Canadians, What are your top 3 sources for US political news that you see at least once a week?

To clarify why I'm asking, I know next to nothing about Canadian politics and don't know where to hear about it (not that I'm that interested).

However, it seems that a number of Canadians here think they know ALL ABOUT US politics, hence my curiosity as to WHY.

Of course some of that can be deduced based on evidence cited, but often that is from highly partisan sources which almost never report BOTH SIDES of a political issue. 

So I want to know if BALANCE is EVER SEEN.

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

However, it seems that a number of Canadians here think they know ALL ABOUT US politics, hence my curiosity as to WHY.

Everyone certainly knows enough to have an opinion - news from the US often seems to dominate in almost all news sources around the planet.

So I want to know if BALANCE is EVER SEEN.

I don't know how true it is but an oft-repeated observation I've been given is that the US diet for international news is on the meagre side.

Edited by eyeball

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Everyone certainly knows enough to have an opinion - news from the US often seems to dominate in almost all news sources around the planet.

I don't know how true it is but an oft-repeated observation I've been given is that the US diet for international news is on the meagre side.

Yeah, we're pretty sure the world revolves around us. Unless there's a war or other major event international news is a footnote.

5 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Well, I read MSNBC and FOX first to see exactly where the brainwashing is being positioned for the day. I don't go too far on the extreme, occassionaly, as DailyBeast(Left)/Breitbart(Right) or I risk having a headache. 

Then ---> I move to less BIAS publications like Foreign Affairs, Foreign Policy, Forbes, New York Times, ABC News, The Washington Post, New York Post, Wall Street Journal, even The Hill is a pleasant surprise on the left. Reason.com is another one, pure libertarian, underground podcasts from YouTube. 

I try to read everywhere, the titles at least, via a small application that helps grouping them together by political side, this way data is easier to filter.

---> don't forget our personal BIAS and our truth ?, that can change the equation. 

For trending actual news (International): Reuters, AP, DW. 

No such thing as objective actual news in America, only opinion, read everywhere and make your own conclusion, that is my take. 

I am surprised to see NYP in your list, as I consider that to be in the same league as National Enquirer.

But I agree with "read everywhere" to get a more balanced perspective.

NPR and AP are mostly straight up news. Mostly the bias is in what they do and don't report.