again, I don't argue on the internet

I am not trying to prove anything

this is a free market of ideas

I simply try to pass on what useful information I can

it's the same with Fascism

I assert that it is a danger, a mortal peril, a catastrophe waiting to happen

as a Christian, I do decry it as evil

all I say is : know your enemy

Augustus Caesar, Tiberius Caesar, Claudius Caesar,  Germanicus Caesar, Nero Caesar

Jesus of Nazareth brought them down : we must not let them rise again

Well.. to each his own, That being said I am pretty sure Christians do not hold the patent on calling fascism evil I am fairly certain the bar some extreme examples of people of questionable humanity, Pretty much everyone can agree fascism is evil. 

13 minutes ago, Jedi_Master_Tallyn said:

Ok I got what you were referencing in every video but that last Elvis one. 

What does the Yellow Rose of Texas or the Eyes of Texas have to do with our discussion?

The Eyes of Texas

alternate American anthem

if you prefer the Star Spangled Banner, I love that one too

or if you are Southron, I can whistle Dixie as well

as a Republican mind you, The Battle Hymn of the Republic takes pride of place for me

in the beauty of the lillies, Christ was born across the sea

Edited by Dougie93

2 minutes ago, Jedi_Master_Tallyn said:

Pretty much everyone can agree fascism is evil. 

I don't think so

I think is it is exponentially more popular than you apparently surmise

it was in fact only Christians who said it was wrong

otherwise, the entire Western world was a fascist slave empire by popular acclaim

Errr.... Eyes of Texas is a great folk song about Texas but not really something National.

For and alternate Anthem I would go with God Bless the U.S.A or America the Beautiful, But I have issues with calling the United States; America, 

Which are this: America is a continent, It includes SEVERAL countries two of which are very close or even bigger in land area than the United States. Even though I consider myself a United States patriot, and I love this country calling it just America seems a little arrogant to me. Are Canadians not also American's? No why then do you find it ok to call everyone from southeast Asia, Asian? Believe me they find that WAY more insulting than you can imagine. They hate each other over there. ALOT. and to be grouped together like that? Stereotyping much? (the "you" in this statement is general to everyone not YOU specifically")

as for the Christian only said fascism is evil,

maybe they said it first, but pretty sure most everyone except an actual fascist is saying it now.

1 minute ago, Jedi_Master_Tallyn said:

Why not USA for informal? Why does this one country, Which I am a proud citizen of, get to be the only Americans? 

because the Canadians insist that they are not Americans

the Canadians are reactionary to being called Americans, they will freak out if you call them that

9 minutes ago, Jedi_Master_Tallyn said:

Oh.... well ok then.

think back to the War of 1812

before the war, the British colonists in Canada called themselves Americans

there wasn't even an official border between us at the time

but then James Madison launched an invasion

it didn't go well for America

so then American forces started burning down all the farms on the north shore of Lake Erie

that so outraged the British colonists, that they ceased to call themselves Americans

and instead adopted the French title : Canadien

Edited by Dougie93

7 minutes ago, Jedi_Master_Tallyn said:

I was not aware the "border" did not develop until 1812 I was under the impression it was already there and established as least as far as the Great Lakes.

And yeah I could see that pissing people off.

it was kind of like Vietnam

once American troops starting burning the villages down, they lost the hearts & minds campaign

Edited by Dougie93

ok whoa that is apples and oranges my friends. 

In the 1812 instance we invaded the "allies" of a country we were at war with. And the Government went full send, and lost. 

Vietnam, was a money by elements of our military and certain members of Congress grab where our troops were underfunded undersupplied, and we had no business being in the first place especially considering South Vietnam was just as bad as the North.  

The above is a direct quote from my dad a Vietnam veteran. So please all veterans out there do not think I am unthankful for your service, I just think that particular "Police Action" was a terrible mistake and waist, I also believe our veterans coming home were treated VERY poorly and that is shameful as well.

1 minute ago, Jedi_Master_Tallyn said:

ok whoa that is apples and oranges my friends. 

In the 1812 instance we invaded the "allies" of a country we were at war with. And the Government went full send, and lost. 

Vietnam, was a money by elements of our military and certain members of Congress grab where our troops were underfunded undersupplied, and we had no business being in the first place especially considering South Vietnam was just as bad as the North.  

The above is a direct quote from my dad a Vietnam veteran. So please all veterans out there do not think I am unthankful for your service, I just think that particular "Police Action" was a terrible mistake and waist, I also believe our veterans coming home were treated VERY poorly and that is shameful as well.

actually, I think defending South Vietnam was a noble cause

I reject the idea that South Vietnam was "as bad" as North Vietnam

North Vietnam was run by Le Duan, the Stalin of South East Asia, backed by Mao, who murdered forty million

South Vietnam could have been like South Korea

the North Vietnamese were just too tough

their determination to suffer horrendous casualties was simply more than America could match

every American who tried to defend South Vietnam, was none the less heroic in the attempt

free all the slaves everywhere, or die trying

Just now, Jedi_Master_Tallyn said:

I am going to walk away from this landmine and just agree to disagree about S. Vietnam.

I am perfectly prepared to defend South Vietnam as having been a noble cause

it was filthy, but free

freer than most countries in Asia at the time

freer than most countries in Asia are now

I wish we could liberate the freedom loving South Vietnamese to this day

since the country is still divided, with those living in the South still wishing for American freedom

God bless them, God save them

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I am perfectly prepared to defend South Vietnam as having been a noble cause

Maybe you are but I am not going be the other side of that, What little I know comes from my dad and don't like asking him because of PTSD. So yeah, not debating that one.

'Nam has always been a touchy subject around here and I tend to just nope out when it comes up, mostly because I don't know a lot about it.

2 minutes ago, Jedi_Master_Tallyn said:

Maybe you are but I am not going be the other side of that, What little I know comes from my dad and don't like asking him because of PTSD. So yeah, not debating that one.

'Nam has always been a touchy subject around here and I tend to just nope out when it comes up, mostly because I don't know a lot about it.

no subject is too touchy

first amendment to the threshold of Brandenburg v. Ohio

not one step back

What I mean is I am not informed enough about this subject to debate it, and most likely wont become such, and those were the reason. 

While some may say no subject is taboo their are certain things that are not discussed in certain company for a host of reason. 

And no I do not believe that anyone agrees on those reasons. 

ever.

7 minutes ago, Jedi_Master_Tallyn said:

What I mean is I am not informed enough about this subject to debate it, and most likely wont become such, and those were the reason. 

While some may say no subject is taboo their are certain things that are not discussed in certain company for a host of reason. 

And no I do not believe that anyone agrees on those reasons. 

ever.

you are the one who took issue with my statement about Vietnam

if you don't want to debate me about Vietnam, then don't take issue with my comments about it next time

I personally would not call anyone a fascist simply for disagreeing with me. Diversity of opinion is a good thing, but it is under attack these days and that attack is primarily from the political left. I can sense the anger from the excessive use of capitals by some to make a point. Insults and accusations are sure to follow.

I suppose some on here think I'm a fascist because of my opinions on certain subjects. It was very well put in the first post of this topic that many of us have formed opinions based on our personal experiences. The school of hard knocks vs classroom lectures. I think that most of those elites giving those long lectures have zero experience with the school of hard knocks.

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

I suppose some on here think I'm a fascist because of my opinions on certain subjects. It was very well put in the first post of this topic that many of us have formed opinions based on our personal experiences. The school of hard knocks vs classroom lectures. I think that most of those elites giving those long lectures have zero experience with the school of hard knocks.

But when it happened it upset like you its Doug said "it bothered you because you are not one", but still it got to you right? 

Why do  you think they did that, was it just to upset you and scare you off responding or to throw you off your game?