessary,” Christie said in an interview on CNN’s “New Day.”

“What it has led to now is the 64,000 deaths last year. This is the medical crisis of our time. This is the AIDS epidemic of our generation, but even worse. And the other thing I don’t understand is, why aren’t people marching?,” Christie said. “I am old enough to remember the marches by AIDS patients and people that cared about that issue, in Washington, in state capitals, demanding action. These families need to be supported and that’s what the commission is all about.”

Christie sought to place the gravity of the crisis in context, explaining that “we have 175 people a day dying. We have a 9/11 every two and a half weeks. If a terrorist organization was killing 175 Americans a day on our soil, we would look into how to make it stop.”

Only a leftist could tell the type of repugnant lies that you're becoming famous for. You don't even care how badly you get busted, you just go for it. I'll give you credit for at least giving 100% effort.

2 hours ago, herbie said:

You are stupid beyond belief. Down to the your bones.

If you deride and deny benefits to others while gaining nothing for yourself, that's stupidity by definition. Engaging in stupidity and gloating about how stupid it makes you look is utter insanity.

You are an absolute master at doing that.

As you surmised, he (or they) is a troll. 

Does he (or they) really care about the fentanyl epidemic? Of course not. I mean, their “solution” proposed to California’s problem is:

1) For New York to have a commission to study the problem;

2) To deny that Florida has a bigger opioid problem than California;

3) To call people Nazis

You're obviously arguing with an eight year-old. 

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1

You're obviously arguing with an eight year-old. 

It's weird that you engage in making childish, inflammatory smears, like the one below, and then comment on the maturity of others.

There's no age where your level of repugnance is forgivable. 

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It's weird that you engage in making childish, inflammatory smears, like the one below, and then comment on the maturity of others.

There's no age where your level of repugnance is forgivable. 

But the fentanyl epidemic did start under Trump, didn’t it? That’s what the federal government reports:

https://nida.nih.gov/research-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates

10 hours ago, Rebound said:

But the fentanyl epidemic did start under Trump, didn’t it? That’s what the federal government reports:

No, Fentanyl deaths were recorded as early as 2011, but even if the first Fentanyl death had occurred while Trump was president, it would still be ridiculous to say that "Trump started it".

Grow up ffs. 

One death is not an epidemic. 

There were thousands of Fentanyl deaths in the US between 2011 and 2017.

There were something like 85,000 "opioid" deaths in the US in 2016. 

I'm not sure whether Fentanyl ODs formed a high enough percentage of deaths in 2016 that they were already treated like an epidemic of their own (there are a loth of meth deaths there), but for certain there were tens of thousands of Fentanyl deaths in the US in 2016. 

I personally don't blame Fentanyl on Dems or GOPers, I don't think even Pelosi would sell Fentanyl, but I do think that their loosey-goosey border is a massive problem for drug enforcement. 

The fact that anyone would think that they could take the position that "We don't have a few million from our multi-multi-billion dollar budget to spend on the Fentanyl problem" is just cold, absurd, and unfathomable. 

50 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

There were thousands of Fentanyl deaths in the US between 2011 and 2017.

There were something like 85,000 "opioid" deaths in the US in 2016. 

I'm not sure whether Fentanyl ODs formed a high enough percentage of deaths in 2016 that they were already treated like an epidemic of their own (there are a loth of meth deaths there), but for certain there were tens of thousands of Fentanyl deaths in the US in 2016. 

I personally don't blame Fentanyl on Dems or GOPers, I don't think even Pelosi would sell Fentanyl, but I do think that their loosey-goosey border is a massive problem for drug enforcement. 

The fact that anyone would think that they could take the position that "We don't have a few million from our multi-multi-billion dollar budget to spend on the Fentanyl problem" is just cold, absurd, and unfathomable. 

You’re “not sure” because you can’t read a simple graph:

11 hours ago, Rebound said:

You’re “not sure” because you can’t read a simple graph:

What's your problem?

Do you think it's worth getting snotty about the fact that I didn't post that exact same graph when I was quoting that sad stat? Or that I used a number that in my head that was maybe off by a few %? 

What we're talking about here is your ridiculous quote:

FYI your quote doesn't get any less idjtotic regardless of whether there were 20,000 Fentanyl deaths in 2016 or 40,000. I don't know the number, I didn't bother to track it specifically, I just know it's in the tens of thousands. 

On 12/2/2022 at 9:22 AM, reason10 said:

President Trump (the last LEGALLY ELECTED President of the United States) did NOT create a fentanyl epidemic. There is zero evidence to support that ignorant lie.

But LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP did leave several messes for Democrats to clean up:

1. Secure borders

2. World peace

3. Greatest economy of all time

4. High paying manufacturing jobs coming back from the far east.

5. A strong domestic energy industry.

6. Almost ZERO inflation.

7. Low gasoline prices.

Yup. The Democrats have reversed ALL those problems.

I love political fantasy. It is way better than the fairytale stories of my youth. I hope you have warm clothes on otherwise the cold water might be too chilling.

1 Secure borders - Border crossings had reached over 850,000(3rd highest on record) before Covid-19. Title 42 was invoked which kept migrants in Mexico. When the courts revoked title 42 it resulted in a dramatic increase in 2021-2022. 

2. World peace - here are the armed conflicts that existed at the end of 2020. Yemen, Ethopia, Libya, Kasmir, Venezuela, Kurdistan, Syria and Ukrania with Russia fighting in the Donbas. Hardly "world peace."

3. Greatest economy of all time - Donald Trump promised to be the greatest job-producing president in U.S. history. During his 2016 campaign, he pledged to create 25 million jobs in the next 10 years. There were 3.1 million fewer jobs in December 2020 than in January 2017 when Trump took office.

If Donald Trump had been able to keep his campaign promise, he would have beaten the current record-holder, President Bill Clinton, who created 18.6 million jobs during his two terms.

4. High paying mfg jobs coming back from far east - see #3

5. Strong domestic energy growth - on 9-11-20 the US produced 10,900 (thousand) bbl/day. On 11-15-22 the US produced 12,100 (thousand) bbls/day 

6. Almost zero inflation - caviot - in 2019-2020 American shut down due to Covid-19. Inflation was only 3.1% but many were not working and the supply chain had not yet shut down.

7. Low gas prices - see #6. the daily gasoline usage in the US declined by 24% driving down prices. The average price of gas in the US on 1-1-21 was $3.13. Today the average price of gas her in Texas is $2.93

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomT said:

I love political fantasy. It is way better than the fairytale stories of my youth. I hope you have warm clothes on otherwise the cold water might be too chilling.

1 Secure borders - Border crossings had reached over 850,000(3rd highest on record) before Covid-19. Title 42 was invoked which kept migrants in Mexico. When the courts revoked title 42 it resulted in a dramatic increase in 2021-2022. 

2. World peace - here are the armed conflicts that existed at the end of 2020. Yemen, Ethopia, Libya, Kasmir, Venezuela, Kurdistan, Syria and Ukrania with Russia fighting in the Donbas. Hardly "world peace."

3. Greatest economy of all time - Donald Trump promised to be the greatest job-producing president in U.S. history. During his 2016 campaign, he pledged to create 25 million jobs in the next 10 years. There were 3.1 million fewer jobs in December 2020 than in January 2017 when Trump took office.

If Donald Trump had been able to keep his campaign promise, he would have beaten the current record-holder, President Bill Clinton, who created 18.6 million jobs during his two terms.

4. High paying mfg jobs coming back from far east - see #3

5. Strong domestic energy growth - on 9-11-20 the US produced 10,900 (thousand) bbl/day. On 11-15-22 the US produced 12,100 (thousand) bbls/day 

6. Almost zero inflation - caviot - in 2019-2020 American shut down due to Covid-19. Inflation was only 3.1% but many were not working and the supply chain had not yet shut down.

7. Low gas prices - see #6. the daily gasoline usage in the US declined by 24% driving down prices. The average price of gas in the US on 1-1-21 was $3.13. Today the average price of gas her in Texas is $2.93

All true, but do you really think these knuckle draggers care about facts? But your post is excellent.  

What’s unfortunate is that we can never have any substantive discussions with these boneheads, because they’re simply brainwashed and facts are irrelevant to them.