Oil and gas workers find work in the wind energy business.

3 hours ago, herbie said:

Unable to distinguish fuel from lubricants?

Really a problem in the bedroom.

However, I suspect he's referring to coal and gas power plants. Which is still pretty silly considering the efficiency gains and the fact that fossil fuels are only about 60% of our energy mix these days.

21 hours ago, Rebound said:

If they want to build a nuclear plant across the street from your house, would that be ok with you? I mean… they have to put them somewhere.

As for OPEC… US oil producers like Exxon and Chevron are happy to raise their prices whenever OPEC does.  Do you think the US should institute price controls?

I would want it a reasonable distance from my house as I really prefer open spaces. I sure would not want to see any wind turbines around either.

People are complaining about price gouging by big oil companies and that's fair enough. It's also fair to ask why oil company price gouging wasn't an issue when Trump was President.

It has to do with Biden's energy policy. He has repeatedly stated "no more drilling!" and he then has to go to the Saudi's begging for more oil production.

Simply put, the regulatory and legislative agenda of the Biden administration has pushed to restrict and, where possible, eliminate drilling for oil and natural gas in the United States.

2 minutes ago, ironstone said:

I would want it a reasonable distance from my house as I really prefer open spaces. I sure would not want to see any wind turbines around either.

People are complaining about price gouging by big oil companies and that's fair enough. It's also fair to ask why oil company price gouging wasn't an issue when Trump was President.

It has to do with Biden's energy policy. He has repeatedly stated "no more drilling!" and he then has to go to the Saudi's begging for more oil production.

Simply put, the regulatory and legislative agenda of the Biden administration has pushed to restrict and, where possible, eliminate drilling for oil and natural gas in the United States.

Show us one single policy of Biden’s which has reduced the amount of petroleum production in the US right now. Point to a single well which was already producing oil which Biden shut down. 

His actions impact oil production in the future. Not today.  

33 minutes ago, ironstone said:

NOT "more" Saudi production; just NOT CUT production during the Russian war.

Maybe there was a plea that SA could make up for LOST RUSSIAN production going to EUROPE.

32 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Show us one single policy of Biden’s which has reduced the amount of petroleum production in the US right now. Point to a single well which was already producing oil which Biden shut down. 

His actions impact oil production in the future. Not today.  

Why Biden energy policies have contributed to surging oil prices (nypost.com)

How about these reasons?

25 Biden policies raising gas prices and other energy costs - Americans for Prosperity

Three things Biden has done that increased gas prices | Washington Examiner

When Biden says he will forbid drilling or any new leases that impacts the decisions oil companies make right now.

There are reasons that oil prices skyrocketed when Biden took office, and also reasons why oil prices were much cheaper when Trump was running the show.

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

How about these reasons?

25 Biden policies raising gas prices and other energy costs - Americans for Prosperity

When Biden says he will forbid drilling or any new leases that impacts the decisions oil companies make right now.

There are reasons that oil prices skyrocketed when Biden took office, and also reasons why oil prices were much cheaper when Trump was running the show.

And those reasons were circumstantial having to do with the reopening of the economy, directly causing increased DEMAND and the choking of SUPPLY by the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

We have it FAR BETTER than most of the Western world, but you guys totally IGNORE that and continually try to blame Biden for ALL OF IT. Just STUPID.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, herbie said:

Unable to distinguish fuel from lubricants?

Demonazis... see what I mean, fools just can't stop speaking out to remove all doubt.

Excuse me? Electric cars are POWERED by fossil fuels. Coal and oil fired power plants.

Right now, wind and solar can't even power a small town for more than an hour. If you are claiming right now wind and solar are covering ALL power needs of EVERY major city, you are either totally uneducated and stupid or you are lying.

On 11/27/2022 at 5:42 PM, Rebound said:

You are probably very young and you don't understand that there's an energy crisis every decade and people have long lines at gas pumps. But we're finally in a position to really do something about it, because as we transition to wind, we'll no longer be held hostage by unstable enemy dictatorships in the middle east, Venezuela and Moscow. We can master our own destiny and since the fuel of windmills costs $0, we are on a path to abundant, free energy. Great time to invest in it.

I'm going to be honest: Your comment wasn't very intelligent. Yes, they have a gigantic wind farm, and we all know that Putin stopped all petroleum flow to Western Europe. So that creates a shortage because the gigantic wind farm was not equal to the total of all energy production in their country. But it will be!

As a patriotic American, I want our nation off of petroleum for good!  Sure, there will always be a need for petroleum-based energy. It would be wasteful to shut down all of the gas turbines in the nation. But we are on a path to ensuring that we will never have an energy crisis ever again, and all those Arab countries can go screw themselves. Our alleged ally, Saudi Arabia, conspired with Russia and Venezuela to raise gas prices this year. Screw them! Build  wind and solar until the bottom falls out of their market. 

Lol...

"But it will be"...hilarious. 

Look sweetie...nobody is against your cute windmills and fields of mirrors. If they make you quiet and serene...good.

But dumping fossil fuels before we can power our world, while millions feel the pain of such a dim witted and down right senseless effort is...really friggin' stupid.

"OH it's the Russians! Oh it's The Rona!"

No son...it's you and cold hearted folks like you who are perfectly fine with watching people suffer...

So you can have your windmills and mirrors.

Edited by Nationalist

11 hours ago, ironstone said:

How about these reasons?

NEW LEASES.

Try to understand something — it takes YEARS and YEARS to go from getting a lease to extracting oil.  So that does not affect production TODAY.

So I asked you: Name one oil well that’s been shut down by Biden. Just one single oil well. Is it that hard?  

Edited by Rebound

10 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Lol...

"But it will be"...hilarious. 

Look sweetie...nobody is against your cute windmills and fields of mirrors. If they make you quiet and serene...good.

But dumping fossil fuels before we can power our world, while millions feel the pain of such a dim witted and down right senseless effort is...really friggin' stupid.

"OH it's the Russians! Oh it's The Rona!"

No son...it's you and cold hearted folks like you who are perfectly fine with watching people suffer...

So you can have your windmills and mirrors.

Hey dumdum, the US is producing more oil today than when Trump was President. 

43 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Yes sweetie...that's why the POTUS is begging Venezuela and the Saudis to pump more.

You mean, because GLOBAL production is down? 

Sooner or later, it becomes obvious that petroleum itself is the problem.  We suffer an economic calamity every decade because of oil.  We go to war ever 15 or 20 years because of oil. We prop up horrible dictators because of oil. 
Oil harms our economy. 

Oh, and we’re destroying the environment because of oil.  

Time to kick oil to the curb.  That’s why so many investors are putting their money in wind power. Texas, of all places, already generates 20% of their electricity from wind.  Wind generation will continue to grow under Biden, because we no longer have an imbecile in the Oval Office who thinks that windmills cause cancer.  

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

You mean, because GLOBAL production is down? 

Sooner or later, it becomes obvious that petroleum itself is the problem.  We suffer an economic calamity every decade because of oil.  We go to war ever 15 or 20 years because of oil. We prop up horrible dictators because of oil. 
Oil harms our economy. 

Oh, and we’re destroying the environment because of oil.  

Time to kick oil to the curb.  That’s why so many investors are putting their money in wind power. Texas, of all places, already generates 20% of their electricity from wind.  Wind generation will continue to grow under Biden, because we no longer have an imbecile in the Oval Office who thinks that windmills cause cancer.  

Eventually we may "kick it to the curb".

But only a twit does so BEFORE having the means to replace it completely.

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Eventually we may "kick it to the curb".

But only a twit does so BEFORE having the means to replace it completely.

US petroleum production is up 20% under Biden, so nobody is shutting it down.  You’re over-reacting.

Under the best scenarios, we will have petroleum issues for another decade, but after a decade, we can be consuming far less petroleum than we can extract.  I don’t see a scenario where we will stop consuming petroleum entirely.  

Technology changes. People freak out when it happens, because it impacts jobs. But when you look at the numbers, it’s clear that wind turbines are undergoing explosive growth. Yet we will never attain 100% wind power. Natural gas and hydro won’t be displaced because their capital costs are so high that they won’t be shuttered. And wind can stop blowing, although, statistically, it cannot stop entirely across a large enough area.  

1 minute ago, Rebound said:

US petroleum production is up 20% under Biden, so nobody is shutting it down.  You’re over-reacting.

Under the best scenarios, we will have petroleum issues for another decade, but after a decade, we can be consuming far less petroleum than we can extract.  I don’t see a scenario where we will stop consuming petroleum entirely.  

Technology changes. People freak out when it happens, because it impacts jobs. But when you look at the numbers, it’s clear that wind turbines are undergoing explosive growth. Yet we will never attain 100% wind power. Natural gas and hydro won’t be displaced because their capital costs are so high that they won’t be shuttered. And wind can stop blowing, although, statistically, it cannot stop entirely across a large enough area.  

And while you're all having your way...what do you tell the millions who are suffering because of your changes?

I'm not against alternate energy sources. I'm dead against forcing people to suffer because of hasty decisions.

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

And while you're all having your way...what do you tell the millions who are suffering because of your changes?

I'm not against alternate energy sources. I'm dead against forcing people to suffer because of hasty decisions.

Your thinking is the same as in the voting thread: You have no evidence to back up your statements. 

I get that right-wing sites, heavily funded by oil companies, are going nuts. But I asked you for one simple piece of evidence: What oil well has been shut down TODAY by Biden? Because an oil well that produces gas in five years does not affect the price of gas today. 

Price is a function of supply and demand. US supply has increased 20%, but US exports are exploding.  

Edited by Rebound

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Are YOU "suffering" today?

I have cut back on unnecessary trips due to TEMPORARY higher gas prices, but I don't call that "suffering."

Right NOW I can get gas for only ~$0.70 more a gallon than the low before prices started rising after pandemic restrictions were lifted.

I'm sorry for your "suffering." LMAO

14 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Are YOU "suffering" today?

I have cut back on unnecessary trips due to TEMPORARY higher gas prices, but I don't call that "suffering."

Right NOW I can get gas for only ~$0.70 more a gallon than the low before prices started rising after pandemic restrictions were lifted.

I'm sorry for your "suffering." LMAO

Do you care the NE has a heating oil shortage?

How about those in Europe who can't afford or don't have the fuel to heat their houses?

Do you give a rats ass about the Americans who can't afford your measly 70 cent gas increase?

It's rather interesting that Libbies love to howl about "compassion"...

Until it gets in their way.

Edited by Nationalist

34 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Do you care the NE has a heating oil shortage?

How about those in Europe who can't afford or don't have the fuel to heat their houses?

Do you give a rats ass about the Americans who can't afford your measly 70 cent gas increase?

It's rather interesting that Libbies love to howl about "compassion"...

Until it gets in their way.

I said I am sorry for YOUR suffering.

Of course you FAILED to answer the question, AGAIN.

Are YOU suffering?

People in the NE can wear a coat, use a blanket, or a portable electric heater if they can't afford to buy oil for their furnace.

The blame belongs to Putin.

I was shocked when I moved to the East Coast a few years ago to find that almost every house heats with a boiler--usually oil. Totally foreign concept out west. 

I just paid about double to fill my tank relative to last year. I'm aware of the global realities, so I wasn't surprised at all, but I imagine I'm surrounded by misinformed (or disinformed) people who mistakenly believe that Joe Biden has somehow reduced oil production. Sigh.

44 minutes ago, herbie said:

Actually I do. WTF is wrong with them, we haven't used heating oil since the 1970s. They like stinky furnaces?

Tell ya what. You go there and tell them that.

Oh BTW...one of my houses in Toronto still has oil heating.

Edited by Nationalist

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

I said I am sorry for YOUR suffering.

Of course you FAILED to answer the question, AGAIN.

Are YOU suffering?

People in the NE can wear a coat, use a blanket, or a portable electric heater if they can't afford to buy oil for their furnace.

The blame belongs to Putin.

The additional costs are hurting everyone.

As I thought. You don't have any "compassion". To you it's just a convenient word to politicize.

Libbies...this is one of the major gripes Conservatives have with you. You wave your "feelings" around like a flag, or a badge, or a club...

But your actions very plainly exhibit otherwise. Like poor souls caught in a cult, you will do and say anything to justify your positions.

Now understand that were it only opinions, most people wouldn't care much. But when such a mentality takes power, that's dangerous.

Edited by Nationalist