Here we go again the liberals setting a standard for femisism.

Army Guy

10 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

So how was Prime Minister Harper going on the Rick Mercer Report any different? 

I give Prime Minister Trudeau credit for creating the coalition of Conservatives, Liberals and New Democrats that saved NAFTA from a hostile push by the US and then again to respond to the threat of the dadly pandemic. I am not saying Mr. Harper would not have done less, but those are major accomplishments by a team of Canadians who set patisanship aside for the good of the country. 

I can't help but think you have an unhealthy issue with drag queens. Are you also afraid of drag kings?

Yeah but, Yeah but, Yeah but Harper . . . . . . 

Trudeau looks and acts the fool. Doesn't matter if he's dressed up as a cowboy, or wearing any number of his photographed costumes, black-faced, or on a drag queen show . . . . the fact is he's a clown. You condoning his antics makes you a clown's accomplice.

He's done nothing for this country in the last three years.  Nothing!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Do you think other world leaders are going to see this in the same light as you are, let's say Iran, Iraq, Russia, or many of the others.

I don't think we need to really care what Iran, Iraq, Russia or other medieval countries think .  

38 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Shit, you think Biden or God forbid Trump gets back in, going to take him or Canada seriously. The bottom line is it beneficial to the country, when Justin may have to talk tough to release a hostage or threaten military action.

I suspect Biden couldn't care less, given his party's openly liberal platform, and if Trump gets back he's hardly in a position to make fun of someone's media exposure (though he'll try nonetheless).  Pretending you're a brave macho traditionalist doesn't get you as far as you'd think.  Just look at how far Putin's bravado has got him.  

To me, this story is a great big giant nothingburger.  

Edited by Moonbox

2 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Well, the Mullahs of Iran and the failed Moscow taxi driver are not famous for the sense of humour or fun, but who knows what they get up to behing closed doors. 

People still bought tickets to watch Randolph Scott's westerns, and respected the FBI when J. Edgar Hoover was Director. What is it about appearing on a TV show detracts from a politician's respect. Prime Minister Harper even appeared on Corner Gas. So did Premier Brad Wall. Did they lose the respect of foreign leaders? When Trudeau stepped into a boxing ring and beat the stuffing out of Conservative Senator Patrick Brazeau, did he lose the respect of world leaders? 

It has got nothing to do with humor or the lack of at all. It is all about image, why do they wear suits in parliament or when standing in front of the media, and not speedo's or tutus'. Why is it the police made you wear a uniform, because it made you look sexy or because it made you authoritarian, respectful, no humor in it. 

The entire world is not ready for a nations leader to take part in a gay tv show. Canada already has a deficit in respect globally, it does not need any help in losing any more. Do you think his socks has boasted his reputation as a G-8 nations leader?  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Prime Minister Harper appeared on the Rick Mercer Report. What is the difference?

It was in Canada and did not in any way involve sex, sexuality, or morals?

4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Crossdressing has nothing to do with political leaning. 

Don't be naive. That certain men do it has nothing to do with political leaning. But that it's become this fashionable thing where it's celebrated and championed as perfectly normal and good liberal parents take their tykes to have a drag queen read stories to them is most definitely political. It's woke and part of the culture wars. And as far as I can see the only reason for its popularity among the Left is that they know the Right hates it. It's part of the Left's version of 'owning the libtards'. 

Edited by I am Groot
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

If he'd have shown up on Jackass 4.5 then you could sum it up to "yukking it up" but this was obviously a calculated political move to appeal to social progressives.

I question how much we need appealing to. I'm not aware of any bloc of social progressives who are on the verge of joining the ignorant deplorables in the cage Trudeau is deliberately rattling.

I'm a progressive who has never voted for him and doubt I ever will. That said, if the howling from the cage is intended to appeal to me it also misses the mark by a wide margin. It's in the same category as that which appeals to fears of being brainwashed and chipped by a totalitarian dictatorship.

17 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

NAFTA and Covid 19. 

His accomplishments under both were minimal and made by other people. 

He delayed doing anything about covid and accused people of racism for wanting to ban or at least do health screening on people coming from China.

4 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

1... I don't think we need to really care what Iran, Iraq, Russia or other medieval countries think .  

I suspect Biden couldn't care less, given his party's openly liberal platform, and if Trump gets back he's hardly in a position to make fun of someone's media exposure (though he'll try nonetheless).  Pretending you're a brave macho traditionalist doesn't get you as far as you'd think.  Just look at how far Putin's bravado has got him.  

To me, this story is a great big giant nothingburger.  

1.... Sure, that's not rhetoric is it. 

2.... Then you have not been paying attention, both Biden and Putin have said F***k with us and i'll kick your face in with nukes... now imagine that threat coming from Justin after his appearance in the gay show, does Putin take his threat seriously. Perhaps Show up to a union strike negotiating table in a tutu or speedo can we expect positive results...why not? 

3. OK, i see it differently, i see a long list of things that when holding office, you can or cannot do, it is part of the job... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

1.... Sure, that's not rhetoric is it. 

What's rhetorical about it?  Why do we care what the leadership of crapholes like Iraq or Iran think?  What do we need the approval of Russia for?  

2.... Then you have not been paying attention, both Biden and Putin have said F***k with us and i'll kick your face in with nukes... now imagine that threat coming from Justin after his appearance in the gay show, does Putin take his threat seriously. Perhaps Show up to a union strike negotiating table in a tutu or speedo can we expect positive results...why not? 

We have no nukes, nor do we have a big military, nor have we ever tried to threaten anyone with hard power.  Why are we even talking about anyone taking Canada's threats seriously?  The only clout we have is economic and maybe as a reliable intermediary between other middle powers and our big boy neighbour to the south.  

3. OK, i see it differently, i see a long list of things that when holding office, you can or cannot do, it is part of the job... 

That's fair, but I think the only reason we're talking about it is because it's drag queens.  

31 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I question how much we need appealing to. I'm not aware of any bloc of social progressives who are on the verge of joining the ignorant deplorables in the cage Trudeau is deliberately rattling.

It doesn't really appeal to me at all, and I'm a social progressive, BUT there are a lot of people who are far more worried about this stuff than I am.  To me, this is little more than a Trudeau Sunny Days I Stand Up for Minorities photo op.  Not much substance to it, but maybe the LGBTQ community cares about this more than I do.  

31 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I'm a progressive who has never voted for him and doubt I ever will. That said, if the howling from the cage is intended to appeal to me it also misses the mark by a wide margin. It's in the same category as that which appeals to fears of being brainwashed and chipped by a totalitarian dictatorship.

I kind of agree here. This is another very small, very irrelevant thing that people are getting themselves worked up over (IMO).  If we actually care about the issues facing Canadians, we'd do a lot better talking about them rather than getting carrying on about Trudeau getting his picture taken with some drag queens.  

Edited by Moonbox

On 11/10/2022 at 6:31 PM, Army Guy said:

The first world leader, just another WOW moment, it never stops. Can't tackle any real issues in the nation, but he is all over this one, liberals must be proud he is taken his feminist side one step further. 

Justin Trudeau is the First World Leader to Appear on a ‘Drag Race’ Franchise (msn.com)

I wouldn't call it feminism, not at all but it's definitely femisism.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Moonbox said:

What's rhetorical about it?  Why do we care what the leadership of crapholes like Iraq or Iran think?  What do we need the approval of Russia for?  

We have no nukes, nor do we have a big military, nor have we ever tried to threaten anyone with hard power.  Why are we even talking about anyone taking Canada's threats seriously?  The only clout we have is economic and maybe as a reliable intermediary between other middle powers and our big boy neighbour to the south.  

That's fair, but I think the only reason we're talking about it is because it's drag queens.  

I'm not very good at articulating the why so i'll give it to you in Military speak, a leader must be able to talk to the great minds of our times, and also to the private on the ground, he must know their strengths and weakness, their culture, their religion, everything that makes them tick, we never know who we will be discussing anything with be it about hostages, trade, economics, to peace or war. we don't need them to approve of us, but we do need them to respect us, at least enough to converse. If not, then we only leave the use of force as the first and only choice. 

One does not have to have a large Military to be respected, and we have often used hard power to make our point such as in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Haiti (coup) and peace keeping, Yugo the list goes on.

It goes beyond threats or use of force, if you take away another nation ability to take you serious then like i have said before all that is left is force, be it military or sanctions etc. why would you not want our nation's leaders to at least uphold a standard that has been set by previous PMs as a code of conduct.

Canadians have been talking about Justins actions for a while now, not just a drag queen tv show, acts like taking a knee for BLM, going to Pride parade, convoy, his nick name sock boy, where did that come from, etc,  all effect how our nation is seen globally, and domestically. it affects the outcome of everything the PM touches or handles. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I don't care about this story.  But he never gives up a chance to signal his virtue.

Yeah I can agree with this 100%

@Army Guy

I struggle to imagine a situation where Xi Jinping is figuring, “Canada is so easily bullied.  That Trudeau guy hung out with cross-dressers on Tv.”  

Geopolitical decisions are made with more consideration than that. Serious leaders don’t make plans based on unserious things like this.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Moonbox said:

1. Showing up and demonstrating solidarity with a marginalized minority, I don't think, conflicts with caring about healthcare or inflation.

2.  If he'd have shown up on Jackass 4.5 then you could sum it up to "yukking it up" but this was obviously a calculated political move to appeal to social progressives.  

3. Again, I'm really struggling to see how this hurts/harms anyone, or is even in poor taste for that matter, unless there's something particularly offensive about drag-queens. 

4. Like I said, if he'd gone to for a photo-op at a Church picnic, or a Montreal Canadians game, would we even be talking about this?  

1. What minority?  Cross dressers aren't a minority, they're entertainers.  If he marched in the AIDS walk or Pride that would be ok with me.

2. Ok, that supports my point.  And a calculated move to appeal to a group that already knows his positions is bad strategy too IMO

3. Nobody is hurt, nor is it in poor taste.  It's just not a good look to appear on a kind of TV party when we're enmeshed in levels of crisis.

4. Well, no.  Nor would we if he went to a state funeral or a retirement home.  We would be taking about it if he went on So You Think You Can Dance or The Masked Singer though.  Context.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I'm not offended, disappointed is a better word, He is after all the face of this nation and represents it on a global scale. one would have to ask the question is this the action of a Nations leader we come to expect. So far I'd say no, as this is the first nation leader to do so, why is that. Next is this part of his job description or expected activates for a nation's leader, this is all about media time, nothing more. a sad excuse really when this country is in crises with much bigger fish to fry, compare to Canadians losing their homes or unable to feed themselves so there is that it, being inappropriate for the time. And yes i expect him to be working on one of those files, not prancing around on a game show.

That is the problem with a lot of Canadians we have been bombarded by behavior that is not of the norm, that now it does not register at all, we shrug our shoulders and carry on. And i don't recall anyone raging about it, perhaps calling it out, or voicing our dislike, but raging does not fit any definition of what is going on here. 

It cost Justin his public opinion numbers, it cost Canada's image and global opinion numbers as well, It has not harmed me that i know of, however there are Canadians that depend on our nations standing, ie soldiers/ diplomates if our enemies think we are weak or unmanly then yes it does place them in danger. 

Perfectly said!  Justin Trudeau (unfortunately) has the job of representing all of us.  I am personally embarrassed that the Prime Minister will be appearing on this show.  I agree with you that we have collectively become desensitized to this level of BS, and let it go by, rather than speaking out.  

The image that this type of behvaviour paints is of a country of weak, effeminate men; and a vacuous leader with with no substance.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I don't care about this story.  But he never gives up a chance to signal his virtue.

Me either, but he doesn't seem interested in rolling up his sleeves and getting to work for Canadian people. If he did that I wouldn't give a sh** what he does in his spare time.

This week the feds walked out on a premier's meeting in BC to discuss the crisis in health care. Canadians are in the midst of an emergency and need big money to fix big problems. Other countries have borrowed to ease inflation and keep cost of living down. Meanwhile our playboy PM is distracted.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Other countries have borrowed to ease inflation and keep cost of living down.

that doesn't work

inflation is caused by too many dollars flooding into the economy,

without a corresponding increase in productivity

more dollars chasing the same or fewer products, simply bids all the prices up across the board

flooding more dollars into the economy simply throws gasoline on the fire

the only way to ease inflation, is to raise interest rates well above the inflation rate

to remove dollars from the economy, inciting demand destruction, lowering prices across the board

the economy is so debt burdened by this point however,

that doing so would incite a massive deflationary correction

so the central banks are now trapped, in a puzzle of their own making

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

that doesn't work

inflation is caused by too many dollars flooding into the economy,

without a corresponding increase in productivity

more dollars chasing the same or fewer products, simply bids all the prices up across the board

flooding more dollars into the economy simply throws gasoline on the fire

the only way to ease inflation, is to raise interest rates well above the inflation rate

to remove dollars from the economy, inciting demand destruction, lowering prices across the board

the economy is so debt burdened by this point however,

that doing so would incite a massive deflationary correction

so the central banks are now trapped, in a puzzle of their own making

I know, but at least borrowing could take some of the edge off for the poor among us.

I'm just an ordinary citizen. It's not my job to figure out what works. That should be the job of government. But I can see where the problems are, and right now there are so many I could write until my thumb falls off.

And yet I am certain if an election were held today his supporters would give him the win.

We get the government we deserve, in a demockracy

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

I know, but at least borrowing could take some of the edge off for the poor among us.

it doesn't tho

borrowing more simply devalues the dollars which they are paid

while their wages are not rising at anywhere near the same rate

so borrowing at this juncture is simply making the poor poorer

meanwhile, the asset holders, the comparatively wealthy,

make out like bandits, in the real estate & stock markets

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I'm just an ordinary citizen. It's not my job to figure out what works. That should be the job of government.

as an Ulster Orangeman of Upper Canada, I don't see it that way

in my mind, the government works for us, not the other way round

furthermore, the MP's are not actually all that knowledgeable

the way a Westminster Parliament is supposed to work, is that we the commoners tell the MP's what to do

since it was founded by William III, Prince of Orange, in the Glorious Revolution of 1688

the birth of the modern British liberal state

consent of the governed, by the supremacy of God & the rule of law

the greatest civilization that ever was

hallelujah

20 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Prime Minister Harper appeared on the Rick Mercer Report. What is the difference?

Crossdressing has nothing to do with political leaning. The Chief of the Imperial German General Staff, FBI Director Hoover, film star Randolph Scott...the list goes on. It has nothing to do with left or right, gay or straight or feminism. It is all about fashion choice and having a good time. The critics of the Prime Minister taking a few minutes out of his day to drop in on the Drag Race should stop getting their panties in a twist and lighten up. ??

If I had to take a guess, I would bet that 99.9% of drag queens would reliably vote for left-leaning parties like the Liberals and NDP. That would be about the same percentage as journalists.

Photo ops are right up Trudeau's alley. No time for enacting common-sense policies or dealing with serious issues.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

We get the government we deserve, in a demockracy

none the less, as a Royal Canadian Infantry Corps Reconnaissance Patrolman

I am bound by solemn oath before God himself, hand on the King James Bible at St Andrew's Church in Toronto

to execute the following tasks on behalf of the Crown

1. decline to obey unlawful orders, defend & uphold the supremacy of God & rule of law, as per the Charter

2. endure hardship gladly, while ensuring the welfare of the brothers to the left & right of me, men before self

3. carry out the Commander-in-Chief's intent, by mission command, mission before men

4. patrol forward into no man's land to gather intelligence

5. provide accurate patrol reports & the best advice to the chain of command as I am able

do it right, the fist time, every single time, even when nobody is watching, especially when nobody is watching

Ducimus