Fake Liberal gun control.

Army Guy

On 12/2/2022 at 11:24 PM, dialamah said:

PP lies; will you vote for him?

I think I've been pretty fair with calling out those that have deliberately lied, but that's not what you're looking for is it. You want me to admit that becasue PP has lied it is on the same level therefore I'm as guilty as you are. 

But I'm not good with it, everything the liberals are doing lately is based on lies, not white lies but outright deception of the Canadian public, and when they this is pointed out they scream and shout you down. and this happens day after day... and liberal voters seem to be alright with that. which one eventually has tom ask why? we are either gullible or to stupid to know it is happening, or this is normal behavior. it is not normal and those that think so have a bent sense or what is right and wrong. 

39 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I think I've been pretty fair with calling out those that have deliberately lied, but that's not what you're looking for is it. You want me to admit that becasue PP has lied it is on the same level therefore I'm as guilty as you are. 

But I'm not good with it, everything the liberals are doing lately is based on lies, not white lies but outright deception of the Canadian public, and when they this is pointed out they scream and shout you down. and this happens day after day... and liberal voters seem to be alright with that. which one eventually has tom ask why? we are either gullible or to stupid to know it is happening, or this is normal behavior. it is not normal and those that think so have a bent sense or what is right and wrong. 

Is this what you are alluding to?? LOL

lies.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/2/2022 at 1:59 PM, dialamah said:

Where is Aristides defending lies?  He's only stating a fact.  I think JT lies too, as well as PP, Jagmeet Singh and virtually every politician in the world.  Saying so doesn't imply I approve or support, only that I recognize the reality.

As far as i know Aristides does not park in the left lane, i could be wrong, but i think is more in the middle of the road conservative. 

21 hours ago, Army Guy said:

You started this thread off with a rational criticism that pointed out what was wrong about the firearms bill (which even the NDP is now criticizing).  This is good and this is how you convince and influence people. 

Unfortunately, it didn't take you long to descend in emotional rambling about the liberals and the leftists, how stupid they are and how you are SO DONE WITH THEM!!!  This sort of stuff, and the melodramatic ranting like I've quoted above, are not much better than the man shaking his fist and yelling at the clouds. 

12 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

You started this thread off with a rational criticism that pointed out what was wrong about the firearms bill (which even the NDP is now criticizing).  This is good and this is how you convince and influence people. 

Unfortunately, it didn't take you long to descend in emotional rambling about the liberals and the leftists, how stupid they are and how you are SO DONE WITH THEM!!!  This sort of stuff, and the melodramatic ranting like I've quoted above, are not much better than the man shaking his fist and yelling at the clouds. 

I do appreciate the criticism most of the time, it is hard to see when it is a topic that i am passionate about. It is one of the few things me and my son do together, i don't own a ton of weapons i have 2, a bolt action rifle, and a semi auto shotgun. both are now banned. When the target was to focus on firearms that were meant for the battlefield, and the government repeating over and over they are not targeting hunters, but in the commission Liberal MP have stated there will be more added to the list in the future. and no they are not intending to compensate anyone...It is also about private ownership, which seems to have gone out the window, not only with Canadians but the government as well.   

It is an emotional issue for those that are affected, when the federal government tells bold face lies that most common Canadians believe as fact and believe all gun owners are evil and should not have any firearms, it perplexes me why some other Canadians that does own a firearm or care to own one, would be so passionate about making sure i don't own one either. 

It frustrates the shit out of me that despite the truth, and evidence that does come out they choose to ignore it or pronounce it as false news. The fact that there are not enough Canadian examples for them to use as excuses for the bans themselves that they have to use American ones, it only goes to show that our gun policies and restrictions are holding up and doing their jobs.  

For example, TO police made a seizure of firearms today, out of the 62 guns seized, all but 1 handgun was traced to the Canada, the rest are from the US. this has been a constant fact throughout this debate, 98 or 99 % of all crime guns are sourced to the US.

That is not where the government is targeting, it targets legal gun owners or in this case that one firearm that was stolen out of someone's home. And Canadians think they are safer, Justin has got this... So he is taking my bolt action rifle, and semi auto shotgun, with no compensation and without any logical reason at all. 

• Like 1

To be clear, I don't like this bill.  I don't think it's fair, I don't think it was carefully or properly considered, and I don't think it will achieve its goals.  It's not something I've put a lot of research into, so I can't comment too much, but the whole thing stinks as haphazard railroaded legislation. 

The specific criticism is what's important though, not how you feel  about Trudeau.  As soon as you start ranting about how mad the Liberals or the Lefties make you, or how stupid you think they all are, anyone whose thinking you're seeking to influence will tune you out.  

Talking about the firearms seizure, for example, is a good way to make your point.  Your post wasn't clear but I assumed you meant to that out of 62 seized firearms, 61 were illegally imported from the States.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the sort of data that can change people's minds.  Nobody cares that the Liberals make you MAD.  When you tell people that, all they're seeing is an angry partisan with a narrative to peddle.  

The Liberals have presented no statistics that show these weapons, legaly owned are the cause of any more deaths than other firearms. They can't because there aren't any. Other than costing the tax payer a fortune to buy back all these weapons, they will be turning any honest citizen into a criminal if they resist turning them in. This kind of cynical villainizing of honest people for political points is one of the things that really pisses me off about Trudeau. 

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Talking about the firearms seizure, for example, is a good way to make your point.  Your post wasn't clear but I assumed you meant to that out of 62 seized firearms, 61 were illegally imported from the States.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the sort of data that can change people's minds.  

It won't, though.

Investigators said they seized 27 handguns and more than 300 rounds of ammunition.

Salhia said a number of those guns had their serial numbers "obliterated" or "altered," which he called a common tactic to prevent police from tracing illicit firearms.

Police said they traced 20 of the 27 guns to the U.S., including Florida, Ohio and Michigan. Salhia said police think the other seven guns also came from the U.S.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police-seize-handguns-drugs-in-alleged-ontario-u-s-criminal-takedown-1.6022070

“Out of 107 firearms that you see, 83 of them were successfully traced. Of those 83 guns that were traced, 100 per cent of them were identified as illicit firearms coming in from the United States and into Canada,” said Inspector Ahmad Salhia.[ii]

https://www.newmarkettoday.ca/police-beat/100-gang-members-living-in-york-region-police-say-6066936#:~:text=Of those 83 guns that,led by York Regional Police.

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

There are likely quite a few people driving around Toronto carrying illegal loaded handguns and maybe in Vancouver as well.  The police found a pile of guns when they stopped one car in Toronto the other day.

Just be very careful when you are driving in Toronto, Vancouver or other places because if you cause road rage with some thug with an illegal gun or accidentally have a fender bender, you never know what could happen.  Trudeau and the left don't believe you have the right to defend yourself.  But the criminals are allowed to have guns and the courts give bail to people charged with gun offences.

Edited by blackbird

Yukon Liberal MP breaks ranks over gun bill, calling for clarification over which guns are targeted

Even their own backbenchers are getting the message,' Pierre Poilievre said during question period. 'Will the government get the message?'

Cracks are beginning to form in the Liberal caucus over the government’s contentious gun control bill, and the Conservatives were quick to jump on it during question period on Wednesday.

https://nationalpost.com/news/liberal-mp-criticizes-gun-bill

This entire Bill C-21 is taking some serious loops, Now the liberals are collaborating with the NDP, and Bloc to call in subject matter experts to discuss new terms for the added amendments, this meeting that was called , the conservatives were not invited to. With the Liberals quoting the conservatives are part of the problem thats why they were no invited,  This is how democracy works in Canada now, no debate,  just form a group of like minded people and lay out policy that effects millions of Canadians, and brings in billions towards our GDP. I can understand the NDP doing it, they have been paid out, but the Bloc not sure what the reason is, except to get a spot at the trough.

Just to review, the Liberals put forth a bill to ban (Hand guns), and on the eleventh hour added in an amendment that would include thousands of different models of (long barrel fire arms), most of which are strictly used for hunting, like bolt action riles, shot guns, anything that excepts a magazine of any type, which is most modern hunting fire arms. Adding insult to injury there is NO compensation package included , these fire arms will be banned it will be up to owners to turn them in, to be destroyed with no compensation at all. 

Don't get me wrong this bill is about firearms , but if banning private property can be this easy, there is no line in the snow, in time this same process is going to be used on anything you paid for legally. 

Firearm safety has already cost Canada multiply bils form the airsoft industry, sports shooting, target shooting, along with costing the jobs of 48,000 people, way more than SNC ever employed and we seen how far they went to protect those jobs. 

Today a conservative MP was told to leave the parliament becasue she called a liberal MP a lair, he had said that the Conservatives are part of the problem in slowing this bill from passing. it was not the Conservatives that snuck it the amendment, or continued to lie to Canadians that they were not targeting lawful hunters,  She refused to apologize so was ordered out of the house. 

A history lesson to be shared for educational purposes.

Gun control advocates:  What compromises and concessions are peaceful, responsible, and safety-conscious firearm owners willing to make with this latest legislation to keep Canadians safe from violent crime, especially involving firearms?

Peaceful, responsible, and safety-conscious firearm owners:

Let's put some context around our answers first . . .

*In 1913, you required us to have a permit to carry a handgun. We complied. There was no discernable reduction in violent crime. 

*In 1920, you required us to have a permit to possess any firearm no matter where it was stored. We complied. There was no discernable reduction in violent crime.

*In 1932, you required us to provide a reason (only two were permissible) for having a handgun. We complied. There was no discernable reduction in violent crime.

*In 1934, you required us to locally register our handguns. We complied. There was no discernable reduction in violent crime.

*In 1938, you required us to renew our registration every five years. We complied. There was no discernable reduction in violent crime 

*In 1951, you required us to centrally register our handguns. We complied. There was no discernable reduction in violent crime.

*!n 1969, you designed the classification system so certain firearms could be prohibited on a whim. We complied. There was no discernable reduction in violent crime. 

*In 1977, you prohibited automatic firearms. We complied. there was no discernable reduction in violent crime.

*In 1979, you introduced screening and safety courses. we complied. There was no discernable reduction in violent crime.

*By 1994, you required a photo and two references to apply for a Firearms Acquisition Certificate, imposed a mandatory 28 day waiting period, made safety courses mandatory, expanded the background check and screening, reclassified certain firearms, introduced regulations for storage, transportation, and use, and prohibited standard capacity magazines. We complied. There was no discernable reduction in violent crime.

*In 1995, you introduced licensing to have and buy firearms, and to buy ammunition. We complied. There was no discernable reduction in violent crime.

*In 1996, you required us to get your Authorization to Transport certain firearms, and authorizations to carry certain firearms in very limited conditions. We complied. There was no discernable reduction in violent crime.

*In 1997, you regulated shooting clubs, shooting ranges, and gun shows. We complied. There was no discernable reduction in violent crime.

*In 2001, licensing became mandatory. We complied. There was no discernable reduction in violent crime.

*In 2003, you required all firearms to be registered. We complied. There was no discernable reduction in violent crime.

*In 2015, you introduced firearms prohibitions for those convicted of domestic violence. We complied. There was no discernable reduction in violent crime.

*In 2019, you passed C-71, which would pave the way for circumventing parliament, and to ignore the experts' analyses (Law enforcement, firearms functional experts, community groups, etc.) which you claimed to base policies on, in any further restrictions. We complied. There was no discernable reduction in violent crime.

*In 2020, you prohibited some 1500 models of firearms for absolutely no reason other than politically pandering and cowardice in addressing escalating violent crime. We complied. There was no discernable reduction in violent crime.

*In 2021, you reduced judicial consequences for those illegally using their illegally acquired and already prohibited firearms. It didn't affect us, as it didn't apply to us, and violent crime rates continued to climb at an alarming rate.

*In 2022, you banned the sale, purchase, and transfer of handguns. We complied. Violent crime rates continued to climb.

*Also in 2022, you proposed this absolutely useless, enormously costly, and completely counter-productive measure of prohibiting even hunting rifles and shotguns even though the statistical significance of them or their owners being involved in a violent crime registered at the extreme right of the decimal point. And yet, violent crime continues to escalate.

So, what compromises and concessions are we willing to make at this point in what has been over 100 years of faulty logic, deceptive public messaging, malicious and misdirected prosecution, and bad faith negotiations, while completely ignoring the contributing factors and root causes of those most at risk of violent behavioural trajectories AND increasing your leniency for those who actually commit horrifically violent crimes?

Absolutely none.

Copied from another website.

22 hours ago, Army Guy said:

This entire Bill C-21 is taking some serious loops, Now the liberals are collaborating with the NDP, and Bloc to call in subject matter experts to discuss new terms for the added amendments, this meeting that was called , the conservatives were not invited to. With the Liberals quoting the conservatives are part of the problem thats why they were no invited, 

Of course. The only purpose of this bill in its entirety is to allow the Liberals to pretend to ignorant urbanites who know little about firearms but that they don't like them that they are protecting them. And to portray the conservatives as being of the same mentality and mind as those crazy Republican gun nuts down south for daring to oppose the legislation. Have you seen the outraged columns in newspapers because some Montreal hockey player dared to say he was a hunter and opposed the legislation? He's been accused of betraying the memory of the sainted martyrs of l'ecole polytechnique elements of the Left have wallowed in every single year for thirty three straight years now.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is what to expect when you use a fire arm to protect your home...your arrested and charged, taken off to jail, and pray dear grand mom can pay the rent and bills and they hold your job for you... and if proven innocent they don't care they are not going to pay you back for your expenses you incur during your stay in jail,   becasue in the eyes of the law your guilty until proven innocent.

There are no stand your ground laws or use of force to defend yourself or your family  laws...

Same thing if you kill someone with a knife, a frying pan, or spoon your going to jail... please note what the other gangsters received for charges...who's protecting poor grand mom now, your in jail...don't worry the bad guys will be out on the street before dark...well all except that one guy laying in the door way. he gets justice, and you get the stick...

Any of this sound like fair and decent gun control measures...Can you imigine what it is like in the country...with wait times well past 30 to 40 minutes, 

Milton man charged with murder shot intruder who broke into his home, lawyer says (msn.com)

• 2 months later...
On 11/24/2022 at 7:23 PM, Army Guy said:

I know i have seen the article posted by someone else, i don't mean to steal your thunder i just thought it could use its own topic of discussion.

Today as they the committee was reviewing amendments, for the handgun ban bill. they conservative make a brutal discovery. Catching the liberal/ NDP is an act of deception and lies. but first i want to dial it back, a bit first. i remember a discussion i had on here about what was to be included in the original "assault gun ban" and the discussion revolved around what that included, rumors had it it included airsoft, replicate guns, pellet guns and BB guns, there was many articles out there about how large this airsoft industry was, so the liberals/ NDP back tracked on these few look a likes, the liberals are getting very good at this deception, today i found out that those were included in the amendments and are now part of the ban. if it looks like, feels like smells like a real military weapon it is gone, banned, history.

skippin forward, today the committee was looking at all the proposed amendment when they came upon an Amendment G4 , which goes on to state all semi-automatic weapons that have the ability to have a magazine attached are now classified as Banned, this includes shot guns, bolt action rifles, .22 cal bolt actions, thousands of different types, that's not all, becasue it is an amendment it cannot have any Finacial means attached to it, meaning NO buy back is planned, just that they are going to be illegal hand them in thank you very much. The liberals promised they would not attack Hunters or their tools in any way, and here we sit, with thousands of new rifles attached to the "handgun bill". and what is really scary this amendment was backed by liberals / NDP/and Block. most of these banned weapons don't even look like anything the military has, they are banned becasue most are magazine feed, or could be modified to hold more than 5 rounds, or they are semi autos...like duck guns, or deer hunting rifles. It has nothing to do with safety and more about division.

I wonder why they have to resort to deceiving the nation into believing this huge lie of keeping Canadians safer. And we wonder why Canadians have little faith in our experts who have been bought and paid for by the government to promote another boondoggle like this one. instead of pouring resources into preventing criminal activities, we as a nation like to punish ourselves by sticking it to law bidding gun owners. the point is that while nobody really cares about a few gun owners, but this could be about any personal property we own, and how easy it is for the government to take it away, with or without compensation. you have no property rights, And it is already happening in some cities as they ban fossil fuel powered tools like lawn mowers, leaf blowers chain saws etc.. Canadians will continue to stick their heads up their asses until someone slaps their and says you're going to feel some slight discomfort for a few seconds... 

Anyways there is some good news Alberta has already told Justin none of this is going to happen in Alberta, they would not use RCMP to confiscate or managed this gun grab and have joined the legal case against the feds to challenge if this is legal. in the first-place rumor has it Saskatchewan is also joining the fight. 

I am so done with this liberal / NDP/ leftist movement we need an election... and on this front there are rumors, that the liberals might be preparing for a spring election... It's coming from the conservatives, but i can't imagine why, it makes no sense to me, they have nothing to gain. unless they are cutting ties with the NDP maybe...anyways one can hope...

How can any government be so bloody stupid like the liberals party is today. It is well known that criminals will not register their guns or willingly give them up. The only ones that are being hurt here with all of these needles gun laws are the honest and legal gun owners who do not go gang banging innocent people in shopping malls or on the streets. The liberal party is just plain too stupid to do anything right. Everything they do they pretty much phk up. 

The Marxist dictator in Ottawa has done more harm to the honest gun owner and Canada. All we seem to get from the liberal and NDP is more government, more taxes, and less freedom. I personally believe that the dictator in Ottawa will try and hang on to his Marxist power for as long as he can. That could be for another two more years. God help Canada. ?