The high price of gas can be largely traced to Joe Biden and Justin Trudeau

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

Why Did God Ask Abraham to Sacrifice Isaac?   If you really want to know the answer to this question, you need to  read this article. 

Why did God ask Abraham to sacrifice Isaac? | BibleProject™

That take on the story makes the story completely pointless. 

I would have no problem with the “sacrifice” of my child too,  if I knew I didn’t REALLY have to sacrifice them!  

“Oh sure God…. I’ll kill my son for you…. wink, wink” 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, blackbird said:

This website explains the story about Abraham and his son.  It would make more sense to actually read about this story and understand it and not just use a piece of it to throw out a false sound bite. 

"In faith, Abraham took his son Isaac and was ready to offer him up as a sacrifice, trusting that God could indeed raise him up again and fulfill His promises to Abraham to bless all nations through the Seed of Abraham and Isaac (cf. Genesis 22:18). And, in a figure, Abraham received his son back again alive from the dead.

So also Christ Jesus, who suffered and died the just punishment for the sins of the world, was raised up again on the third day. As the Bible tells us, Jesus Christ "was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification" (Romans 4:25). His resurrection is proof that God accepted His sacrifice as full payment for the sins of the world, and through faith in Jesus we are justified and counted righteous and acceptable in God's eyes. Because Jesus died for our sins, in our stead, and rose again, we who trust in Him have the assurance that our sins are paid for in full and forgiven and that we too will be raised up on the last day to life eternal!"

Why did God ask Abraham to sacrifice his son? (nwaonline.com)

Two people read the same Bible.

One sees reasons to love.

The other reasons to hate.

One sees unity.

The other division.

One finds prejudice.

The other equality.

One discovers compassion.

The other, indifference.

One goodwill.

The other, malice.

Two people, one book. One book, two views.

The book is a mirror.

The reflection is you.

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Two people read the same Bible.

One sees reasons to love.

The other reasons to hate.

One sees unity.

The other division.

One finds prejudice.

The other equality.

One discovers compassion.

The other, indifference.

One goodwill.

The other, malice.

Two people, one book. One book, two views.

The book is a mirror.

The reflection is you.

Nonsense.  I think if you do a search on a certain story in the Bible such as this story about Abraham and his son Isaac, you will find most websites will tell you basically the same understanding of it.  

On 11/15/2022 at 10:09 AM, blackbird said:

Nonsense.  I think if you do a search on a certain story in the Bible such as this story about Abraham and his son Isaac, you will find most websites will tell you basically the same understanding of it.  

“ABRAHAM DIDN’T THINK ISAAC WOULD DIE”

This is not the standard belief by any means. The entire faith of Judaism is rooted in this one act.  If Abraham didn’t think Isaac would die, then there was no obedience at all. 

Let me make sure I understand you:

The Lord God Almighty made Abraham and Isaac the leaders of his chosen people… because they were clever enough to figure out that God was lying to them about sacrificing Isaac. Right? That’s why? 

Edited by Rebound

On 11/15/2022 at 12:44 PM, Rebound said:

“ABRAHAM DIDN’T THINK ISAAC WOULD DIE”

This is not the standard belief by any means. The entire faith of Judaism is rooted in this one act.  If Abraham didn’t think Isaac would die, then there was no obedience at all. 

Let me make sure I understand you:

The Lord God Almighty made Abraham and Isaac the leaders of his chosen people… because they were clever enough to figure out that God was lying to them about sacrificing Isaac. Right? That’s why? 

Wow... Y'all sure are into your mythology here. Let me ask, do y'all believe in the Easter bunny as well? How about the tooth fairy?

1 hour ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Wow... Y'all sure are into your mythology here. Let me ask, do y'all believe in the Easter bunny as well? How about the tooth fairy?

No, but I believe in you, CrackHoBarbie!

I think you’re misreading who’s saying what. It started with me saying that it’s crazy that millions worship a story about guy who heard a voice inside his head commanding him to murder his son. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...