China has infiltrated the federal government

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Perhaps...but it produces positive results...not recessions and pixie-dust.

No all it produces is more dictators. Like I said it's as phony as a three dollar bill.

They thought of sacrificing any GDP makes you curl up in the fetal position.

Edited by eyeball

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

Same blah blah blah were hear on climate change for decades and decades. I simply don't care.

Our grandparents sacrificed some 40% of their GDP to fight tyranny, I guess it wasn't enough.

Our grandparents sacrificed to safeguard themselves. I mean, not to demean them in any way but they don't fight the Germans just because it was the moral thing to do. 

44 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Our grandparents sacrificed to safeguard themselves. I mean, not to demean them in any way but they don't fight the Germans just because it was the moral thing to do. 

Like I said their sacrifice fell short but all the same even then they knew appeasing tyranny was the wrong path to take.

That our stated principles are our only real safeguard is made more obvious as the shitty world we inherited just keeps getting shittier.

16 hours ago, eyeball said:

No all it produces is more dictators. Like I said it's as phony as a three dollar bill.

They thought of sacrificing any GDP makes you curl up in the fetal position.

I saw an ad this morning of li'l Justin on that transvestite show. He's a constant embarrassment to Canada. Your desperate attempt to equate mature ideas of leadership, with "dictators", is the panicked act of a person trying to justify endless failure.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eyeball said:

Like I said their sacrifice fell short but all the same even then they knew appeasing tyranny was the wrong path to take.

That our stated principles are our only real safeguard is made more obvious as the shitty world we inherited just keeps getting shittier.

Yes well...if you emotional basket cases would get the hell outta the way, I think we can still fix this.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The CCP has infiltrated all levels of Canadian society and government.  It is not just one area as the occasional media report seems to imply.  Read the book "Claws of the Panda" by Jonathan Manthorpe.

The fact that China simply sets up lobbying and policing here, sends bio war researchers to steal secrets that threaten national security, and generally buys up and uses our resources and tech to advance its own interests in plain site is really all we need to know.  As usual, this government is in panic cleanup mode suddenly standing up to China.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The fact that China simply sets up lobbying and policing here, sends bio war researchers to steal secrets that threaten national security, and generally buys up and uses our resources and tech to advance its own interests in plain site is really all we need to know.  As usual, this government is in panic cleanup mode suddenly standing up to China.  

I think Trudeau's feeble effort to scold Xi is nothing more than a show and charade for domestic consumption.  The liberals and left have no intention of seriously doing anything about the CCP's massive influence and infiltration of Canada.

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I saw an ad this morning of li'l Justin on that transvestite show. He's a constant embarrassment to Canada. 

Yeah he's a pretty silly little dilettante isn't he?

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Your desperate attempt to equate mature ideas of leadership, with "dictators", is the panicked act of a person trying to justify endless failure

Your silly attempt to interpret my comments as being supportive of him is pretty amaturish too.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Did I say you support Pixey-Dust?

In so many words yes. You seem to think P-D is my idea of mature leadership.

33 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Your desperate attempt to equate mature ideas of leadership, with "dictators", is the panicked act of a person trying to justify endless failur

If you meant something else feel free to make that more clear.

17 hours ago, I am Groot said:

I don't know if that's true, but I do think that patriotism is a morality and that generation had it in spades.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, eyeball said:

When it threatened them, yes. But you might take a small glance at how the US treated the third world countries in this era, particularly those in Latin America. And I seem to recall Trudeau the elder's favorite guy was Fidel Castro. During the cold war it was all about the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

20 hours ago, eyeball said:

Stated principles are nice, but not as effective as tanks, fighters, missiles, and a first class military.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

When it threatened them, yes. But you might take a small glance at how the US treated the third world countries in this era, particularly those in Latin America.

Yeah well everything was fair game after having just knocked off a democracy in Iran.  AFAIC it was the practice of installing dictators in the places America diddled with that has resulted in a world now infested with dictatorships.  What on Earth was the Shiniest Beacon for Democracy and Liberty in the known galaxy thinking?

And I seem to recall Trudeau the elder's favorite guy was Fidel Castro.

It's a wonder we weren't carpet-bombed ourselves for being so friendly with the enemy.  Heck there's people around here who think Trudeau the junior is actually Castro and Margaret's love child.

During the cold war it was all about the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

And nowadays we have the consequences of things that were done under that paradigm to deal with.

Stated principles are nice, but not as effective as tanks, fighters, missiles, and a first class military.

These things are more effective at undermining principles than upholding them.  They're clearly no good at establishing them given the failure of two world wars to do so.  Who knows maybe the 3rd times the charm. 

Edited by eyeball