They are NOT Native Americans. They are INDIANS

2 hours ago, reason10 said:

It is impossible for me to be a goose stepper. I'm a conservative Republican. And apparently I have a better grasp of history than you DemoNazis. You're constantly trying to change history to fit whatever RACIST narrative you want to spew on people.

Maybe in your own strange world but that isn't how you present. Your grasp of history is very racist. 

3 hours ago, reason10 said:

Asked and answered. There is no such thing as a Native American. That is a bullschit left wing term that oozed into the national consciousness a few years ago and has ZERO basis in fact. They are called INDIANS.

They call themselves INDIANS. History calls them INDIANS. The government agency that deals with them is the Bureau of INDIAN affairs.

If you want to change the subject and drag RELIGION into this, you only look childish and stupid.

That was not the question. 
My question, why do you care whether they call themselves Native Americans, Indians, Native American Indians, Apaches, Tree People, They, or whatever?  

Why is that important at all, except to them? What makes you think that their name is your decision?  I just don’t get it at all. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rebound said:

My question, why do you care whether they call themselves Native Americans, Indians, Native American Indians, Apaches, Tree People, They, or whatever?  

Why is that important at all, except to them? What makes you think that their name is your decision?  I just don’t get it at all. 

He's just gunning for Top Troll. LMAO

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Such a self centered American he can't comprehend there are two whole continents named the Americas by Europeans and the USA is just one little part of those.
So therefore, how in the hell can anyone even think the peoples who lived on those continents are not 'native Americans'?

The United States OF America, got it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Such a self centered American he can't comprehend there are two whole continents named the Americas by Europeans and the USA is just one little part of those.
So therefore, how in the hell can anyone even think the peoples who lived on those continents are not 'native Americans'?

He also doesn’t understand that “America” is the English name of the continents and “Native Americans” is the English language name of these people.  

11 hours ago, Rebound said:

Their name was NOT my decision. Their name officially is INDIAN, according to the government as in Bureau of Indian Affairs. They call themselves INDIANS.

Native American is a bullschitt LIE that uneducated liberals dreamed up (mostly because liberals have so much time on their hands, not having to work a real job and such.)

And you Nazis had a cow when this took place.

The problem is yours, not most of America.

9 hours ago, Rebound said:

He also doesn’t understand that “America” is the English name of the continents and “Native Americans” is the English language name of these people.  

Wrong. America is an ITALIAN name. (Amerigo Vespucci). The Indians came to this rock BEFORE Vespucci was born, so they cannot be Native Americans.

They are INDIANS.

There is no such thing as a Bureau for Native American Affairs.

10 hours ago, herbie said:

Probably because those INDIANS came here BEFORE Amerigo Vespucci was born. They were here BEFORE there was such a thing as America.  And the key is THEY CAME HERE. They were not born here originally. They did as everyone else.

12 hours ago, Aristides said:

Maybe in your own strange world but that isn't how you present. Your grasp of history is very racist. 

As usual, when a mentally retarded poster loses an argument the race card comes out.

Are you now calling Indians a RACE? Are you saying they ALL look alike, think alike?

DID IT EVER OCCUR TO YOU THAT THE MANY TRIBES (over 700 in the US) DON'T EVEN SPEAK THE SAME LANGUAGE? DON'T EVEN ADHERE TO THE SAME RELIGION?

This thread IS a history lesson. And you have just gotten a D in history.

50 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Wrong. America is an ITALIAN name. (Amerigo Vespucci). The Indians came to this rock BEFORE Vespucci was born, so they cannot be Native Americans.

They are INDIANS.

There is no such thing as a Bureau for Native American Affairs.

You’re pretty stupid if you think America is not an English word. Is it not in your dictionary?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/America

The dictionary doesn’t care about your feelings  

Why does any of this matter? 

Edited by Rebound

1 minute ago, Rebound said:

You’re pretty stupid if you think America is not an English word. Is it not in your dictionary?

In other words, you've lost the argument and have nothing intelligent to say. You're trying to change the subject.

The roots of the word "America" is the Italian language. Amerigo Vesupucci was an ITALIAN explorer who sailed a lot of the same routes as Columbus, Magellan and others.

They are INDIANS. There is no way they can be Native Americans. America didn't exist when they came here from Asia.

main-qimg-d2452125ed3a6a0c141a859e24787d29-c

They basically followed the same pattern as the European settlers. And nobody is calling the settlers Native Americans, even though the settlers NAMED this country.

5 minutes ago, reason10 said:

In other words, you've lost the argument and have nothing intelligent to say. You're trying to change the subject.

The roots of the word "America" is the Italian language. Amerigo Vesupucci was an ITALIAN explorer who sailed a lot of the same routes as Columbus, Magellan and others.

They are INDIANS. There is no way they can be Native Americans. America didn't exist when they came here from Asia.

main-qimg-d2452125ed3a6a0c141a859e24787d29-c

They basically followed the same pattern as the European settlers. And nobody is calling the settlers Native Americans, even though the settlers NAMED this country.

Most English words have a root in some other language. Today, America is an English word. 

Your argument is completely pointless. 

2 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Most English words have a root in some other language. Today, America is an English word. 

Your argument is completely pointless. 

Again, you are trying to change the subject.

This thread is not about the etymology of the word "America." It is about the FACT that they are INDIANS, not Native Americans.

37 minutes ago, reason10 said:

This thread is not about the etymology of the word "America." It is about the FACT that they are INDIANS, not Native Americans.

Why does that matter to you?

Cause I don’t  give two sh!ts, and I doubt Native Americans give two sh!ts either. Or even one. 

In fact, this whole thread isn’t even worth half a sh!t. I keep asking you why it matters and you don’t seem to know either.  

Edited by Rebound

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Why does that matter to you?

Cause I don’t  give two sh!ts, and I doubt Native Americans give two sh!ts either. Or even one. 

In fact, this whole thread isn’t even worth half a sh!t. I keep asking you why it matters and you don’t seem to know either.  

One of two things.

You are LYING about not giving a shit about someone of superior intelligence (namely ME) pointed out the error of a political correctness LIE, or

You just want to be a TROLL and argue against anything. Bottom line, you have continued to argue, lie and call names in this thread, one way or another.

5 hours ago, reason10 said:

As usual, when a low information imbecile loses an argument, out comes the word TROLL, which the dumbass doesn't even understand the meaning thereof.

In other words, you have nothing intelligent to add to this discussion.

This is NOT a discussion, it's you posting LAME OPINIONS and calling anyone who disagrees juvenile names.

The definition of TROLLING. Congrats, you win Top Troll.

Edited by robosmith
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, reason10 said:

First of all, as others have pointed out, the premise underlying your argument is bunk. Despite whatever garbage you've dredged up from the internet backwaters, Columbus definitely thought he had hit the Indies.

But, even setting that aside, how does your argument make even the slightest sense?

WTF would they officially and irrevocably be "Indians" just because a white man showed up 500+ years ago and said so ? Is that how you think language --or the world-- works? 

Fine. I'm a white man. -- Now, henceforth and forever you shall be known as Snufflebutt. It's set in stone. Done deal. Go inform your friends and family. 

• Haha 1

I've heard both stories - the Christopher Columbus 'People of God' thing and the Columbus thought he'd discovered India thing. 

Unlike the rest of you genius's though I wasn't born knowing the true truth of everything so I looked it up.

I don't know where the 'people of God' thing comes from. It was around pre-windows internet though. That's when I heard it.

The etymology of Indian in it's present use goes back to what the late Romans called the land beyond the Indus River. (Starts in Tibet, I think.) The term started getting transferred into French, Spanish, English out of late latin in the 13th century.

However, it didn't start being used to describe the peoples of America until the mid 15th century - post Columbus.

Now as to the transference of the term Indian into the term Native that's something I do know a little bit about without doing a search. Because I remember giving it attention when it started to happen.

It confused me at the time. There didn't seem to be any need for it. It only seemed important to this new type of Humanities clique coming out of the Universities. Actual Indians didn't care about the term one way or the other.

But these new wannabe modelers of a new culture appeared to see the term "Indian" as a pejorative. They were relentless in working to see the old term expunged and replaced with something more sanitary in feel to this new intellectual elite they liked to posture as.

Because they cared, you see. 

Always seemed kind of racist to me. It was the first time I saw racism dressed up like anti-racism.

I didn't know the term for these effete, faux-intellectual posers at the time but since then I've come to know them by the term they self-identify as. Progressives.

I prefer Progs myself.

10 hours ago, reason10 said:

They were here BEFORE there was such a thing as America.  And the key is THEY CAME HERE. They were not born here originally. They did as everyone else.

They were here first, hence the more appropriate use of the term First Nations.

The Nations in Europe knew full well it was wrong and illegal to just waltz into other people's lands without some sort of by-your-leave process.

Many First Nations never ceded their sovereignty, especially in British Columbia and where today's modern treaties cause most conservatives heads that are unfamiliar with them to explode in profound disbelief.  I suspect many early colonists would be spinning in their graves.

Edited by eyeball