Did you know that you now can’t get a passport in less than about 4 months unless you can provide proof of a necessity to leave the country?

Our government has imprisoned the population without any mandate from citizens.

Try getting a passport and you’ll find out.  If you already have a passport, enjoy your short-lived freedom until it comes time to renew it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

until it comes time to renew it.

So, maybe think more than 4 months ahead?  

19 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

enjoy your short-lived freedom

Seems the imprisonment  is shorter term than the freedom though, right?  If you didn’t think very far in advance, you have a lack of freedom for 4 months and then freedom for 10 years. 

Did I get that correct?

Is this honestly what you think qualifies as totalitarianism?

Edited by TreeBeard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Did you know that you now can’t get a passport in less than about 4 months unless you can provide proof of a necessity to leave the country?

Try getting a passport and you’ll find out.  If you already have a passport, enjoy your short-lived freedom until it comes time to renew it.

Hi, I went to the Guy-Favreau complex  in Montréal to get a passport 2 weeks ago on a Monday, having declared mine lost a few years ago (thankfully I recovered it but since it was declared lost, I had to get a new one).

I waited in a line for 2 hours with my spouse, because we need to go to Belgium as her mother passed away recently and funerals are there. Finally, at the counter where the government representative was, I was told alongside my partner that we needed to have a form in order, filled, before talking to her to get an appointment to get a passport. No one told us that when we went in the line, despite there being 5 staff members asking us why the hell we where there, none bothered to tell us we needed to fill a form before inquiring to the officers. The officer gives me the forms, and we're back at the end of the line after we take 5 minutes to fill them.

We spend another 2 hours, finally for them to tell us we'll get an appointment for in 4 days.  That's what I call efficient, baby.

I had an appointment for 2PM, went there at 1:45PM, and waited until 3:30PM to finally get my passport. I had to wait in line despite having an appointment scheduled at a certain time.

It's great out here, our procedures are so modern and very up to date in the great country of ours.

Oh and it's not better at the provincial level.

When I had lost my Health Insurance Card in a moving, I had to go on Québec website for health insurance to order a paper form to be sent at my Home, that I could send back to the Government of Québec. I did a mistake in the form so they sent me back my form, and I had to resend it. 

It took 6 weeks to get my Health Insurance Card back. I could have been sick during those times, but hey, I guess I'm lucky. Talking about the form... it could have been available on the online portal of the Québec website, but no, I had to order a paper form on their online web service. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

So...what are you referring to here?  Is there a backlog and delay on passports being issued?  This is what qualifies to you as tyranny? Oh boy.  

32 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

or maybe they are dealing with pent-up travel demand from a population that's stayed home since early 2020 and all of the sudden are all coming to get their passports renewed at once.  I don't actually know, but the first thing that came to mind for me wasn't that I was being oppressed (and I need to get my passport renewed for the Spring).  

12 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

So...what are you referring to here?  Is there a backlog and delay on passports being issued?  This is what qualifies to you as tyranny? Oh boy.  

or maybe they are dealing with pent-up travel demand from a population that's stayed home since early 2020 and all of the sudden are all coming to get their passports renewed at once.  I don't actually know, but the first thing that came to mind for me wasn't that I was being oppressed (and I need to get my passport renewed for the Spring).  

Good luck with that, comrade.  

• Like 1

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

You’d never fight for your rights or anyone else’s.  

I would, I helped seize a fisheries office once in defiance of tyranny. Our supporters outside tossed up a copy of the newly released movie Braveheart to watch while waiting for government reinforcements to arrive.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

How is a backlog due to unprecedented demand totalitarian?

My grandsons applied and got their within a month just a few weeks ago.

went to Service Canada in Gatineau, filled out the application and less than a month later got it.

Maybe you are on a list of insurrectionists and they are doing a background check on you? LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

Ever hear of James Earl Ray? When he was arrested, he was carrying a Canadian passport. After that, they tightened up the background checks. I am sure none of us want the wrong people getting a passport. 

OTOH, if we are a tyranny, I've always thought it would be fun to belong to the secret police. I have 25 years expeience. I've even been called Stasi on occasion. Maybe I should mention that on my application. Zeit, any idea what the pay is like?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The average Communications Security Establishment salary ranges from approximately $64,846 per year for Agent

to $104,544 per year for Administrator.

I was thinking more along the lines of Sluzhba, the political section of the Kometat Gosudarstvenoi Bezopastnosti. (If I spelled that right, from memory, I should get an award.) 

Edited by Queenmandy85

2 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I was thinking more along the lines of Sluzhba, the political section of the Kometat Gosudarstvenoi Bezopastnosti. (If I spelled that right, from memory, I should get an award.) 

the KGB had 13 General Directorates

I think you would be most suited to the 5th General Directorate : Political Police

• Thanks 1

Maybe we are all missing the Capt obvious question, why is it that all our federal government departments are under funded, undermanned, and under equipped, and to most of us we see this as normal, not asking the government to solve that issue, more employees means faster service, not better but faster.

22 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Maybe we are all missing the Capt obvious question, why is it that all our federal government departments are under funded, undermanned, and under equipped, and to most of us we see this as normal, not asking the government to solve that issue, more employees means faster service, not better but faster.

It wasn’t asked because to anyone who thinks about it for more than 12 seconds the answer is obvious, but doesn’t involve totalitarianism or government conspiracies  

Ask yourself the following:

How long did it take you to get a passport pre-COVID?   
Why did it change….  the rush for so many people to get a passport and the ensuing backlog, or Trudeau trying to trap you in your own country for 4 extra months for nefarious purposes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

It wasn’t asked because to anyone who thinks about it for more than 12 seconds the answer is obvious, but doesn’t involve totalitarianism or government conspiracies  

Ask yourself the following:

How long did it take you to get a passport pre-COVID?   
Why did it change….  the rush for so many people to get a passport and the ensuing backlog, or Trudeau trying to trap you in your own country for 4 extra months for nefarious purposes?

It’s a disgusting totalitarian requirement to require people to provide evidence that they are travelling and for such travel to be deemed “necessary” by bureaucrats in order to get a passport.  It’s nobody’s damn business where you are going or why you’re going.  Stick to your job of issuing passports.  These are the kinds of creepy gatekeepers that have become commonplace under Trudeau.  Right there with ArriveCAN and the requirement for federal workers to work from home.  Also terrible that they’re still maintaining reduced capacity in their offices.  The pandemic is clearly an excuse for incompetence, inefficiency, and overreach.  Canuckistan for sure.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s a disgusting totalitarian requirement to require people to provide evidence that they are travelling and for such travel to be deemed “necessary” by bureaucrats in order to get a passport.  It’s nobody’s damn business where you are going or why you’re going.  Stick to your job of issuing passports.  These are the kinds of creepy gatekeepers that have become commonplace under Trudeau.  Right there with ArriveCAN and the requirement for federal workers to work from home.  Also terrible that they’re still maintaining reduced capacity in their offices.  The pandemic is clearly an excuse for incompetence, inefficiency, and overreach.  Canuckistan for sure.  

They ask for that so if you are travelling in near future, your application is fast-tracked in an effort to get you your passport before you're scheduled to leave.  Of course they want proof - anyone could say they need it right away.  So totalitarian!  ?

26 minutes ago, dialamah said:

They ask for that so if you are travelling in near future, your application is fast-tracked in an effort to get you your passport before you're scheduled to leave.  Of course they want proof - anyone could say they need it right away.  So totalitarian!  ?

Yes it’s totalitarian.  It’s a Soviet Union-style travel barrier.  We’ve already seen states offering political asylum to Canadians this past year.  Canada is China.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1