Fascist, The new F*** you when loosing an argument

21 hours ago, Jedi_Master_Tallyn said:

But when it happened it upset like you its Doug said "it bothered you because you are not one", but still it got to you right? 

Why do  you think they did that, was it just to upset you and scare you off responding or to throw you off your game?

It's not something I'll lose any sleep over but it's disappointing that accusations like being a fascist or racist are so easily used these days. And most of those casting these baseless accusations have never experienced fascism or real racism. These words are so overused now that people are just shrugging it off, it's the new normal.

In this forum, I think they (primarily leftists) do it because they can't stomach the fact that anyone can dare to disagree with them.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2022 at 11:54 AM, Jedi_Master_Tallyn said:

Definition of fascism

1often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascistic) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
2: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control early instances of army fascism and brutality— J. W. Aldridge

Above is copied from the first link of the Google search "definition of fascism", now to me that says this;

"Fascism quick and dirty definition: my way or your dead" 

I do not think ANYONE on this sight is a fascist, intolerant of opposing views and opinions maybe, but not a fascist. Has this word become the go to insult when loosing or feeling like you are loosing an argument. We all are so quick to go to this when faced with a someone who feels strongly in their beliefs. I challenge each of to stop this. I do not think I have in post said that you are not entitled to your beliefs or opinions; and if I have I fully and repentantly apologize for that. Now even I have called someone's opinion silly and many have called other opinions stupid, sadly some including me have lost our cool and called the person stupid. 

Not having a college degree does not equal stupid, it simply means that other people learned from the school of hard knocks while you got to sit in a classroom and be lectured at. 

That being said if I called you stupid I was upset and did not step away and take a breath before typing. Shame on me. That is a me problem as an adult should be responsible enough to engage intelligent debate with out muck raking. Sorry I am human, still working on that whole let there be light thing. 
I can flick the light switch but I don't think that counts. lol

Anyway, Do you really think people whose views oppose yours are fascist? If so, why? When did not agreeing on something begin to mean one of the other was a fascist?

You just described the American left in surprisingly accurate detail.