Musk tanks Twitter

First Elon overpays for Twitter.

Then, his sophomoric attempt's at monetizing it fail.

And now, realizing he fired all those needed to remain in compliance with FTC regulations, he attempts to rehire those he so callously fired.

What a grand clusterf**k Elon has orchestrated.  

Is bankruptcy next?

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/elon-musk-memo-twitter-workers-means-ftc-troubles-rcna57046&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiH1fqZj7j7AhUuKEQIHX_cCjYQFnoECAgQAg&usg=AOvVaw2M8ev2mx_97UZbqLvKvyzj

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

First Elon overpays for Twitter.

Then, his sophomoric attempt's at monetizing it fail.

And now, realizing he fired all those needed to remain in compliance with FTC regulations, he attempts to rehire those he so callously fired.

What a grand clusterf**k Elon has orchestrated.  

Is bankruptcy next?

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/elon-musk-memo-twitter-workers-means-ftc-troubles-rcna57046&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiH1fqZj7j7AhUuKEQIHX_cCjYQFnoECAgQAg&usg=AOvVaw2M8ev2mx_97UZbqLvKvyzj

I'm sure he's regretting offering 3 months severance to anyone who quits.

Seems like they ALL took it. LMAO

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, robosmith said:

He’s required by law to offer 90 days severance when more than a certain percentage is cut loose.  

Here’s the root of the problem: Twitter went from public to private. Musk paid way over market value for Twitter. EVERY valuable employee at the company was required to sell all their stock options at Musk’s inflated price. So ALL the Managers and Directors are sitting on between $250,000 and several million checks they just got. So it’s a perfect time for the employees to jump ship and go to a new company and get fresh new stock options. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rebound said:

He’s required by law to offer 90 days severance when more than a certain percentage is cut loose.  

Here’s the root of the problem: Twitter went from public to private. Musk paid way over market value for Twitter. EVERY valuable employee at the company was required to sell all their stock options at Musk’s inflated price. So ALL the Managers and Directors are sitting on between $250,000 and several million checks they just got. So it’s a perfect time for the employees to jump ship and go to a new company and get fresh new stock options. 

He also just tried to make all the remaining employees sign a culture pledge saying they'll work long hours and return to the office. 

It's like he's writing a text book on how to decimate employee morale. 

• Like 2

Musk is clearly a narcissist and megalomaniac. The kind of guy at whom it's hard not to chuckle when they trip over their own inflated sense of self and take a tumble. Still, schadenfreude aside, it's hard to wrap one's head around just how epic this comeuppance is. 

It's absolutely going to be a chapter in every business textbook in the coming years, and maybe psychology textbooks too.

I've never liked Twitter either and indeed he may be doing us a favor and killing two birds with one stone--both the little blue bird and the strutting peacock.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aristides said:
10 hours ago, robosmith said:

Even those who QUIT?

Yes, if he made big changes to their working conditions and gave them an ultimatum. 

I don't know if he did exactly that. If he offered them money if they quit, that would be a buy out not a severance. So if they quit because his actions changing their work conditions, he'd be liable for severance which could well be more than 3 months pay and probably huge legal and employment law expenses.

Then again, they might be in some GOP right to scab state where he could just say "I'm the Boss, you're fired. eff off" and dive them nothing. Not a matter of IF, a matter of HOW BIG an a**hole Elon is.

Well he is one of the richest men on the planet, it is not going to bankrupt the guy, not like he was going to spend all those billions in one lifetime anyways. I don't think he lays awake at night saying only got a couple billion left should watch my spending. Electric cars are the future, he's not going anywhere.

Besides with billions still in equity i'm sure he could easily replace all those fired or walked out, there might be a period of rough waters, but nobody is irreplaceable. what is they say money talks, BS walks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Bringing Trump to the platform will bring such agitation that will increase his revenue. 

But surprise surprise, Donald said he does not want to come back. Yah, right, if he could, in my view he would sell all his followers from Truth Social just to get back on Twitter today. 

I am starting to think the media deserves their faith. Ever since Musk has taken over the platform, article after article about Trump and Twitter. Well, is happening. You asked for it, Musk is responding to what sells. 

And this is the same media which complains after when Trump gets elected that fascism is here. Right. The people behind the desks at the MSM, especially at the liberal networks need Trump to survive in my estimation as much as Trump needs them for his narcissism. Ratings, circus, this is what sells and we are all part of the game. 

You do know what fascists do when their power is threatened by elections, don't you?

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:

Your system takes care of it: 

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/capitol-violence

The rest is hysteria/paranoia sold by MSNBC to make up for the hysteria on the radio right wing waves.

Each side to where the bread is = FEAR that "someone is coming." ? 

Nobody is coming, oh the FBI is coming -> if one is proudboys or antifa and crosses the law line. 

Yeah, the German system "took care of" Hitler the FIRST time he tried to subvert democracy.

He learned his lesson the SECOND time. But it wasn't the lesson the world wanted him to learn.

On 11/18/2022 at 8:35 AM, robosmith said:

I think he's probably regretting ever even considering buying it. But, even with all the missteps, Twitters more popular than ever. It's like driving by an accident... Everyone's gawking at the implosion.

• Like 1

so what you are saying is that you doubt your justice system. 

What I'm saying is the DoJ works FOR the POTUS. And its head is appointed BY HIM.

That page shows the opposite + the sentences given.

That was LAST TIME,

Also to this day, the incompetence of the capitol police by denying federal law enforcement assistance on January 6th shows how careless America has become in my opinion.

Who told you the Capitol police denied help from ANYONE? I've not heard of that.

I don't think that will happen again though, they learnt their lesson.

I don't think it happened before.

The FSB in Russia won't get another free show like that -> put on by the right wing populist. 

--> But what I think is that you are suggesting a kind of like a McCarthyism against "fascism" ?! 

2 wrongs does not make it right.

I don't know what you're talking about. The Russians have publicly admitted they're still interfering in US elections.

From the New York Times: 

I set it for you specifically at that time stamp, articles are also online: 

https://youtu.be/jWJVMoe7OY0?t=568

*You need a YouTube account to see the above. 

Well, it seems that a number of the Capitol police, esp leadership, were Trump supporters, which reinforces the high danger of electing a fascist as POTUS. 

Capitol Police rejected offers of federal help to quell mob

The rioting and loss of control has raised serious questions over security at the Capitol for future events. The actions of the day also raise troubling concerns about the treatment of mainly white Trump supporters, who were allowed to roam through the building for hours,

“Was there a structural feeling that well, these are a bunch of conservatives, they’re not going to do anything like this? Quite possibly,” Davis said. “That’s where the racial component to this comes into play in my mind. Was there a lack of urgency or a sense that this could never happen with this crowd? Is that possible? Absolutely.”

Trump and his allies were perhaps the biggest megaphones, encouraging protesters to turn out in force and support his false claim that the election had been stolen from him. He egged them on during a rally shortly before they marched to the Capitol and rioted. His personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, a former New York mayor known for his tough-on-crime stance, called for “trial by combat.”

7 hours ago, Contrarian said:

You are proof that the horseshoe theory might be real.

The more you go on the far left, you will find similar things of the far right.

Loss of trust in judicial system, paranoia, "us" vs "them", always an explanation for something that does not go one's way and how one has the amazing alternative contrary to the status quo.

The Jan 6th event was big due to its symbolism on the far right. It was embarrassing internationally for the US.

The far left had a similar "changing of the status quo" moment in "Chaz" as 1 example -> which ended in anarchy like most "the people" movements end up like. 

Trying very hard to say you are different than the Trump fans, but deep down if one like you has power, you would stage McCarthy trials and replace the word "communism" with "fascism" ?

That is fanaticism.

Work done by the current system: 

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/capitol-violence

The label of fascism is completely justified by the ORGANIZED attempt to overthrow the election.

THAT fanaticism is REALITY. Yours is only speculation rising from your denial of the former.

8 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Do you hear them? The drums of justification from the left. ?  

They are heavy in your ear today.

Justification which is COMPLETELY valid based on the REALITY of what happened.

It is NOT "from the left." ?

8 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

The fascists are being taking care off by the law, not by far left wing emotional driven justice.

No more Caps, please, you have more reason than reason x 10. I can read.

Nothing emotional about pushing enforcement of the LAW which is being denied by so many in this nation.

As Garland said, "No one is above the law," not even a carnival barker who has conned the right wing.

The ONLY thing which might be emotional is the FEAR that he will succeed AGAIN in motivating his brainwashed cult to vote for him.

• 9 months later...

Musk threatens to sue ADL after blaming it for X ad sales slump

Elon Musk threatened to sue the Anti-Defamation League on Monday after blaming the nonprofit for an advertising revenue slump on X since he led a takeover of the platform formerly known as Twitter.

Musk accused the ADL in a post on X of ‘trying to kill this platform by falsely accusing it and me of being anti-Semitic’ after it reported a spike in hate speech on the platform following the reinstatement of banned accounts there. 

T1.png

I don't believe blaming the Jews for his bad decisions, like letting neo-Nazis back on X, is going to work for him.