China has infiltrated the federal government

5 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

I was quite happy with him his first few years, disdaining the Chinese, after Chretien had led squadrons of politicians hat-in-hand over to China in the preceding years. It's too bad he caved after the recession hit.

Yeah his pragmatism and cynicism got the better of him ?‍♂️

1 minute ago, I am Groot said:

I take it that's your reflex towards any criticism of Trump?

To me, the deranged people are the ones who admire him. Or really any politician. I've been voting for over forty years and never voted FOR anyone. They're all venal, self-serving incompetents and carpetbaggers and I try to pick the least worst among them The deranged people are the ones who go and watch their speeches and cheer and scream in adulation. Worse are the ones who send them money.  Anyone who thinks Trump is in this for the 'common man' has never looked into any aspect of his past and is simply falling for the character he played on that TV show.

obvious TDS is obvious, bro / shrugs

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

What about the Chine-Canadian virology lab partnership that handled pandemic viruses?  You, know, the one from which the Chinese couple was fired that Canadians aren’t allowed to ask about?

https://www.macleans.ca/longforms/winnipeg-virus-lab-scientist/

Well of course you can ask about it.  Here's Canada's premiere news magazine talking about it this year.

But you're right that it's unresolved.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

But you're right that it's unresolved.

Great. So you can ask, but intelligible answers are assured (forget resolutions, for now).

1. Russia is near-complete authoritarian.

2. China has some speech but mostly / only the good, "positive".

3. Now imagine a place that allows more or less all speech but ignores, totally and outright anything that is not "positive".

An exciting question: would it be a democracy still / could, or more like China, already?

44 minutes ago, myata said:

1. Now imagine a place that allows more or less all speech but ignores, totally and outright anything that is not "positive".

2. An exciting question: would it be a democracy still / could, or more like China, already?

1. Well... that's "the west".

2. Dunno.  Whattabout the USA ?  Anyway, it's thread drift.  Has China infiltrated the Federal Govt ?

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Canadian whataboutism does nothing to protect Canadians

if you think the Americans are defenceless in the face of China

then Canada is in no man's land, without any defences at all

I’d go further and say it appears that our government isn’t in charge of the ship or doesn’t defend Canadian interests.  We’ll see if a change in government changes anything, assuming there’s a change in government.  

21 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’d go further and say it appears that our government isn’t in charge of the ship or doesn’t defend Canadian interests.  We’ll see if a change in government changes anything, assuming there’s a change in government.  

Perhaps there is some truth with the claim that Canada is a post-national state.  In many ways we seem to belong to the United Nations.  Examples such as open border that welcomes illegal migrants, adoption of UNDRIP by governments in Canada without knowing what it means and how it will impact this country.  If you read UNDRIP carefully and read the Truth and Reconciliation Commission report and calls to action you will find it means basically handing Canada over to aboriginals.  Trudeau and the left are the leading the war in the world against the phony issue of man-made climate change.  This is costing Canadians a lot of money and driving the price up of everything and it may get far worse as they plan to increase the price to $200 per ton for CO2 emissions, which will make the carbon taxes far higher.

Edited by blackbird

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

What about the Chine-Canadian virology lab partnership that handled pandemic viruses?  You, know, the one from which the Chinese couple was fired that Canadians aren’t allowed to ask about?

Yeah, I mentioned that incident(or tried to) on page one of this thread.  It’s obvious our federal government favours China.  Their government kidnapped 2 Canadians and Canada’s response with the Huawei executive incident proves this.

And our media soft petals anything to do with both China or our Liberal government.  And most Canadians have lost the ability to detect this.  Its a sad state of affairs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Truth and Reconciliation Commission report  

Trudeau promised to implement every recommendation of the 94.    As of last summer 13 had been.

It's ok - I got a conservative souce for you so you didn't get all flustered...

https://nationalpost.com/news/much-work-remains-on-the-truth-and-reconciliation-commissions-94-calls-to-action

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

And yet the T&R recommendations are hugely not implemented.  Where do you get your news anyway ?  

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

And yet the T&R recommendations are hugely not implemented.  Where do you get your news anyway ?  

The B.C. NDP government adopted UNDRIP and have already started changing things to give more power to aboriginals.  We don't know what the plan is or the end game.  We see the results of the TRC recommendations in many ways.  The demands for it's implementation are only beginning by native rights groups and individuals.  The TRC, UNDRIP have given encouragement to the extremists and terrorist who are committing criminal acts to try to stop the Coastal Gaslink pipeline project in northwest B.C.  All these things only encourage radicals and others into thinking they actually own the country.  They actually believe they have the right to approve natural resource development because the TRC and UNDRIP says things like that.

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Perhaps there is some truth with the claim that Canada is a post-national state.  In many ways we seem to belong to the United Nations.  Examples such as open border that welcomes illegal migrants, adoption of UNDRIP by some governments in Canada without knowing what it means and how it will impact this country.  If you read UNDRIP carefully and read the Truth and Reconciliation Commission report and calls to action you will find it means basically handing Canada over to aboriginals.  

Yes that’s right.  These are ideological documents written by international lawyers who aren’t accountable to taxpayers. There’s no question of the many iterations of Indigenous groups displacing each other or the fact that property is mostly a settler idea.  I understand respecting land claims for a group that can prove continuous exclusive use of an area, but who today in Canada’s south can claim this?  It’s for the courts to consider evidence.  I won’t even get into the endless push for reparations after money has already been paid out.  Again, such matters must be considered case by case and backed by evidence.

Canadian governments have shot themselves in the feet by giving in to every ask.  The giving tree is stripped bare to the stump, and it’s working taxpayers footing the bill, many of whom arrived here within a generation or two.

”Climate action” on international agreements will cripple us further.

Our weak healthcare system and international pressure from the WHO has  violated our constitution and resulted in the Emergencies Act to “keep us safe.”

The influence of China and unaccountable international bodies on Canada seems unchecked.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1