7 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Did you know that you now can’t get a passport in less than about 4 months unless you can provide proof of a necessity to leave the country?

Our government has imprisoned the population without any mandate from citizens.

Try getting a passport and you’ll find out.  If you already have a passport, enjoy your short-lived freedom until it comes time to renew it.

Oh come on now. Your problem and many Canadians share that problem is that you don't appreciate the freedom you have and born with and take it as granted. People in many parts of Iran are risking their lives going on streets and getting shot or beaten to death or arrested and tortured and raped like what is now happening in streets of Iranian towns and cities in order to get what you already have and born with and take for granted!!!!!!!!!

What would a rich kid lucky enough to be born in a rich family (I used to be one in my childhood) know about poverty or staving homeless people who die in the cold. They keep complaining to their father that their car is not as big as the other rich friend they have.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes it’s totalitarian.  It’s a Soviet Union-style travel barrier.  We’ve already seen states offering political asylum to Canadians this past year. 

So move if you think Canada is so bad.

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada is China.  

Well as soon as the Canadian government starts locking people into fairgrounds or nailing doors shut or shooting protesters down in the street or imprisoning journalists or shutting off internet access outside it's borders, then maybe you'd have a point.  As it is, you just look like an empty-headed dunce.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Well as soon as the Canadian government starts locking people into fairgrounds or nailing doors shut or shooting protesters down in the street or imprisoning journalists or shutting off internet access outside it's borders, then maybe you'd have a point.  As it is, you just look like an empty-headed dunce.

No this would be an Islamic Republic.

42 minutes ago, dialamah said:

So move if you think Canada is so bad.

47 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Oh come on now. Your problem and many Canadians share that problem is that you don't appreciate the freedom you have and born with and take it as granted. People in many parts of Iran are risking their lives going on streets and getting shot or beaten to death or arrested and tortured and raped like what is now happening in streets of Iranian towns and cities in order to get what you already have and born with and take for granted!!!!!!!!!

What would a rich kid lucky enough to be born in a rich family (I used to be one in my childhood) know about poverty or staving homeless people who die in the cold. They keep complaining to their father that their car is not as big as the other rich friend they have.

It’s the old, “It could be worse, at least we’re not as lame as…” argument.

Aim for the not so terrible.

Yeah that’s about right.  

19 minutes ago, West said:

Strange you don't like freedom. Like being told what to do like a good little communist

I have trouble keeping track of what I am.  You can't seem to keep it straight.  One day I'm a communist, the next I'm a fascist.  The only thing that I know is that I just freaking hate freedom!  ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I have trouble keeping track of what I am.  You can't seem to keep it straight.  One day I'm a communist, the next I'm a fascist.  The only thing that I know is that I just freaking hate freedom!  ?

Whatever you are you sure get upset when people ask to judge for themselves what's best without threats from the loonies

Edited by West

Just now, West said:

Whatever you are you sure get upset when people ask to judge for themselves what's best without threats from the loonies

Who's really upset here though?  I'm not the one starting a thread every other day to complain about the latest thing to get my panties twisted.  ?‍♂️

9 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s a disgusting totalitarian requirement to require people to provide evidence that they are travelling and for such travel to be deemed “necessary” by bureaucrats in order to get a passport.  It’s nobody’s damn business where you are going or why you’re going.  Stick to your job of issuing passports.  These are the kinds of creepy gatekeepers that have become commonplace under Trudeau.  Right there with ArriveCAN and the requirement for federal workers to work from home.  Also terrible that they’re still maintaining reduced capacity in their offices.  The pandemic is clearly an excuse for incompetence, inefficiency, and overreach.  Canuckistan for sure.  

You realize you don't need a passport to travel within Canada? You also realize it is not Canada that demands you have a passport to travel elsewhere, it is the place and country you are trying to travel to. That country is demanding Canada prove you are Canadian.

You also realize that any country you wish to enter requires your passport to be valid for 6 months? Knowing that, you must know you should be getting a new passport 6 months before you go??

Reduced office personnel makes no difference in today's electronic environment. A worker can tap the keys on their computer from home equally as fast as from the office.

The passport offices and Service Canada offices are fully staffed.

Edited by ExFlyer

8 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I'm promoting a woman's freedom to choose whether or not she has a child, rather than ignorant and backwards trolls whose business it is not.  

When you lived in China were you part of the group of population control thugs who showed up at the doors of women who were 8 months pregnant to pressure them into having an abortion?

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

You realize you don't need a passport to travel within Canada? You also realize it is not Canada that demands you have a passport to travel elsewhere, it is the place and country you are trying to travel to. That country is demanding Canada prove you are Canadian.

You also realize that any country you wish to enter requires your passport to be valid for 6 months? Knowing that, you must know you should be getting a new passport 6 months before you go??

Reduced office personnel makes no difference in today's electronic environment. A worker can tap the keys on their computer from home equally as fast as from the office.

The passport offices and Service Canada offices are fully staffed.

The government apologist strikes again. Thanks for your needless lecture.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Tyranny ? haha, you have no idea about eastern European bureaucracy. I have been through the process for passports/visas/immigration/travelling. 

The best thing is to test it out, go into a consulate from Czech Republic, Poland, Bulgaria, Croatia, etc. and ask them about different paperwork. Some satire or not, If you make it pass the initial screening which typical involves an angry old man screaming at you (put there by political interest, not by qualification), then we will compare timelines and customer service with the Canadian system that we have here. 

Any e-mail that you send to a government agency around the world nowadays after the pandemic -> you normally get an automatic e-mail advising you of delays and backlogs. 

I travelled to the Soviet Union a few times.  It was easier to get visas and run their gauntlet than deal with Canadian passport bureaucracy.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dialamah said:

So, do nothing until there's nothing we can do about it?

What about all the steps that happen before that?  Your advice is:  ignore the lead up to totalitarianism until it's too late?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The government apologist strikes again. Thanks for your needless lecture.  

What is it when you get slapped in the face with facts that you resort to excuses and insults and deflections??

Your cheeks must be sore by now LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

23 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

When you lived in China were you part of the group of population control thugs who showed up at the doors of women who were 8 months pregnant to pressure them into having an abortion?

When you wrote this out, were you having an aneurysm?  ?

9 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Communism and fascism are both totalitarian, so I agree we should keep it simple.  You’re a totalitarian.  

• Like 1

I feel like we've learned nothing from history.

When the Nazis barred Jews from restaurants and public places, Dialamah would have said, "Quit, whining, Jews!  You can just eat at home."

When the Jews were barred from social activities, she would be the one saying, "Going to the theatre is a privilege, not a right."

When the Jews were rounded up into ghettos, her reaction would be, "Well they carry typhus, you know.  It's for public health."

When the ashes of Jews burned in the ovens fell on her laundry as it dried - "Can someone do something about this?  It's falling on my laundry."

Yes, do nothing until it's too late, always has worked out well for humanity. ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1