Federal Carbon Charge

myata

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. You didn't answer my question and instead added another uncited assumption into the room.

There's more than one way and cause why democracy can be eroded. Obviously.

2. I just provided a cite and even responded above.  "At your fingertips" so have a look.

Common knowledge, trivial to confirm. Laziness is not a human right.

"Scares" come from all media, right and left.

But no guarantees that it can always withstand orchestrated massive propaganda. Examples are well known. Humans can be persuaded and programmed.

The country has no mechanisms (and no will) for a responsible intelligent discussion of complex issues. What remains is either stupid bureaucracy that is guaranteed to not work or empty posturing (ditto). In Ontario we now have "vacant property tax" a bureaucratic form to be completed annually. See how it's going to fix the developing housing crisis.

• 5 weeks later...

Happy with your "goods or service"?

Seriously: I was and am in favor of a meaningful climate action. I (think) know what we're going to hit the wall going as we are and probably sooner than we expect.

But let it be handled by this merry trigger / mandate / tax happy progressive crowd while enjoying all entitled entitlements and a tad more... let's just hold it for a minute. We know that the fund was supposed to be revenue neutral for the governments. But what about the tax on it?

Are we opening a new source of revenue for them? Ontario has a health emergency super tax ("fixed it for a generation") shouldn't be a GST+PST on it too? What an interesting idea!

"Because we can" - Quia possumus

gst.jpg

On 11/26/2022 at 7:11 AM, ExFlyer said:

As Shakespeare said "What babble is this?" LOL

HST was long before carbon tax and there is a sales tax on everything, no matter what.

CEO wages have nothing to do with carbon charge or HST, they pay it too.

Taxes pay for everything you get....from roads to health care to all other services. We all get and and we all pay, regardless of your wages.

A tax should have some justification for it.  But they have put a GST tax on the amount of carbon tax paid in BC back about ten years ago or more.   I know.  I saw it on my natural gas bills eight or ten years ago.   I don't know if it is still there because I moved and don't have natural gas anymore. 

A tax on a tax?  What gives here?  Sounds like something from a tyrant ruling the peasants in the dark ages.   What a clever way to suck the blood out of the people.

Edited by blackbird

9 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I'm not happy. I don't personally know anybody who's happy about the carbon tax.

So who's "everybody"?

It's amusing that you all fret about 11 cents on the litre of Gas when the Oil companies are taking in profit hand-over-fist driving up the price of gas. 

If the price of gas dropped 11 cents tomorrow, the price would still be much higher than it has in the past 5 years. 

Edited by Boges

55 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I don't personally know anybody who's happy

Same thing. Can't do anything about it so better just be happy (like pretty much everybody). The default, natural governing folk (in the old times, aristocracy but we have better words now... if the same ideas) is happy. And they are the only ones who can rule here, de facto. So be happy and good luck.

49 minutes ago, Boges said:

It's amusing that you all fret about 11 cents on the litre of Gas when the Oil companies are taking in profit hand-over-fist driving up the price of gas. 

If the price of gas dropped 11 cents tomorrow, the price would still be much higher than it has in the past 5 years. 

LOL...Oh only 11 cents a litre? Well then that changes everything...LOL

What a nonse...

51 minutes ago, Boges said:

It's amusing that you all fret about 11 cents on the litre of

Really why would you be fretting about your own dimes and cents making cute and cozy entitlements for our irreplaceable (like, legally) public heroes, if not changing much else in the country? So unCanadian of you (and yes, they know)

Edited by myata

3 minutes ago, myata said:

Same thing. Can't do anything about it so better just be happy (like pretty much everybody). The default, natural governing folk (in the old times, aristocracy but we have better words now... if the same ideas) is happy. And they are the only ones who can rule here, de facto. So be happy and good luck.

Just roll over and take it?

interesting...

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

LOL...Oh only 11 cents a litre? Well then that changes everything...LOL

What a nonse...

So why aren't you outraged at the profit margin of the oil companies? 

I knew the price of gas was on an exponential rise, government intervention or not. So I purchased an EV. 

Just now, Boges said:

So why aren't you outraged at the profit margin of the oil companies? 

I knew the price of gas was on an exponential rise, government intervention or not. So I purchased an EV. 

I didn't say I like the prices charged by the oil companies.

But when the government begins dog-piling ontop of that...its sickening.

3 minutes ago, myata said:

Really why would you be fretting about your own dimes and cents making cute and cozy entitlements for our irreplaceable (like, legally) public heroes, if not changing much else in the country? So unCanadian of you (and yes, they know)

When the first idea of a Carbon tax was proposed for the 2008 Federal election, prices were only a little less than what they are now. In the world of inflation, the price of gas is something that hasn't actually gone up all that much. 

The increases we're seeing right now, aren't because of taxes, they're because of instability caused by Nationalist's friend Putin. 

Just now, Nationalist said:

I didn't say I like the prices charged by the oil companies.

But when the government begins dog-piling ontop of that...its sickening.

The Federal Government that instituted the Carbon Taxes has been elected 3 times. So you're a bit on an island with your sickening rhetoric. 

10 minutes ago, Boges said:

The Federal Government that instituted the Carbon Taxes has been elected 3 times. So you're a bit on an island with your sickening rhetoric. 

LOL...what a nonse.

Fck your Gawd Damn carbon horseshit and fck your Gawd Damn virtue signalling.

You like that the population is getting screwed.

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

LOL...what a nonse.

Fck your Gawd Damn carbon horseshit and fck your Gawd Damn virtue signalling.

You like that the population is getting screwed.

Awww muffin. 

I guess the 11 cents is a bit much for your budget. 

Guess you'll need to get PP elected whenever JT calls another election. 

8 minutes ago, Boges said:

Awww muffin. 

I guess the 11 cents is a bit much for your budget. 

Guess you'll need to get PP elected whenever JT calls another election. 

Or when a vote of non-confidence happens.

And that you are even capable of belittling 11 cents per litre for all those who simply cannot afford this artificial price hike, tells anyone watching that you don't give a rat's ass about Canada or Canadians.

All dicks like you care about is your destructive climate religion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Because the NDP is going to vote in-line with Pierre Poilievre?  ?

If it happens, and I highly doubt it will, it would only be if circumstances lined up to make it disadvantageous for the Conservatives.  The NDP under Jaghmeet is...not impressive.  

Jagmeet Singh's political career is over.  He's a non-entity. Sold himself and the party cheap.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

If it happens, and I highly doubt it will, it would only be if circumstances lined up to make it disadvantageous for the Conservatives.  The NDP under Jaghmeet is...not impressive.  

That Singh character is a failure.

Pixie-Dust is a failure.

We will see what happens but, when a government stomps on its own people in order to satisfy some international climate BS...that government needs to go fishing. They are NOT representing the Canadian people.

49 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Or when a vote of non-confidence happens.

And that you are even capable of belittling 11 cents per litre for all those who simply cannot afford this artificial price hike, tells anyone watching that you don't give a rat's ass about Canada or Canadians.

All dicks like you care about is your destructive climate religion.

Again the real price increase comes from the Oil Companies and your buddy Putin causing instability in the market. 

Also, those poor people get a pretty good Tax rebate along with the Carbon Tax. 

26 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

It's more likely JT tries to call a snap election because he thinks he can beat PP now. 

The Stockwell Day treatment. 

Just now, Boges said:

Again the real price increase comes from the Oil Companies and your buddy Putin causing instability in the market. 

Also, those poor people get a pretty good Tax rebate along with the Carbon Tax. 

A rebate? From whom? That's our money being tossed about like a dirty shop rag.

You climate ministers...you're all destructive, and have no allegiance to anything but your new religion.

8 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

That Singh character is a failure.

Pixie-Dust is a failure.

Most Canadians agree.  That 2/3 of our main party leaders are boobs is fairly common sentiment.  Surely the 3rd isn't just as bad or worse...right?  ☹️

8 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

We will see what happens but, when a government stomps on its own people in order to satisfy some international climate BS...that government needs to go fishing. They are NOT representing the Canadian people.

The climate stuff isn't BS, and you aren't the spokesperson for the Canadian people.  That much of our climate agenda has been some combination of ill-advised, out-of-touch or downright corrupt is (IMO) inarguable.  Sadly we have polarized politics where on one side we have "smelly Walmart people" denying the very idea of climate change, and the other hand we have equally ignorant Greta wannabes peddling outrage and distaste for anyone who doesn't unquestionably fall in line with the existing agenda.  

There is a middle ground where we take the problem seriously and come up with practical solutions where we invest in the proper projects/policies/technology without a lot of influence-peddling and grift, but all of the oxygen gets sucked out of the debate by people screaming at each other.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

A rebate? From whom? That's our money being tossed about like a dirty shop rag.

You climate ministers...you're all destructive, and have no allegiance to anything but your new religion.

It's an incentive to use less fossil fuels.

I guess if you don't even agree that reducing our reliance on fossil fuels is a good then then this must seem like an a front to freedom. 

But the other purpose of the carbon tax is to put a price on harmful emissions. It shouldn't be free to pollute.