Americans (colonists) did NOT start the slave trade.

In America, we leave our property to our descendants. Slaves had NO PROPERTY because it was STOLEN.;'

Name the property that was stolen. (That's how it works in the real world. If something is stolen--cash, credit cards, cars, silverware, TVs,) there is a trail to what way stolen.) Or admit you are LYING.

Apply it to YOURSELF for INVENTING ^this STRAWMAN. No participant is "off the hook" except by your deflection of guilt for the American CUSTOMERS for slaves.

I have ZERO guilt for what Africans did to themselves, and for what they are STILL doing today. And NO American black is being held in slavery, so NO American black is entitled to ANY reparations.

This is logic. Then again, I keep forgetting. You blue staters can't even spell the word logic.

20 minutes ago, Aristides said:

There is no product if there is no customer. Without addicts there are no drug dealers. Without transportation, there is no oil industry. African slave traders were filling a demand. It's called capitalism. Africans were not forcing anyone to buy slaves.

Africa began selling slaves to other Africans, long before the trans Atlantic routes were created.

And again, back to the thread title

That is the point I've made. You've tried to change the subject, but facts are facts, whether you like them or not.

This thread is NOT about slave reparations. It is NOT about the Civil War. It is about the FACT of that title.

Grow up.

Just now, CrakHoBarbie said:

And? And AGAIN, here you are stating known history as if you'd found something new.... It must be your nap time, huh....

I'm not the one who continues to change the subject.

The thread title is

You know that meth is going to screw up your health.

Oh, and I don't take naps. I work for a living.

Just now, reason10 said:

I'm not the one who continues to change the subject.

The thread title is

You know that meth is going to screw up your health.

Oh, and I don't take naps. I work for a living.

Well, your absolutely right. Slave traders started it. Now can you admit that American colonists supported those slave traders by buying their slaves?

15 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Your quote does NOT prove a lie.

The thread title is a FACT, which is backed up by reliable sources. Educated people know this.

So you're doubling down on your simpleton PRETENSE that there was ONLY ONE REASON. 

Thanks for demonstrating YOU don't have the education to understand why that's wrong.

Just because you're a simpleton who tries to blame ONE reason, does NOT mean there were not MANY MORE.

You're the bat guano for brains who blames Americans for slavery.

Americans WHO BOUGHT slaves ARE TO BLAME.

Only an id iot would deny HALF of the responsibility.

The American Southern racists did NOT fight "a bloody CIVIL WAR" to end slavery, they fought to KEEP their slaves. DUH.

You really are pathetic. I said WHITE AMERICANS fought a bloody civil war to end slavery. That part is history. Maybe before you dropped out of the third grade you should have read at least ONE history book.

Yes, RACIST DEMOCRATS in the South fought to maintain their slaves. They then gave us Jim Crow, the welfare state and a destroyed black family unit.

For purposes of this thread. (since you people have difficulty sticking to the subject of the thread) Americans did NOT start the slave trade. That part has been proven.

RACIST DEMOCRATS in the South WERE WHITE Americans. You should think before clicking "Submit."

Perpetrating the slave trade is JUST AS EVIL as STARTING IT despite your PATHETIC DEFLECTION.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

So, you actually believe that white Americans should be held responsible for the sins of their great grandfather's? What about what we owe to the indigenous peoples that inhabited America? IMHO, this is a can of worms we cannot viably open, for there is not enough money in the entire World that can possibly make up for all the wrongs perpetrated on everyone f**ked over by the good 'ol U.S.A.

The US government is NOT JUST "white Americans."

I'm ok with prorated reimbursement.

17 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Thing is, America did not create the product. AFRICA did.

And AFRICA is still doing it.

https://globaljustice.regent.edu/2021/01/slavery-still-exists-today/

Slavery Still Exists Today

Mauritania is in Africa.

Just admit you have lost this argument and move on.

Just admit that you suffer from a complete LACK OF LOGIC (as illustrated by you superfluous cite ^here) and move on.

17 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Is still around today? In America? Show me.

Maybe you should read more slowly and then you might understand I referred to the US government still being around today. Of course you know it is, right?

That's the same US government which established the legality of slavery. Unbroken chain of existence.