Fidel Trudeau goes for the gun grab

West

So tell us how you'd take handguns away from criminals. This is about limiting the number of legal owners.
Now if you even see one, you can call a cop. It's either illegal or unsafely stored or transported.

To which 80% of us say 'good' or 'who cares'. If you have one already, you still have it. If you don't, too damn bad. Not going to cost him a single voter, the only people that want one and don't have one already aren't gonna vote for him anyways.

10 hours ago, herbie said:

So tell us how you'd take handguns away from criminals. This is about limiting the number of legal owners.
Now if you even see one, you can call a cop. It's either illegal or unsafely stored or transported.

To which 80% of us say 'good' or 'who cares'. If you have one already, you still have it. If you don't, too damn bad. Not going to cost him a single voter, the only people that want one and don't have one already aren't gonna vote for him anyways.

That is the same question that is stumping liberal politicians as well, they can't figure it out so they dicided to distract liberal voters by pretending to do something, anything, and once again you have bought into it hook line and sinker. 

The question you should be asking is why they are limiting the number of LEGAL gun owners. If gun crime is the problem in which the liberals are pretending to tackle, then why direct that attack on legal gun owners?

This is one of our nation's biggest problems nobody cares. until one day it is something you value or have, then it is going to be a different story. If you don't care as you say, why does it bother, you that people own firearms. this is just another leftist example of your opinion trumps any other, you don't care and do not want to listen to the other side of the story. 

I hear the other side of the story.
And I don't give a shit that there will be no more legal handgun owners. MOF I see nothing more than a want by some, there's no NEED involved. You can't hunt with one, you have to keep it in a safe, you need papers to transport it to a range to even use it. The few people with a rural property where they can shoot one's is insignificant as to the whole country. I was one of those once, never considered a hand gun a useful tool. That's all my long guns were - tools.

Buy a BB/pellet gun for target shooting. That's all you can do with a handgun.

22 hours ago, herbie said:

And I don't give a shit that there will be no more legal handgun owners. MOF I see nothing more than a want by some, there's no NEED involved. You can't hunt with one, you have to keep it in a safe, you need papers to transport it to a range to even use it. The few people with a rural property where they can shoot one's is insignificant as to the whole country. I was one of those once, never considered a hand gun a useful tool. That's all my long guns were - tools.

It is a legally purchased piece of personal property, that is not part of the gun problem, just because you don't have a use or think it is useful, that is reason enough to ban them? It does not bother you at all that this program will cost bils to implement and will not reduce gun violence to any reasonable degree, that and the fact less than 400 k will be spent in combating illegal guns at the border which is reasonable for over 80% of the guns used in violent crimes here in Canada.

And all that makes sense to you, i know you switched off a long time ago, you don't really care WTF they do. it all makes sense to you. Even law enforcement does not believe these measures are going to make a difference, what do they know right. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, herbie said:

You don't think people target shoot with hand guns? It's an Olympic sport. Once the current crop of Canadian shooters retire, there will be no more Canadians competing in that discipline.

No one "needs" golf clubs or skis either. No one "needs" high powered cars and they kill a lot more people than legal hand guns. God help us when people like you get to decide what others can use based on what you "need".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2022 at 1:21 PM, herbie said:

I don't give a shit that there will be no more legal handgun owners. I see nothing more than a want by some, there's no NEED involved. You can't hunt with one, you have to keep it in a safe, you need papers to transport it to a range to even use it. The few people with a rural property where they can shoot one is insignificant as to the whole country. I was one of those once, never considered a hand gun a useful tool. That's all my long guns were - tools.

Had a permit to 'pack' via  BC Free Miners License.  Minimum caliber  .41 

Super Blackhawk/.44 Remington magnum

1 hour ago, PIK said:

This is about bringing America's problems here and calling them our own.

that's the very essence of Canada now

the Liberals have erased Canadian history & culture,

replacing that with the ideologies of the American Democrat party

since they are just the farm team for the Democrats now

if you oppose the Liberals,

you might as well just join us Republicans at this point

Edited by Dougie93

On 10/27/2022 at 5:15 PM, herbie said:

Yes they do. That's about all you can do with them. Went to the range w a buddy. He moved away for 5 years, came back and in 5 more, never went again. Dust collectors

So you've describe two persons accounts out of 2.5-million-gun owners and have based your opinion on that, there has got to be more to your opinion than that or is this how you solve all your problems. 

Pistol shooting and other gun sports brings in 8 billion in revenue to this country every year... Hand guns are a large part of that. Not only where handguns banned and 1500 hundred rifles but all replicas that look like those rifles already banned. which might as it is not clear in the law as of yet may include air soft rifles that look like and have the same names as the banned firearms. which would include well over 5 million users in Canada alone.  

On 10/27/2022 at 5:19 PM, herbie said:

He doesn't. He has permission from the gov't and still has some handguns. Why your concern for no new owners? Their tough shit, not yours.

Why are you concerned with any new handgun owners, why do they pose a problem for you, or you just jumped on the train for no reason other than, others where.