Dump Trump

23 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Desantis is polling a bit higher than Trump right now among GOP and right-leaning independents for 2024 GOP nominee.  This would be good for the party and America.  Looks like he's going to run partly on the "anti-woke" message, which will appeal to a lot of Americans.

If only he could keep it to just anti-woke.  

Unfortunately, he's every bit the unscrupulous populist Trump was.  The only thing that he has going for him over Trump is that he's smarter and less erratic, which in itself is at least an improvement.  

21 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Trump vs McConnell New Episode: 

"It's Mitch McConnell's fault. ? Spending money to defeat great Republican candidates instead of backing Blake Masters and others was a big mistake. Giving 4 Trillion Dollars to the Radical Left for the Green New Deal, not Infrastructure, was an even bigger mistake. He blew the Midterms, and everyone despises him and his otherwise lovely wife, Coco Chow!" Trump said on his social media platform, Truth Social.

(Newsweek). 

“Coco Chow”? 

26 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

If only he could keep it to just anti-woke.  

Unfortunately, he's every bit the unscrupulous populist Trump was.  The only thing that he has going for him over Trump is that he's smarter and less erratic, which in itself is at least an improvement.  

Hmm. 
All these important issues that matter, and you think the GOP candidate should run on a platform of racial division. 

We know that when DeSantis was a teacher, he taught his students to consider the “other side” in the Civil War and maybe the South wasn’t as bad as they seem.  So he’s your racist baby, that’s for sure.  

Edited by Rebound

33 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Hmm. 
All these important issues that matter, and you think the GOP candidate should run on a platform of racial division.

Oh boy.  Where did I say that???

33 minutes ago, Rebound said:

We know that when DeSantis was a teacher, he taught his students to consider the “other side” in the Civil War and maybe the South wasn’t as bad as they seem.  So he’s your racist baby, that’s for sure.  

So what are you saying here?  You don't like DeSantis?  Neither do I.  

Anti-woke =/ Racist.  Sometimes woke goes too far, and I think that a reasonable politician could tap into that sentiment without embracing racism and ignorance.  The guy to do that isn't Ron DeSantis, however, and I think we both agree on that?  

11 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Oh boy.  Where did I say that???

So what are you saying here?  You don't like DeSantis?  Neither do I.  

Anti-woke =/ Racist.  Sometimes woke goes too far, and I think that a reasonable politician could tap into that sentiment without embracing racism and ignorance.  The guy to do that isn't Ron DeSantis, however, and I think we both agree on that?  

I don’t think that’s a positive message at all. It might work for him; I mean, calling Mexicans rapists worked for Donald Trump. 

But there’s absolutely nothing positive of unifying about being “anti-woke,” because when you’re anti-something, you aren’t “for” anything. We need racial harmony, not division. Yes, the message could work but it’s not one I’d get behind because it is divisive and negative.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Yes, the message could work but it’s not one I’d get behind because it is divisive and negative.  

It's framed as "Parents' Rights".... BUT...

It's such a narrow lane of issues ... like "the school has to let you know if your kid is talking to counsellors about changing their gender".   

Given that you have a country of 300 million people with major economic, environmental and unity problems ... with responsibilities for global governance as well it's tough to see how they can make that a framing issue.

Also to point out that the folks who get angry about LGBTQ are dying off every day.  Young people don't care about these issues as much.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, reason10 said:

Without Trump, there is no Republican Party. They have no other figures as powerful with as strong a message. And with another Democrat, there won't be an America. This place will be Venezuela with a multi trillion dollar national debt.

What America should be saying to Republicans is GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASSES AND PUSH THE MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN THEME AND QUIT TRYING TO BE FRIENDS WITH THE DEMONAZIS. Trump is the best president of the 21st Century. He belongs in that office. Get over yourselves, Romneys.

This is sad. Again, you don't even have the basic facts correct.

A. There is a difference between deficit and debt

B. Of the two parties, Democrats are the more fiscally responsible, reducing deficits consistently while Republicans consistently raise them. Though to be fair, in the modern era since Reagan launched the debt skyward ONLY Clinton wins any award for fiscal responsibility. Democrats being better than Republicans may just be a product of how truly awful the Republicans have performed.

C. Trump increased the deficit electively, for no reason beyond his ego, his first year in office, and it rose every year after. He ran huge deficits every single year, including the largest in modern history, adding to the debt at over twice the rate of Obama and the Great Recession. 

Note that this doesn't even include the COVID explosion - this is just policy

c631a93c-Baseline-Budget-Deficits-962-.png?ve=1&tl=1

Reminder that this is the same fool who claimed he could pay off the debt in 8 years. -- Instead he just raised it every year at an increasing rate! There's a sucker born every minute.

Edited by Hodad

57 minutes ago, Hodad said:

This is sad. Again, you don't even have the basic facts correct.

A. There is a difference between deficit and debt

B. Of the two parties, Democrats are the more fiscally responsible, reducing deficits consistently while Republicans consistently raise them. Though to be fair, in the modern era since Reagan launched the debt skyward ONLY Clinton wins any award for fiscal responsibility. Democrats being better than Republicans may just be a product of how truly awful the Republicans have performed.

C. Trump increased the deficit electively, for no reason beyond his ego, his first year in office, and it rose every year after. He ran $1T+ deficits every single year, including the largest in modern history, adding to the debt at over twice the rate of Obama and the Great Recession. 

Note that this doesn't even include the COVID explosion - this is just policy

c631a93c-Baseline-Budget-Deficits-962-.png?ve=1&tl=1

Reminder that this is the same fool who claimed he could pay off the debt in 8 years. -- Instead he just raised it every year at an increasing rate! There's a sucker born every minute.

Total LIES.

1. Any fool can create a chart.

2. Democrats created ENTITLEMENTS which are 70 percent of the federal budget and the ONLY reason there are deficits.

3. The LAST time the federal budget was balanced was in 1969, during the NIXON administration, and during the Vietnam War, when Defense was the largest item on the budget.

Peddle your bullshit elsewhere.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

Yes clearly Republicans have been “trying to be friends with Democrats”

Hilarious

Also: the reason that Russia is losing their war is because “they’re trying to be friends with” Ukraine. 

Liz Cheney (caucuses with Democrats) Mitch McConnell (raises funds for Democrats) Etc.

8 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Total LIES.

1. Any fool can create a chart.

2. Democrats created ENTITLEMENTS which are 70 percent of the federal budget and the ONLY reason there are deficits.

3. The LAST time the federal budget was balanced was in 1969, during the NIXON administration, and during the Vietnam War, when Defense was the largest item on the budget.

Peddle your bullshit elsewhere.

Yes, we all know that you don't like facts,b figures and charts. They get in the way of your totally delusional nonsense. 

Any literate person can click the link (or look at any primary source), read the facts for themselves and see you are compulsive liar. Like Trump, you simply can't help yourself.

Sure, Trump didn't run massive deficits, Clinton didn't balance the budget, Florida has the best school system in the country, and the moon is made of green cheese. 

You are hoot, like a compass that only points south.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

I don’t think that’s a positive message at all. It might work for him; I mean, calling Mexicans rapists worked for Donald Trump. 

But there’s absolutely nothing positive of unifying about being “anti-woke,” because when you’re anti-something, you aren’t “for” anything. We need racial harmony, not division. Yes, the message could work but it’s not one I’d get behind because it is divisive and negative.  

That's kind of a silly thing to say.  You can be for lots of things while still being "anti" others. 

The reason that politicians like Trump have been able to harness so much resentment is because there's an underlying kernel of truth to some of it.  Even just saying that is enough to get some people worked up, but we have politicians, bureaucrats, brands/marketers, public servants etc. literally tripping over themselves making sure they don't offend anyone anywhere, and that everyone knows how progressive and woke they are.  The zero tolerance for misogyny, bullying, racism etc. too often carries over to an outright intolerance towards queries or even discussions on these topics, which spills over to much more innocuous stuff.  

I may be wrong, but I think a large portion of the folks on the Trump train aren't there because they're racist and ignorant fools, but rather because of the resentment built for all of the times someone's made them feel sub-human for not 100% agreeing with the dogma de jour.  The counter-culture has been an equally (arguably worse) toxic reaction, but we're all doing ourselves a disservice not considering or listening to the other point of view with an open mind.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

That's kind of a silly thing to say.  You can be for lots of things while still being "anti" others. 

The reason that politicians like Trump have been able to harness so much resentment is because there's an underlying kernel of truth to some of it.  Even just saying that is enough to get some people worked up, but we have politicians, bureaucrats, brands/marketers, public servants etc. literally tripping over themselves making sure they don't offend anyone anywhere, and that everyone knows how progressive and woke they are.  The zero tolerance for misogyny, bullying, racism etc. too often carries over to an outright intolerance towards queries or even discussions on these topics, which spills over to much more innocuous stuff.  

I may be wrong, but I think a large portion of the folks on the Trump train aren't there because they're racist and ignorant fools, but rather because of the resentment built for all of the times someone's made them feel sub-human for not 100% agreeing with the dogma de jour.  The counter-culture has been an equally (arguably worse) toxic reaction, but we're all doing ourselves a disservice not considering or listening to the other point of view with an open mind.  

Oooh…. There’s plenty of ignorant and racist fools in TrumpLand. I don’t know what kind of La-La-Land you grew up in, but I grew up knowing plenty of hardcore racists and gay-haters in the USA.  They’re most certainly out there, in big numbers. 

50 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Liz Cheney (caucuses with Democrats) Mitch McConnell (raises funds for Democrats) Etc.

1) that’s only 2 people 

2) McConnell raises funds for Democrats? Got a link?

3) Even if the above claims are true they’re the exception rather than the rule. For over a decade the Republicans have been extreme toxic partisans, openly denouncing even the basic concept of bipartisanship and voting against measures they previously supported simply because a Dem is currently proposing it. Over a decade ago McConnell and Republican speaker John Boehner held a public joint press conference announcing they refuse to cooperate with the Obama administration on any issue and stated that the sole reason for that was to help ensure Obama would be a 1-term president. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Moonbox said:

but rather because of the resentment built for all of the times someone's made them feel sub-human

Also being tired and dissatisfied with two ruling elites looking like mirror twins with no visible positive improvement. Populists and political charlatans a la Trump will try spin the mood their way. The populace wont see the obvious sometimes until it's too late.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hodad said:

Yes, we all know that you don't like facts,b figures and charts. They get in the way of your totally delusional nonsense. 

Any literate person can click the link (or look at any primary source), read the facts for themselves and see you are compulsive liar. Like Trump, you simply can't help yourself.

Sure, Trump didn't run massive deficits, Clinton didn't balance the budget, Florida has the best school system in the country, and the moon is made of green cheese. 

You are hoot, like a compass that only points south.

KKKlinton did NOT balance the budget. I've already proven that with reliable sources. Trump did NOT run massive deficits. There is ZERO evidence of that. Entitlements grow beyond the reach of a presidential veto.

You really don't know anything.

• Haha 1