Oil and gas workers find work in the wind energy business.

21 minutes ago, Hodad said:

I was shocked when I moved to the East Coast a few years ago to find that almost every house heats with a boiler--usually oil. Totally foreign concept out west. 

I just paid about double to fill my tank relative to last year. I'm aware of the global realities, so I wasn't surprised at all, but I imagine I'm surrounded by misinformed (or disinformed) people who mistakenly believe that Joe Biden has somehow reduced oil production. Sigh.

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/national/susan-jones/biden-no-more-drilling-were-going-be-shutting-these-plants-down-all

Wha'd'ya think Hodad?

Do ya figure when the POTUS says these things...regularly...that he's not causing extreme pressure on an industry that is absolutely essential to US prosperity?

Sigh...

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Actually I do. WTF is wrong with them, we haven't used heating oil since the 1970s. They like stinky furnaces?

But you guys also hate natural gas too, don't you?

I don't think anyone who disagrees with my points read a link I posted earlier.

Three things Biden has done that increased gas prices | Washington Examiner

Since taking office, Biden has taken too many steps to count to limit domestic production. These include halting federal permits for oil and gas drilling and leasing shortly after taking office and blocking drilling in a major oil-rich Alaskan region.

To be clear, these decisions will mostly affect future production. But that does still significantly affect gas prices because companies factor in their expectations about the future into the decisions they make today.

“Some say that new leases … would have taken time and would not yet be online, but even so, there is evidence that expectations of increased future supply has a beneficial impact on current prices and expectations of future supply drying up has a negative impact on current prices,” the Competitive Enterprise Institute’s Ben Lieberman said.

“At a day-to-day level, I am hearing from drillers that they are having a very hard time getting all the approvals they need from [the Environmental Protection Agency] and other agencies in order to produce on existing wells, and of course, new federal leasing has come to a halt,” Lieberman added.

It’s just basic economics that when the government throttles future supply in an industry, that will lead to higher prices both now and in the future. Biden was warned by many critics at the time that this would happen, but he proceeded anyway.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 2:17 PM, robosmith said:

On the plus side, Putin has done a brilliant job of destroying the credibility of relying on his energy supply businesses.

He may wind up owning the gas reserves off the shore of Southern Ukraine, but have NO customers for that product.

Donald Trump was openly critical of European countries making energy deals with Putin. He said it made much more sense to let the US supply that energy instead of untrustworthy Putin.

He was right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Donald Trump was openly critical of European countries making energy deals with Putin. He said it made much more sense to let the US supply that energy instead of untrustworthy Putin.

He was right.

But of course since it was Trump, European countries saw it as just him pushing American hegemony. AKA, as always he is clumsily and transparently SELF interested.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/national/susan-jones/biden-no-more-drilling-were-going-be-shutting-these-plants-down-all

Wha'd'ya think Hodad?

Do ya figure when the POTUS says these things...regularly...that he's not causing extreme pressure on an industry that is absolutely essential to US prosperity?

Sigh...

No, I don't think a word from Biden is going to shift the global price of oil. That's terribly naive.

Facts are facts. US oil production has dramatically increased under Biden, and it's currently near record levels. I didn't have to pay twice as much for heating oil because of anything Biden did. The numbers are very clear on that point. Though I'm sure many ignorant people believe otherwise.

If Biden's words were as all-powerful as you seem to think, he surely would have waved his wand and muttered a spell to lower gas prices during the midterms. Would've kept the house, lol.

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

Since taking office, Biden has taken too many steps to count to limit domestic production. These include halting federal permits for oil and gas drilling and leasing shortly after taking office and blocking drilling in a major oil-rich Alaskan region.

To be clear, these decisions will mostly affect future production. But that does still significantly affect gas prices because companies factor in their expectations about the future into the decisions they make today.

“Some say that new leases … would have taken time and would not yet be online, but even so, there is evidence that expectations of increased future supply has a beneficial impact on current prices and expectations of future supply drying up has a negative impact on current prices,” the Competitive Enterprise Institute’s Ben Lieberman said.

“At a day-to-day level, I am hearing from drillers that they are having a very hard time getting all the approvals they need from [the Environmental Protection Agency] and other agencies in order to produce on existing wells, and of course, new federal leasing has come to a halt,” Lieberman added.

It’s just basic economics that when the government throttles future supply in an industry, that will lead to higher prices both now and in the future. Biden was warned by many critics at the time that this would happen, but he proceeded anyway.

US petroleum exports hit an all-time high this year. 

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=53999

2 hours ago, ironstone said:

Would you care to explain how US companies "factor in" future supply (like a decade from now) when they bring their oil barrels to the global market? 

"Dear wholesale buyer, our oil is priced $10 per barrel above market price, but please buy it anyway because supply might be tighter in several years."

1 hour ago, Hodad said:

No, I don't think a word from Biden is going to shift the global price of oil. That's terribly naive.

Facts are facts. US oil production has dramatically increased under Biden, and it's currently near record levels. I didn't have to pay twice as much for heating oil because of anything Biden did. The numbers are very clear on that point. Though I'm sure many ignorant people believe otherwise.

If Biden's words were as all-powerful as you seem to think, he surely would have waved his wand and muttered a spell to lower gas prices during the midterms. Would've kept the house, lol.

Talk about naive.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/09/why-biden-energy-policies-have-contributed-to-surging-oil-prices/

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I love that you get your energy policy analysis from a supermarket tabloid. 

I guarantee that everyone in the oil and gas industry would love to use current high prices and public pressure as a lever to get favorable concessions from Biden. But I can also assure you that they are not waiting around for Biden's permission or encouragement to make money in the global marketplace. Record profits, people, record profits. And near-record production. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hodad said:

I love that you get your energy policy analysis from a supermarket tabloid. 

I guarantee that everyone in the oil and gas industry would love to use current high prices and public pressure as a lever to get favorable concessions from Biden. But I can also assure you that they are not waiting around for Biden's permission or encouragement to make money in the global marketplace. Record profits, people, record profits. And near-record production. 

Absolutely insane. 

Do you understand that fossil fuels form the base of the global economy?

I don't hate natural gas. I promote it as far less carbon intensive than coal or oil and a necessary Step 1 towards progress.
You're one of the butthead Cons who thinks anyone with any concern towards the environment insists we must turn the taps off tomorrow morning? That's how you guys act!

If you're American talking about the NE USA, then they're even stupider than Canadians about pipelines. The USA is exporting LNG to other countries first.

47 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

"people with guys"?

Guts maybe? Guts to what? Watch people freeze? How...noble of you.

Yes, guts. Sometimes my phone keyboard is unkind. 

We are addicted to something that is killing us- in many ways. No, we can't quit cold turkey, but we should be doing the work.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hodad said:

Yes, guts. Sometimes my phone keyboard is unkind. 

We are addicted to something that is killing us- in many ways. No, we can't quit cold turkey, but we should be doing the work.

OK I can agree with that. But the method currently employed is insane.

Do the work...of discovery. Then put in the infrastructure and THEN do a cutover. We're doing this backwards out of a sense of desperation and fear. Neither of which can produce good results. 

On 11/27/2022 at 10:01 AM, ironstone said:

Wow, here I am putting up a link from CNN.

It does seem like there is currently an energy crisis in the UK. Same old story, moving way too fast without a viable alternative ready to take up the slack.

UK energy crisis is 'bigger than the pandemic' | CNN Business

So with all this abundant wind energy, why am I still reading articles about the UK energy crisis?

Does that article mention the fact that Joe Biden said that he was gonna end Nordstream 2 and then it blew up along with NS1, and Biden blamed Russia? 

I bet it that if it does mention NS1+2, it doesn't mention Biden's threat against it. 

17 hours ago, ironstone said:

He was right.

Trump was right almost all the time, and even when the wisdom of his policies is clearly evident with the benefit of hindsight, he was still 'wrong' lol. 

Leftards are garbage.

5 hours ago, Nationalist said:

OK I can agree with that. But the method currently employed is insane.

Do the work...of discovery. Then put in the infrastructure and THEN do a cutover. We're doing this backwards out of a sense of desperation and fear. Neither of which can produce good results. 

Dude, oil companies are MASSIVE and they spend billions and billions and billions on political and public influence campaigns.  Example: Both Trump and Gingrich said that their Day One act as President would be to restart the keystone pipeline.  Why would that he number one? Because Koch was the nation’s largest political donor.  Money. Pure and simple.  

All these “think tanks” are funded by oil money, like Mellon, Scaise and Koch. 

On 11/29/2022 at 2:52 PM, herbie said:

Unable to distinguish fuel from lubricants?

Demonazis... see what I mean, fools just can't stop speaking out to remove all doubt.

Are you stupid? Or are you a LIAR? Are you telling me that ALL major cities are powered SOLELY by wind and solar? No fossil fuels? No nuclear?

Third graders know the difference between oil being used as a lubricant and oil being used as a fuel.

Well, Florida third graders, anyway. The dumbasses in your blue state don't know anything.

On 11/29/2022 at 12:37 PM, robosmith said:

Sorry, but Jews don't get a pass for saying id iotic things.

Nor do you.

He didn't say anything dumb. He merely said the truth.

And YOU GOOSE STEPPERS throw out the race card whenever a white person disagrees with a black person. I'm just holding you to the same standards.

Edited by reason10

the voice of unreason yelling at the clouds.

If you say white, he'll rant at you for saying black. If you say it's 2022 buy a gas furnace and stop burning diesel because gas is cheaper, cleaner. and doesn't stink to high hell, he'll claim you told him to turn off his furnace and freeze...

It might be -27 here today, but at least my brain isn't frozen into a solid block.