Liberal Climate Activist Greta Thunberg calls for insurrection against western democracies

West

3 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I think it's time to walk away from hysterical hyperbole, and start talking and thinking like big boys and girls rather than pretending everything we don't like is TYRANNY or EXTORTION looking to COMPLETELY DESTROY our way of life.  

"Quit the UN" .... "Quit NATO"

What is the vision proposed for us ?  I just don't understand... it sounds vaguely agrarian.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

What is the vision proposed for us ?  I just don't understand... it sounds vaguely agrarian.

It's obvious Michael.  We need to get rid of the things that make us MAD and then have more of the things that make us feel GOOD!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Why not quit the UN, does it benefit our country in any way, and aside from paying our dues, what does Canada do for UN or for that matter NATO, tell me honestly what difference it would make in Canadians lives if we quit both right now, It is a boy's club, that we like to say we belong to, but we don't contribute anything of real value. Nor would our exit effect the UN or NATO operations.

The entire idea of leaving actually makes sense.

On 11/7/2022 at 3:21 PM, Moonbox said:

I think it's time to walk away from hysterical hyperbole, and start talking and thinking like big boys and girls rather than pretending everything we don't like is TYRANNY or EXTORTION looking to COMPLETELY DESTROY our way of life.  

What better word to describe the rhetoric that we've had to listen to for two years about the unvaccinated "taking up space" than tyranny?

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 6:48 PM, Army Guy said:

Why not quit the UN, does it benefit our country in any way, and aside from paying our dues, what does Canada do for UN or for that matter NATO, tell me honestly what difference it would make in Canadians lives if we quit both right now, It is a boy's club, that we like to say we belong to, but we don't contribute anything of real value. Nor would our exit effect the UN or NATO operations.

The entire idea of leaving actually makes sense.

NATO is the only reason Russia lets us pretend we own the north. We certainly have no military which could do a single thing to them if they decided they wanted to start drilling for oil there.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, herbie said:

What makes you think listening to this shit about Russia crossing over the ice at the top of the world just to take more effing ice for over 60 years makes me conclude?

That shallow panic stricken fear mongering never goes away.

You certainly do like to be shrill.

I merely suggested possibilities. The duty of a military is to prepare for what the enemy might do. The duty of risk managers is to prepare for what might happen.

Are you of the view we should only worry about things when they're actually underway?

Do you call up an insurance company to ask about fire insurance while your house is aflame?

Ice? Yeah, there's no oil or gas or other natural resources up there. Whyever would I suspect Russia would have any interest? I mean, it's not like they've spent tens of billions of dollars rebuilding and expanding their arctic military bases and building more ice capable warships.

Oh wait...

Edited by I am Groot

We should really quit the climate change conferences.  The third world is demanding billions of dollars compensation from the western developed nations such as Canada because they blame us for the climate.  Canada is falling for it, admitting it's our fault, and committing hundreds of millions of dollars of taxpayer money to the third world to fight or compensate for climate change.  These climate change conferences are nothing but a scam of the west and an arm of the U.N.  We should withdraw from the Marxist U.N. and save Canadians from this extortion.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

We should really quit the climate change conferences.  The third world is demanding billions of dollars compensation from the western developed nations such as Canada because they blame us for the climate.  Canada is falling for it, admitting it's our fault, and committing hundreds of millions of dollars of taxpayer money to the third world to fight or compensate for climate change.  These climate change conferences are nothing but a scam of the west and an arm of the U.N.  We should withdraw from the Marxist U.N. and save Canadians from this extortion.

And how much of that money is going to be used to fight climate change except in the sense of filling Swiss bank accounts so the leaders of those countries can go north to a cooler climate when the weather gets too hot?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

These climate change conferences are nothing but a scam of the west ...

Except that people were advocating for doing nothing about Climate Change on here years ago, and accepting the risk.  As such, we would feasibly owe for impacts we have wilfully created.  You can't say "do nothing about the problem" then just walk away from impacts, it's not principled.

19 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Except that people were advocating for doing nothing about Climate Change on here years ago, and accepting the risk.  As such, we would feasibly owe for impacts we have wilfully created.  You can't say "do nothing about the problem" then just walk away from impacts, it's not principled.

It depends whether you are one of the suckers that believe in man-made climate change, which you are.  You would give Canadians hard-earned money away to the rest of the world to fight against the climate.  Maybe write your own cheques and leave the rest of us alone.

• Like 1

Just now, blackbird said:

1. It depends whether you are one of the suckers that believe in man-made climate change, which you are. 
2. You would give Canadians hard-earned money away to the rest of the world to fight against the climate. 
3. Maybe write your own cheques and leave the rest of us alone.

1.  Yes, but to someone who lives on faith instead of facts that might seem strange.
2. It's called liability and owning the impacts of your actions.  You're a Christian right ?  Ever heard of this ?  If not, I'll be visiting your house soon with my bargain basement fireworks and a case of oily rags...
3.  Maybe you should think about other people.  I've got a 'good book' to help you with that: it's called the Gospels.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1.  Yes, but to someone who lives on faith instead of facts that might seem strange.
2. It's called liability and owning the impacts of your actions.  You're a Christian right ?  Ever heard of this ?  If not, I'll be visiting your house soon with my bargain basement fireworks and a case of oily rags...
3.  Maybe you should think about other people.  I've got a 'good book' to help you with that: it's called the Gospels.

What facts?  Give us one proof that man is the cause of climate change.  Not speculation or theory by leftists and environmental radicals such as yourself, but give us the proof.  If you don't have any proof, you should withdraw and admit it.  Be honest.  We know you don't believe in the Bible but try to be honest and show us the proof of why you are pushing something that is costing Canadians billions of dollars.

Edited by blackbird

39 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Are you for real?  Michael please don’t be such a complete sucker.  Climate change may or may not lead to a crisis.  I mean it will eventually as it has in the past.  A super volcano or meteor could end us a lot sooner than climate change.  We don’t know the human impact on climate change.  Our world population will be flattening soon and our energy technology is improving. Throwing tax money at “fighting climate change” is pissing in the wind.  Giving money to developing countries to compensate them is next level stupidity on the scale of making reparations to the Loyalists for the land they left behind to in the US.

PT Barnum would have a field day with this naivety.  “There’s one born every minute.”   This is all about leveraging power to China and Russia who have lesser climate obligations and are selling oil and infrastructure to the world, making money like bandits.  What a joke.

Honestly Alberta and Saskatchewan should sue the Feds over the destruction of our resource sector and energy security.  Canadian citizens should vote this government out of existence for its punishing carbon taxes and government overreach.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

This is the problem with Marxists and Communists.  They think they have a right to everyone else's money and savings.  That is what this is all about.  We have a leader that is extorting our hard-earned savings and giving it away to the Marxist third world and destroying our energy industry at the same time.

16 minutes ago, blackbird said:

1. What facts?  Give us one proof that man is the cause of climate change. 
2.  Be honest. 
3. We know you don't believe in the Bible but try to be honest and show us the proof of why you are pushing something that is costing Canadians billions of dollars.

1. It's not math so there can never be 100% proof, but my signature has a link to a post that explains it.  Roughly: Greenhouse effect can be observed in a laboratory, caused by CO2.  We know CO2 has increased in line with the temperature increases expected through the Greenhouse effect.  There's no other feasible explanation for the increasing temperature.
2. Can you be honest ?  If so you need to acknowledge what I have said.
3. If I tell you scientists are convinced of Climate Change you aren't convinced.  But if a priest tells you he turned a cracker into human flesh you are all into it.  I'm not here to make fun of your beliefs but your entire causative framework isn't the same as the general population and you should at least know your limits.

Edited by Michael Hardner