Here we go again the liberals setting a standard for femisism.

Army Guy

The first world leader, just another WOW moment, it never stops. Can't tackle any real issues in the nation, but he is all over this one, liberals must be proud he is taken his feminist side one step further. 

Justin Trudeau is the First World Leader to Appear on a ‘Drag Race’ Franchise (msn.com)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

The first world leader, just another WOW moment, it never stops. Can't tackle any real issues in the nation, but he is all over this one, liberals must be proud he is taken his feminist side one step further. 

Justin Trudeau is the First World Leader to Appear on a ‘Drag Race’ Franchise (msn.com)

Yeah, doesn't he have better things to do?  Pretty sure he/we can support the rights and freedoms of LGBTQ+ without appearing on TV.  PP should have no trouble getting elected at this rate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

My wife is super ticked that he's gaining political points with Drag Race while ignoring and breaking numerous promises to the gay community.

• Like 2

Haven't you guys learned that this government is all about the look, the style, the promise, and not so much on the actual doing? The doing isn't necessary if you mouth the right words and look concerned or stern, or whatever it is you've practiced in the mirror. Especially given what a complacent press we have.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

What offends you about this, precisely?  

My reaction?  Nothing.  I saw this and literally didn't spare it a single thought until people started raging about it.  

What did this cost Trudeau?  How did this harm you, or anyone, anywhere, ever?  

• Haha 1

I think his appearing on this show is ridiculous and makes a mockery of the office of Prime Minister.   That people casually read this in the paper without flinching is evidence that Canadians  have bought into the woke agenda completely.

His appearance on the Drag Race show is simply the Canadian answer to Biden's entertaining Dylan Mulvaney.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I'll tell you why I don't like it.  I'm not offended but I think that it's tone deaf.

I still don’t really understand why.  What is tone deaf about it?  

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Our problems, at present, are grave and if the PM went on Wheel of Fortune I would be just as disappointed.

I’m not so sure.  That Trudeau is a frivolous lightweight is firmly established by now.  For clueless and tone-deaf we have his trip to India, which I’d say was far more embarrassing to this.  I don’t see how this is any different than showing up to a Pride Parade, or getting photographed at a Church Picnic (which you know the same folk would not have complained about).  

Yes, Canada has problems, but the idea that our leaders are sitting in the war room with advisors 24/7 coming up with solutions to complicated problems like inflation or Ukraine is not the reality.  

Biden and Trudeau will now really go all out on their progressivism.  Maybe Blackface will really push his feminism rhetoric now.  This extreme progressivism will hurt most Canadians but is nothing more than a tool to try to get more votes.  Many suckers fall for it thinking this is what "human rights" are all about.  Well, not really what it is all about.  If you think Canada needs Trudeau and Biden progressivism to defend human rights, take a look at Iran or Afghanistan.  You will realize Trudeau and Biden's ideas are phony.  Drag queens have absolutely nothing to do with freedom or feminism and western society.  There are a few around but nobody cares.  They are free to act out.  

Joel Kotkin: Now watch Biden and Trudeau escalate their extreme progressivism (msn.com)

Prime Minister Harper appeared on the Rick Mercer Report. What is the difference?

Crossdressing has nothing to do with political leaning. The Chief of the Imperial German General Staff, FBI Director Hoover, film star Randolph Scott...the list goes on. It has nothing to do with left or right, gay or straight or feminism. It is all about fashion choice and having a good time. The critics of the Prime Minister taking a few minutes out of his day to drop in on the Drag Race should stop getting their panties in a twist and lighten up. ??

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Prime Minister Harper appeared on the Rick Mercer Report. What is the difference?

Crossdressing has nothing to do with political leaning. The Chief of the Imperial German General Staff, FBI Director Hoover, film star Randolph Scott...the list goes on. It has nothing to do with left or right, gay or straight or feminism. It is all about fashion choice and having a good time. The critics of the Prime Minister taking a few minutes out of his day to drop in on the Drag Race should stop getting their panties in a twist and lighten up. ??

It's your panties that are "in a twist" . . . . what ever that clown does is ok with you.  Ever wonder why other world leaders snub and ignore that elected Canadian embarrassment?  Why don't you give your clown some pointers on wearing fishnet stockings  . . . . guessing that you would know.  ?? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RollingtheBall said:

I think his appearing on this show is ridiculous and makes a mockery of the office of Prime Minister.   That people casually read this in the paper without flinching is evidence that Canadians  have bought into the woke agenda completely.

His appearance on the Drag Race show is simply the Canadian answer to Biden's entertaining Dylan Mulvaney.

Trudeau has probably calculated that the usual reactionary suspects who read this and freak out the way they do will do more to wake people up than anything.

It also provides a distraction that prevents people from paying attention to actual issues like health care, climate change and an increasingly autocratic, authoritarian world.

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

It's your panties that are "in a twist" . . . . what ever that clown does is ok with you.  Ever wonder why other world leaders snub and ignore that elected Canadian embarrassment?  Why don't you give your clown some pointers on wearing fishnet stockings  . . . . guessing that you would know.  ?? 

Why are you embarrassed by this? Is it possible you are trying to convince yourself that deep down, you are tempted to put on a frock and perform at the Twisted Element in Calgary? Just a little bit?? ?

Nice heels in your emoji, by the way. You have good taste.

IIRC, the last Prime Minister to be Grand Marshal of Calgary's Pride Parade was a Conservative. I'm not sure if He was PM at the time, but he was definitely a Conservative.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonbox said:

For clueless and tone-deaf we have his trip to India, which I’d say was far more embarrassing to this.  I don’t see how this is any different than showing up to a Pride Parade, or getting photographed at a Church Picnic (which you know the same folk would not have complained about).  

Yes, Canada has problems, but the idea that our leaders are sitting in the war room with advisors 24/7 coming up with solutions to complicated problems like inflation or Ukraine is not the reality.  

Yes, tone deaf.  What if he had done that as Covid was starting to hit?

The economy, healthcare and such reflect times that are beyond difficult for a large number of Canadians.

They (we) are not comforted seeing our PM yukking it up in a dress on TV.  That's more of a Giuliani thing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Why are you embarrassed by this? Is it possible you are trying to convince yourself that deep down, you are tempted to put on a frock and perform at the Twisted Element in Calgary? Just a little bit?? ?

Nice heels in your emoji, by the way. You have good taste.

IIRC, the last Prime Minister to be Grand Marshal of Calgary's Pride Parade was a Conservative. I'm not sure if He was PM at the time, but he was definitely a Conservative.

Does Trudeau act like a world leader?   Are you proud of him and his accomplishments?   Is Canada a better place since Trudeau became PM?   Are the Canadian citizens better off  since Trudeau became PM?

Go ahead and blame everything on truckers, Covid-19, un-vaccinated, or any of the myriad excuses you and Trudeau can dream up.

Everything is just a photo-op for Trudeau . . . . . and that's ok with you.

Carry on, no one takes you seriously.

17 hours ago, Moonbox said:

What offends you about this, precisely?  

My reaction?  Nothing.  I saw this and literally didn't spare it a single thought until people started raging about it.  

What did this cost Trudeau?  How did this harm you, or anyone, anywhere, ever?  

I'm not offended, disappointed is a better word, He is after all the face of this nation and represents it on a global scale. one would have to ask the question is this the action of a Nations leader we come to expect. So far I'd say no, as this is the first nation leader to do so, why is that. Next is this part of his job description or expected activates for a nation's leader, this is all about media time, nothing more. a sad excuse really when this country is in crises with much bigger fish to fry, compare to Canadians losing their homes or unable to feed themselves so there is that it, being inappropriate for the time. And yes i expect him to be working on one of those files, not prancing around on a game show.

That is the problem with a lot of Canadians we have been bombarded by behavior that is not of the norm, that now it does not register at all, we shrug our shoulders and carry on. And i don't recall anyone raging about it, perhaps calling it out, or voicing our dislike, but raging does not fit any definition of what is going on here. 

It cost Justin his public opinion numbers, it cost Canada's image and global opinion numbers as well, It has not harmed me that i know of, however there are Canadians that depend on our nations standing, ie soldiers/ diplomates if our enemies think we are weak or unmanly then yes it does place them in danger. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yes, tone deaf.  What if he had done that as Covid was starting to hit?

Well he'd have been a hypocrite for not staying at home, but he didn't do that.  

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

The economy, healthcare and such reflect times that are beyond difficult for a large number of Canadians.

They (we) are not comforted seeing our PM yukking it up in a dress on TV.  That's more of a Giuliani thing.

Showing up and demonstrating solidarity with a marginalized minority, I don't think, conflicts with caring about healthcare or inflation.  If he'd have shown up on Jackass 4.5 then you could sum it up to "yukking it up" but this was obviously a calculated political move to appeal to social progressives.  

Again, I'm really struggling to see how this hurts/harms anyone, or is even in poor taste for that matter, unless there's something particularly offensive about drag-queens.  Like I said, if he'd gone to for a photo-op at a Church picnic, or a Montreal Canadians game, would we even be talking about this?  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Do you think other world leaders are going to see this in the same light as you are, let's say Iran, Iraq, Russia, or many of the others. Shit, you think Biden or God forbid Trump gets back in, going to take him or Canada seriously. The bottom line is it beneficial to the country, when Justin may have to talk tough to release a hostage or threaten military action.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Does Trudeau act like a world leader?   Are you proud of him and his accomplishments?   Is Canada a better place since Trudeau became PM?   Are the Canadian citizens better off  since Trudeau became PM?

Go ahead and blame everything on truckers, Covid-19, un-vaccinated, or any of the myriad excuses you and Trudeau can dream up.

Everything is just a photo-op for Trudeau . . . . . and that's ok with you.

Carry on, no one takes you seriously.

So how was Prime Minister Harper going on the Rick Mercer Report any different? 

I give Prime Minister Trudeau credit for creating the coalition of Conservatives, Liberals and New Democrats that saved NAFTA from a hostile push by the US and then again to respond to the threat of the dadly pandemic. I am not saying Mr. Harper would not have done less, but those are major accomplishments by a team of Canadians who set patisanship aside for the good of the country. 

I can't help but think you have an unhealthy issue with drag queens. Are you also afraid of drag kings?

24 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Do you think other world leaders are going to see this in the same light as you are, let's say Iran, Iraq, Russia, or many of the others.

Well, the Mullahs of Iran and the failed Moscow taxi driver are not famous for their sense of humour or fun, but who knows what they get up to behind closed doors. 

People still bought tickets to watch Randolph Scott's westerns, and respected the FBI when J. Edgar Hoover was Director. What is it about appearing on a TV show detracts from a politician's respect. Prime Minister Harper even appeared on Corner Gas. So did Premier Brad Wall. Did they lose the respect of foreign leaders? When Trudeau stepped into a boxing ring and beat the stuffing out of Conservative Senator Patrick Brazeau, did he lose the respect of world leaders? 

For the record, my respect for Senator Brazeau went up for having the courage to meet Mr. Trudeau in the ring.

Edited by Queenmandy85