This Forum Is Compromised

Zeitgeist

23 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I had no swearing.  It really makes me question.  It felt like I wasn’t allowed to criticize the government’s relationship with China.  

That makes no sense since there is already a thread criticizing the governments relationship with China.

• Forum Admin
43 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It really makes me question.  It felt like I wasn’t allowed to criticize the government’s relationship with China.

Canada's relationship with China...? why the hell would I care what you have to say about Canada's relationship with China?

You do realize that this forum/website isn't hosted in Canada, nor do I even live in Canada.

And it would be a cold day in hell that I allowed any government to tell me what can and cannot be posted in these forums.

I'd pull the plug before I ever allowed that type of nonsense.

@Rebound and @ExFlyer are likely correct, you could have just triggered the banned word filter.

50 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

This is the problem with setting up algorithms to automatically moderate content.  It seems the filter is too strong.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but there isn't any sophisticated AI automatically moderating your posts...

it's literally a "bad" word filter - if you use a specific word, your post is flagged for editing.  I could have the post flagged for moderation, but than that just adds to me work load.

For those who are curious, here is the current list of bad words:

image.png

2 hours ago, Greg said:

it's literally a "bad" word filter - if you use a specific word, your post is flagged for editing.  I could have the post flagged for moderation, but than that just adds to me work load.

I get crunched for trying to use 'M0rOn every once in awhile. The first time I was like, "Hey, have I been hacked."  But then figured it out and said to myself, 'What a M0r0n.'

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

What conspiracy?  Everything I mention is there for you to see, including when government redacts information.  I just call poor performance out instead of making excuses for it.

That your first reflex was to proclaim the forum was "compromised" because your post didn't go through is...telling.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Greg said:

Canada's relationship with China...? why the hell would I care what you have to say about Canada's relationship with China?

You do realize that this forum/website isn't hosted in Canada, nor do I even live in Canada.

And it would be a cold day in hell that I allowed any government to tell me what can and cannot be posted in these forums.

I'd pull the plug before I ever allowed that type of nonsense.

@Rebound and @ExFlyer are likely correct, you could have just triggered the banned word filter.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but there isn't any sophisticated AI automatically moderating your posts...

For those who are curious, here is the current list of bad words:

image.png

I'm gratified that twat is still okay. Though that word doesn't get the appreciation it does in Britain.

Edited by I am Groot

• Forum Admin
2 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Gone south like so many other tech types

That’s a fairly accurate description, but it’s less about salary and taxes (but those do help), and more about overall lifestyle that certain areas of the US can provide.

2 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

No more Charles Anthony?  . . . . . . . what a shame.

Agreed, Charles has decided to take some time off.

14 hours ago, Greg said:

I did, however no longer.

So... Beijing?

;)

5 hours ago, Greg said:

Ha, and you guys are surprised Charles needed to take a vacation?

You twats are a lot of work ;) 

I would love to see the data on workload from the left-leaning vs right. Both complainants and complainees as I believe right wingers don't complain as much.

Just sayin...