China has infiltrated the federal government

https://globalnews.ca/news/9253386/canadian-intelligence-warned-pm-trudeau-that-china-covertly-funded-2019-election-candidates-sources/

Canadian intelligence officials have warned Prime Minister Justin Trudeau that China has allegedly been targeting Canada with a vast campaign of foreign interference, which includes funding a clandestine network of at least 11 federal candidates running in the 2019 election, according to Global News sources.

Based on recent information from the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), those efforts allegedly involve payments through intermediaries to candidates affiliated with the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), placing agents into the offices of MPs in order to influence policy, seeking to co-opt and corrupt former Canadian officials to gain leverage in Ottawa, and mounting aggressive campaigns to punish Canadian politicians whom the People’s Republic of China (PRC) views as threats to its interests.

CSIS told Global News it could not answer some questions for this story. But the service confirmed it has identified the PRC’s foreign interference in Canada, which can include covert funding to influence election outcomes.

“The Chinese Communist Party … is using all elements of state power to carry out activities that are a direct threat to our national security and sovereignty,” CSIS stated.

This report also reiterates the CCP efforts in Canada in Operation Fox Hunt:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-csis-warns-chinas-operation-fox-hunt-is-targeting-canadas-chinese/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Fox_Hunt

So what are the feds doing about this?  Where is the legislation?  Are foreign agents being removed from these legislator offices?

What?  Our media finally has woken up?  I don’t believe it.  Let’s see if this is still a story in 2 weeks.

China has how many police stations on Canadian soil?

China also had soldiers on Canadian soil, training or some such thing.  

Chinese nationals were doing top secret bio work in Canadian labs that have the highest level of risk.  And they took their results back to their government, with no repercussions.

Lets see if our wimpy bought for media(Covid money straight from Federal government) remembers how to investigate…

I'm sure Trudeau will take action immediately in defense of Canada's sovereignty and national security and defense.

Any day now.

He'll at least say something anyway.

Probably. I mean, maybe it'll just be in writing.

Yeah, a stern note. Well, maybe not so stern but anyway, he might send a note. 

And he might not even sign it with 'best regards'. Just 'regards'. 

That'll show those Chinese communists!

39 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/9253386/canadian-intelligence-warned-pm-trudeau-that-china-covertly-funded-2019-election-candidates-sources/

This report also reiterates the CCP efforts in Canada in Operation Fox Hunt:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-csis-warns-chinas-operation-fox-hunt-is-targeting-canadas-chinese/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Fox_Hunt

So what are the feds doing about this?  Where is the legislation?  Are foreign agents being removed from these legislator offices?

Wouldn't you like to know who the MPP was who funneled all that money through to election campaigns for the Chinese government? And why they haven't been arrested?

• Like 3

Wow, mind blowing, do we ever find out who the 11 candidates are, are there anymore, and are they really affiliated with the Chinese Communist Party, and what is the government doing about it. not sure which party they are from, but this could be the scandal that finally rocks the left. "Ya i just made that assumption".

14 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Wow, mind blowing, do we ever find out who the 11 candidates are, are there anymore, and are they really affiliated with the Chinese Communist Party, and what is the government doing about it. not sure which party they are from, but this could be the scandal that finally rocks the left. "Ya i just made that assumption".

I believe the article stated that this was occurring within both the Liberal and Conservative parties according to CSIS.

2 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I believe the article stated that this was occurring within both the Liberal and Conservative parties according to CSIS.

What I want to know is if any of the candidates got elected. And their names.

Edited by I am Groot
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

This is more evidence that it's time to push China off.  They and Russia are too involved in our politics...

Seems like Trudeau read the email

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Beijing has $3.4 trillion US dollars with which to bribe the treasonous politicians in Canada

we are overrun

fall back to the temple

prepare for the last stand

rally to the Colours

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, myata said:

Why wouldn't it? The restaurant is really good next door, tried it yet?

Myata,

Well said.

====

I am tired of hearing of foreign economic threats: it was once Japan, now it's China. Everyone is afraid of robots.

Those people in Bangladesh work for nothing! Cheap labour? It's a race to the bottom, poverty for the world. [/sarcasm]

Edited by August1991

13 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

This is more evidence that it's time to push China off.  They and Russia are too involved in our politics...

Seems like Trudeau read the email

Was time 10 years ago, back when Harper tried to pivot Canada away and highlight their abysmal human rights record.  

The experiment failed.  Trade integration doesn’t build democracy.  The less we trade with or have to interact with them, the better. 

23 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Was time 10 years ago, back when Harper tried to pivot Canada away and highlight their abysmal human rights record.  

The experiment failed.  Trade integration doesn’t build democracy.  The less we trade with or have to interact with them, the better. 

?  I think it was after he left office.  He was still PM 10 years ago.  The experiment has been seen to fail with espionage, Huwei, the two Michaels and Russia.  And the US leads the way as usual.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Beijing has $3.4 trillion US dollars with which to bribe the treasonous politicians in Canada

we are overrun

fall back to the temple

prepare for the last stand

rally to the Colours

Buddy if you think the Chinese aren't doing this in the US you're really naive. And it's so much easier to funnel dark money into political campaigns down south at every level.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Buddy if you think the Chinese aren't doing this in the US you're really naive. And it's so much easier to funnel dark money into political campaigns down south at every level.

Super true, that.  For that matter, it would be highly illegal here to fund an election in this way AFAIK.

17 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

It has been the conservatives that have been accusing the liberals to do more on the China file every chance they get, so is it possible that a couple of Conservatives are on the list, Yes it is everything is possible, but unlikely.  But i mean really if one wants to influence government would it not be one that was going to make up government, the last election was not even that close. Where would you put your efforts into. 

The concern here should be what are they doing about it, 

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

?  I think it was after he left office.  He was still PM 10 years ago.  The experiment has been seen to fail with espionage, Huwei, the two Michaels and Russia.  And the US leads the way as usual.

What I meant was Harper as PM made a point of antagonizing China and pointing out it’s not-so-friendliness, and he was right.  

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

no worries, the Donald is coming back in 2024

Donald Trump never met an autocrat he didn't like. Moreover he is fantastically corrupt and has been his entire life. He's not going to do anything about China but pocket more cash. 

Now some might say Biden is corrupt, as well. They'd be right. Far too much of the US political body is corrupt. But Trump's weakness is his incredible greed. Biden already knows he's got more money than he can spend in his remaining life. Trump will still, at 76, desperate for more money.

Edited by I am Groot

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

What I meant was Harper as PM made a point of antagonizing China and pointing out it’s not-so-friendliness, and he was right.  

I was quite happy with him his first few years, disdaining the Chinese, after Chretien had led squadrons of politicians hat-in-hand over to China in the preceding years. It's too bad he caved after the recession hit.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

Trump Derangement Syndrome /shrugs

I take it that's your reflex towards any criticism of Trump?

To me, the deranged people are the ones who admire him. Or really any politician. I've been voting for over forty years and never voted FOR anyone. They're all venal, self-serving incompetents and carpetbaggers and I try to pick the least worst among them The deranged people are the ones who go and watch their speeches and cheer and scream in adulation. Worse are the ones who send them money.  Anyone who thinks Trump is in this for the 'common man' has never looked into any aspect of his past and is simply falling for the character he played on that TV show.

• Like 2