New deficit numbers are in and they are gross.

4 hours ago, Army Guy said:

So, it is not surprising that nobody cares about gun control, it is just who we are as a people, show me the money, or i'm out.

People care about gun control, but it's not high on the priority list.  I'm not sure how you take that comment and pivot into a general whinge-post about nothing/everything at the same time.  That sort of looks like a myata-post.  Sorry.  

17 hours ago, Moonbox said:

People care about gun control, but it's not high on the priority list.  I'm not sure how you take that comment and pivot into a general whinge-post about nothing/everything at the same time.  That sort of looks like a myata-post.  Sorry.  

Canadians have a lot of things they believe should be the federals governments proirity, but they are unwilling to put any effort or energy in those priorities, making them as worthy as a whim, or a wish.  Most people say that climate change is a big deal but have done nothing of any importance towards those goals, in all honesty it really means nothing in their day-to-day life except a distraction ie carbon taxes or screaming at their Neighbour for buying a big ass truck.   

And if they are willing to push off climate change, or do very little about the issue, except maybe bash a few keys on the old keyboard, then it says a lot about the Canadians does it not. but it is not enough to drive people into action. To me it says we as a nation like to whine a lot and point fingers we just don't like to take action on things that make sense,

Anything else is not even worth the time to talk about. Gun control who cares it does not affect me, so I'm not going to make any effort to find out if gun control makes sense or not that explains most anti-gun crowd augments here on this forum and in others. Climate change is no different except it has a larger following, and some governments have bought into the whole thing. tell me did this cop secession come upon with any solutions. Nope...

And while climate change is one of the top ten issues our nation faces right now, in the short term there are much greater issues than climate change, affording to eat is one, same as affording shelter, having good health care system in these pandemic years.

5 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Most people say that climate change is a big deal but have done nothing of any importance towards those goals, in all honesty it really means nothing in their day-to-day life except a distraction ie carbon taxes or screaming at their Neighbour for buying a big ass truck.   

When was the last time you saw someone screaming at their neighbour for buying a big ass truck?  Honestly?

If you want to have a reasonable argument and talk about stuff, stay away from this sort of silly rhetoric.  Green energy and climate action has been high on the list of election priorities for probably a decade now or more.  The tech is maturing and you're being silly if you're saying nothing of importance has been done.  Has enough been done?  Probably not.  A lot of stupid/wasteful things have been done too.  Your take is pretty weird considering how unsupportive you've typically been of environmental causes (IIRC), but now you're complaining that not enough has been done?  

13 hours ago, Moonbox said:

When was the last time you saw someone screaming at their neighbour for buying a big ass truck?  Honestly?

If you want to have a reasonable argument and talk about stuff, stay away from this sort of silly rhetoric.  Green energy and climate action has been high on the list of election priorities for probably a decade now or more.   The tech is maturing and you're being silly if you're saying nothing of importance has been done.  Has enough been done?  Probably not.  A lot of stupid/wasteful things have been done too.  Your take is pretty weird considering how unsupportive you've typically been of environmental causes (IIRC), but now you're complaining that not enough has been done?  

Apparently, you have not been to Fredericton NB, where the majority of the population are liberal/ green/ gay or all of the above ...I have been approached about my truck dozens of times by twisted university students that seem to have all the answers but don't know what the questions are. Programed by the liberal professors that don't understand the problem.

I'll make this easy for you Moonbox, every poster on here has posted rhetoric and on a daily basis including yourself. I'll censor myself when everyone else starts as well. until then skip over those parts or put me on ignore. This is not a ME problem this is an all of US problem. 

Climate change dates back father than that but hey let's go with your numbers, So important the Liberals declared a climate emergency, what does that mean to you? flashing lights, all hands-on deck, it is the nation's number one priority. enough to spend some serious funding on. Compared what we spent under the covid disguise we could have cured cancer, Covid, and climate change at the same time, instead how much do we annually spend on this emergency.

So tell us what has the federal or provincial governments done, that reflects a Climate emergency... introduced a Carbon tax, consumers pay at the pump, and then at the end of the year every Canadian gets a small tax write off, money in money out, in hopes of pricing fossil fuels are priced out of reach or make consumers conscience about using it...BIG FAIL.

Due to poor liberal policies, global issues, inflation, fossil fuels are now priced more than the government could ever think of taxing, and still Canadians are drinking fossil fuels like it was 1999. proving it does not work as advertised. Why is that?

How much new R&D is federal or provincially funded, round off to the nearest billion please, how much R& D is being funded by fossil fuel companies? more than the feds are putting up. most of the new tech has been driven by the civilian sector who are not receiving federal grants or funding.. PM walks into the room declares an emergency hoping someone else will solve the problem, and we want to reelect him why? 

So where is the game changing tech that you allude to, the feds are funding one new nuclear reactor to date, not bad for an emergency right. Not bad for 10 or more years into it.

Sorry excuse my enthusiastic remarks, but the federal government set the tone, then stepped of the stage, thinking the Carbon tax is going to fix all of this. 

Lets talk about the average Canadian, who right now probable does not give a rats ass about climate change , except when they are having tea with the other lefties in the Neiborhood. 

I've been on the climate change band wagon for a long time now, you have to be unless you want to get canceled or labeled a wingnut, what i dislike is all the fake attitudes about the whole thing, "Climate emergency" WTF does that even mean today, judging by everyone's actions it means Ya, we are aware of the problem, chill dude, Carbon tax is going to fix the whole global problem. That is how most Canadians think of the emergency...someone is going to fix the problem, sooner than later...

My home is over insulated, with spray foam and regular fiberglass, i have a (air)large heat pump, plus 2 pellet stoves, and solar panels with a battery backup, on my own well, my back generator is LP, where i turn to the dark side is I drive a large RAM 2500 diesel 4 X 4 for a couple of reasons, if i can't get to work in the mornings in the winter i don't get paid, i live on a country back road that is not a priority for plowing. and i am self-employed after work using my truck to haul various trailers and loads. I think i do more than most, still lots more i could do, but why ?the majority does not really give a rats ass, except pounding some keyboard, screaming at the world there is an emergency, when nobody seems to care.

4 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I'll make this easy for you Moonbox, every poster on here has posted rhetoric and on a daily basis including yourself. I'll censor myself when everyone else starts as well. until then skip over those parts or put me on ignore. This is not a ME problem this is an all of US problem. 

Sure, but when your arguments are based on rhetoric, there's not much to respond to.  I can't comment on those awful wokes yelling at truck owners, nor emotional rants about getting cancelled (which is such a dog-whistle at this point).  

I've told you lots of times I agree that political correctness has gone too far. That doesn't mean that people should just expect to be able to say whatever ignorant, racist BS they want without consequences.  If people focused on the absurd overreach rather than rail generally and hysterically about getting cancelled, people would take those arguments more seriously.  

I've told you that I agree our climate action has been a combination of wasteful, impotent and corrupt.  That doesn't mean that the planet isn't warming.  It means we should focus on useful, productive and long-term solutions rather than pissing money away on projects that we already know won't work (see Ontario's Green Energy Plan from the McGuinty era).  

You're still complaining about Trudeau and inflation, when he's had next to zero to do with it thus far.  This is a distraction - something that you don't like (and nobody does) but that's too complicated for most people to understand and thus an easy target for scapegoating.  

2021577169_priceinflation.thumb.png.38681428f1575f99aacbc88b5f1f878c.png

Here are the numbers for the USA.  Ours would be near-identical.  

You can blame the Trudeau government for overspending.  That's easy/fair.  It is not, however, what has caused recent inflation.  That's not how the economics work.  

You can blame the Trudeau government for a heavy-handed COVID response if you disagreed with it.  That's also fair.  That doesn't make COVID a hoax, or mean vaccines don't work, that mandates were ineffective or that your freedom was being stolen.  

The point I'm trying to make is that there are reasonable arguments to make on these topics, but people are choosing to descend into tribalism and hyperbole instead.  That is what Canadians rejected in the last federal election.  Look to Ontario for the opposite, where a (surprisingly) rational conservative crushed the out-of-touch Liberals and buried them without hysterics.  

18 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Sure, but when your arguments are based on rhetoric, there's not much to respond to.  I can't comment on those awful wokes yelling at truck owners, nor emotional rants about getting cancelled (which is such a dog-whistle at this point).  

I've told you lots of times I agree that political correctness has gone too far. That doesn't mean that people should just expect to be able to say whatever ignorant, racist BS they want without consequences.  If people focused on the absurd overreach rather than rail generally and hysterically about getting cancelled, people would take those arguments more seriously.  

I've told you that I agree our climate action has been a combination of wasteful, impotent and corrupt.  That doesn't mean that the planet isn't warming.  It means we should focus on useful, productive and long-term solutions rather than pissing money away on projects that we already know won't work (see Ontario's Green Energy Plan from the McGuinty era).  

You're still complaining about Trudeau and inflation, when he's had next to zero to do with it thus far.  This is a distraction - something that you don't like (and nobody does) but that's too complicated for most people to understand and thus an easy target for scapegoating.  

2021577169_priceinflation.thumb.png.38681428f1575f99aacbc88b5f1f878c.png

Here are the numbers for the USA.  Ours would be near-identical.  

You can blame the Trudeau government for overspending.  That's easy/fair.  It is not, however, what has caused recent inflation.  That's not how the economics work.  

You can blame the Trudeau government for a heavy-handed COVID response if you disagreed with it.  That's also fair.  That doesn't make COVID a hoax, or mean vaccines don't work, that mandates were ineffective or that your freedom was being stolen.  

The point I'm trying to make is that there are reasonable arguments to make on these topics, but people are choosing to descend into tribalism and hyperbole instead.  That is what Canadians rejected in the last federal election.  Look to Ontario for the opposite, where a (surprisingly) rational conservative crushed the out-of-touch Liberals and buried them without hysterics.  

-Not sure what to tell you Moonbox, i find it little ironic that one does not have to look that hard to find rhetoric posted on this forum by every single poster here, yourselves included, and most posters here look past it and comment on the rest of the post.  Getting canceled is a real thing, it is happening all around us and nobody really cares to call it out for what it is, look at the Miller kid that Boston tried to hire, canceled for something he did in middle school, the general that was in charge of covid logistics, canceled for something he did 35 years ago. No dog whistles there, at least not for them.

I did not know my post was racist BS, please fill me in. 

First off i have never said climate change does not exist, what i have been saying over and over is the people in charge of our nations climate change plan don't take it very seriously, sure they stood up pull the fire alarm, and declared an EMERGANCY, put in place the Carbon tax and stepped off the stage. And if those in charge don't take it seriously then why should the rest of Canadians take it seriously? Thats a question by the way. 

I'll never stop complaining about Justin, he is a waste of air end of story. We have already had this discussion about Justin and inflation, and both of us were in agreement, and if you're going to tell me that Justin's policies did not have any or little effect on our current inflation numbers then sir, you're out of touch. one does not spend a 1/2 trillion dollars and not expect it to have an effect on inflation. Just for discussion points tell me where Justins policies or actions have actual improved our inflation numbers or benefited this nation as a whole in regard to our economy.

I get it there are some on here that believe the moon is made of cheese, but i have not included any of those comments in my post, do i believe everyone should have a choice, yes i do, i am vaccinated 3 times, due to medical issues. And i do agree some of the mandates were ineffective in containing the virus.

First off i have never said climate change does not exist, what i have been saying over and over is the people in charge of our nations climate change plan don't take it very seriously, sure they stood up pull the fire alarm, and declared an EMERGANCY, put in place the Carbon tax and stepped off the stage. And if those in charge don't take it seriously then why should the rest of Canadians take it seriously? Thats a question by the way. 

There is nothing Canada can do about climate change. Even if we completely eliminated all Co2s it would be unnoticeable on a world scale. Especially as 80% of the world's countries are doing little or nothing other than increasing their CO2 emissions. From what I've seen climate change isn't going to particularly harm Canada anyway. We'll have some problems, but they should be fairly easy to deal with as long as we're not broke by decades of borrowing and a government shutting down our only real export industry while driving manufacturing offshore through carbon taxes and expensive energy.

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

Not to mention floods and fires, and climate change refugees.  Canada will be affected and it'll cost a lot of money.

Oh yes. I'm not denying that. But we'll be affected far less than anyone near the equator. The UN forecast is it might lower our GDP by 1% or so or might not. There will be benefits to us in terms of more accessible land and a longer growing season.

5 hours ago, dialamah said:

Not to mention floods and fires, and climate change refugees.  Canada will be affected and it'll cost a lot of money.

Have you seen any investments in these areas by the feds, other than responding after the fact. I mean have we invested any in fire preventions policies like removal of deadfall, or other fire sources, anything in flood prevention, or construction of flood plains. What grade would you give our federal government in these areas, and what message would you think they send by their lack of action, is it an emergency? 

7 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Have you seen any investments in these areas by the feds, other than responding after the fact. I mean have we invested any in fire preventions policies like removal of deadfall, or other fire sources, anything in flood prevention, or construction of flood plains. What grade would you give our federal government in these areas, and what message would you think they send by their lack of action, is it an emergency? 

Nope & F

On 11/9/2022 at 3:55 PM, Army Guy said:

Getting canceled is a real thing, it is happening all around us and nobody really cares to call it out for what it is, look at the Miller kid that Boston tried to hire, canceled for something he did in middle school...

Being young and dumb is a thing we all go through.  Being cruel and sadistic is not, which is what Mitch Miller was all about.   

I did not know my post was racist BS, please fill me in. 

I didn't say it was.  I said that a lot of the people getting "cancelled" are racists and bigots spouting BS.  Being "cancelled" means that you're being ostracized for your bad behavior.   That's it.  There are examples of woke overreach, but Mitch Miller isn't one of him.  Using him as an example of cancel culture gone awry just makes you look silly and reinforces the perception that this is just a right-wing reverse outrage slogan.  

I wasn't commenting on you specifically.  I was explaining, yet again, how the Conservative party hamstrings itself playing footsie with the science-denialists in the party's base.  A rational/practical approach to this issue would be most welcome.   

I'll never stop complaining about Justin, he is a waste of air end of story. We have already had this discussion about Justin and inflation, and both of us were in agreement, and if you're going to tell me that Justin's policies did not have any or little effect on our current inflation numbers then sir, you're out of touch.

I'll say it as clearly as I can, and I don't mean to be rude:  You have little/no understanding of inflation.  Today's inflation is minimally Justin-related.  I speak to the economists who compile and analyze this data on a fairly regular basis.  I can review it with you if you like, but judging by the fact that you didn't even acknowledge the chart I posted on US inflation data, I don't think you sincerely care.  All that seems to matter to you is that you don't like Justin and we have high inflation.  That's the narrative you're content to roll with.  

On 11/14/2022 at 3:38 PM, Moonbox said:

Being young and dumb is a thing we all go through.  Being cruel and sadistic is not, which is what Mitch Miller was all about.   

I didn't say it was.  I said that a lot of the people getting "cancelled" are racists and bigots spouting BS.  Being "cancelled" means that you're being ostracized for your bad behavior.   That's it.  There are examples of woke overreach, but Mitch Miller isn't one of him.  Using him as an example of cancel culture gone awry just makes you look silly and reinforces the perception that this is just a right-wing reverse outrage slogan.  

I wasn't commenting on you specifically.  I was explaining, yet again, how the Conservative party hamstrings itself playing footsie with the science-denialists in the party's base.  A rational/practical approach to this issue would be most welcome.   

I'll say it as clearly as I can, and I don't mean to be rude:  You have little/no understanding of inflation.  Today's inflation is minimally Justin-related.  I speak to the economists who compile and analyze this data on a fairly regular basis.  I can review it with you if you like, but judging by the fact that you didn't even acknowledge the chart I posted on US inflation data, I don't think you sincerely care.  All that seems to matter to you is that you don't like Justin and we have high inflation.  That's the narrative you're content to roll with.  

He was a child... and although it was a thoughtless stupid act where most kids were probably sent home for a couple of days, today that's not good enough today we are denying him the right to earn a living... becasue of something he did as a child. And to you, that's fair. let's punish this p*ick until the day he dies... screw that get the rope Martha we'll put an end to this right now. Thats what we as a culture do to each other day in and day out. And the funny thing about it is it is normal behavior to do so. What's silly is that is how you see it. got nothing to do with right or left.

Your definition of being cruel and sadistic is much different than mine. and the cost of doing so is light years apart. 

I have not proclaimed i was an economists or inflation expert, but what i can do is pull up a few of your posts where you have agreed that some of justines economic policies have attributed to today's inflation numbers, I'm sure i did not say todays numbers are all justines fault...but if you want me to believe that Justin or his merry gang of Finacial geniuses had NO role to play in any of today's numbers well sir that would make me gullible not stupid when it comes to inflation numbers. 

And you right i don't like Justin, i don't think he has any leadership abilities at all, he has proven time after time he is more than willing to throw subordinates under the bus for self-survival, he is not diplomatic by any means, he has no problem-solving abilities, nor is he not a good public speaker, although he has improved 1000 % since taking office. him and his team prefer to kick tough issues down the street, for someone else to solve. I'd go as far as saying i don't like any form of liberalism, and i don't like where it is taken the country to date, does not mean i can't learn from it, or that I'm not interested in its point of view becasue i am, but more for the standpoint on how to prevent it from happening again. And I'm not content with rolling any one way, what i think i'm content with is calling out something i think is wrong, you don't have to agree with me, it's my opinion and mine alone. we just walk different paths.

Nor do i think Justin is a NAZI, or communist or a traitor or a dictator or whatever is on the list of names today. What I'd do know is we will not be holding hands and dancing at his birthday party. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

He was a child... and although it was a thoughtless stupid act where most kids were probably sent home for a couple of days, today that's not good enough today we are denying him the right to earn a living... becasue of something he did as a child.

It wasn't "a stupid and thoughtless act".  Characterizing it as such is a wild understatement.  The fact that Mitch Miller persisted in the torments he inflicted for years shows he enjoyed it.  That's cruelty, mon amis. 

He wasn't a child, either.  He was 14, and you know better at that age.  The NHL drafted him knowing about his formal record.  They were led to believe he did something stupid as a kid, and that he'd made efforts to reform.  The Boston Bruins later learned it wasn't just a "stupid" incident, but rather a multi-year campaign of abuse and they determined that both his disclosure and his contrition were severely deficient.  

Regardless, the worst thing that can happen to this kid now is that his AHL contract gets bought out and he makes half a mil over the next four years.  Boohoo for him.  I'd suggest your sympathy would be better spent on the developmentally disabled kid he tormented through his formative years but I guess you have other priorities.  ?‍♂️

I have not proclaimed i was an economists or inflation expert, but what i can do is pull up a few of your posts where you have agreed that some of justines economic policies have attributed to today's inflation numbers, I'm sure i did not say todays numbers are all justines fault...but if you want me to believe that Justin or his merry gang of Finacial geniuses had NO role to play in any of today's numbers well sir that would make me gullible not stupid when it comes to inflation numbers. 

I'm saying the impact hasn't been significant or noticeable.  You don't have to know anything about inflation or central banking to see how wrong this narrative is.  

Justinflation.thumb.png.89088f6d2f4e2b8be558f10943e661b7.png

The global nature of the problem should douse any Justinflation gibbering.  The narrative doesn't make sense to start, and the economic data proves it wrong to boot, but I'm not sure how much that matters to you.  The narrative is what counts.  Justin is bad and inflation is bad, and that's a really compelling fantasy to spin.  

Nor do i think Justin is a NAZI, or communist or a traitor or a dictator or whatever is on the list of names today. What I'd do know is we will not be holding hands and dancing at his birthday party. 

Okay, but tell me how you really feel.  :D

16 hours ago, Moonbox said:

It wasn't "a stupid and thoughtless act".  Characterizing it as such is a wild understatement.  The fact that Mitch Miller persisted in the torments he inflicted for years shows he enjoyed it.  That's cruelty, mon amis. 

He wasn't a child, either.  He was 14, and you know better at that age.  The NHL drafted him knowing about his formal record.  They were led to believe he did something stupid as a kid, and that he'd made efforts to reform.  The Boston Bruins later learned it wasn't just a "stupid" incident, but rather a multi-year campaign of abuse and they determined that both his disclosure and his contrition were severely deficient.  

Regardless, the worst thing that can happen to this kid now is that his AHL contract gets bought out and he makes half a mil over the next four years.  Boohoo for him.  I'd suggest your sympathy would be better spent on the developmentally disabled kid he tormented through his formative years but I guess you have other priorities.  ?‍♂️

I'm saying the impact hasn't been significant or noticeable.  You don't have to know anything about inflation or central banking to see how wrong this narrative is.  

Justinflation.thumb.png.89088f6d2f4e2b8be558f10943e661b7.png

The global nature of the problem should douse any Justinflation gibbering.  The narrative doesn't make sense to start, and the economic data proves it wrong to boot, but I'm not sure how much that matters to you.  The narrative is what counts.  Justin is bad and inflation is bad, and that's a really compelling fantasy to spin.  

Okay, but tell me how you really feel.  :D

Well Omar Khadr was under 16 he was treated as a child soldier, Canadians were crying he was just a kid, not responsible for his actions...And he was a terrorist, this kid was a bully, there are millions of them in Canada, and in the schools, this type of behavior happens every day... have we stolen their ability to earn a wage. for the rest of their life's, i mean what do you think his prospects are today other than garbage man, street sweeper, selling crack. 

Way to go one more name to the canceled wall... but canceled is forever, and tragic as bullying is or was, the punishment does not fit the crime. 

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Well Omar Khadr was under 16 he was treated as a child soldier, Canadians were crying he was just a kid, not responsible for his actions...And he was a terrorist, this kid was a bully, there are millions of them in Canada, and in the schools, this type of behavior happens every day... have we stolen their ability to earn a wage. for the rest of their life's, i mean what do you think his prospects are today other than garbage man, street sweeper, selling crack. 

Right right.  Going to GITMO for a decade or whatever it was is totally comparably to NHL teams not being interested in having you on their team.  His life is OVER.  ?

These two situations couldn't be much more different.  

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Way to go one more name to the canceled wall... but canceled is forever, and tragic as bullying is or was, the punishment does not fit the crime. 

The punishment is that people realize that you were a terrible human being.  It's up to you to convince them you've become a better person, not on them to assume you have.  It's arguments like these that make people roll their eyes and tune you out when you start moaning about cancel-culture.  This story is a loser for you guys.  

Bullying and tormenting should not be a regular occurrence at schools.  It has horrible and long term consequences for the victims.  Seeing a vicious little shit like Mitch Miller face some real consequences for his abysmal behavior is fair in my books, and it sends a good signal to all of the other little would-be miscreants out there.  

23 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Right right.  Going to GITMO for a decade or whatever it was is totally comparably to NHL teams not being interested in having you on their team.  His life is OVER.  ?

These two situations couldn't be much more different.  

The punishment is that people realize that you were a terrible human being.  It's up to you to convince them you've become a better person, not on them to assume you have.  It's arguments like these that make people roll their eyes and tune you out when you start moaning about cancel-culture.  This story is a loser for you guys.  

Bullying and tormenting should not be a regular occurrence at schools.  It has horrible and long term consequences for the victims.  Seeing a vicious little shit like Mitch Miller face some real consequences for his abysmal behavior is fair in my books, and it sends a good signal to all of the other little would-be miscreants out there.  

It is the same thing, there was a national cry he was just a child and not responsible for his actions, "of being a terrorist", and some under aged guy accused of being a bully while in "middle school" is denied a career in the NHL. Yes they are very much different, one guy was a terrorist, the other guy a school bully, only this guy is being denied a lucrative career for something he did in middle school. And somehow that's not an example of cancel culture. You can roll your eyes all you want, but if you think this is acceptable then there is something wrong with your morals and values, and your participation in this culture makes you as guilty as they are. 

What's next do we have inquisition and hunt down all bully's or do we just pull random names out of a hat and arrest or cancel them as well. Everyone has skeletons in their closet do we dig them all up and start canceling them as well. what is in your closet?

Your right bullying should not be tolerated in schools, and it happens every day at every school, and this is the first one to make national news with a punishment that does not fit the crime. Schools should be in charge of discipline of this nature, and if he was disciplined at school he is being disciplined twice for the same action, that sounds fair, and if he wasn't disciplined than do you think it is up to the NHL to do that? No the NHL is falling into that cancel culture trap, where it does not belong. 

your bent out of shape about a guy you don't even know FFS, and you accuse me of moaning about cancel culture.  Sounds a lot like vigilantism to me, lets send them all a message, if your 10 to 13 your reasonable for your own actions for the rest of your life...what you going to do when we come for you. 

It is the same thing, there was a national cry he was just a child and not responsible for his actions, "of being a terrorist", and some under aged guy accused of being a bully while in "middle school" is denied a career in the NHL.

You overestimate the support Khadr had in Canada, as well as the backlash against Mitch Miller.  Omar Khadr ended up being an embarrassment for Canada and his legal status was never properly established while he stayed in GITMO.  I'd have been happy to see him rot there forever, but this has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Mitch Miller.  

You can roll your eyes all you want, but if you think this is acceptable then there is something wrong with your morals and values, and your participation in this culture makes you as guilty as they are. 

Yep, you get nothing but eyerolls from me on that.  Criticizing my morals while you moan and wail that a vicious little turd who bullied and tormented a disabled kid for years actually suffers some meaningful consequences is peak irony.  

Your right bullying should not be tolerated in schools, and it happens every day at every school, and this is the first one to make national news with a punishment that does not fit the crime.

Mitch Miller was given an opportunity with the NHL.  He chose to omit a lot of the details of his past, did nothing to make amends and has shown no genuine contrition.  Nobody wants him on their team because he was a truly awful human being not all that long ago, and has given the league ample reason to doubt his honesty and character.  One day he may still play in the NHL, but it's not going to be before he actually owns his actions and makes an honest effort to show he's learned and changed.    

Schools should be in charge of discipline of this nature, and if he was disciplined at school he is being disciplined twice for the same action, that sounds fair, and if he wasn't disciplined than do you think it is up to the NHL to do that? No the NHL is falling into that cancel culture trap, where it does not belong. 

He was never entitled to play in the NHL, or for anyone to pay him to work for them.  Like a university looking at past history during the admission process, Mitch Miller is going through the same and nobody's liking what they see.  

your bent out of shape about a guy you don't even know FFS, and you accuse me of moaning about cancel culture.  

Your fixation/obsession over cancel-culture is the issue here.  You can't seem to help bringing it up no matter the topic.  Mitch Miller? I'd not have given him another thought until you started complaining about it here.  Trying to make this little turd your martyr just makes you look foolish, sorry.  

On 11/18/2022 at 2:16 AM, Moonbox said:

You overestimate the support Khadr had in Canada, as well as the backlash against Mitch Miller.  Omar Khadr ended up being an embarrassment for Canada and his legal status was never properly established while he stayed in GITMO.  I'd have been happy to see him rot there forever, but this has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Mitch Miller.  

Yep, you get nothing but eyerolls from me on that.  Criticizing my morals while you moan and wail that a vicious little turd who bullied and tormented a disabled kid for years actually suffers some meaningful consequences is peak irony.  

Mitch Miller was given an opportunity with the NHL.  He chose to omit a lot of the details of his past, did nothing to make amends and has shown no genuine contrition.  Nobody wants him on their team because he was a truly awful human being not all that long ago, and has given the league ample reason to doubt his honesty and character.  One day he may still play in the NHL, but it's not going to be before he actually owns his actions and makes an honest effort to show he's learned and changed.    

He was never entitled to play in the NHL, or for anyone to pay him to work for them.  Like a university looking at past history during the admission process, Mitch Miller is going through the same and nobody's liking what they see.  

Your fixation/obsession over cancel-culture is the issue here.  You can't seem to help bringing it up no matter the topic.  Mitch Miller? I'd not have given him another thought until you started complaining about it here.  Trying to make this little turd your martyr just makes you look foolish, sorry.  

No i did not, it was support here in Canada that got him too where is today. check out the massive pages of content just on this forum. Let's not forget he was a terrorist period and was not afforded any rights that the Genva convention or Canadian law could help him with. 

Well sir when you can can stand tall and make statements vicious little shi* when he was a middle schooler at the time, then yes i question your moral values. Being a bully is a crime, and against school policies, yet neither dealt with it back then. Now you want to dig out the rope, and deny him a opportunity of a lifetime becasue of something he done as a middle schooler. age 10 to 13... 

Ya he is an awful human being, I wonder how many NHL players there are right now that got away with sexual assualt when coming up through hockey Canada, but sexual assault is alright, bullying although terrible is ranked where on the crime scale.  

Your right when we can destroy a person's life for little to no reason at all, and drag it all the way back to age 10 (where do you draw the age line?) the whole thing it is nothing to worry about to you... for me ya i seen the consequences of good men life's destroyed over something that happened 35 to 40 years ago, and that was just the accusation, it has yet to be proven in court. That does not bother you? 

He is not my Martyr, i just don't think the punishment fits the crime. Show me on bully from a school that has been punished to this extent from actions when they were 10 to 13 years old. a Canadian example please.  

33 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Well sir when you can can stand tall and make statements vicious little shi* when he was a middle schooler at the time, then yes i question your moral values.

Okay, but you're questioning my morals while defending someone you acknowledge was an awful human being not too long ago and who neither made amends nor showed sincere contrition.  I feel comfortable with where I stand on the balance of morals vs you on this issue.   

Being a bully is a crime, and against school policies, yet neither dealt with it back then. Now you want to dig out the rope, and deny him a opportunity of a lifetime becasue of something he done as a middle schooler. age 10 to 13... 

He was 14.  

Ya he is an awful human being, I wonder how many NHL players there are right now that got away with sexual assualt when coming up through hockey Canada, but sexual assault is alright, bullying although terrible is ranked where on the crime scale.  

No, it's not.  That's the whole point.  The message being sent is that this behavior is not tolerated anymore - period.  Don't be a horrible, entitled little tw*t and think you can do whatever you want without consequences because you're good at hockey and popular at school.  I can give you names of players who have been booted from the league for bad conduct years before they ever played, so let's not pretend that they're all allowed carte-blanche.  

for me ya i seen the consequences of good men life's destroyed over something that happened 35 to 40 years ago, and that was just the accusation, it has yet to be proven in court. That does not bother you? 

Sure it does, if that's all there is to the story.  I suspect, however, that's not the case.  There's no statute of limitations on this sort of thing, and 35-40 years ago, the world and attitudes towards things like sexual assault were very different.  I suspect for this you're referring to all of the officers in the military losing their positions.  

He is not my Martyr, i just don't think the punishment fits the crime. Show me on bully from a school that has been punished to this extent from actions when they were 10 to 13 years old. a Canadian example please.  

Why do you keep talking about 10-13 years old?  Mitch Miller was 14.  

One thing I think that is funny about this attitude you have here is how you're lamenting the little jerk's punishment.  I can give you cases of teenage bullies being criminally charged for bullying.  In Mitch Miller's case, the NHL and its teams are just not interested with working with him.  He was a nasty little turd and he's given them ample reason to believe nothing has changed, and he was never entitled to play for them.  

16 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Okay, but you're questioning my morals while defending someone you acknowledge was an awful human being not too long ago and who neither made amends nor showed sincere contrition.  I feel comfortable with where I stand on the balance of morals vs you on this issue.   

He was 14.  

No, it's not.  That's the whole point.  The message being sent is that this behavior is not tolerated anymore - period.  Don't be a horrible, entitled little tw*t and think you can do whatever you want without consequences because you're good at hockey and popular at school.  I can give you names of players who have been booted from the league for bad conduct years before they ever played, so let's not pretend that they're all allowed carte-blanche.  

Sure it does, if that's all there is to the story.  I suspect, however, that's not the case.  There's no statute of limitations on this sort of thing, and 35-40 years ago, the world and attitudes towards things like sexual assault were very different.  I suspect for this you're referring to all of the officers in the military losing their positions.  

Why do you keep talking about 10-13 years old?  Mitch Miller was 14.  

One thing I think that is funny about this attitude you have here is how you're lamenting the little jerk's punishment.  I can give you cases of teenage bullies being criminally charged for bullying.  In Mitch Miller's case, the NHL and its teams are just not interested with working with him.  He was a nasty little turd and he's given them ample reason to believe nothing has changed, and he was never entitled to play for them.  

I think you've blown it out of proportion, and the punishment does not fit the crime.

So, he was a kid, middle school in NB is from 10 to 13. still makes him a child right. 

sexual assault and bullying are miles apart, in fact on opposite ends of the scales. and they are allowed carte blanch is that not what hockey Canada is being torn down right now, becasue they paid off women that were e sexual assaulted. and those players accused of these crimes are they still playing? 

Sexual assault in the military could be as petty as me calling you a pu$$Y,or getting handsy while hammered during a dance or function. It is left up to the perception of complainant. And yes, i am talking about some of those officers and a few others. the have lost their Careers and HAVE not been convicted of anything. since when is that right

He was 14, consider a child in a court of law... one that needs his parents' consent to do anything. not considered an adult until the age of 16... 

I'm sure you can, was he charged? Did his school hand out punishment? The NHL teams are afraid becasue of todays canceled culture, like everyone is... and why not if your responsible for everything you have done in your entire lifetime. to be used against you at any time. And who decides if he has changed you, the streets, the NHL. I've done plenty of things i am not proud of in my lifetime, and i will be judged, not by todays canceled culture... or some generation that cannot even decided what time it is on a clock, or write cursive, or tell what gender they are today, or this minute.