Americans (colonists) did NOT start the slave trade.

6 minutes ago, reason10 said:

You don't only blame a customer for the practice. There are no customers if there is no product. Africans created the product. And they were selling each other into slavery LONG before Europe got involved. Bottom line, American colonists did NOT start the slave trade. I have proven that with reliable links.

If you want to change the subject because you lost the argument, just admit it. Start another thread where you are convinced Americans caused the slave trade. I've established the OPPOSITE with plenty of documentation.

There is no product if there is no customer. Without addicts there are no drug dealers. Without transportation, there is no oil industry. African slave traders were filling a demand. It's called capitalism. Africans were not forcing anyone to buy slaves.

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, reason10 said:

The Crack has damaged your memory.

Woke cretins here are DENYING that Africans sold themselves into slavery. They called me a racist for bringing it up, even though I had reliable links.

It doesn't matter WHO captured the slaves, and that DOES NOT justify Americans buying and abusing them.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

"Here in the U.S. we do not blame the offspring for the sins of their Fathers. Are you under the false assumption that I favor reparations for slavery? Please point out the post where I said that."

Why? Who said 'you?' I made it clear, I'm talking about the "dough heads on your side aisle." If you need a term I'll give you one - Progs. And yes, the croaking coming out of that swamp is saying "reparations."

"I'm wondering, do you advocate paying reparations to the indigenous people first... If so, there's not going to be anything else left for the descendants of former slaves."

'We're losing this one bad, Captain. Quick beam down some Straw Men.' 

Is that what you're saying? Sounds like it.

Edited by Infidel Dog

15 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

So you're saying you already understand how "infantile and moronic" say, asking for reparations is then?

Good for you now try to introduce some of those dough heads on your side of the Progressive aisle to the concept.

Reparations are completely JUSTIFIED (and were promised) by the THEFT of black men's wages.

• Downvote 1

Just now, robosmith said:

Your quote does NOT prove a lie.

Just because you're a simpleton who tries to blame ONE reason, does NOT mean there were not MANY MORE.

The American Southern racists did NOT fight "a bloody CIVIL WAR" to end slavery, they fought to KEEP their slaves. DUH.

Your quote does NOT prove a lie.

The thread title is a FACT, which is backed up by reliable sources. Educated people know this.

Just because you're a simpleton who tries to blame ONE reason, does NOT mean there were not MANY MORE.

You're the bat guano for brains who blames Americans for slavery.

The American Southern racists did NOT fight "a bloody CIVIL WAR" to end slavery, they fought to KEEP their slaves. DUH.

You really are pathetic. I said WHITE AMERICANS fought a bloody civil war to end slavery. That part is history. Maybe before you dropped out of the third grade you should have read at least ONE history book.

Yes, RACIST DEMOCRATS in the South fought to maintain their slaves. They then gave us Jim Crow, the welfare state and a destroyed black family unit.

For purposes of this thread. (since you people have difficulty sticking to the subject of the thread) Americans did NOT start the slave trade. That part has been proven.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Nope. MUSLIMS AND AFRICANS were responsible.

Europeans did not travel to Africa and hunt in the jungles for slaves. Africans did that. SOLD THEIR OWN PEOPLE INTO SLAVERY.

All Europeans (AND AFRICAN MUSLIMS) did was respond to the market. Africans are 100 to blame for this.

You're an id iot of you believe being offered something for sale in any way justifies BUYING IT.

2 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Reparations are completely JUSTIFIED (and were promised) by the THEFT of black men's wages.

I'll be fair.  NAME the black man whose wages were stolen from him. It'll have to be a black person who is living today, because the last black slave has been dead for almost a century.

We'll wait. Name even FIVE black men whose wages were stolen by slavery.

4 minutes ago, robosmith said:

It doesn't matter WHO captured the slaves, and that DOES NOT justify Americans buying and abusing them.

So you let all the other countries off the hook, INCLUDING the countries who began the practice.

Hence my term "bat guano for brains."

23 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

I'm asking what point your trying to make. Your just repeating known history and acting like you've discovered something new. 

Blaming peoples and excusing peoples... a pointless exercise.

Acknowledge that the system was bad and look for solutions.  Excusing people from centuries ago is stupid IMO

8 minutes ago, robosmith said:

So, you actually believe that white Americans should be held responsible for the sins of their great grandfather's? What about what we owe to the indigenous peoples that inhabited America? IMHO, this is a can of worms we cannot viably open, for there is not enough money in the entire World that can possibly make up for all the wrongs perpetrated on everyone f**ked over by the good 'ol U.S.A.

Edited by CrakHoBarbie

5 minutes ago, robosmith said:

The people to whom the crime was committed have been dead a long time. It's impossible to return wages to them. Are you stupid?

Outside of the FORTY MILLION slaves living TODAY

https://globaljustice.regent.edu/2021/01/slavery-still-exists-today/

there is no logical reason to pay reparations to people who have not suffered the crime. Unless you can provide ANY documentation that there are ANY blacks being held in slavery in the United States, there is no legal cause of action for reparations.

Just now, reason10 said:

I'll be fair.  NAME the black man whose wages were stolen from him. It'll have to be a black person who is living today, because the last black slave has been dead for almost a century.

We'll wait. Name even FIVE black men whose wages were stolen by slavery.

In America, we leave our property to our descendants. Slaves had NO PROPERTY because it was STOLEN.

It was STOLEN from their descendants, TOO. 

Just now, reason10 said:

So you let all the other countries off the hook, INCLUDING the countries who began the practice.

Hence my term "bat guano for brains."

Apply it to YOURSELF for INVENTING ^this STRAWMAN. No participant is "off the hook" except by your deflection of guilt for the American CUSTOMERS for slaves.

4 minutes ago, robosmith said:

SAME the OTHER way. There is no product if there are no customers. Duh. 

Thing is, America did not create the product. AFRICA did.

And AFRICA is still doing it.

https://globaljustice.regent.edu/2021/01/slavery-still-exists-today/

Slavery Still Exists Today

Despite the fact that an estimated 10%-20% of the population lives in slavery, Mauritanian officials often deny that slavery still exists. Human rights defenders are arbitrarily jailed. There are even reports that some enslaved children who have escaped and gone to the police for help have been returned to their masters. Despite these abuses, Mauritania joined the UN Human Rights Council in February 2020. The issue of slavery is one that highlights the critical service provided by human rights and humanitarian organizations. These organizations are working to raise awareness about modern slavery around the world. They are helping people gain freedom and providing economic and educational assistance. They are pressing for additional legislation and seeking justice for victims. May their efforts hasten the eradication of descent-based slavery and help stem the tide of other modern forms of exploitation.

Mauritania is in Africa.

Just admit you have lost this argument and move on.

3 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

If you buy stolen cigarettes are you required to reimburse the owner. 

That would be fair, if you can track them down.

3 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

A better analogy than that though would be is anybody sharing your skin color required to cough up the dough?

Nope. The responsibility lies with the US government which sanctioned an EVIL practice and is STILL around today.

1 minute ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

I already responded to this post. Unfortunately this forum doesn't number individual posts.... Or I could direct you to it 

I know the one you're talking about Barbie and I was responding to it. That should have been obvious.

Problems with the obvious. Hmmm...looks I have you categorized in the right group then.

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Blaming peoples and excusing peoples... a pointless exercise.

Acknowledge that the system was bad and look for solutions.  Excusing people from centuries ago is stupid IMO

I've made no excuses for the sins of our forefathers. The point I'm making is that we cannot hold people responsible for the sins of their fathers. Or, as in this case, the sins of their great grandfather's.