Here we go again the liberals setting a standard for femisism.

Army Guy

10 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Canada's embarrassment . . . . . Justin Trudeau.

So, he is embarrassing because he appears on a comedy show, like Harper, Wall, Clinton, and Nixon. Was President Trump am embarrassment? President Reagan? Governor Schwarzenegger?

Lets look at the leaders our Prime Minister is supposed to impress. President Biden? President Putin? President Putin is a man living in fear. Who is he afraid of? He is frightened of the President of a little country on the western border of Russia. Ukraine has a slightly larger population than Canada, but it has put the fear of God into the mighty KGB wannabee President Putin, who commands one of the most powerful military forces in the world. Who is the President of the Ukraine? Volodymyr Zelenskyy, a comedian, like Brent Butts, Rick Mercer, RuPaul, or President Reagan. Yet, President Zelenskyy is one of the most respected leaders in the world today.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

So, by that logic, do you believe that raising taxes will therefore lower inflation?

Yes, but not necessarily.  It depends how it’s done.  If you raise taxes on a small number of the richest, then it will likely have no effect as the rich have enough money to keep spending.  It would be good policy otherwise though. 

To ease inflation,  you’d need to affect enough people to curtail overall spending, which is probably not palatable politically. 

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

So, he is embarrassing because he appears on a comedy show, like Harper, Wall, Clinton, and Nixon. Was President Trump am embarrassment? President Reagan? Governor Schwarzenegger?

Lets look at the leaders our Prime Minister is supposed to impress. President Biden? President Putin? President Putin is a man living in fear. Who is he afraid of? He is frightened of the President of a little country on the western border of Russia. Ukraine has a slightly larger population than Canada, but it has put the fear of God into the mighty KGB wannabee President Putin, who commands one of the most powerful military forces in the world. Who is the President of the Ukraine? Volodymyr Zelenskyy, a comedian, like Brent Butts, Rick Mercer, RuPaul, or President Reagan. Yet, President Zelenskyy is one of the most respected leaders in the world today.

Trudeau apologist . . . .  yeah but, yeah but, yeah but Harper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Yes, but not necessarily.  It depends how it’s done.  If you raise taxes on a small number of the richest, then it will likely have no effect as the rich have enough money to keep spending.  It would be good policy otherwise though. 

To ease inflation,  you’d need to affect enough people to curtail overall spending, which is probably not palatable politically. 

The rich already pay a disproportionate amount of the overall tax burden though. And they can move to places where taxes are more favorable.

With Trudeau taking more and more money out of my pocket, I have less to spend as do many other Canadians.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

You said you were a cop.  Did you wear a 'jesters' uniform? 

I admit, I should have felt uncomfortable wearing my uniform. It was a combination of wool and cotton among other fibres. The Bible says it was an abomination in the eyes of God, like homosexuality.

However, when it comes to wearing dresses, I know lots of MP's who wear dresses. The Deputy Prime Minister faced down the fearsome Americans who were trying to destroy NAFTA, all the while, wearing a dress. (Minister Freehand, not the Americans; maybe that came later in private. ?)  My favourite former leader of the CPC, Rona Ambrose, often wore a dress in Parliament, yet she was still able to perform her duties and garnered respect from members from all parties.

I've never actually watched Drag Race, but I would be surprised if anyone wore a jester's uniform. I did wear one (jester's costume) in a school play in grade four, if that counts.

55 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I admit, I should have felt uncomfortable wearing my uniform. It was a combination of wool and cotton among other fibres. The Bible says it was an abomination in the eyes of God, like homosexuality.

However, when it comes to wearing dresses, I know lots of MP's who wear dresses. The Deputy Prime Minister faced down the fearsome Americans who were trying to destroy NAFTA, all the while, wearing a dress. (Minister Freehand, not the Americans; maybe that came later in private. ?)  My favourite former leader of the CPC, Rona Ambrose, often wore a dress in Parliament, yet she was still able to perform her duties and garnered respect from members from all parties.

I've never actually watched Drag Race, but I would be surprised if anyone wore a jester's uniform. I did wear one (jester's costume) in a school play in grade four, if that counts.

You're a fool . . . 

On 11/12/2022 at 10:54 AM, Queenmandy85 said:

With reference to Prime Minister Trudeau, which common-sense policy is his government not enacting and which serious issue is his government not addressing? 

Where to start...

He's doing nothing about China, nothing to separate us from them as trading partners, nothing to control their espionage here or their interference in our elections or their threatening expatriates here. 

He's doing nothing, in fact, to protect national security, to protect government, never mind important public and private sector institutions from foreign cyber attacks. He's doing nothing whatsoever to rebuild the military and get it back in shape, leaving us completely at the mercy of the United States for protection against the world's rising warlords.

He's doing nothing to expand our industrial base, to expand our economy (beyond flooding Canada with foreigners). He's doing nothing to improve our exports (rather the contrary) or our productivity. His government's actions are actually aiding inflation rather than fighting it.

He's doing nothing to improve healthcare across the country. Yes, yes, it's a provincial responsibility but by now surely anyone with even slight knowledge understands that when every single provincial and territorial government's healthcare system is collapsing there's a commonality beyond how 'greedy' and dumb they all are. The entire system needs a rework, and since it operates under federal legislation that means they need to do it.

He's certainly doing nothing to help us cope - or even acknowledge there will be any difficulty with - the millions upon millions of new people he's going to flood the country with over the coming years. Where is the stepped up infrastructure spending? Where are the plans for giant new housing complexes? I mean, they could at least be asking the UN for a bunch of those big refugee tents. 

You talk about climate change. The Trudeau government has made zero acknowledgement that the climate is going to warm regardless of what we do, and proposed initiatives, or even studies to determine how we can best adapt in terms of flood control or irrigation systems or improved building codes.

They've also done zero with regard with natives. I'm not talking about throwing more billions at them to shut them up. I'm talking about some kind of resolution to the separation of natives from the rest of the country on often isolated, uneconomic reserves where they have no reason to live. Instead his government seems set on widening the divide between natives and everyone else here.

Edited by I am Groot
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ironstone said:

So, by that logic, do you believe that raising taxes will therefore lower inflation?

Generally.  Higher taxes mean less spend-through in the consumer economy, and therefore less demand pressure on prices.  Of course if the government just blows all the extra revenue on program spending then it doesn’t have much effect.  Trudeau’s record would suggest that’s what would happen.  ?

3 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

He's doing nothing about China, nothing to separate us from them as trading partners, nothing to control their espionage here or their interference in our elections or their threatening expatriates here. 

I guess you haven't been watching the news with regard to Minister Joly's statement altering Canadian policy regarding China. Reducing trade relations with China will come at a cost and create a backlash from Canadian consumers.

7 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

He's doing nothing whatsoever to rebuild the military and get it back in shape, leaving us completely at the mercy of the United States for protection against the world's rising warlords.

To create an effective military that is more than a token will require conscription and $500 Billion initial injection into the Defence budget with larger annual expenditures to follow.

10 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

He's doing nothing to expand our industrial base, to expand our economy (beyond flooding Canada with foreigners). He's doing nothing to improve our exports (rather the contrary) or our productivity.

That is a contradiction. We do not have skilled workers to fill the job vacancies we have already. To increase our exports, we need to produce goods of superior quality at less cost than out competitors like China and south Asia. One area we can dominate is the export of nuclear generation reactors and the infrastructure such as rail to go with it. That is already in the works.

15 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

He's doing nothing to improve healthcare across the country.

This will require another $200 billion or more to the annual budget.

17 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

the millions upon millions of new people he's going to flood the country with over the coming years. Where is the stepped up infrastructure spending? Where are the plans for giant new housing complexes?

...and electrical power generation etc. You are right. As the climate heats up, we are going to have refugees moving into Canada from Brazil to Nebraska. That is potentially 600 million people flooding over the border. If you have any practical ideas how to accommodate them, I'm sure the government will be listening.

23 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

You talk about climate change. The Trudeau government has made zero acknowledgement that the climate is going to warm regardless of what we do, and proposed initiatives, or even studies to determine how we can best adapt in terms of flood control or irrigation systems or improved building codes.

Nobody denies we are still in a warming period. What is happening, however, is the speed of change. It was a rapid change in climate that brought down the western Roman Empire. We have been studying the best way to mitigate the damage in the short term for 40 years. It is when the flooding stops because it is too hot to rain that we really have a problem. What we need to do to prevent a Permian level extinction is to slow the rise in temperature. Stop releasing greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.

30 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

They've also done zero with regard with natives. I'm not talking about throwing more billions at them to shut them up. I'm talking about some kind of resolution

My ancestors created the same problem with the Saxons. Experience has show the only solution is assimilation, a process that takes centuries. The Ktunaxa have spent about 400 years enduring the same type of social disfunction from the Blackfoot Confederacy colonization. It takes time.

So, you want the government to slow inflation by adding trillions to the budget.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I guess you haven't been watching the news with regard to Minister Joly's statement altering Canadian policy regarding China

Words? Words without any changes, without any actions to remove Chinese agents here. Without any legislation similar to what Australia has put in effect to limit their illegal influencing of elections and government policy. Meaningless words, which is what this government has come to be known for.

To create an effective military that is more than a token will require conscription and $500 Billion initial injection into the Defence budget with larger annual expenditures to follow.

That is a preposterous and ridiculous exaggeration.

That is a contradiction. We do not have skilled workers to fill the job vacancies we have already.

Really? You think chasing our tech workers south with low wages might show a causality there? We pay low wages. Our people flee, and we are 'forced' to bring in low wage third world workers instead.

To increase our exports, we need to produce goods of superior quality at less cost than out competitors like China and south Asia.

No, we need to cut away the masses of red tape enveloping our natural resources sector, just to start, not to mention all other business in Canada. Lowering taxes would be nice, too.

One area we can dominate is the export of nuclear generation reactors and the infrastructure such as rail to go with it. That is already in the works.

We haven't built a nuke in a generation. And they've been extremely late to the party given the provinces have already agreed to work on the new generation of small reactors.

This will require another $200 billion or more to the annual budget.

You have a knack for dismissing all issues confronting the Liberals with ridiculous claims about costs.

We're already paying as much for health care as other countries. We're just not getting the benefits due to how screwed up and inefficient our system is.

...and electrical power generation etc. You are right. As the climate heats up, we are going to have refugees moving into Canada from Brazil to Nebraska. That is potentially 600 million people flooding over the border. If you have any practical ideas how to accommodate them, I'm sure the government will be listening.

Practical ideas to deal with your absurd numbers? I don't see the need, thanks.

Nobody denies we are still in a warming period. What is happening, however, is the speed of change. It was a rapid change in climate that brought down the western Roman Empire.

No. It was weak government, corruption, and citizens too well-fed to join the army so that they had to rely on foreign mercenaries they treated terribly, and who turned on them. We are also, I might add, far more capable of coping with a changing environment than the Romans.

5 minutes ago, I am Groot said:
52 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Practical ideas to deal with your absurd numbers? I don't see the need, thanks.

Do you believe people in Columbia, Mexico and the southern US are just going sit until they dry up and blow away?

31 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

That is a contradiction. We do not have skilled workers to fill the job vacancies we have already.

Really? You think chasing our tech workers south with low wages might show a causality there? We pay low wages. Our people flee, and we are 'forced' to bring in low wage third world workers instead.

So we pay skilled labour better and that will cut inflation and make our products cheaper but superior to our competitors.

10 minutes ago, I am Groot said:
57 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

That is a preposterous and ridiculous exaggeration.

Okay, the two nations with the logistical ability to invade Canada are the USA and Russia, although Russia is less likely to be able to cross the arctic in force. 

That means that a military able to defend the country needs to be better than the invader. A Defence posture unable to defeat any enemy is a waste of money. Too many Canadians neither want to join the military, nor do they wish to pay for it. 

We cannot afford a viable military on top of having to rebuild the healthcare system, entice skilled workers to stay in Canada, and invest massive amounts of money into building nuclear power plants, rebuilding and electrifying the rail system, and developing thorium Liftr's and hopefully fusion reactors.

Personally, I am all for much of that, but government, regardless of political leanings, is constrained by the voters. We all want instant healthcare and low inflation, an military that can protect us, an efficient transportation system, resource extraction that won't affect the environment, and a halt to the coming greenhouse effect. We just want someone else to pay for it. 

In order to avoid being accused of thread drift, I will point out that our Minister of National Defence sometimes wears a dress in Parliament and even in NDHQ.

18 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Comparing a public stoning to a cameo visit on a droll tv show couldn't be much sillier.  Really. 

I don't think these supposed practices are anywhere near as laid out as you'd presume.  Outside of the formal and symbolic duties of the position (or the Law), each PM makes the position their own.

In your mind it is silly but say someone from the Taliban/ Russia, China, etc do you think they think or see it the same way. No, they don't. You're presuming they all share our moral values when it is the opposite. These actions you consider to be small, petty to some cultures they are disgusting, veil on the same level as going to a Saturday stoning to you. So does it matter sure.

Why is it we have not seen this type of behavior before? Sure, if you're talking about decorating the PM home sure make it your own, do you think Justin approval ratings improved here in Canada or internationally for taking a knee during BLM, or dancing in the Pride parade, or attending a show that promotes transgender people.  

Thats my point every day, almost every hour, he represents Canada in a formal way, he is always on duty. on the few hours he has in his residence he can relax and do family stuff, like queen suggested run around in women's clothing if he wants to. Suggesting there is not a code of conduct to adhere to most of the time, when most government departments have strict code of conduct. But somehow you think the PM gets a pass. 

Do you believe people in Columbia, Mexico and the southern US are just going sit until they dry up and blow away?

Your belief in the effects/intensity of global warming is like your numbers, wildly exaggerated. And your belief in our ability to cope with it is wildly unexaggerated.

So we pay skilled labour better and that will cut inflation and make our products cheaper but superior to our competitors.

We pay skilled labour less which enables our industry to avoid putting money into the kind of R&D and technological innovation which drive real productivity growth. And despite cheaper labour we find ourselves not becoming a high tech superpower somehow...

Okay, the two nations with the logistical ability to invade Canada are the USA and Russia, although Russia is less likely to be able to cross the arctic in force. 

That means that a military able to defend the country needs to be better than the invader.

Incorrect. Neither nation (and I do not foresee a threat from the United States barring civil war there) can ever bring more than a portion of their military to bear on us at a time. They have too many threats along their other borders. And, in the case of China are too far away to project more than a small portion of their military abilities.

We do not need to be better. We need sufficient forces that simply moving in and taking over is not an option. We need enough forces that overcoming them would, even if highly likely, be time consuming/expensive. The more expensive you make an undertaking the less likely someone is to attempt it. Make it seem cheap and easy like Ukraine seemed, and you get a war.

42 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

That means that a military able to defend the country needs to be better than the invader. A Defence posture unable to defeat any enemy is a waste of money. Too many Canadians neither want to join the military, nor do they wish to pay for it. 

We cannot afford a viable military on top of having to rebuild the healthcare system, entice skilled workers to stay in Canada, and invest massive amounts of money into building nuclear power plants, rebuilding and electrifying the rail system, and developing thorium Liftr's and hopefully fusion reactors.

Personally, I am all for much of that, but government, regardless of political leanings, is constrained by the voters. We all want instant healthcare and low inflation, an military that can protect us, an efficient transportation system, resource extraction that won't affect the environment, and a halt to the coming greenhouse effect. We just want someone else to pay for it. 

In order to avoid being accused of thread drift, I will point out that our Minister of National Defence sometimes wears a dress in Parliament and even in NDHQ.

Once the wall is built i think the US will solve most of that problem for us.

Thats a myth, all these pay increases are going to be passed on to the consumer, how does that decrease the price of goods. That and let's remember out nation is driven by the old almighty dollar, it rules everything, it is our built-in greed that prevents us from being completive with 3 world countries. 

Another myth, already proven in Afghanistan where just over 10,000 terrorist gave the entire NATO armies plus a few others a run for their money. 1000 determined troops could bring Canada to their knees in less than a week. The last ICE storm in Ontario and Quebec took all of the Army, 1/2 the air force and a great big handful of the navy to contain...Winnipeg floods were the same, these are domestic operations, turn all of that into a shooting match and poof total panic, total failure. if it has worked in dozens of other nations, why could it not happen in Canada. 

Canada has regulated the Army reserves to defend our north, thats should tell you how much priority we place on our Artic sovereignty, The liberals are going to spend money on Artic defenses, sometime in the future the last time they were upgraded was in the 80's. Put that into context the Russians have spent hundreds of billions modernizing their northern military presence. Even the Chinese NAVY has more ice breakers than we do, seen any ice burgs in Chinese's post cards. 

This is a typical Canadian attitude when it comes to defense, 1. Nobody is going to attack Canada; the US will protect us... 2... The only nations capable of attacking us is the US, we don't stand a chance.

If the US does start pouring in defense dollars into Canada's protect then you can bet, we will lose our sovereignty pretty fast it is also a cope out because we are to cheap to even protect our own borders, thats something to be proud off, considering NOV 11 just past and they died defending this country form enemies foreign and domestic. i know F*** them right it all comes down to money right. 

Once again we in the last 3 years have doubled the national debt, well over 600 billion ,nobody blinked an eye except conservatives, budgets balance themselves, and we can print money until we break the glass ceiling. another 600 bil will buy a lot of healthcare, education, security apparatus but all those words taste like *hit, even thinking about it taste bad for Canadians.

We don't need a huge Military, what we do need is one twice the size of our current one, with an overseas presence or major base like German for a staging area. well-funded so they can train often, and train with the best equipment available in the free world, Canada use to have one of the best trained militarys in the western world, now our guys are lucky to fire their personal weapons once or twice a year.. hard to become an expert on that level of training. i'll translate that for you back in the day we used to train 8 months out of the year...Those days were away from your family, actually doing combat training. does not include personal trades training courses for yourself, nor holidays, or leave/ holidays. now today soldiers are lucky to get 1 month a year to train, on average, some are receiving much less.

And on a last note todays military you can wear a dress whenever you want, wear a mixed male and female clothing, you can have multi color hair ,wear it as long as you want, short as you want, including in a man bun, you can wear as much make up as you want, no restrictions clown faces are allowed if you want, jewelry as much as you want, want a huge gold chain to be gangster go for it, want multi piercings again go for it, and that's just for the men, the women have no restrictions as well including beards,  Todays military you can be anything you want, when you want. Add this to cancel culture and poof you got a military that anyone can do whatever they want to, as supervisors are afraid to discipline anyone becasue of the fear of getting canceled... Army guy your full of Crap, this is not what is happening, ask any one with 10 or more years in, ask them how moral is, and what the release rate is, why are units below 60% manning in some cases well below that... The media has already been screaming articles on a regular basis and the majority of Canadians either can't read or are to stupid or there is nothing in it for them.  

This is the military that Canadians want, but hey, your sons and daughters are going to have to pick up the slack, and like any conflict before they will pay the price in their blood, but shit there is always NOV 11 to remember them right. Pay now or later, either way there is a price to pay. 

• Thanks 1

So how about instead of just a big bad-assed cobalt bomb we also made backpacks for soldiers that look like big giant tits and they wear them up front?

I guarantee between a doomsday bomb and soldiers dressed in drag everyone will conclude we really are too crazy to take a chance invading.

I'm being quite serious btw. We'd save billions.

Edited by eyeball

9 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Incorrect. Neither nation (and I do not foresee a threat from the United States barring civil war there) can ever bring more than a portion of their military to bear on us at a time. They have too many threats along their other borders. And, in the case of China are too far away to project more than a small portion of their military abilities.

We do not need to be better. We need sufficient forces that simply moving in and taking over is not an option. We need enough forces that overcoming them would, even if highly likely, be time consuming/expensive. The more expensive you make an undertaking the less likely someone is to attempt it. Make it seem cheap and easy like Ukraine seemed, and you get a war.

The US military has done more for the Canadian soldier than our own government has, so i would not be putting to much reliance on them defending the nation against the US. It might be more like them offering them a hand and showing them around. But lets say we are fighting them the whole way...

In reality the US could take over the country in pretty quick time, less than 24 hours, they have the resources, and the manpower to do it. as for Canadian fighting troops you're only looking at 9 undermanned infantry battalions maybe 600 troops each with only enough IFV LAV 6.0 for 2 to 3 companies for each BN (school busses for the rest of them, and that's a huge error on the plus size. Not to mention only 2 out of the three are Mechanized the other are light (no LAV 6.) trucks of BV206 for them unless they come from other infantry bns ,plus each Light inf Bn has one company of (airborne troops).

44 fighting tanks, 40 training tanks, that are years out of date, less than 68 really old fighters, placed on 3 bases, and less than 12 frigates, divided on both coasts, let's not forget our sub fleet...

US is not like the Russian military, they are trained, they have superior equipment, their soldiers are highly motivated not to mention they out number us well over 15 to one. 

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

In your mind it is silly but say someone from the Taliban/ Russia, China, etc do you think they think or see it the same way. No, they don't. You're presuming they all share our moral values when it is the opposite.

Obviously they don't, but I don't think Canada really needs to worry about the puerile perceptions of poverty stricken and backwards dictatorships and third world crapholes. 

These actions you consider to be small, petty to some cultures they are disgusting, veil on the same level as going to a Saturday stoning to you. So does it matter sure.

Nope.  It still doesn't.  Getting stoned kills you.  Showing up to a drag show, at worse, looks odd and weird.  If Trudeau brought an entourage of drag queens to Saudi Arabia, then their opinion would matter.  Outside of that, their fragile moral sensibilities couldn't matter less to what we do here in Canada.  They certainly don't give a shit what we think.  

Why is it we have not seen this type of behavior before?

Perhaps you haven't noticed the changing times.  

Suggesting there is not a code of conduct to adhere to most of the time, when most government departments have strict code of conduct. But somehow you think the PM gets a pass. 

There's a code of conduct, for sure, but it is fortunately not based on your vague personal judgements of what's "appropriate".  So far the only consequence for this that you've been able to offer is that the Supreme Ayatollah might not respect us as much.  

As I said, perception isn't everything.  Putin spent the last 10 years cultivating a culture of machismo and genius.  Through his poor decisions, he's upended that perception over a few months and is now widely considered a paranoid, lame-duck President on a ticking clock.  His decisions were what mattered.  You know what had nothing to do with it?  Cringe-worthy photo ops of him riding horseback and topless, showing off his saggy man-boobs.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Army Guy said:

In reality the US could take over the country in pretty quick time, less than 24 hours, they have the resources, and the manpower to do it.

The way our military is now, certainly. But the reason they won't do it is political. The Republicans are the ones most likely to want to take over another country to get at its resources. But they're also the ones least likely to accept the political reality which would follow. Namely, they'd have to let us vote, and most of us would vote Democrat. The Republicans most certainly do NOT want tens of millions more people voting Democrat, wanting gun control, public healthcare and abortion on demand.

We have an option. The cheapest and likely the most effective is a nuclear deterrence. My point above was that there are so many demands on government resources, Defence is a lower priority. We may become involved in a war at some future date, but people need healthcare now. Mitigation of climate change needs to happen now. So, do we pour money into a defence budget for a hypothetical war and triage healthcare and say to hell with our future generations? That is a question voters will answer, as they have in the past. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

You’re saying our soldiers would commit treason?  

I'm saying that the US, military has done more for the Canadian military than Canadian government or its citizens have on a good day. fighting them would mean certain death, and for what exactly?

Don't act like you're all upset, the average Canadian does not care what our military does it has clearly shown that in its actions, and as for its citizens it has sat around and watched the whole thing, your just as guilty. You demand loyalty of them but in the same breath pi$$ all over them and show them they are unworthy of your support.  And then wonder why they would more than welcome the US military. i mean come on...What have you done for this nation lately, that allows you to judge anyone really. 

Canadian soldiers have and will always defend this nation regardless of, if ordered, even if you feed them shit every day, becasue for some reason they still believe your worthy, well at least the rookies do, the senior guys not so much, they have been shi$, upon by you for decades, and are tired of it.  They sacrifice everything and you give them nothing in return. 

Now if Russia or anyone else attacked, they would die to the last man, not for you, or Canada but for the men on the left and right of them. They don't give a crap about you... 

Treason give me a break, last person that had clearly committed treason was paid out 10 million dollars for his troubles, not to mention what his other family members receive on our governments dime. and he was celebrated like a hero...

while my brothers in arms fight to receive benefits every Canadian already has. You stab them in the back every chance you get and in return you want them to be loyal. Why? give me a good reason why. 

This is the message i hear every time someone brings up a topic close to this one. I don't want to spend money on any of our security apparatus because it is a huge waste, that money could be used to fund more social programs... then some domestic thing happens, and they are the first ones in front of the media crying why they government did not help them out.