Americans (colonists) did NOT start the slave trade.

6 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Only a child would not see the unbroken connection between starting and perpetrating.

The former DOES NOT justify the latter.

This thread is not about justifying anything. Nobody "justifies" slavery, whether it is the African slavery from the 7th Century to the 19th Century, or it is Africa today, or China. (Well, you left wingers DO buy Nikes so you ARE supporting Chinese slaves. Are you going to pay those slaves reparations? They're alive today.,)

All this thread is about is

No wonder blue states schools are so inferior.

•  

14 minutes ago, reason10 said:

You've lost the argument. The word "logic" doesn't mean re align words and make up shit because your feelings were hurt when you lost an argument.

My feelings are not hurt, because you just keep doubling down on ID IOCY.

You're so dumb, you don't even understand how you keep embarrassing YOURSELF. LMAO

1 minute ago, robosmith said:

The US government was and is responsible for sanctioning the violation of slaves' rights.

The Southern states pushed for slavery. It was convenient to ignore it at the time until it wasn't. Then the existing American government ended it. Maybe they should charge those who benefitted.

Just now, robosmith said:

My feelings are not hurt, because you just keep doubling down on ID IOCY.

You're so dumb, you don't even understand how you keep embarrassing YOURSELF. LMAO

I'm not the moe ron who keeps changing the subject.

This is the subject.

•  

Just now, reason10 said:

This thread is not about justifying anything. Nobody "justifies" slavery, whether it is the African slavery from the 7th Century to the 19th Century, or it is Africa today, or China. (Well, you left wingers DO buy Nikes so you ARE supporting Chinese slaves. Are you going to pay those slaves reparations? They're alive today.,)

All this thread is about is

No wonder blue states schools are so inferior.

•  

You're denying the guilt of slave BUYERS by BLAMING ONLY the sellers.

㊙️ Slaves suffered much more from abuse by the OWNERS for their whole lives than from the sellers.

12 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

I guess I'm going to have to repeat myself for you again. Citing known history as if you just found out something new is sophomoric. 

I was thinking that all history was "known." I was thinking that liberals were just stupid and didn't know any history.

But now I'm getting the impression that stupid people would score higher on an SAT than the liberals here.

They are changing the subject. They are arguing points not brought up in the forum title. 

This is the title and the argument.

And the libs keep trying to change the subject.

•  

12 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

I'm going to save that one as the king master of all false equivalencies. Jeffrey Dahmer actually did eat people. Nobody here owns slaves. 

The subject of this thread is NOT "Does anybody here own slaves?"

Rather the absurd premise is that American colonists did not start the slave trade. Well, duh. Thanks for that mind-blowing insight.

You know what the American colonists DID start? They started the slave trade with the American colonies. Whether someone else in the world practiced slavery first (of course they did) has zero bearing on the rightness, wrongness or historic evil practices upon which America was built. It's an ugly legacy. We should deal with it rather than minimizing and deflecting blame, as the OP does.

I love the brilliance of constitution and admire the minds that invented a remarkable new means of self governance. But there's also no escaping the fact that many of those wigged, white motherf*cks had all the time in the world to sit around and pontificate about a new kind of society specifically because they had brutalized slaves working their plantations. 

Edited by Hodad

Plenty of Europeans also got caught-up in the slave trade. Indentured servitude as it was euphemistically called. The cane fields of the West Indies didn't give a rat's rear about skin colour. One was here to serve...cut that sugar cane faster. Perhaps you'll earn freedom before you die of malaria. But likely not.

1 minute ago, Hodad said:

The subject of this thread is NOT "Does anybody here own slaves.

Rather the absurd premise is that American colonists did not start the slave trade. Well, duh. Thanks for that mind-blowing insights.

You know what the American colonists DID start? They started the slave trade with the American colonies. Whether someone else in the world practiced slavery first (of course they did) has zero bearing on the rightness, wrongness or historic evil that America is built on.

I love the brilliance of constitution and admire the minds that invented a remarkable new means of self governance. But there's also no escaping the fact that many of those wigged, white motherf*cks had all the time in the world to sit around and pontificate about a new kind of society specifically because they had brutalized slaves working their plantations. 

There is nothing absurd about the FACTS.

American colonists DID NOT START THE SLAVE TRADE. I have proven that with plenty of evidence. And all you goose steppers are doing here is trying to change the subject.

19 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Not what the thread title says.

Why don't you create a thread that actually mentions that, instead of being so childish and stupid in this one.

End of argument.

•  

Well, jackass, the Colonists did start America’s slave trade.  Before there was a United States, America was a collection of British colonies and the British subjects who lived here were called COLONISTS. 

Once the Revolutionary War ended, we were no longer colonies, and the colonists became American citizens. 

1 minute ago, Rebound said:

Well, jackass, the Colonists did start America’s slave trade.  Before there was a United States, America

Exactly. So why do you want to blame the American government for slavery? Blame the British for allowing mercenaries to purchase Africans from African slavers and bring them to what eventually became America.

The American government is what ended slavery.

3 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Well, jackass, the Colonists did start America’s slave trade.  Before there was a United States, America was a collection of British colonies and the British subjects who lived here were called COLONISTS. 

Once the Revolutionary War ended, we were no longer colonies, and the colonists became American citizens. 

Again, not the subject of the thread, IMBECILE. 

Make a thread about colonists starting America's slave trade.

But Americans (colonists) did NOT start the slave trade.

Oh, and AFRICANS were selling slaves internationally beginning in the 7th Century. The United States of America was created in 1776.

6 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Logically, there is far more things that happened in the past that were not recorded history.  You say the stupidest shite. 

Excuse me? If items that happened in the past were NOT recorded, how do you know they happened at all, (unless you were there.) And I'm thinking your age is pretty close to your IQ. Around 21 or 24.