Americans (colonists) did NOT start the slave trade.

2 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Posting known history and acting like you just discovered something new is sophomoric. 

So the left isn't continuing to make an issue of slavery in spite of all the obvious and well known problems with their misreading of history. Is that what you're saying?

Because speaking for myself I'm going to keep hitting you over the head with the obvious and what should be well known but apparently is not to many of those you align with.

19 minutes ago, reason10 said:

In America, we leave our property to our descendants. Slaves had NO PROPERTY because it was STOLEN.;'

Name the property that was stolen. (That's how it works in the real world. If something is stolen--cash, credit cards, cars, silverware, TVs,) there is a trail to what way stolen.) Or admit you are LYING.

The property which was STOLEN was the WAGES they had a right to expect.

19 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Apply it to YOURSELF for INVENTING ^this STRAWMAN. No participant is "off the hook" except by your deflection of guilt for the American CUSTOMERS for slaves.

I have ZERO guilt for what Africans did to themselves, and for what they are STILL doing today. And NO American black is being held in slavery, so NO American black is entitled to ANY reparations.

This is logic. Then again, I keep forgetting. You blue staters can't even spell the word logic.

You have no guilt cause you didn't own slaves.

You are FALSELY claiming that the SLACE OWNERS had no guilt for KEEPING and ABUSING SLAVES.

I thought you claimed to be smart. LMAO

Just now, Infidel Dog said:

So the left isn't continuing to make an issue of slavery in spite of all the obvious and well known problems with their misreading of history. Is that what you're saying?

Because speaking for myself I'm going to keep hitting you over the head with the obvious and what should be well known but apparently is not to many of those you align with.

I guess I'm going to have to repeat myself for you again. Citing known history as if you just found out something new is sophomoric. 

1 hour ago, reason10 said:

You people claimed Americans invaded Africa and captured the slaves ourselves. One of you goose steppers called me a racist for pointing that out.

From Hoodad.

Seriously, are you high on meth all the time?

Hey, liar, that's not quote from me, no matter how you spell my user name. 

And this is an absurd argument to make. Jeffrey Dahmer didn't invent cannibalism, but it doesn't mean he's blameless, absolved of the evil of his actions. America bears the sins of its origins build on the bloodied, brutalized backs of the slave population whether other peoples were guilty of the same or not. 

And from a purely economic perspective, there is no market without demand.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Africa began selling slaves to other Africans, long before the trans Atlantic routes were created.

And again, back to the thread title

That is the point I've made. You've tried to change the subject, but facts are facts, whether you like them or not.

This thread is NOT about slave reparations. It is NOT about the Civil War. It is about the FACT of that title.

Grow up.

Only a child would not see the unbroken connection between starting and perpetrating.

The former DOES NOT justify the latter.

11 minutes ago, robosmith said:

So you're doubling down on your simpleton PRETENSE that there was ONLY ONE REASON. 

Thanks for demonstrating YOU don't have the education to understand why that's wrong.

Americans WHO BOUGHT slaves ARE TO BLAME.

Only an id iot would deny HALF of the responsibility.

RACIST DEMOCRATS in the South WERE WHITE Americans. You should think before clicking "Submit."

Perpetrating the slave trade is JUST AS EVIL as STARTING IT despite your PATHETIC DEFLECTION.

So you're doubling down on your simpleton PRETENSE that there was ONLY ONE REASON. 

Thanks for demonstrating YOU don't have the education to understand why that's wrong.

It still goes back to the thread title.

Not a SINGLE American today bought a slave. (although a LOT of Americans including NBA stars wear products MADE by slaves.)

RACIST DEMOCRATS in the South WERE WHITE Americans. You should think before clicking "Submit."

Perpetrating the slave trade is JUST AS EVIL as STARTING IT despite your PATHETIC DEFLECTION.

Not all Southern Confederate soldiers were whit.

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/articles/black-confederates-truth-and-legend

Bottom line, you have lost this argument. The thread title is about

Americans (colonists) did NOT start the slave trade

I've proven that with reliable sources and logic.

59 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Chicken or the egg man. Did the comparatively small amount of Eurocentric slavers go looking for slaves or were some encouraged to take advantage of an available source.

BTW the percentage Eurocentric settlers to the new world who took advantage of the availability of a cheap African market was relative small. Only about 3% of Americans owned African slaves is what I heard. And the owners weren't all white.

Chicken or egg? Nonsense. Like saying it's not your fault for banging trafficked girls at a seedy brothel. "Well they were there, someone had to bang 'em!"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reason10 said:

It still goes back to the thread title.

Not a SINGLE American today bought a slave. (although a LOT of Americans including NBA stars wear products MADE by slaves.)

Not all Southern Confederate soldiers were whit.

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/articles/black-confederates-truth-and-legend

Bottom line, you have lost this argument. The thread title is about

Americans (colonists) did NOT start the slave trade

I've proven that with reliable sources and logic.

So what?

Cain killed Abel, so it’s ok to murder people? 

3 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Apparently strawman arguments ARE for you. It is the US government which is responsible for past slavery.

Until you can provide either a time machine or explain how the Confederate States Of America somehow still exists, that now stands as the dumbest and most dishonest statement of this thread.

Nobody in the US Government was alive during slavery. Nobody in today's US Government was in Africa helping catch slaves between the 7th and the 19th centuries.

The Democrats in this government borrow from unborn children fifty years in the future to buy votes with welfare dollars. So there IS a connection between government and the future.

There is ZERO connections between government and the past.

Or maybe you'd have the French government pay reparations to those who were unfairly imprisoned in the Bastille.

18 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

And doesn't your Prog logic insist the sins of the father are passed down through their ideology.

Very well. Pay your reparations Democrat sympathizer. And stop bothering the rest of us.

The US government was and is responsible for sanctioning the violation of slaves' rights.

2 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Chicken or egg? Nonsense. Like saying it's not your fault for banging trafficked girls at a seedy brothel. "Well they were there, someone had to bang 'em!"

Yeah, but you already paid them so what's your point? They got their reparations.

Again, you are the King master of the false equivalencies.