Trudeau's Final Solution

West

7 minutes ago, West said:

Correct I don't want to fund government sanctioned murder.

That's not what I said, which was that you don't want the government to increase funding to address the unmet needs of mentally ill people that were also commented on throughout the article you posted.  Things that would very likely reduce much of the demand and perhaps need for MAID.  That is what you want most right, an end to MAID as an easy way to avoid the cost of better funding?

14 minutes ago, PIK said:

We do have stories of vets being pushed that way.

It is true there are bad stories out there, but soldiers with mental injuries can be a****** to the extreme, very difficult to work with.  and can be easily triggered. An A****** is on the light side of the scale being violent is on the other. One of the many benefits of the pandemic was most contacts were through ZOOM. I've seen far too many interactions go bad, over something very small.

I've had no regrets or bad interactions with any Veterans affairs people, they have always treated with me with respect and are very patient making sure you understand everything and are always looking after you are getting the benefits you need or deserve. It all depends on who you get as a case worker. It's like the DMV, sometimes you get a great person, other times you get a D***head. 

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

That's not what I said, which was that you don't want the government to increase funding to address the unmet needs of mentally ill people that were also commented on throughout the article you posted.  Things that would very likely reduce much of the demand and perhaps need for MAID.  That is what you want most right, an end to MAID as an easy way to avoid the cost of better funding?

Who said that? 

Government skimping out ended up costing them in the long run with the economy shut down. Government incompetence was the issue the past two or three years during covid

51 minutes ago, West said:

Who said that?

I thought you did. Obviously I was wrong to read something so charitable between your lines.

Government skimping out ended up costing them in the long run with the economy shut down. Government incompetence was the issue the past two or three years during covid

Government skimpiness and incompetence have been business as usual for just about ever.  It's certainly no excuse for piggybacking your bottomless desire to link Trudeau to Hitler on the plight of the mentally ill -  who it clearly goes without saying are the very least of your concerns.

Should the day ever come when you people want to use the excuse that the left causes you too much interminable suffering to carry on any farther I'll be there for you.

Edited by eyeball

42 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I thought you did. Obviously I was wrong to read something so charitable between your lines.

Government skimpiness and incompetence have been business as usual for just about ever.  It's certainly no excuse for piggybacking your bottomless desire to link Trudeau to Hitler on the plight of the mentally ill -  who it clearly goes without saying are the very least of your concerns.

Should the day ever come when you people want to use the excuse that the left causes you too much interminable suffering to carry on any farther I'll be there for you.

Well when it quacks like a duck...

It is has always been a source of confusion to  me that we Canadians order soldiers to kill foreigners, yet we have no capital punishment and keep our own alive for decades.

If a Canadian doctor or mother kills a child a few seconds after birth - out of the womb, it is murder. But if she or he does it within the womb, it is not.

Indeed, I live while other Canadians die abroad - supposedly because a politician asked them.

Edited by August1991

12 hours ago, dialamah said:

But of course, simplistic partisanship wouldn't allow for an actual "discussion" of a complex topic

For once, I have to agree. Between left's "we know it best for your own good" and right "God knows best and we speak on their behalf" I wouldn't call a winner. More, sounds and smells to me as pretty much the same thing. We know what's best for you. Just shut up and enjoy it.

8 minutes ago, West said:

Your moral framework is to murder the mentally ill. A very sick person

It's just the start of Canada's version of Aktion T4. The longer this Trudeau dictatorship goes on, the more heinous it will become. Sterilization for humanitarian reasons...they'll say. Murder because they care sooooooooo much will be justified and rationalized to the growing zombie public. It is, as you say...sick. But that's the sort of things these new fascists do. Sick stuff.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

It's just the start of Canada's version of Aktion T4. The longer this Trudeau dictatorship goes on, the more heinous it will become. Sterilization for humanitarian reasons...they'll say. Murder because they care sooooooooo much will be justified and rationalized to the growing zombie public. It is, as you say...sick. But that's the sort of things these new fascists do. Sick stuff.

We do have a Constitution and Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Any laws are subject to them. Don't be so melodramatic.