China has infiltrated the federal government

9 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Some people call you a Marxist for getting the vaccine too.

There's nothing wrong with getting the jab.

I'd even argue that it was extremely important for some people to get the jab, otherwise we'd never know if it worked. 

It was never ok to join in the mob mentality of using words like anti-vaxer, shame people for their choice, show tacit support for vax mandates by carrying a vax passport, to openly advocate for the vax passport, to support the gov't's decision to force people to vax, or to lie about the success of the jabs.  

I wish that it was never reasonable to use words like vax-Nazi, but it was a pretty obvious choice. 

On 11/7/2022 at 3:48 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

So what are the feds doing about this?  Where is the legislation?  Are foreign agents being removed from these legislator offices?

They promote multiculturalism , so the Chinese agents are nicely balanced with agents from India, the Philippines and all other countries imaginable.?

• Like 1

This isn't from Canada, but it demonstrates the weakness of the West in dealing with autocratic governments like China. The weakness is called 'greed' and China influences western countries not just through buying off their political leadership but by buying off their corporate leaders, as well. These, in turn, do their best to influence political leaders in the direction China wants.

The example of today is Michael Bloomberg, former mayor of New York city and former presidential primary candidate. The other day he made a public apology at a business conference the Bloomberg group sponsored because UK ex-PM Boris Johnson said bad things about China. Bloomberg is one of the richest and most powerful men in the world, with an estimated net worth of over $75 billion. But terror of giving offense to China still robs him of anything resembling a spine or any shadow of morality.

"Some may have been insulted or offended last night by parts of the speaker’s remarks referencing certain countries and their duly elected leaders," Bloomberg said in remarks posted on Twitter.

Referring to Johnson, Bloomberg said: "Those were his thoughts and his thoughts alone, not cleared in advance by anyone or shared with me personally... To those of you who were upset and concerned by what the speaker said, you have my apologies."

Imagine apologizing to the 'duly elected' leaders of China! And to think this guy ran for president. It just goes to show that it doesn't matter how much money you have. You can still be captive to special interests and still be greedy beyond measure. And if Bloomberg can be bought and paid for imagine how responsive the corporate honchos and political operators in Canada are!

There is a quote variously attributed to Marx, Lenin and Stalin that sums up men like Bloomberg: "The Capitalists will sell us the rope we use to hang them."

https://www.reuters.com/world/michael-bloomberg-apologises-boris-johnson-speech-criticising-china-2022-11-20/?utm_source=ground.news&utm_medium=referral

8 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

There is a quote variously attributed to Marx, Lenin and Stalin that sums up men like Bloomberg: "The Capitalists will sell us the rope we use to hang them.

I bet you've rolled your eyes every time a lefty has pointed this out in the past.

I doubt a woke right-wing is going to be much use to anyone at this point. 

https://www.covidvaccineinjuries.com/covid-vaccine-stories/george-watts-jr-24-year-old-died-from-vaccine-induced-myocarditis-from-pfizer-covid-vaccine/

This guy lost out on the 40-50 best years of his life. His death is equal to the deaths of about a hundred 85 year-olds imo. 

If I live to be 85 I won't value my life above those of 20 yr olds.

Edited by WestCanMan

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

I bet you've rolled your eyes every time a lefty has pointed this out in the past.

You'd lose that bet.

I've long been an advocate for distancing ourselves from China and against their attempts to control western media, academics and politicians.

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

I doubt a woke right-wing is going to be much use to anyone at this point. 

There's no such thing as a woke right wing. We're too sensible to be woke.

• Like 1

I was pleased to see Trudeau making Xi’s day a little less comfortable but we should be realistic about how much our PMs can influence the most powerful man in the world given that they seem to have no sway over the families who run our own telecom industry. The tyrannical regime in Beijing rightly feels threatened by freedom anywhere and will work tirelessly to undermine it. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

You'd lose that bet.

I've long been an advocate for distancing ourselves from China and against their attempts to control western media, academics and politicians.

There's no such thing as a woke right wing. We're too sensible to be woke.

Really? Sure seems to me like much of the right wing can't say enough bad things about big bad corporations and greedy people theses days.

You must long be used to being labeled a commie for your views.  That's all I've ever had thrown in my face when advocating for greater distance between us and China and just about every other dictatorship too. It must have been when I suggest we also need sanction our allies for their coziness with dictators.

Edited by eyeball

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Really? Sure seems to me like much of the right wing can't say enough bad things about big bad corporations and greedy people theses days.

You must long be used to being labeled a commie for your views.  That's all I've ever had thrown in my face when advocating for greater distance between us and China and just about every other dictatorship too. It must have been when I suggest we also need sanction our allies for their coziness with dictators.

What you seem to lack is any sense of realpolitik. There are things we can do without hurting ourselves - much and there are things we can't. I am not for harming ourselves over what will mostly be nothing more than a symbolic act.

Distancing ourselves from China would hurt more but China is an existential threat to our freedom and democracy. It also cheats at trade and any other agreements it makes. The more trade you have with them the more opportunity they have to blackmail you. And they will use it at every opportunity shamelessly, brazenly not caring who knows it.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

What you seem to lack is any sense of realpolitik.

No it's my lack of desire to cave and my impatience with the typical blah blah blah about left-wing naivete and right-wing practicality.

I have no issue whatsoever giving our civilization a well deserved smack up side it's stupid head.

I'm simply combining the sentiment of the tough love page from the right wing book on discipline and the ancient observation that the path to enlightenment is painful.

I simply don't give a f*** anymore when it comes to geopolitics and feel more like these guys.

image.thumb.png.5b076c4540aeac7766b1ed7665a686ab.png

Edited by eyeball

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Can we get an example of the woke right?

Mostly it's the vaccine refusniks and free speech crybabies who come to mind - as if they just woke up to the idea that powerful governments and influential corporations collude for the mutual benefit of acquiring more wealth or power or both.  Of course this happens but not to the over-the-top scale they imagine and give voice to with some truly over-the-top rhetoric. The right-wing woke are as woke in the same manner they mock at every opportunity.  

5 hours ago, eyeball said:

Mostly it's the vaccine refusniks and free speech crybabies who come to mind - as if they just woke up to the idea that powerful governments and influential corporations collude for the mutual benefit of acquiring more wealth or power or both.  Of course this happens but not to the over-the-top scale they imagine and give voice to with some truly over-the-top rhetoric. The right-wing woke are as woke in the same manner they mock at every opportunity.  

Free speech crybabies?

So you're not in favour of free speech. Got it.

23 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Lol, oki, ArmyGuy that stands for Proud Boys to wear the green uniform. I have good memory, populist.

Do you think you can fool people because you chose an username and a picture of someone doing their service? 

Keep marching forward "soldier". ? you and your fake militia troll. 

Your motto should be:

Taking advantage, daily, of the real men that did their part for Canada. 

so F*********.

?

And your part would have been?

24 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Paying my taxes, being law abiding and giving help to real men that did their part via official channels. Also, I don't assume identity of a military. 

That is a top "sin" in my book.

What else control I have over? 

Real men? Like those who served?

3 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Yes. I am doubtfoul Thomas when it comes to military men and forums. Read your new testament story.

= )

New testament?

If I read your post correctly,  you contend Army Guy was never in the military. I don't know for sure, so I'm asking, do you know he wasn't?

How about this retiring general? Does he qualify as a real man?

6 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

No, but for sure is good to present doubt in the equation because I am not sheep like you to take people's messages on a forum as "truth"?!

Like come on, you are a Trump follower and you are pretending here to present reasonable dialogue. Ironic.

I see. So you have no idea if Army Guy was in the military, yet you question those who you categorize as "real men".

Lol...what does my political leaning have to do with this? I mean, if I'm not mistaken, you're a Polak who lived under soviet rule. Are you a double-agent for the evil Putin?

What's ironic...is some tax payer...questioning a general's comments concerning a military...this tax payer never served in.

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:

Your political leanings are your integrity card. 

You can't come here and preach reason when you are a Trump follower, a traitor to Canada in my estimation.

Call me radical, the radical new centrist. Same game as the extremes on the left/right are doing, tribalism 101.

I can play your game.

Moving forward  -> I will use more of your language to conversate with populistic chameleons. Basic, 0 and 1 type of thing.

OK...so you're full of it.

You can't come here and preach squat...when you assume dumb-ass tweenkie crap.

Tell Putin I said "hello".