Americans (colonists) did NOT start the slave trade.

Here are the facts.

http://www.realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/True_Negros/Assorted/The_History_of_Slavery.htm

Slavery in Africa

According to David Stannard's American Holocaust, 50% of African deaths occurred in Africa as a result of wars between native kingdoms, which produced the majority of slaves. This includes not only those who died in battles, but also those who died as a result of forced marches from inland areas to slave ports on the various coasts. The practice of enslaving enemy combatants and their villages was widespread throughout Western and West Central Africa, although wars were rarely started to procure slaves. The slave trade was largely a by-product of tribal and state warfare as a way of removing potential dissidents after victory or financing future wars.

However, some African groups proved particularly adept and brutal at the practice of enslaving others, such as Oyo, Benin, Igala, Kaabu, Asanteman, Dahomey, the Aro Confederacy and the Imbangala war bands. By the end of this process, no fewer than 18.3 million people would be herded into "factories" to await shipment to the New World.

The kings of Dahomey sold their war captives into transatlantic slavery, who otherwise would have been killed in a ceremony known as the Annual Customs. As one of West Africa's principal slave states, Dahomey became extremely unpopular with neighbouring peoples. King Gezo of Dahomey said in the 1840s:

The slave trade is the ruling principle of my people. It is the source and the glory of their wealth…the mother lulls the child to sleep with notes of triumph over an enemy reduced to slavery…

Like the Bambara Empire to the east, the Khasso kingdoms depended heavily on the slave trade for their economy. A family's status was indicated by the number of slaves it owned, leading to wars for the sole purpose of taking more captives. This trade led the Khasso into increasing contact with the European settlements of Africa's west coast, particularly the French.

Benin grew increasingly rich during the 16th and 17th centuries on the slave trade with Europe; slaves from enemy states of the interior were sold, and carried to the Americas in Dutch and Portuguese ships. The Bight of Benin's shore soon came to be known as the "Slave Coast". In 1807, the UK Parliament passed the Bill that abolished the trading of slaves. The King of Bonny (now in Nigeria) was horrified at the conclusion of the practice:

We think this trade must go on. That is the verdict of our oracle and the priests. They say that your country, however great, can never stop a trade ordained by God himself.

The Atlantic slave trade peaked in the late 18th century, when the largest number of slaves were captured on raiding expeditions into the interior of West Africa. Obviously, Europeans did not TAKE Slaves in Africa, they BOUGHT Slaves in Africa. These expeditions were typically carried out by African kingdoms, such as the Oyo empire (Yoruba), Kong Empire, Kingdom of Benin, Kingdom of Fouta Djallon, Kingdom of Fouta Tooro, Kingdom of Koya, Kingdom of Khasso, Kingdom of Kaabu, Fante Confederacy, Ashanti Confederacy, Aro Confederacy and the kingdom of Dahomey. Europeans rarely entered the interior of Africa, due to fear of disease and moreover fierce African resistance. The slaves were brought to coastal outposts where they were traded for goods.

Yes, Virginia. The United States of America did not go into African jungles in search of slaves. The trans Atlantic slave trade predates the creation of the United States. Africans sold Africans into slavery.

https://www.thoughtco.com/african-slave-traders-44538

https://sovereignnations.com/2018/04/30/history-arab-slave-trade-africa/

And the Islamic states were among the first to initiate the trade.

You have the sources, libs. Quit being so stupid.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Islamic slavery has lasted longer as a practice and at its peak the was so overwhelming the Atlantic slave trade was tiny by comparison.

Also the practice mentioned in the article of overland travel was widely practiced on victims slated for Islamic destinations. Well over half died. Millions.

Also many slaves of Islamic slavers were white. Millions. Whites should demand reparations.

26 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Here are the facts.

http://www.realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/True_Negros/Assorted/The_History_of_Slavery.htm

Yes, Virginia. The United States of America did not go into African jungles in search of slaves. The trans Atlantic slave trade predates the creation of the United States. Africans sold Africans into slavery.

https://www.thoughtco.com/african-slave-traders-44538

https://sovereignnations.com/2018/04/30/history-arab-slave-trade-africa/

You have the sources, libs. Quit being so stupid.

Ok. So black tribes sold captured black folks to white slavers. We already knew this. Tell me, just how are "libs" being stupid?

5 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Ok. So black tribes sold captured black folks to white slavers. We already knew this. Tell me, just how are "libs" being stupid?

You people claimed Americans invaded Africa and captured the slaves ourselves. One of you goose steppers called me a racist for pointing that out.

From Hoodad.

It is not the slave’s fault for being enslaved. It is the fault of the perpetrators.  The US Constitution legally institutionalized slavery in America. This was a terrible sin. 

You are a racist and you’re trying to inflame. 

Seriously, are you high on meth all the time?

Edited by reason10
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

You obviously have the reading skills of a bowl of cereal. The ORIGINAL slavers were Africans. And Muslims. African slavery began around the 7th Century but the trans Atlantic slave trade began around the 1400s. You DIDN'T already know this.

6 minutes ago, reason10 said:

You obviously have the reading skills of a bowl of cereal. The ORIGINAL slavers were Africans. And Muslims. African slavery began around the 7th Century but the trans Atlantic slave trade began around the 1400s. You DIDN'T already know this.

White people are 100% responsible for slavery in the Americas. Africans didn't force them to bring ships over and buy slaves.

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, reason10 said:

I'm asking what point your trying to make. Your just repeating known history and acting like you've discovered something new. It's infantile and moronic. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

White people are 100% responsible for slavery in the Americas. Africans didn't force them to bring ships over and buy slaves.

Chicken or the egg man. Did the comparatively small amount of Eurocentric slavers go looking for slaves or were some encouraged to take advantage of an available source.

BTW the percentage Eurocentric settlers to the new world who took advantage of the availability of a cheap African market was relative small. Only about 3% of Americans owned African slaves is what I heard. And the owners weren't all white.

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

That is a LIE. AFRICANS are the reason for the AFRICAN slave trade. The trans Atlantic slave trade began BEFORE there was an America.

And WHITE AMERICANS fought a bloody CIVIL WAR to end slavery.

1 minute ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

I'm asking what point your trying to make. Your just repeating known history and acting like you've discovered something new. It's infantile and moronic. 

The Crack has damaged your memory.

Woke cretins here are DENYING that Africans sold themselves into slavery. They called me a racist for bringing it up, even though I had reliable links.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Ancients had slavery, the Roman Empire was built on slavery and other cultures had slavery over a thousand years before them. Europeans were responsible for Africans being enslaved in the Americas, period.

1 minute ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

So you're saying you already understand how "infantile and moronic" say, asking for reparations is then?

Good for you now try to introduce some of those dough heads on your side of the Progressive aisle to the concept.

15 minutes ago, reason10 said:

You people claimed Americans invaded Africa and captured the slaves ourselves. 

Please point out what post I said that in.

17 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Seriously, are you high on meth all the time?

You've claimed that I'm high on crack... Now it's meth.... Are you having problems making up your mind? Or, is early onset dementia playing a role here?

Just now, Aristides said:

Ancients had slavery, the Roman Empire was built on slavery and other cultures had slavery over a thousand years before them. Europeans were responsible for Africans being enslaved in the Americas, period.

Nope. MUSLIMS AND AFRICANS were responsible.

Europeans did not travel to Africa and hunt in the jungles for slaves. Africans did that. SOLD THEIR OWN PEOPLE INTO SLAVERY.

All Europeans (AND AFRICAN MUSLIMS) did was respond to the market. Africans are 100 to blame for this.

4 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Please point out what post I said that in.

You've claimed that I'm high on crack... Now it's meth.... Are you having problems making up your mind? Or, is early onset dementia playing a role here?

You entered this thread by asking why I claimed  libs are being stupid about this. And another lib is STILL arguing about the origins of slave trade in this thread, EVEN with all the documentation I've provided.  And you are STILL arguing the point.

I mention the two drugs because it is very hard to believe a sober person is so stupid. This is either drug related or hereditary.

Edited by reason10

2 minutes ago, reason10 said:

That is a LIE. AFRICANS are the reason for the AFRICAN slave trade. The trans Atlantic slave trade began BEFORE there was an America.

I'm not talking about Americans alone, people of European descent were responsible. Spanish, Portuguese, French, British and yes, Americans after they gained independence. Slavery was abolished in Britain and its empire years before the Civil War and it didn't take a war to do it.

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I'm not talking about Americans alone, people of European descent were responsible. Spanish, Portuguese, French, British and yes, Americans after they gained independence. Slavery was abolished in Britain and its empire years before the Civil War and it didn't take a war to do it.

You don't only blame a customer for the practice. There are no customers if there is no product. Africans created the product. And they were selling each other into slavery LONG before Europe got involved. Bottom line, American colonists did NOT start the slave trade. I have proven that with reliable links.

If you want to change the subject because you lost the argument, just admit it. Start another thread where you are convinced Americans caused the slave trade. I've established the OPPOSITE with plenty of documentation.

4 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

So you're saying you already understand how "infantile and moronic" say, asking for reparations is then?

Here in the U.S. we do not blame the offspring for the sins of their Fathers. Are you under the false assumption that I favor reparations for slavery? Please point out the post where I said that.

6 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Good for you now try to introduce some of those dough heads on your side of the Progressive aisle to the concept.

I'm wondering, do you advocate paying reparations to the indigenous people first... If so, there's not going to be anything else left for the descendants of former slaves.

Your quote does NOT prove a lie.

Just because you're a simpleton who tries to blame ONE reason, does NOT mean there were not MANY MORE.

The American Southern racists did NOT fight "a bloody CIVIL WAR" to end slavery, they fought to KEEP their slaves. DUH.