Here we go again the liberals setting a standard for femisism.

Army Guy

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

as an Ulster Orangeman of Upper Canada, I don't see it that way

in my mind, the government works for us, not the other way round

furthermore, the MP's are not actually all that knowledgeable

I mean I can only agree. They need to do their job, working in the interest of Canadians.

That means funding health care, security, economic stewardship.

Not, telling us how to think, not morality. 

Yet I blame the populace in the end. We put these people into power, we accept their behaviour and we continue to pay, pay, pay. 

Despite all that, the man would be re-elected today. 

It's my opinion Canada is under attack from without and within. We have failed her by allowing these charlatans to hold power.

Canadians are asleep.

High, on the true dope.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

Just now, OftenWrong said:

I mean I can only agree. They need to do their job, working in the interest of Canadians.

That means funding health care, security, economic stewardship.

Not, telling us how to think, not morality. 

Yet I blame the populace in the end.

It's my opinion Canada is under attack from without and within.

We have failed her by allowing these charlatans to hold power.

Canadians are asleep.

Canada is not a republic

there is no public rule in Canada

in this monarchy, it falls to the Loyalist Orangemen of Upper Canada to go over the top when the whistle blows

Guardians of Confederation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

If I had to take a guess, I would bet that 99.9% of drag queens would reliably vote for left-leaning parties like the Liberals and NDP. That would be about the same percentage as journalists.

Photo ops are right up Trudeau's alley. No time for enacting common-sense policies or dealing with serious issues.

What do you base that on? Are you referring to just drag queens specifically, or do you include people who are transgender, drag kings and / or crossdressers in that statistic. How many drag queens and crossdressers do you know? (hint, that's a trick question because it is probably more than you think?)

With reference to Prime Minister Trudeau, which common-sense policy is his government not enacting and which serious issue is his government not addressing? 

It is true that the response to climate change is not strong enough, but it is getting there. They have begun to move toward nuclear power. 

Governments can only move as fast as the voters will let them. It doesn't really matter who is PM. Governments need to do what is necessary within the constraints of voter tolerance.

Edited by Queenmandy85

11 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

What do you base that on? Are you referring to just drag queens specifically, or do you include people who are transgender, drag kings and / or crossdressers in that statistic. How many drag queens and crossdressers do you know? (hint, that's a trick question because it is probably more than you think?)

With reference to Prime Minister Trudeau, which common-sense policy is his government not enacting and which serious issue is his government not addressing? 

It is true that the response to climate change is not strong enough, but it is getting there. They have begun to move toward nuclear power. 

Governments can only move as fast as the voters will let them. It doesn't really matter who is PM. Governments need to do what is necessary within the constraints of voter tolerance.

I'm 100% certain that I do not know any drag queens. It seems to be another thing being forced onto society just like the trans gender stuff we are constantly bombarded with. Headed into the public schools too.

Personally, I am most concerned about the state of the economy and the cost of living. There are other issues of course. But I feel Trudeau's policies are exacerbating inflation, specifically his ever-increasing carbon taxes. Trudeau also plans to regulate the internet in Canada which is a giant red flag.

Bills C-11 and C-18 should concern all Canadians - YouTube

Justin Trudeau's priorities - YouTube

You are no doubt aware that JT has publicly stated that China is the country that he most admires. He should raise his standards. But then the Trudeau's have always admired dictatorships, haven't they?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ironstone said:

You are no doubt aware that JT has publicly stated that China is the country that he most admires. He should raise his standards. But then the Trudeau's have always admired dictatorships, haven't they?

I recall President Trump said basically the same thing. Mr. Trudeau needs to be careful about aligning himself too closely with the former POTUS. They also agree on the need to be up to date on their Covid vaccine boosters. People are going to accuse Prime Minister Trudeau of supporting President Trump.

38 minutes ago, ironstone said:

I'm 100% certain that I do not know any drag queens. It seems to be another thing being forced onto society just like the trans gender stuff we are constantly bombarded with.

I think you mean you are 100% certain you do not know if you know any drag queens, but, what ever. You still haven't said where you got your stats that claimed 99.9% of drag queens vote for left leaning parties, or whether that was specifically DQ's or did that also include crossdressers. If you don't know that you know any drag queens, what are you basing your statistic on?  We can leave people who are transgender out because that is an entirely different situation. 

Edited by Queenmandy85

17 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I think you mean you are 100% certain you do not know if you know any drag queens, but, what ever. You still haven't said where you got your stats that claimed 99.9% of drag queens vote for left leaning parties, or whether that was specifically DQ's or did that also include crossdressers. If you don't know that you know any drag queens, what are you basing your statistic on?  We can leave people who are transgender out because that is an entirely different situation. 

I'm arriving at my numbers with the premise that drag queens would be very much like the Libs of TikTok, so therefore...

• Thanks 1

Reference was made to other government leaders. You haven't explained how appearing on a comedy show like Corner Gas or Drag Race or SNL is detrimental to the conduct of government. President-elect Nixon's appearance on Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in actually boosted his image.

Edited by Queenmandy85

11 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Yeah I can agree with this 100%

@Army Guy

I struggle to imagine a situation where Xi Jinping is figuring, “Canada is so easily bullied.  That Trudeau guy hung out with cross-dressers on Tv.”  

Geopolitical decisions are made with more consideration than that. Serious leaders don’t make plans based on unserious things like this.  

Canada is easily bullied. it comes from our past history, more than 1/2 our resources are Chinese owned, or funded, we have Chinese police stations in our largest cities, we have a huge issue with Chinese Canadians being bullied by the PLA, most if not all of our goods come from China, along with many of our strategic goods, like medical machines, medicines, PPE, communications equipment, the list goes on and on. So yes XJ knows he has our balls in his hand, and if he wants us to jump, he squeezes. Justin played a role in that attitude by setting precedence with many dealings' government to government.  So what does Justin gain by being on this show, is it going to strengthen his and our image or is it just going to weaken it. 

How are you so sure that this is the case, if this action has never been done before, would you treat a person the same or with respect had he took part in stoning people to death for a punishment, A common practice in some countries. not sure why this is an issue , there are already set laid out practices that a Canadian PM must adhere to, Justin has been testing the fringes of these practices for a while now. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You really need to get out more. ?

Ummm...no thanks,lol.

I might not care too much about Trudeau and his drag queens if I thought he was more concerned about the problems facing Canadians today, mainly about the increased cost of living. But frankly I don't think he can relate to regular people at all given his privileged upbringing. He's concentrating too much on woke sh*t. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Reference was made to other government leaders. You haven't explained how appearing on a comedy show like Corner Gas or Drag Race or SNL is detrimental to the conduct of government. President-elect Nixon's appearance on Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in actually boosted his image.

You said you were a cop.  Did you wear a 'jesters' uniform?  Would you have been taken more seriously then  . . in your 'jesters' uniform, than anyone takes you seriously in this thread?  You're the one who really needs to get out more.

Trudeau doesn't act like a leader in thought, word, or deed.   Need examples?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

that doesn't work

inflation is caused by too many dollars flooding into the economy,

Inflation is prices rising.  Price is determined by supply and demand.  Recent inflation is largely a supply issue but demand has increased on certain goods/services too.

But if you just give people cash you will raise demand because they will want to buy more things with that new money.

The inflation will stop when supply chains get back to normal IMO.  Housing prices are a different problem pre-dating the pandemic, but still based on supply/demand.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

41 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Inflation is prices rising.  Price is determined by supply and demand.  Recent inflation is largely a supply issue but demand has increased on certain goods/services too.

But if you just give people cash you will raise demand because they will want to buy more things with that new money.

The inflation will stop when supply chains get back to normal IMO.  Housing prices are a different problem pre-dating the pandemic, but still based on supply/demand.

Yes.  Policies like cutting taxes will actually increase inflation.  

Edited by TreeBeard

13 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. What minority?  Cross dressers aren't a minority, they're entertainers.  If he marched in the AIDS walk or Pride that would be ok with me.

Perhaps not intentional, but I think its disingenuous to suggest there's not a heavy LGBTQ slant to Drag Race.  

2. Ok, that supports my point.  And a calculated move to appeal to a group that already knows his positions is bad strategy too IMO

I don't think there was much strategy to it.  He, or someone else probably thought it was a fun idea and he said why not.  To me this feels a lot like Sanna Marin taking all sorts of flak for getting taped dancing and drunk at a party.  You're allowed to be a human being as Prime Minister without having every appearance you make distilled into political drama.  

4. Well, no.  Nor would we if he went to a state funeral or a retirement home.  We would be taking about it if he went on So You Think You Can Dance or The Masked Singer though.  Context.

What's the difference between a hockey game and the Masked Singer?  Of course if he was a contestant on one of these shows, he'd probably be a shitty singer and make a fool of himself, but if he just showed up in the audience or said a few words on stage?  Nobody would complain if he did that at a hockey game, so I don't understand why this is a story either.  

7 hours ago, Army Guy said:

How are you so sure that this is the case, if this action has never been done before, would you treat a person the same or with respect had he took part in stoning people to death for a punishment, A common practice in some countries. not sure why this is an issue ,

Comparing a public stoning to a cameo visit on a droll tv show couldn't be much sillier.  Really. 

7 hours ago, Army Guy said:

there are already set laid out practices that a Canadian PM must adhere to, Justin has been testing the fringes of these practices for a while now. 

I don't think these supposed practices are anywhere near as laid out as you'd presume.  Outside of the formal and symbolic duties of the position (or the Law), each PM makes the position their own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Outside of the formal and symbolic duties of the position (or the Law), each PM makes the position their own.

It's my understanding that Justin will appear on "Drag Strip" or whatever, but will not be dressing in drag himself.

Disappointing in a way. It's not really that bold. I say if wants to make a statement, he should go with it all the way. 

Weirdly, I would actually respect him more if he did...

Own what you are

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Moonbox said:

What's the difference between a hockey game and the Masked Singer?  Of course if he was a contestant on one of these shows, he'd probably be a shitty singer and make a fool of himself, but if he just showed up in the audience or said a few words on stage?  Nobody would complain if he did that at a hockey game, so I don't understand why this is a story either.  

You've answered the question yourself, it is the context of whether he's performing or attending.

But now I'm realizing, I have not been diligent about learning the details of this appearance.

If he's just saying hello or something minor then I don't care about this.