Jump to content

China has infiltrated the federal government


Moonlight Graham

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

No, that’s a simpleton, unrealistic view of selling resources. 

It's good enough for government work. The market for the likes of coal is worldwide and there is no preference given to sellers except for on price and reliability. Which is why countries have no problem buying oil and gas from the likes of Russia, Venezuela or Saudi Arabia.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, I am Groot said:

It's good enough for government work. The market for the likes of coal is worldwide and there is no preference given to sellers except for on price and reliability. Which is why countries have no problem buying oil and gas from the likes of Russia, Venezuela or Saudi Arabia.

You can't stand up for human rights while you're sitting down with dictators. Human rights should have been at the top of our list of conditions for trading anything with anyone decades ago. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

You can't stand up for human rights while you're sitting down with dictators. Human rights should have been at the top of our list of conditions for trading anything with anyone decades ago. 

The problem is few of the world's countries meet up with our belief in human rights. And that includes many of the democracies. Japan? India? Singapore? Mexico? Indonesia? Pakistan? Gross violations of human rights happen in these countries all the time. Never mind the actual dictatorships, which is most of the rest of the world.

And most of the 'good' countries are in the EU, which has a tariff wall up around it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

The problem is few of the world's countries meet up with our belief in human rights.

Same blah blah blah were hear on climate change for decades and decades. I simply don't care.

Our grandparents sacrificed some 40% of their GDP to fight tyranny, I guess it wasn't enough.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

You can't stand up for human rights while you're sitting down with dictators. Human rights should have been at the top of our list of conditions for trading anything with anyone decades ago. 

What is it with Libbies that they are slaves to their feelings? It's just so...juvenile. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

What is it with Libbies that they are slaves to their feelings? It's just so...juvenile.

Well, there's a lot of truth to the idea that we should have learned everything we need to know how to get along in the world by the time we graduate kindergarten.

The pagan ethos you 'adults' subscribe to is so...cro magnon. Not  to mention phony as a three dollar bill.

Edited by eyeball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Well, there's a lot of truth to the idea that we should have learned everything we need to know how to get along in the world by the time we graduate kindergarten.

The pagan ethos you 'adults' subscribe to is so...cro magnon.

Perhaps...but it produces positive results...not recessions and pixie-dust.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Perhaps...but it produces positive results...not recessions and pixie-dust.

No all it produces is more dictators. Like I said it's as phony as a three dollar bill.

They thought of sacrificing any GDP makes you curl up in the fetal position.

Edited by eyeball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

Same blah blah blah were hear on climate change for decades and decades. I simply don't care.

Our grandparents sacrificed some 40% of their GDP to fight tyranny, I guess it wasn't enough.

Our grandparents sacrificed to safeguard themselves. I mean, not to demean them in any way but they don't fight the Germans just because it was the moral thing to do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Our grandparents sacrificed to safeguard themselves. I mean, not to demean them in any way but they don't fight the Germans just because it was the moral thing to do. 

Like I said their sacrifice fell short but all the same even then they knew appeasing tyranny was the wrong path to take.

That our stated principles are our only real safeguard is made more obvious as the shitty world we inherited just keeps getting shittier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, eyeball said:

No all it produces is more dictators. Like I said it's as phony as a three dollar bill.

They thought of sacrificing any GDP makes you curl up in the fetal position.

I saw an ad this morning of li'l Justin on that transvestite show. He's a constant embarrassment to Canada. Your desperate attempt to equate mature ideas of leadership, with "dictators", is the panicked act of a person trying to justify endless failure.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, eyeball said:

Like I said their sacrifice fell short but all the same even then they knew appeasing tyranny was the wrong path to take.

That our stated principles are our only real safeguard is made more obvious as the shitty world we inherited just keeps getting shittier.

Yes well...if you emotional basket cases would get the hell outta the way, I think we can still fix this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The CCP has infiltrated all levels of Canadian society and government.  It is not just one area as the occasional media report seems to imply.  Read the book "Claws of the Panda" by Jonathan Manthorpe.

The fact that China simply sets up lobbying and policing here, sends bio war researchers to steal secrets that threaten national security, and generally buys up and uses our resources and tech to advance its own interests in plain site is really all we need to know.  As usual, this government is in panic cleanup mode suddenly standing up to China.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The fact that China simply sets up lobbying and policing here, sends bio war researchers to steal secrets that threaten national security, and generally buys up and uses our resources and tech to advance its own interests in plain site is really all we need to know.  As usual, this government is in panic cleanup mode suddenly standing up to China.  

I think Trudeau's feeble effort to scold Xi is nothing more than a show and charade for domestic consumption.  The liberals and left have no intention of seriously doing anything about the CCP's massive influence and infiltration of Canada.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I saw an ad this morning of li'l Justin on that transvestite show. He's a constant embarrassment to Canada. 

Yeah he's a pretty silly little dilettante isn't he?

 

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Your desperate attempt to equate mature ideas of leadership, with "dictators", is the panicked act of a person trying to justify endless failure

Your silly attempt to interpret my comments as being supportive of him is pretty amaturish too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Did I say you support Pixey-Dust?

In so many words yes. You seem to think P-D is my idea of mature leadership.

33 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Your desperate attempt to equate mature ideas of leadership, with "dictators", is the panicked act of a person trying to justify endless failur

If you meant something else feel free to make that more clear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Our grandparents sacrificed to safeguard themselves. I mean, not to demean them in any way but they don't fight the Germans just because it was the moral thing to do. 

I don't know if that's true, but I do think that patriotism is a morality and that generation had it in spades.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,418
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    stevenwilson
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • ironstone went up a rank
      Grand Master
    • reason10 went up a rank
      Veteran
    • Manymoons11 earned a badge
      First Post
    • LTJ earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • akayy earned a badge
      One Month Later
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...