Are American elections rigged?

1 hour ago, West said:

A day later and still no calls. Probably a rigged voting system 

What does "no calls" mean? There are numerous vote counts reported and the analysis of experts which tell us the winner with near mathematical certainty (before the actual totals have been collected). 

Collecting thousands of vote totals reliably and securely is more complex than most people can understand.

Esp when the public has been fear mongered into not trusting computers and refuses to invest in a highly secure single system.

In one sense, leaving the choice of systems to individual states makes the systems more difficult to corrupt since the whole system is much more difficult to hack.

5 hours ago, eyeball said:

Their elections are like watching paint dry.  Pick it up a pace for crying out loud it's 20 freakin' 22 already!                                

The Republicans want it this way.

They passed laws that vote by mail and absentee ballots cannot be opened or counted until Election Day.  

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

The Republicans want it this way.

They passed laws that vote by mail and absentee ballots cannot be opened or counted until Election Day.  

And yet Florida and most states were able to produce results on election night.

Why would anyone argue that this is anything but incompetence?

• Like 3

Just now, Nationalist said:

You tell me. 
Look at the AZ governor’s race. AZ law, passed by Republicans, says that mail in and absentee ballots can ONLY be counted on Election Day AND all signatures must be verified.  So because of the unnecessary rules that the republicans put in place, AZ doesn’t know who won yet, although I’m willing to wager the Democrat won. 

1 minute ago, Rebound said:

You tell me. 
Look at the AZ governor’s race. AZ law, passed by Republicans, says that mail in and absentee ballots can ONLY be counted on Election Day AND all signatures must be verified.  So because of the unnecessary rules that the republicans put in place, AZ doesn’t know who won yet, although I’m willing to wager the Democrat won. 

And yet most states have been able to count. Hey isn't that dullard Hobbs in charge of the election there?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

And yet most states have been able to count. Hey isn't that dullard Hobbs in charge of the election there?

Can you f-ing read? 
Each state passes their own laws.  I don’t have to sign my vote by mail ballot in my state, but in AZ, they have to be signed and the signatures have too be verified against a database by hand and they cannot begin doing this until Election Day.  

That’s the rule the dumb AZ Republicans passed so that’s what it is. 

7 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Can you f-ing read? 
Each state passes their own laws.  I don’t have to sign my vote by mail ballot in my state, but in AZ, they have to be signed and the signatures have too be verified against a database by hand and they cannot begin doing this until Election Day.  

That’s the rule the dumb AZ Republicans passed so that’s what it is. 

Hmm...so Hobbs is in charge of the election process. And quite coincidentally...they can't manage to count. 

'Oh it's the printers...Oh it's the tabulation machines...'

Oh it's what happens when dullards try to run things.

Edited by Nationalist

10 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Hmm...so Hobbs is in charge of the election process. And quite coincidentally...they can't manage to count. 

'Oh it's the printers...Oh it's the tabulation machines...'

Oh it's what happens when dullards try to run things.

Tell us how to hand open and hand signature verify 1 million paper ballots in one day. 
It took the Cyber Ninjas four months to do that. 

There are alternatives: Tabulate ballots before Election Day. Don’t require signature verification (they don’t signature verify when you walk in to vote). Use a 100% vote by mail system. There are plenty of ways to make it faster. But your party wants to make it deliberately slow so that boneheads like you can point fingers.  

Edited by Rebound

11 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Tell us how to hand open and hand signature verify 1 million paper ballots in one day. 
It took the Cyber Ninjas four months to do that. 

There are alternatives: Tabulate ballots before Election Day. Don’t require signature verification (they don’t signature verify when you walk in to vote). Use a 100% vote by mail system. There are plenty of ways to make it faster. But your party wants to make it deliberately slow so that boneheads like you can point fingers.  

Except most states managed.

Isn't it "interesting" that the 2 senate seats left, with control of the senate in the balance, can't seem to count?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Not really. Voting and counting in AZ is managed at the county level. 

Remember how Republicans and their sympathizers cried foul and fraud about the voting machines in Maricopa county? Guess which party runs those processes on Maricopa county?

9 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Not really. Voting and counting in AZ is managed at the county level. 

Remember how Republicans and their sympathizers cried foul and fraud about the voting machines in Maricopa county? Guess which party runs those processes on Maricopa county?

Hobbs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

Some of these states mandate that these mail in ballots can't be counted until after the election day ballots. So perhaps have Universal elections laws like we have in Canada and this wouldn't be a problem. 

Perhaps. But a little common sense wouldn't hurt as well. As I understand it, Hobbs decided to reduce the number of polling stations. This was a very stupid decision. 

Because Florida doesn't have such laws. 

Tell these Swing states their laws are incompetent, but they aren't producing fraud. 

I'm sure these states are used to races that can be called the night-of because they were so Republican. But they've become way more polarized. 

The Ohio's and Floridas of the early 2000's have become the Arizona's and Georgia's of the 2020's. 

According to Suetonius, Caligula promoted his horse to Senate consul. I figure we're around there in terms of the Fall of the Empire. Pass that gold-leafed Harvest Crunch to Fetterman. He looks a bit hungry.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Boges said:

Because Florida doesn't have such laws. 

Tell these Swing states their laws are incompetent, but they aren't producing fraud. 

I'm sure these states are used to races that can be called the night-of because they were so Republican. But they've become way more polarized. 

The Ohio's and Floridas of the early 2000's have become the Arizona's and Georgia's of the 2020's. 

I still don't understand why normal election day voting on paper isn't being used. All this turkey shit does is create suspicion. 

And the truth about electronic voting machines is...they can ALL be hacked.

This was common knowledge just a few years ago.

Edited by Nationalist

Hobbs.

I thought that the implication was pretty clear in the way I phrased the question, but for the slower among us, no, it's not Hobbs. As I already said, it's managed at the county level.

Elections In Maricopa County

The Maricopa County Elections Department, supported by the Board of Supervisors and Recorder's Office, administers city, town, school district, special district, state and federal elections in Maricopa County, the second largest voting jurisdiction in the country.

And the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, you ask? Yeah, that's 4 Republicans and one Democrat. And a Republican Senate. And a Republican House. And a Republican Governor. 

Hey, maybe the Republicans "rigged" the machines just to give you conspiracy kooks something to talk about.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I still don't understand why normal election day voting on paper isn't being used. All this turkey shit does is create suspicion. 

And the truth about electronic voting machines is...they can ALL be hacked.

This was common knowledge just a few years ago.

FYI, Maricopa County DOES vote on paper. The malfunction was that the scanning machines weren't reading the ballots properly.

So it takes longer to count by hand. Which also raises suspicion with "you people."

You know how Kari Lake proposed to fix it once the Republicans were elected to take control from the Republicans? Hand count everything!

Wheeeeee. 

17 minutes ago, Hodad said:

I thought that the implication was pretty clear in the way I phrased the question, but for the slower among us, no, it's not Hobbs. As I already said, it's managed at the county level.

Elections In Maricopa County

The Maricopa County Elections Department, supported by the Board of Supervisors and Recorder's Office, administers city, town, school district, special district, state and federal elections in Maricopa County, the second largest voting jurisdiction in the country.

And the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, you ask? Yeah, that's 4 Republicans and one Democrat. And a Republican Senate. And a Republican House. And a Republican Governor. 

Hey, maybe the Republicans "rigged" the machines just to give you conspiracy kooks something to talk about.

The Arizona secretary of state is responsible for elections in Arizona.

The Arizona secretary of state is...

Hobbs.!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hodad said:

FYI, Maricopa County DOES vote on paper. The malfunction was that the scanning machines weren't reading the ballots properly.

So it takes longer to count by hand. Which also raises suspicion with "you people."

You know how Kari Lake proposed to fix it once the Republicans were elected to take control from the Republicans? Hand count everything!

Wheeeeee. 

And more, smaller polling stations.

Did you conveniently forget that?

'OH our printers don't work.'

Forget that one too?

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1