Price of diesel goes up to 3.04 cents in NB

70 cents in the course of 1 week, diesel prices have gone up, and nobody says anything, i find it funny, everyone i talked to says well at least it was not gas... They don't know everything we purchase is moved by truck, ship, and aircraft and history has shown us, is it all going to get passed on to the consumer... now we wait as the price of everything goes up. Now there is a shortage nationwide or so the media says, i find it ironic, diesel is far the cheapest fuel to produce, and by far the most important to our economy, and someone drops the ball but whom, is in charge of national fuel stocks. and the Irving's have a refinery just down the road that runs 24/7. I'd laugh, but it feels like I'm being penetrated from the rear, and all everyone can do is smile...

23 hours ago, herbie said:

Go biofuel. Cooking oil is only $10 something for 4L at Costco.

but well pay even more for 'real' fuel cuz renewables are stupid...

Biofuel great idea, by the time i buy all the equipment, and chemicals, turn my garage into a refinery, I'll be well past 3 dollars a liter.  On the bright side the exhaust will smell like French fries. 

So ya renewables at this time are not cheaper, putting them in the crazy train category.

7 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

All we need to know is how Trudeau is to blame.  

or is he?

If it’s Trudeau’s fault, why are oil companies making record profits?

https://www.statista.com/chart/27887/big-oil-sees-profits-increase/

I don't recall blaming Justin, but one would be pretty loopy not to think Justin policies are not at least partial responsible for this situation. The fuel companies are not the only ones racking in huge profits for this suppose fuel shortage due to Ukraine. The federal government is boasting surpluses becasue of it. Not to mention in most provinces 50 cents of every liter is federal/ provincial taxes. it is just another creative way to increase revenues.

Are you suggesting that the Federal government can't do anything about this gouging going on. or is it they like it as well, lowering profits from big oil will also lower the federals coffers... 

On 11/6/2022 at 4:35 PM, Army Guy said:

70 cents in the course of 1 week, diesel prices have gone up, and nobody says anything, i find it funny, everyone i talked to says well at least it was not gas... They don't know everything we purchase is moved by truck, ship, and aircraft and history has shown us, is it all going to get passed on to the consumer... now we wait as the price of everything goes up. Now there is a shortage nationwide or so the media says, i find it ironic, diesel is far the cheapest fuel to produce, and by far the most important to our economy, and someone drops the ball but whom, is in charge of national fuel stocks. and the Irving's have a refinery just down the road that runs 24/7. I'd laugh, but it feels like I'm being penetrated from the rear, and all everyone can do is smile...

NB may be ‘the canary in the coal mine’.

Everybody is smiling(or, doesn’t care) because their media isn’t raising the alarm, or really even covering this.  When you really consider it, it’s quite impressive how completely programmed people are.

Gas prices, food and such have all been rising, and those at the bottom of the economic ladder are really hurting.  I’ve never seen so many homeless in our town, and most people couldn’t care less because, 1) The media they consume is covering trans, environmentalism and Covid.  2)it isn’t hurting them yet.

19 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Biofuel great idea, by the time i buy all the equipment, and chemicals, turn my garage into a refinery, I'll be well past 3 dollars a liter.  On the bright side the exhaust will smell like French fries. 

So ya renewables at this time are not cheaper, putting them in the crazy train category.

Cooking oil is OK for old diesels but you better be careful  what you put in the new ones because you could screw up some very expensive emission control components. Modern common rail injectors alone can cost more than $800 each. Particulate filters start at around $2500.

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 4:35 PM, Army Guy said:

I posted under the U.S. page that Biden has done 125 things to reduce the American production of oil and gas and thereby is hurting the consumers.   This is one reason why diesel prices have gone up.   It is Biden and Democrats crusade against climate change that is driving it up and the fact OPEC cut back on oil production by several hundred million barrels of oil.  Biden is making things worse for the U.S. and Canada.  Canada suffers incredibly high prices for fuel, energy, food, and everything else and isn't helped by the Biden administration.  Trudeau of course is a big part of the problem too.  If Trudeau had not killed the northern gateway pepeline and energy east pipeline and done other bad things to the energy industry, we might have much more oil and gas production in Canada.   I hope Democrats really take a beating in today's election.  It will make it more difficult for Biden to push his agenda through and that's a good thing.  Will be watching the election results today and in the coming days.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, herbie said:

If Trudeau hadn't kill,ed Northern Gateway, we would've ourselves.
Did you have some plan to ship the crude through the Northwest Passage to help New Brunswick too?

Goddam Trudeau, he listened to people in Northern BC. And still didn't win any seats.

Northern Gateway was for export only. The North Coast is NDP country.

Diesel price has more to do with demand and refining capacity. It competes with jet and marine fuel for  which post covid demand has skyrocketed. Winter has also increased demand for heating oil. High oil prices because of the Ukraine war and OPEC reducing production hasn't helped either. 

Unfortunately, it is the same as home heating oil and Eastern Canada is still using that shit.

When I first moved up north I knew a couple guys who'd bring their logging trucks home and pump one tank into their home tank. Either stealing from the Boss or Independents writing off part of the home heating as a trucking expense...

7 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Diesel price has more to do with demand and refining capacity. It competes with jet and marine fuel for  which post covid demand has skyrocketed. Winter has also increased demand for heating oil. High oil prices because of the Ukraine war and OPEC reducing production hasn't helped either. 

But but but Carbon Taxes ?

22 hours ago, RedDog said:

But you masturbate in the money.

Ya, streets are paved in gold here, f***king money grows on trees and fly's out everyone's ass.I have to walk to work in 4 feet of 100-dollar bills , it's a nightmare... I was born in Calgary, lived in Edmonton for years so don't cry me a river on how bad you got it, and how good i got it because you do without. Average wage here is 36,000 dollars not much to masturbate over is it.

• Haha 2

On 11/8/2022 at 3:42 PM, herbie said:

If Trudeau hadn't kill,ed Northern Gateway, we would've ourselves.
Did you have some plan to ship the crude through the Northwest Passage to help New Brunswick too?

Goddam Trudeau, he listened to people in Northern BC. And still didn't win any seats.

But you did get your billions to construct an LP terminal and refinery. maybe if we had a PM with any balls, we would have both or none. New Brunswick would be happy to process all of that, but you guys love the price of fossil fuels out there. 

No you wouldn't. The LNG was already out to the coast. Just a matter of enlarging the line along the route. No new path through virgin forest and rivers. It's also gas, doesn't cause a mess and kill everything if it leaks, and doesn't require a backfeed of even more poisonous shit. Even if the LNG tankers leak they go boom, no mess to clean up.
Not that LNG is such a great idea. No customers lined up and 20 years too late.