Canada: The Land of Genocide

22 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

And here i thought Cancel culture did not exist in Canada, or so says the cancel culture generation. you could write a book on how far culture has evolved in this country. 

Anybody who publishes unpopular ideas is at risk of being cancelled.

Nora Loreto for example...

https://thespun.com/news/humboldt-gofundme-nora-loreto-death-threats

2 hours ago, I am Groot said:

The Left in Canada has embraced this story to such a degree it's become a religion. Anyone daring to contradict it is a blasphemer and guilty of 'denialism'.

What's happened to this teacher sucks and the people who made it suck worse are being ridiculous.

So I guess the left in Canada doesn't embrace this story to quite the degree you think.

4 hours ago, I am Groot said:

An interesting combination of articles written by the Kays today. Not a coincidence, I'm guessing.
First, this one from Jonathan Kay mentioning how ridiculous our country has gotten over the mostly false allegations of 'genocide' against natives. The Left in Canada has embraced this story to such a degree it's become a religion. Anyone daring to contradict it is a blasphemer and guilty of 'denialism'. 

In many countries, such as Poland, Russia, and Turkey, it is considered bad manners (or even a criminal act) to speak candidly of such nations’ real historical sins. But in Canada, the officially sanctioned fictionalization of history now runs in the opposite direction—toward apocalyptic self-incrimination. Even as hundreds of thousands of immigrants and refugees flock to Canada every year, we are required to embrace the lurid conceit that our country may be described in the same moral breath as (actual) genocidal states such as Nazi Germany and 1994-era Rwanda. A group of scholars even tried to get Canada prosecuted by the International Criminal Court (ICC) for crimes against humanity (with predictable results)

Welcome to Canada the nation of genocidaires

And then the second item, by Barbara Kay, details the attacks on a teacher for daring to contradict the prevailing 'wisdom', despite his remarks being brief and truthful. Here a school board is firing a teacher for telling his students, who were upset at the thought of all those children being 'murdered and tortured', that in fact, they mostly died of diseases like tuberculosis. Which is absolutely true, but apparently truth is not what Canadian schools are interested in teaching these days.

In her above-mentioned report, Radomski concluded that, “regardless of Mr. McMurtry’s intent,” his expressed opinion that the deaths were due to disease was “inflammatory, inappropriate, insensitive and contrary to the district’s message of condolences and reconciliation.”

Indeed, she found it inculpating that, “He left students with the impression some or all of the deaths could be contributed (sic) to ‘natural causes’ and that the deaths could not be called murder.” Her finding, therefore, was that McMurtry was guilty of “extremely serious professional misconduct.” Most unjustly.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fnationalpost.com%2Fopinion%2Fas-this-b-c-teacher-found-out-even-speaking-the-truth-in-class-is-enough-to-get-an-educator-cancelled

This is why parents need to start pushing back against the ideologues and liars running our indoctrination (I mean education) systems.  Do I think this will happen?  No.  Canadians are too fully indoctrinated by false radical left narratives to mount a successful challenge.  Canada is now the place where citizens are forced by media and governments to recite views that are unverified and damaging to the country’s social fabric and reputation.  People are taught to be ashamed and give away more earnings to governments to fight trumped up crises.  This isn’t the great country I remember, so I’m trying to give my kids an out before the next “crisis”.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The teacher is fired for telling the truth.  Welcome to communist Canada.

Nah, that's even sillier.  Voter's are going to move away from this sort of nonsense in Canada for the same reason Republican voter's in the US mid terms have moved away from the more egregious loons on their right flank.

I doubt we're going to move anywhere near to the right as you hope though.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Anybody who publishes unpopular ideas is at risk of being cancelled.

Nora Loreto for example...

https://thespun.com/news/humboldt-gofundme-nora-loreto-death-threats

She did not get canceled, sure she was called a bunch of names, for sticking her nose in where it did not belong, jumping onto this tragedy to promote her own cause she deserves the Darwin award for her actions. but she still has her job, and in a few weeks, this will be forgotten.  

The schoolteacher told the truth and for that he lost everything, I'm thinking his teaching reputation is damaged pretty well, where getting another teaching job is going tough. But it is never about the truth, it is about public opinion and what they think is right at the moment. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

What's happened to this teacher sucks and the people who made it suck worse are being ridiculous.

So I guess the left in Canada doesn't embrace this story to quite the degree you think.

The Left is not a monolith. But this kind of thing is being pushed by many, many members of the Left and ONLY the Left. And not isolated cranks but the Prime Minister and top ministers in his government as well as provincial governments like that in BC and school boards right across Canada who are teaching lies to their kids and teaching them to be ashamed of Canada.

8 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

The Left is not a monolith. But this kind of thing is being pushed by many, many members of the Left  

You probably think that the UN is Communist but whether or not you do, I believe in the 2000s they were the ones that changed the definition that we're following.  If you want to blame someone, start with them.

33 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

The Left is not a monolith.

Perhaps the prism you view the political spectrum with only yields two monochrome tones.

But this kind of thing is being pushed by many, many members of the Left and ONLY the Left. And not isolated cranks but the Prime Minister and top ministers in his government

Quantify many many and AFAIC Trudeau is not a right-winger, as evidenced by his primary concern over the distribution of political power over economic wealth.  Unless I'm mistaken the wealth gap has continued to grow on his watch and around 10% of Canadians appear to believe he's acquired a grip on political power that is on par with some of history's worst dictators.

as well as provincial governments like that in BC and school boards right across Canada who are teaching lies to their kids and teaching them to be ashamed of Canada.

Apparently my grandson came home fearful he might be taken away from home and never see his parents again.

That happened to a few of the older family members of the friends I have who were raped by their teacher.

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Sad that the unions only support left wingers.  I guess the teacher could try the Ministry of Labour or the courts because they’re unbiased, right?   Lol

The Majority of the teachers across this nation are entrenched within the left. Just look at the crazy stuff they are teaching our children. 

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

You probably think that the UN is Communist but whether or not you do, I believe in the 2000s they were the ones that changed the definition that we're following.  If you want to blame someone, start with them.

I don't believe the UN is communist. But I do believe there are 190 members of the UN, most of them in the developing world, most of them willing to sell their votes on any given issue that doesn't personally concern them. So in that sense it's kind of a useless organization. And I've yet to see anything they come up with which merits much respect.

Four thousand dead, mostly of TB and other diseases, over a hundred year period is not genocide. Nor can ideas like 'cultural genocide' be retroactively applied against people from a hundred years earlier.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Perhaps the prism you view the political spectrum with only yields two monochrome tones.

You have me pegged as farther to the Right than I actually am. In reality, like most people, I veer wildly back and forth across the line on any given subject.

Quantify many many and AFAIC Trudeau is not a right-winger, as evidenced by his primary concern over the distribution of political power over economic wealth. 

The above makes no sense unless you put the word 'not' in accidentally. Like Trump, Trudeau's primary concern is his own well-being. He goads the Right in the same way and for the same reasons Trump goaded the Left - to endear himself to his base. That's why he does things which make no particular sense, like his recent gun legislation, or going to glad hand at a drag queen show. He's 'owning the contards' in the same way Trump 'owns' the libtards. They're two sides of the same shitty coin.

Unless I'm mistaken the wealth gap has continued to grow on his watch and around 10% of Canadians appear to believe he's acquired a grip on political power that is on par with some of history's worst dictators.

The wealth gap lessened under Harper but I don't believe you'd call him Left wing.

Trudeau is no dictator. He's a shallow, callow narcist like Trump with no particular aim but enhancing his popularity.

Apparently my grandson came home fearful he might be taken away from home and never see his parents again.

That happened to a few of the older family members of the friends I have who were raped by their teacher.

Yeah, well, too bad some adults scared your grandson with phony stories. Even by the 1950s 90% of native kids were attending day schools on the reserve, and it stopped being mandatory to send native kids anywhere. So unless your grandson grew up before the 1950s (which would make you awfully old) I'd say you should be making nasty faces at his teachers for misleading him.

As for older family members and friends raped by their teacher - I can't recall a single attempt at prosecution. Maybe because there was never any evidence and such stories were only invented in order get a payout. Then again, kids of all races were sexually abused by teachers, coaches, priests and doctors back in the day without anyone paying attention.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

1.   And I've yet to see anything they come up with which merits much respect.

2. Nor can ideas like 'cultural genocide' be retroactively applied against people from a hundred years earlier.

1. It's arguable.  I don't like when bureaucracies change language to achieve goals but there needs to be attention on what China and other countries are doing to their minorities.

2. I feel like it's important for people to admit responsibility for things.  I seem to be far in the minority about this.  People love to do the opposite I guess.

Edited by Michael Hardner

39 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

You have me pegged as farther to the Right than I actually am. In reality, like most people, I veer wildly back and forth across the line on any given subject.

Takes one to know one.

The above makes no sense unless you put the word 'not' in accidentally. Like Trump, Trudeau's primary concern is his own well-being. He goads the Right in the same way and for the same reasons Trump goaded the Left - to endear himself to his base. That's why he does things which make no particular sense, like his recent gun legislation, or going to glad hand at a drag queen show. He's 'owning the contards' in the same way Trump 'owns' the libtards. They're two sides of the same shitty coin.

Yes, they're both right-wingers according to the original usage of the term where the right wing was the smaller assemblage of wealthy land owners and elites who sat to the right of the monarch in similar opposition (for the same reason) to the much vaster assemblage of ordinary common people to the monarchs left.

The wealth gap lessened under Harper but I don't believe you'd call him Left wing.

It actually reversed and shrank or just grew a little more slowly?  All politicians and their parties are fundamentally focused on the distribution of power which is to say away from the great unwashed left be it conservative, progressive and in reality a composition of both. And please don't try to tell me Stain or Xi Jinping are progressive.  

Trudeau is no dictator. He's a shallow, callow narcist like Trump with no particular aim but enhancing his popularity.

I'd like to add silly dilettante to that mix.  

Yeah, well, too bad some adults scared your grandson with phony stories. Even by the 1950s 90% of native kids were attending day schools on the reserve, and it stopped being mandatory to send native kids anywhere. So unless your grandson grew up before the 1950s (which would make you awfully old) I'd say you should be making nasty faces at his teachers for misleading him.

Like I said within living memory, well within it. 

77-year old pedophile sentenced to 11 years

In a sexual abuse case the judge called the worst he'd seen in his 45

years on the bench, 77 year-old Arthur Plint was jailed for 11 years for

assaulting boys at a former residential school on Vancouver Island.

The trial brought to light harrowing tales of abuse:

How Plint, a supervisor from 1947-1968 at the federal Alberni Indian

Residential School run by the United Church, bribed children with

chocolate bars to perform oral sex on him and severely beat others late

at night, often when he was drunk.

https://ammsa.com/publications/windspeaker/77-year-old-pedophile-sentenced-11-years-0

Like I said, I was being used in government photo-ops at the time these things happened, in residential schools run by institutions we still use to this day. 

As for older family members and friends raped by their teacher - I can't recall a single attempt at prosecution. Maybe because there was never any evidence and such stories were only invented in order get a payout. Then again, kids of all races were sexually abused by teachers, coaches, priests and doctors back in the day without anyone paying attention.

Better we're paying attention later than never.

The difficult days don’t end for residential school survivor Dennis Bob. It’s a journey of tears, jokes and other acts of resurgence.

Plint’s trial was the third residential school case to be filed by a group of Indigenous claimants and prompted an RCMP investigation of similar schools across British Columbia.

https://thetyee.ca/News/2021/07/20/I-Cried-So-Hard-I-Almost-Got-Rid-Of-The-Pain/

So how old were you back in the day when you weren't given the attention to pay?

You know, it's suddenly dawned on me that there really are times when they don't want us to see or hear certain things - almost like it was a conspiracy to brainwash us.

Anyone else hear that Theremin playing in the background?

Edited by eyeball

14 hours ago, I am Groot said:

An interesting combination of articles written by the Kays today. Not a coincidence, I'm guessing.
First, this one from Jonathan Kay mentioning how ridiculous our country has gotten over the mostly false allegations of 'genocide' against natives. The Left in Canada has embraced this story to such a degree it's become a religion. Anyone daring to contradict it is a blasphemer and guilty of 'denialism'. 

In many countries, such as Poland, Russia, and Turkey, it is considered bad manners (or even a criminal act) to speak candidly of such nations’ real historical sins. But in Canada, the officially sanctioned fictionalization of history now runs in the opposite direction—toward apocalyptic self-incrimination. Even as hundreds of thousands of immigrants and refugees flock to Canada every year, we are required to embrace the lurid conceit that our country may be described in the same moral breath as (actual) genocidal states such as Nazi Germany and 1994-era Rwanda. A group of scholars even tried to get Canada prosecuted by the International Criminal Court (ICC) for crimes against humanity (with predictable results)

Welcome to Canada the nation of genocidaires

And then the second item, by Barbara Kay, details the attacks on a teacher for daring to contradict the prevailing 'wisdom', despite his remarks being brief and truthful. Here a school board is firing a teacher for telling his students, who were upset at the thought of all those children being 'murdered and tortured', that in fact, they mostly died of diseases like tuberculosis. Which is absolutely true, but apparently truth is not what Canadian schools are interested in teaching these days.

In her above-mentioned report, Radomski concluded that, “regardless of Mr. McMurtry’s intent,” his expressed opinion that the deaths were due to disease was “inflammatory, inappropriate, insensitive and contrary to the district’s message of condolences and reconciliation.”

Indeed, she found it inculpating that, “He left students with the impression some or all of the deaths could be contributed (sic) to ‘natural causes’ and that the deaths could not be called murder.” Her finding, therefore, was that McMurtry was guilty of “extremely serious professional misconduct.” Most unjustly.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fnationalpost.com%2Fopinion%2Fas-this-b-c-teacher-found-out-even-speaking-the-truth-in-class-is-enough-to-get-an-educator-cancelled

Don't know what is wrong with the narrative.

It is a land of genocide.

First against the natives.

Then against wildlife

Then against trees - the forests

Then against those less fortunate who are pushed down and out on the streets.

There is always discrimination, exploitation, oppression and destruction.  This is how our system works.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, cougar said:

Then against wildlife

There is always discrimination, exploitation, oppression and destruction.  This is how our system works.

There is no country on Earth where humans don’t live somewhat at the expense of certain species and with environmental impacts.  That’s called the Darwinian struggle to survive and humans are at the top of the food chain.  You don’t want to be further down that chain unless you’re suicidal.

The only “genocide” Canada is guilty of by today’s standards is one of the dominant groups in society placing their values at the centre and pushing those who disagree or can’t conform easily in various ways.  That’s true in every country throughout history.  It’s true today as the poor and middle class are pushed financially to fight for the elite’s crusade against climate change and for public health purity.  You could substitute the racial purity of the 1930’s if you want.  They’re not as dissimilar as you might think.  I use the word crusade intentionally.

Canada’s giant blunder today is adding unnecessary costs to workers (carbon and other excess taxes) and stripping away individual rights in attempts to make us look pure.   Of course it’s not working.  It’s only raised the cost of living and made us less free.

Edited by Zeitgeist

12 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. It's arguable.  I don't like when bureaucracies change language to achieve goals but there needs to be attention on what China and other countries are doing to their minorities.

I agree but the UN doesn't do that. The UN's human rights council spends half its time investigating Israel and none of it on China .

12 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. I feel like it's important for people to admit responsibility for things.  I seem to be far in the minority about this.  People love to do the opposite I guess.

I feel like I'm not the least bit responsible for past injustices. I also feel like those who were, in the past, acting as morally and ethically or more morally and ethically than almost everyone else in the world at that time shouldn't be cast as evil people because moral and ethical standards have changed since then.

Edited by I am Groot

11 hours ago, eyeball said:

Yes, they're both right-wingers according to the original usage of the term where the right wing was the smaller assemblage of wealthy land owners and elites who sat to the right of the monarch in similar opposition (for the same reason) to the much vaster assemblage of ordinary common people to the monarchs left.

Trudeau's time in office is marked by an obsession with income redistribution. Even his climate change initiative is more about income redistribution than climate. I'm not saying he's very GOOD at it, but that seems to be his focus.

It actually reversed and shrank or just grew a little more slowly? 

Reversed and shrank. This is from your favorite politician but he quotes (with a link) the PBO report and other statistics.

https://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/columnists/poilievre-harper-not-trudeau-sr-actually-reduced-poverty

All politicians and their parties are fundamentally focused on the distribution of power which is to say away from the great unwashed left be it conservative, progressive and in reality a composition of both. And please don't try to tell me Stain or Xi Jinping are progressive.  

Why in Christ's name would I suggest either of those two were progressives?

The only power Trudeau cares about is his. In pursuit of that he has been doing whatever he thinks will endear himself to the Left, be it by redistributing income, pretending to care about climate change or drag queens, or all his phony photo ops suggesting he's a 'regular guy'. 

There's an interesting link I came across while looking for information on the residential schools. It makes the distinction between policies that the government never intended to be beneficial to people, like locking up the Japanese in WW2 or the Chinese head tax, and residential schools, which they felt would actually benefit natives. It was the progressives who supported the schools.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/the-many-canadians-who-thought-residential-schools-were-a-good-idea

7 hours ago, cougar said:

Then against wildlife

It's not completely hopeless, I think we've turned the wheel at least, we should see the bow swinging in response in time but these things don't always turn on a dime.

Edited by eyeball

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

1. I feel like I'm not the least bit responsible for past injustices. I also feel like those who were, in the past, acting as morally and ethically or more morally and ethically than almost everyone else in the world at that time shouldn't be cast as evil people because moral and ethical standards have changed since then.

1. None of this addresses how to fix the residue from these past events.  Somebody could tax things like... oh the Hudsons Bay Company, CP Rail, the Banks and so on... to provide redress.  Nobody is asking you to do that here, but you don't even want to talk about that.  You are literally saying "not my fault". Well, you live in the country where there's a problem so the first step is to look at how we got here IMO.